[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>when you kill so many corrupt government officials you accidentally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 17

File: 212123324452176267.jpg (60KB, 456x400px) Image search: [Google]
212123324452176267.jpg
60KB, 456x400px
>when you kill so many corrupt government officials you accidentally reform the corrupt government that trained you
>>
What the hell was their goal at the end? Just blast the planet with their new Satellite Cannon until everything's as dead as they feel inside?
>>
>>15557156

They wanted to take over. Although we never really see them on screen (probably a combination of X's low number of named characters and the episode cut), there was a team working directly under them that was going along with their plans. It's why those Neo Daughtress in the last episode appear to help them even after they blasted the Federation's flagship.

Also, the Neo Daughtress were exclusive use of that team working under the Frosts, while the standard army was stuck with Balients.
>>
>>15557156
They wanted people to notice them.
And kill everyone for ignoring them
>>
>>15557156

I got the impression they wanted to kill everyone other than themselves. Which is basically the end of humanity.
>>
>>15557302
They were throwing a tantrum over how they got F on their newtype test results. Figured, if they killed everyone who scores A,B,C, or D, that the grade curve would shift them into A.
>>
>>15557156
Kill all the new types so they feel more special since they got overlooked
>>
Keep in mind that the Frost Brothers were very powerful newtypes. They just weren't the right kind of newtype.
>>
>>15560122
>very powerful newtypes.
How?
>>
>>15557156
The Frost Brothers were incredibly powerful people with one massive, massive personality flaw: they were petty as shit.

They're part of X's general message about how obsessing over Newtypes does nobody any good. Like Jamil, these guys wasted their legitimately incredible talents to pursue a completely useless personal vendetta that benefited nobody but themselves.

They're built up as these ominous figures who have some secret goal, but half the joke is that they don't. The other half is that Garrod gets so pissed off when he hears their motivations that he foregoes the DX's actual weapons and just punches them in the face.

It's immensely satisfying.
>>
>>15560147

They had a telepathic link on a level no other newtype has. The best most can do is reach out their thoughts, but theirs was essentially full communication.

They were Category F purely because they were incompatible with the Satellite System.
>>
>>15557156
They explain their goal to Garrod.

Basically, they (and all other Category F's) got passed up last war because they weren't capable of using the Flash System. This pissed them off really hard, and the way Newtypes became these mythical figures post-war just twisted the knife. So they decided that they were going to start another huge war, only this time THEY would be the amazing heroes who turn the tides. That'll show those Newtypes who's boss!!!!

I like to think that following X, they devoted their lives to harassing the last confirmed living Newtype: the dolphin.

They just spend every fucking day at that place trying to outswim that dolphin.
>>
>>15560150
>to pursue a completely useless personal vendetta that benefited nobody but themselves.
I fail to see the problem
>>
>>15560159

You also thought throwing your political enemies out of helicopters doesn't break the NAP, so I take what you say with a grain of salt.
>>
>>15560177
That wasn't Friedman that defended Pinochet, that was Hayek.
>>
>>15560153
Ah, makes sense. I was looking at it from a purely combat perspective since they're pretty weak at that front. Unlike standard Newtypes, the Frost brothers don't have any of that super piloting precognition, so they're even weaker than Char in that respect.
>>
>>15560153
Being compatable with the satellite system had nothing to do with it. You only need a newtype for the initial setup.

The reason they got F is because they could ONLY communicate with each other. They couldn't do it with anyone else and lacked any other newtype abilities, even basic ones.

The reason they were pronounced failures was because they couldn't use the flash system, which is why that one guy was considered a sucess.
>>
"Newtypes are bullshit" says the person who is capable of existing purely as a disembodied brain in a computer thanks to his newtype powers
>>
>>15560241
Literally Wiseman.
>>
>>15560241
He was criticizing the idea that Newtypes were the next step for humanity, not whether or not they actually existed.

DOME is intensely anti transhumanism. He watched humanity fall apart, with "Newtypes" pulling the trigger, but then he watched "Oldtypes" pull civilization back together in a frankly ludicrously short timeframe. He believes that humanity is fine as they are because he has seen firsthand that they are capable of miracles.

