[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, so let's do a little thought experiment: Suppose the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0293.png (66KB, 865x519px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0293.png
66KB, 865x519px
Ok, so let's do a little thought experiment:

Suppose the Tantive IV, post Rogue One, made a misjump into the Earth-Sphere (aka the UC version of the solar system) during Operation British.

Let's assume that they weren't followed by Darth Vader and that their hyperdrives would take at least six months to repair (their sub-light drives are still operational).

Question one is what their reactions would be to seeing Mobile Suits; question two is whether or not they would recognize that Side 2 was a space station of some sort; and question three is what would they do to stop the colony's descent to Earth.

Let the debates commence! oh god what have I done
>>
>>15557606
What if they were followed though? Would The Empire just kill everything?
>>
>>15557620

For the purposes of our experiment, the Tantive IV was *not* followed by Darth Vader, though the image of a Zaku II going up against a TIE Fighter is a pleasing one.
>>
wouldn't humanity not even be around yet?
>>
>>15557606

Why would they not recognize Side 2 as a space station? It's very obviously a man-made space structure of some kind and any scan at all will reveal it's largely hollow, so it wouldn't be of much use as anything other than a habitation. I can't imagine people used to seeing droids and walker machines would find bipedal walkers surprising either. They might be surprised at their effectiveness, but I can't imagine they'd be surprised at their design. I doubt they'd be too effective though given that the Tantive IV has energy shielding effective against missiles as well as beams and can probably cross the entire Earthsphere in minutes even limited to sublight drives given the kind of speeds units move at in even the original movies. A Zaku II or something else might be able to fuck them up if they got in close, but given the relative speed difference there's no reason one should get in close.

As to what it could do to stop Isle Iffish? I guess it depends on where Isle Iffish is at the time. If it's just mid-transport and st ill in space, then the Tantive IV could probably just tow it away since it's a Corellian transport if I recall. If it's already dropping through the atmosphere though there's probably not much, since the Tantive IV only has a few turbolasers and I don't recall them being too destructive.
>>
>>15557670

How strong would the Tantive IV have to be in order to tug a station the size of Side 2, though?

And speaking of Operation British being mid-transport, would the ship have enough capacity to even attempt search-and rescue ops for survivors fleeing the station? Would the Zeon forces carrying out the operation even *let* same said survivors escape?
>>
>>15557696

Haulage vehicles regularly tow weights many times their size. The Tantive IV isn't actually a transport ship though, I was getting it confused since the Tantive IV is the original design of the Millenium Falcon and so was originally supposed to be a hauler, until they realized it's design was too close to an existing one from some other show and changed it to it's more familiar shape at the last minute, reassinging the Tantive IV's model so as not to waste it. It became a full on diplomatic ship in the lore though, with no past as a transport vessel.

Still, given the engine's power it probably could do it regardless.
>>
>>15558126

The question still remains if the Tantive IV would be able to carry out search-and-rescue operations for survivors of Operation British (assuming that the Zeon forces are intent on leaving any).
>>
>>15557606
>whether or not they would recognize that Side 2 was a space station of some sort;
I don't see how they could possibly miss it.
>what would they do to stop the colony's descent to Earth.
Nothing, likely. They jumped into the middle of a confusing situation, quick and sound decisions are not going to be made,

>>15557696
>How strong would the Tantive IV have to be in order to tug a station the size of Side 2, though?
Depends if it's running on Gundam physics or Star Wars physics. With Star Wars casual observence of physics basically mass doesn't need to be a thing. Space means weightlessness so anything can tug anything, whee! If the Tantive has a tractor beam it could use plot armour strength to solve the situation. I just don't think it's likely that anyone would bother, like I said they jumped into the middle of a situation, they have their own problems to think about and frankly 'hey we're powerful strangers who solve your problem in an instant, let's be friends' sounds like a dull story. The only way to get any fun out of the crossover is to let the atrocities happen.
>>
>>15558153

Zeon would likely have killed any occupants before starting transport to minimise possible mutiny stopping the drop. The Tantive IV can carry at least one hundred passengers comfortably but could probably carry several hundred in a pinch, which isn't even close to the capacity of a colony but is likely to exceed survivors if they caught it mid transport.

The question is more could the Tantive IV stop Zeon forces around it, which I doubt they could. The Tantive IV should be capable of defending against a large Zeon force or escaping one, but assaulting one is probably beyond them giving the lack of weapons on the ship. Unless they packed explosives in to the escape capsules and exoloded all of them almost simultaneously to keep the element of surprise, but that's assuming they have sufficient explosives and being very generous to their planning and capabilities.
>>
Isn't this entire hypothetical flawed? By the time they even reach Earth the crew would be dead since they're traveling at light speed. It would just be a dead ship with hyper advanced technology accidentally winding up in the solar system. Even then the Feddies are the ones most likely to get hold of the ship since they've got the Jupiter and Saturn research stations while Zeon only had stations in Mars space.
>>
>>15558266

Star Wars ships don't ever travel at light speed. They use sublight engines to get around normally and hyperdrives to accelerate past light speed and move between two points faster than light speed would allow but the occupants are never subject to light speed.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.