And then some jackasses come in after the hard work is done and start ranting about Newtypes being the future again and you can just see him mentally facepalming.
>>
>>15560241

He doesn't say their power is bullshit. He says the idea of them being the future of humanity who are to be worshiped is bullshit, because they're just a bunch of weird genetic offshoots that will never become the majority.
>>
File: mellowlink.gif (2MB, 262x202px) Image search: [Google]
mellowlink.gif
2MB, 262x202px
>>15557123
>>
>>15560150
>They couldn't do it with anyone else and lacked any other newtype abilities, even basic ones.

According to the Category F entry in the Gundam X site for the DVD release, the Class F Newtypes do have the Newtypes' standard enhanced combat ability. It's specifically the lack of compatibility with the Flash system which categorizes them as Class F.

Although, yeah, it's never mentioned or hinted at in the show, so I'm not sure it counts.
>>
>>15560297
>>15560503
This.

It's easy to forget after decades of UC abusing it, but the word 'Newtype' used to/was intended to mean something other than 'psychic killing machine'. You know, a 'new type' of humanity?
>>
>>15560297
>>15560503
>>15561647
But then how will we ever develop newtypes into not-Space Marines? I mean the Purus are one step away from the geneseed program.
>>
>>15560297
>DOME is intensely anti transhumanism.

Really I can't stand this mindset. I don't think anything should impede the advancement of surpassing our current physical form's limitations. To me to be anti-transhumanist is no different from being against artificial hearts.
>>
>>15561661
He wasn't even being anti-transhumanist. He was firmly against seeing newtypes as the end-all-be-all solution to everyone's problems like the Universal Century is so prone to doing. DOME's point was that newtypes weren't special, they're not something to be exploited as a weapon or the "next stage of humanity" that only spacenoids would become (and used as justification for mass murder), they're nothing more than regular people with psychic powers.

It's exemplified with the leaders of all four factions in the 8th Space War. Jamil always believed that newtypes would be the ones to pave the future like what his vision showed him, and led the Freeden on his newtype hunt for that purpose, to protect those envisioned seeds. Yet it was the Freeden's crew, all oldtypes, who were his main fighting force, and Garrod in particular changed events because he used his own hands to do it, not because he was special in any way.

The SRA leader believed that only spacenoids could become newtypes, and this was justification for purging all the inferior oldtypes on Earth. Yet Tiffa's existence defies this logic, and he's fully willing to ignore that damning evidence for the sake of his war because he's a warmonger.

The Federation leader actively used newtypes as weapons, and exploited the Frost brothers repeatedly to silence dissidents and solidify his power. Yet a whole lot of people died because of this, and the Frost brothers turned on both war leaders anyway at the end.

And finally the Frost brothers themselves wanted to instigate revenge against the world for discarding them as useless, and killed a lot of innocent people for what was ultimately petty revenge in the end.

DOME's answer was to say "You all are fucking idiots arguing over a fabricated idealization of newtypes, imagining these people as saviours and saints, when they're really just average people with psychic powers. You have just as much power to change the world as they do. Stop worshiping them."
>>
>>15561789
Posts like these make me glad I visit /m/.
Thank you.
>>
>>15561789

Newtypes ARE the future though. They possess something unique to them on a genetic level that they gained through a mutation. That is something that through genetic manipulation we could replicate and use to better the entire species.

What I'm saying is, >>15561651 is right to an extent. We SHOULD advance to creating our own equivalent of the Primarch Project, giving us humans that are immune to poison, disease, and aging. Our species is ripe for genetic improvement.
>>
>>15562362
Reminder that the Emperor planned to have the Astartes wiped out after the the Chaos Gods were dead because he had no more use for them, essentially causing the Horus Heresy to happen.
>>
>>15561143
>the Class F Newtypes do have the Newtypes' standard enhanced combat ability

Damn, Garrod must be a fairly decent pilot to even stand a chance against these guys.
>>
>>15561789
This is a nice post, I like you.
>>
>>15562404
something that bothers me is when he gets into tough fights, people say he got worfed or portrayed inconsistently.

they never acknowledge that the guy he's facing might actually be good (or at least the MS is).
>>
>>15562421
Garrod's just a normal guy going up against a lot of experienced pilots.

It sounds like people are expecting him to be like Amuro or something.
>>
>>15561647
The underlying principle of Newtypes within UC was never abused, it was consistent throughout all the shows.
What people *wanted* to do with Newtypes is another thing - instead of seeing Newtypes as a way to advance humanity, people just saw it as a way to better kill their enemies.
>>
>>15562459

This. Even Cyber Newtypes could be used for peaceful purposes, if they could ever figure out how to fix the insanity problem.
>>
File: Robot Jax Thumbs Up.gif (743KB, 450x249px) Image search: [Google]
Robot Jax Thumbs Up.gif
743KB, 450x249px
>>15561789
Good post anon
It's time to rewatch X
>>
>>15561143
>It's specifically the lack of compatibility with the Flash system which categorizes them as Class F.
welp, that makes the Frost Hatred SLIGHTLY more sensed. Also, GODDAMN GARROAD, the GX isn't even much of a machine, it's mostly a Satellite Cannon deployment system with some degree of self-defence abilities(its only real OP quality is the armour able to withstand physical bullets), how fucking skilled IS him?

>>15562648
I suspect not sending them in stress-generating battles where they feel death all around might help.
Mashymre was relatively stable, except his harmless Haman fixation, in the begin where he was in a (relatively)peaceful environment
>>
>>15561789
non-mech anime exploring "psychics are gods"
Shinsekai Yori
>>
>>15562735
>Mashymre was relatively stable, except his harmless Haman fixation, in the begin where he was in a (relatively)peaceful environment

Wasn't it implied that they brainwashed him or inserted memories to increase his loyalty to Haman, to the point of derangement?
>>
>>15562735
It's not just that, the Flash System was used to activate the Satellite Cannon, and control G-Bits (which is devastating when those G-Bits are the Gundam X variant).

>>15562774
His loyalty to Haman was always pretty high, the conditioning done to him later in the show just made him more serious and focused on top of the newtype abilities.
>>
>>15562766
SSY also doesn't understand how bonobos work.
>>
>>15562735
>I suspect not sending them in stress-generating battles where they feel death all around might help.

I don't even think it's that, I think it's just that the process isn't perfect and the scientists don't care if it creates psychologically unstable hosts as long as their awakened abilties are powerful.

Though it doesn't help that it seems everyone they chose for the program was a little fucked up to begin with.
>>
>>15562437
this!

or they got used to wing's gundams steamrolling practically everything that it makes X's realistic approach (the freeden team can't solo entire armies) look they have inferior gundams?
>>
>>15562421
I think it's only an issue in the final few episodes, when he keeps being grabbed by the Frosts' stock footage grab. It's especially annoying because he broke out of it twice by then, but almost gets killed twice (although the DX has taken direct beam saber hits before, so he might have survived) in the last two episodes.
>>
>>15563191
well, they HAVE inferior Gundams.

Remember: they are using MASS PRODUCTION MODELS, all of them designed to work together with a squad of G-Bits.

They simply aren't supposed to be used as solo units, unlike the customised Virsago and Ashtaron.

They are basically using the GP-03 without the Dendrobium module: it works perfectly fine, but it's just not designed for that, and results in underwhelming efficiency-
>>
>>15563217
it's hard to say definitively because of AU settings differences (output/materials and stuff).

but being not one sided fights (most of the time) is what sold me on X actually.
>>
>>15563263
same here.

It is to note how the GX Gundams not only are in-story MP units, but also LOOK like MP versions of the GWing Gundams.
Or, and this was one of the things I liked about them, they look the Realistic(as in Real Robot) versions
>>
>>15563272
leopard is just a bigger-tougher scopedog right?
>>
>>15563309
pretty much a Gundam-shaped weapon-cache.

They should have shown them running out of ammo more often, though.
>>
>>15562735
>how fucking skilled IS him?
Not particularly.

Garrod's greatest strength as a pilot throughout the entire show is consistently his ability to adapt. He figures out piloting the GX, underwater combat, and space combat extremely quickly but Jamil is demonstrably a better pilot in every possible way. Witz and Roybea are arguably better too, or at least around the same level.

Early on, Garrod squeaked through his fights by relying on the Satellite System in creative ways. When it got trashed he explicitly had to sit down and do pilot sims to get a handle on the X Divider (contrast Jamil, who pilots it perfectly on his first try), and then proceeds to be lucky enough to not get into any particularly massive fights with it until he swaps to the DX.

With the DX, a lot of his fights come down to either Tiffa bailing his ass out or using the TSC to some strategic effect. He doesn't really win that many battles by himself, and honestly it would have been pretty weird if he did considering how... unimpressive the DX really is. His best showing is when he gets angry at the Frost Brother near the end of the show, but they regain control of the situation quickly and have him dead to rights before Jamil and Lancerow bail him out.

What's impressive about Garrod isn't his piloting skills: it's his guts. Hell, he's usually more impressive outside of his gundams.
>>
>>15563927
The DX's TSC's unique strength seems to be not just having two big, high-powered fuckoff cannons, but two big, high-powered, rapid-firing fuckoff cannons with a stupidly long range. Could the SRA fleet even see the DX when Garrod destroyed their colony laser?

The only MS-used gun I can think of that has a comparable range is the Dynames' orbital cannon, and even that had to be mounted externally instead of being part of the MS itself.
>>
The most technically impressive Gundam in the entirety of X is probably the Divider. Which is funny because it was explicitly a rushed, on-site rehaul.

>Can function well on all terrains (can fly, can skate around the ground, can go underwater, can jet through space).
>Has the mobility of a MA when the Divider is on the back.
>Has a conveniently sized rapid fire beam weapon.
>Has a high power, wide range beam weapon.
>Has two actual beam sabers.
>Has optional ballistics equipment, so it's theoretically not completely helpless against I-Fields. Too bad Jamil forgot to put some on that one episode.
>Lacks an extremely complicated gimmick with tons of moving parts, so it's probably the easiest to repair.
>Should theoretically be able to combine with the G-Falcon.

It blows the Airmaster and the Leopard right the fuck out, and the only thing the DX has on it is the sheer power of the TSC.
>>
>>15563951
The TSC is absolutely the DX's biggest asset, yeah. It's just that beyond that, there is nothing at all impressive about it. It's just your standard high performance MS.

I feel like half the joke behind the DX is that it's basically the stereotypical enemy superweapon that usually gets carted out in the final arc to show how the far the stakes have been raised. Only in X, the heroes steal it midway through and have to decide what they're actually going to do with it.

The fact that nobody ever thinks to go "hey we have the world's most advanced WMD right here, couldn't we use it to wipe NUNE off the face of the Earth?" actually speaks a lot about the inherent morality of the Freeden's crew.
>>
>>15563957
I like a lot of the MSV designs from the Hyper Guide that Kid went through before settling on Airmaster Burst and Leopard Destroy. I might as well post em, since there's not that many of them.

>>15563964
I liked the part where Garrod, enraged at the death of a new ally, contemplates using the TSC to wipe out the NUNE forces approaching, then changes his mind and destroys the now-uninhabited island next to them, which successfully scares them off.
>>
File: Aquamaster.jpg (43KB, 394x325px) Image search: [Google]
Aquamaster.jpg
43KB, 394x325px
>>15564087
First up is the Aquamaster, a potential underwater variant designed for prolonged underwater operations.
>>
File: Gunmaster.jpg (27KB, 394x273px) Image search: [Google]
Gunmaster.jpg
27KB, 394x273px
>>15564090
The Gunmaster, a variant with a Mega Beam Cannon and some smaller mounted beam cannons, but heavy reductions in maneuverability.
>>
File: Swordmaster.jpg (34KB, 282x400px) Image search: [Google]
Swordmaster.jpg
34KB, 282x400px
>>15564093
The Swordmaster, a melee variant equipped with two mounted electromagnetic swords. It only has vulcans in MS mode otherwise though, and a mounted beam cannon in MA mode.
>>
File: Leo_Diver.png (158KB, 296x404px) Image search: [Google]
Leo_Diver.png
158KB, 296x404px
>>15564100
The Leopard Diver, another aquatic variant.
>>
File: Leo_Tank.png (116KB, 347x404px) Image search: [Google]
Leo_Tank.png
116KB, 347x404px
>>15564107
The Leopard Tank, featuring:
-Plasma Cannon
-Homing Missile
-Shoulder Missile
-Light Laser Cannon
-4-tube Missile Launcher
-U-55 Small Type Homing Missiles
-4-tube Homing Missile Launcher
-Beam Gatling Gun
-Breast Missile
-Tetra Beam Gatling
-4-tube Grenade Launcher
>>
>>15563927
Now that you mention it, Garrod literally made it through the show entirely on guts and friendship.
>>
File: Leoiron.jpg (31KB, 286x400px) Image search: [Google]
Leoiron.jpg
31KB, 286x400px
>>15564111
The Leopard Iron, a melee variant with heavy armor and a heavy hammer capable of destroying MS with one hit, but only has grenades for ranged.
>>
File: Vashtaron.jpg (201KB, 540x775px) Image search: [Google]
Vashtaron.jpg
201KB, 540x775px
>>15564125
The Vashtaron, some combination of Virsago and Ashtaron.
>>
>>15564125
>Ground Gundam shields for knee guards
>>
File: Virsago_Assassin.jpg (64KB, 420x570px) Image search: [Google]
Virsago_Assassin.jpg
64KB, 420x570px
>>15564129
And finally, the Virsago Assassin. Its extendable arms are now psycommu-controlled through the Flash System, so they can act like bits/INCOMs.
>>
>>15563957
how many times was the beam harmonica used?

that's freaking beam-spam level weaponry but i don't recall the show ever abusing it.

anyone else like that the X and DX can't abuse their big guns so Garroad (and Jamil) has to work for their kills?
>>
>>15564129
>That design

Oh god, that's just the Devil Gundam.

Can you imagine the Devil Gundam in the hands of the Frosts?
>>
>>15564411
maybe even the agrissa-enact combo from 00? though in this case, the A-E was inspired by this.
>>
File: 1164848602718.jpg (230KB, 789x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1164848602718.jpg
230KB, 789x1200px
>>15560150
>>15560153
>>
File: 12234245356363634.jpg (543KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
12234245356363634.jpg
543KB, 1200x849px
>>15564141
>>15564129

>those feet
>that coloration
>that backpack

I love it.
>>
>>15563927
>>
>Garrod's greatest strength as a pilot throughout the entire show is consistently his ability to adapt.
that's kind of what a "skilled pilot" is...
>>
>>15564657
maybe some pilots just really on their powerful machines to do all the heavy lifting/makes them look skilled by default?
>>
>>15564111
>The Leopard Tank, featuring:
a Gundam Head on a weapon cache
>>
>>15564674
like the Wing pilots and the 00 pilots?
>>
>>15564790
yes,
>>
>>15564790
>and the 00 pilots

I mean, that was kind of a plot point near the end of Season 1 - that they were using overpowered machines and purposely weren't trained to be great pilots, and they only barely were getting better near the end.
>>
File: 1471294839573.jpg (25KB, 280x359px) Image search: [Google]
1471294839573.jpg
25KB, 280x359px
>>15561789
>they're not something to be exploited as a weapon or the "next stage of humanity" that only spacenoids would become (and used as justification for mass murder), they're nothing more than regular people with psychic powers.
>>
>>15557123
Well they certainly can't be a corrupting influence if they're dead.
>>
>>15562976
how do bonobos work?
>>
>watch gundam x since /m/ can't stop fellating it
>eh bretty gud protag getting shit done capturing mobile suits and sneaking around
>highly competent but still shown to be an amateur pilot
and then the whole terrible romance with Tifa

Good god I don't think I've seen anything worse except Shinn/Stella
>>
>>15566287
I kind of like it but then I don't. Like later on the lengths Garrod is willing to go to save Tiffa is admirable, but the problem with the romance is just that it's too one-sided because of how utterly passive Tiffa is. She obviously does care about Garrod as can be seen, but past a certain point she almost never takes the initiative as Garrod is the only force driving the relationship forwards. Maybe it's because of her psychic Newtype powers which lets her see the future and lets her know she doesn't (or does) have to worry about whether Garrod is coming to save her ass. It almost gives the impression that she doesn't really care.
>>
>>15567202

It's a problem for quite a bit of the series, but it turns around during the last MOTW episode, which has that dream sequence where you can see into her mind at the start of the episode and she bails Garrod out, showing she really does care.

Tying a "shy and frail maiden learns to stand up for herself" subplot to a love story wasn't the best idea, but whatever.
>>
>>15567202
Tiffa was raised in a lab. She's already shit at human relationships as is (hence the initial subplot with the navigator girl getting pissed off at her because of how much Jamil prizes Tiffa), and someone showing actual romantic interest in her just makes it worse because she has no idea what the fuck to do.

It doesn't help that she's kinda passive as is thanks to the whole "afraid of her own power" thing going on with her character.
>>
>>15564657
Garrod is able to quickly reach a decent level of competency no matter where he's fighting, but he's never shown to particularly excel. Which is a problem when most of his enemies are either psychic or super ace pilots.

Lancerow kicking his face in aptly demonstrates this. Lancerow is certainly impressed at how quickly Garrod adjusts to space combat, but Lancerow can still effortlessly waltz all over him.
>>
>>15565507

The idea of using bonobos as a way of making the people inherently calmer and less aggressive is flawed. Yes bonobos resolve disputes through sex and are generally calm among each other, this is true. But we've seen through study that they are extremely aggressive and warlike to groups not seen as part of their own. Bonobos hunt in war parties, both male and female, and make intelligent surgical strikes against neighboring colonies of monkey and chimpanzees (and chimps are generally known as one of the most aggressive apes). They kill mercilessly and even take prisoners of war. So it doesn't seem right that putting bonobo mental conditioning in us would fix our aggressive tendencies, and you can't blame it on the time the novel was published, because we already knew this about bonobos at that point.

Forget bonobos, what makes the writer believe wolves have a way to avoid killing their own kind? Wolves are opportunistic eaters, that don't shy away from cannibalism. Sure they are nice to their pack, but their pack is essentially family. It feels like the writer didn't do their research, and used whatever justification. They could at least say that they engineered some kind of super-mirror neuron that connect to their parallel nervous system, causing organ failure and not base this on animals at all.
>>
>>15567958

In fairness, Lancerow is the Char of AW, and the Amuro is not Garrod, it's Jamil.
>>
I can't help but get the feeling that if Jamil didn't have the phobia and could sitll pilot, there will be infinitely less conflict because every time he got serious he wiped the floor with his opponent.
>>
>>15567982
Well yeah. That's why I said Garrod was usually up against ace pilots.

If Garrod is anything, he's... Kai? I guess?
>>
File: 20131009.png (350KB, 684x2357px) Image search: [Google]
20131009.png
350KB, 684x2357px
>>15567974
relevant

>>15567986
I think Koh might be a better example
>>
>>15567974
Bonobo lifestyle is what a liberal future would look like
>>
>>15568000
>>15568081
You're both ignoring my point. I'm saying that bonobos are as tribalistic as we are, if not moreso. It would solve nothing, but we would get laid more.
>>
>>15569644
after war gundam x
>>
>>15567982
I like how Lancerow and Jamil had the same vision and came to the same conclusion at the end, agreeing to work together to do what they can to rebuild the Earth and improve relations.
>>
>>15567982

Jamil is definitely an aged Amuro expy. Compare the outfit he's wearing to Amuro's uniform in the original series and his uniform in CCA.

It's kind of amazing how he manages to have elements of Amuro, Quattro, and Bright but still feels like a natural character and not just a copy-paste donut steel OC abomination.
>>
>>15565109
Yeah before S2 the only decent pilot the had a was Lockon.

Al/Tieria/Setsuna were nothing special and Hal was a rabid animal and as such wasn't much use as part of a team.
>>
>>15562362
Wrong Newtypes are just the result of a singular mutation not an adaptive process over time like evolution.

Hell in UC they all but dissappear by the 150's with only one or two left. If they were the future they'd be alot more common and they sure as shit wouldn't fade away after a few decades either.

To be fair Gundams done worse like in 00 you have Setsuna being blasted with pixie dust and CB/Team Skittle Force 9000 calling it evolution even though it's clearly just a singular mutation.
>>
>>15571259
didn't one of the hasegawa mangas explain most of the newtypes under judau went on a generation ship and got BTFO out of the earth-jupiter sphere?
>>
>>15571259
>Wrong Newtypes are just the result of a singular mutation
A mutation that they can replicate using technology thanks to SCIENCE.

If UC had DOME, they would have used his carved up body not to make a moon base to power a gun, but to mass-produce newtypes using his dna. You're completely ignoring my point that all we have to do is carve up some newtypes and the UC could have the Coordinator program on steroids.
>>
>>15571643
That raises a lot of ethical questions.
>>
File: UM_Chapter.jpg (254KB, 1143x715px) Image search: [Google]
UM_Chapter.jpg
254KB, 1143x715px
>>15571658

The benefits outweigh a few measly deaths. You DON'T want to be turned 7 ft tall, biologically immortal, and superhuman? All for the cost of some not-psykers?
>>
>>15571623
it was Gigantis' Counterattack, with Ideon. I wouldn't call it exactly canon.
>>
>>15571690
oh I know. just pointing it out.

frankly, considering how much BS a newtype has to deal with, can you blame them for just going into the unknown to get away from all this?
>>
>>15571674
My 40k knowledge is limited, but don't you basically need someone who has those powers already (like the Emperor) in order to replicate it with spess muhreens?
>>
>>15571702
Oh, I do agree the idea of Newtypes getting fed with war and fucking off makes sense.
>>
>>15571707

No not quite. The Emperor after all doesn't have 3 lungs, a solid fused bone for a ribcage, a giant heart, etc. All of that was done with massive genetic tampering and creating the original primarchs in test tubes. The Primarchs are immortal because they are built from the genetic code of the Emperor who is a Perpetual, a race of humans that cannot die (unless you somehow find a way to destroy their soul).
>>
>>15564155

It gets used in basically every fight the X Divider was in. It just couldn't rank up the kills that most beam spam Gundam weapons can because it didn't really have smart targeting. It could just fire a lot of beams at the same spot, which typically didn't help when they could just dodge it. Though it is used in it's first battle to BTFO the Frost Bros and send Shagia straight to the hospital.

It also breaks Garrod into the mobile armor at Fort Severn by firing all it's guns for a split second to create a flying cresent beam blade to cut into the side. And he uses it underwater to create underwater shockwaves to mess with the underwater MS's through the force of the blast alone.
>>
>>15567945

Pretty much yeah. Tiffa's clearly really into Garrod but has no idea what to do because she has no concept of healthy relationships. So she just parrots about how she wants to be with him forever, which is in her mind how to best express her feelings.
>>
>>15574019
ah! thanks for the clarification.

how would the beam harmonica fare if it was used in another setting (except for IBO, obviously)?

on paper, the X-Divider can be the star of it's own show but the X and DX's big gun(s) just makes it's multi-beam weapon seem puny.
>>
>>15574019
Yeah, I love how Garroad has not "I Win" button
>>
>>15574057
this!

his suit's main gimmick is a liability to use in the midst of battle so any battle he participates in, he has to work for it.
>>
>>15571690
No, that's a different story where Amuro teams up with Judau to defeat the Ideon, which is piloted by an unwilling Mineva.

The "Judau collects newtypes and fucks off forever" story is the Victory sidestory where Uso meets him and the ZZ/Gump finally bites it.
>>
>>15574085
Right, I mixed them up.
>>
>>15574051
The beam harmonica isn't much different from the wide range beams a bunch of MS have. It's way more useful as a shield or for mobility purposes than as an actual weapon though.

Also the X Divider has a much better showing than either the X or the DX. This is mostly because Jamil was its main pilot, but still.
>>
>>15574151
Oh I know (better overall performance).
It just had the bad luck of becoming a secondary suit by default.

Did the SRW games ever made the X-DV swappable mid-mission (as opposed to sticking to one before the mission starts)?
>>
>>15574497
>Did the SRW games ever made the X-DV swappable mid-mission (as opposed to sticking to one before the mission starts)?
nope, it wouldn't make sense.
It's a massive overhaul, not just purge-able parts
>>
>>15574085
>>15574087
They were published together in the same volume.
>>
>>15560158
Makes sense, the little brother and the dolphin both can't walk on land so may as well compete in swimming.
>>
>>15577324
I thought Shagohod was the one who got crippled, not Olba.
>>
>>15557156
Destruction and revenge
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.