[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was posting some webms I made as I skimmed through parts of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 16

I was posting some webms I made as I skimmed through parts of Turn-A in the last Turn-A thread, which has died, so I'm just gonna start a new one and post here instead. I'm starting off with a picture of one of my favorite Turn-A suits, the Mahiroo, just because I think starting a thread with a webm isn't as nice, given you can't see the whole thing with opening the link.

Anyway, I was also keeping a running tally of Loran's shot count and hit ratio while watching out of curiosity, since I was pretty sure he had a high hit ratio and didn't shoot much. As a completely non-comprehensive total that doesn't even account for a lot of the early episodes (for the simple reason the Turn-A has no gun so it's unlikely to shoot in them) I counted 35 shots in the episodes I skimmed. Of which 12 hit, giving a hit ratio of just about 33%. I thought it'd be a bit higher, but that's still a respectable ratio, and probably one of the higher hit ratios in the franchise for main characters. I feel like Kira might have a better one simply despite having way more shots since so many of his shots are multi-gun ones that all connect, but fuck if I can be arsed counting that many.

It's still funny to me though that while I absolutely could have missed some shots a main character in a 50 episode action show actually shot his gun so few times and definitely less than once per episode on average.
>>
>>15553207

So, to the webms, which I'll just post in alphabetic order. This one showing what happened to all the colonies.
>>
File: Delicious Cocoa.webm (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Delicious Cocoa.webm
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>15553211

I believe I saw someone a few months back mention loving this moment so hopefully they see the webm I guess.
>>
File: Dianna's got some stones.webm (3MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dianna's got some stones.webm
3MB, 960x720px
>>15553213

Between this and Dianna pointing a early rifle at Corin's Eagel Dianna can be surprisingly hardcore at times.
>>
File: Funnel Missiles.webm (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Funnel Missiles.webm
3MB, 1440x1080px
>>15553216

I'm not sure if these are actually missiles, since Merrybell uses string weapons stored in a similar missile like housing an episode later, but if they're the one time in the franchise to have animated funnel missiles I think. It's also worth noting that Merrybell is the only one to damage the Turn-A aside from Harry and Gym with Loran sacrificing his shield to take out one missile and another string missile thing in the next episode damaging the mustache.
>>
File: Giant Robot Judo.webm (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Giant Robot Judo.webm
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>15553220

Given all the melee mecha fighting Loran does I do wonder if he's the best giant robot melee fighter in the franchise that's not in G Gundam at times.
>>
File: Guin's Motives.webm (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Guin's Motives.webm
3MB, 1440x1080px
>>15553222

More proof Lily a best, since she doesn't even bother holding a grudge.
>>
File: Gym's Age.webm (451KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gym's Age.webm
451KB, 1440x1080px
>>15553225

The wording here is a bit ambiguous, but between this and another webm I made it seems to confirm Gym is at least 2,500 years old. Which really puts Corin's age in perspective, since he's old enough to predate Moonrace records.
>>
File: Gym's hella old.webm (135KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gym's hella old.webm
135KB, 1440x1080px
>>15553228

Here's the other webm about Gym's age. I thought I was posting this one last, hence the note on ambiguous wording. Sweatson's comment is less ambiguous but could be taken as rumor or something really too though, making Gym's age less definite.
>>
File: Harry v Mahiroo Squad.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Harry v Mahiroo Squad.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>15553231

God damn can Harry put out a smack down when he wants too.
>>
>>15553228
>>15553231
The Moonrace seems to have used the cryo-sleep a lot, so he most likely wasn't awake and conscious for each of those 2000 years
>>
File: Mahiroo Missile Menace.webm (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mahiroo Missile Menace.webm
3MB, 1440x1080px
>>15553232

Hmmm...think I might redo the two on Gym's age at some point since one has a few frames of a different piece of speech and the other moves a little at the end, making both kind of unsightly looking.
>>
>>15553233

Oh almost definitely, it's still really old though.
>>
File: Turn-X Close Get.webm (930KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Turn-X Close Get.webm
930KB, 1440x1080px
>>15553237
>>
File: The Dark History.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
The Dark History.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>15553240

This is the last one I made, though if anyone has any requests feel free to ask.
>>
File: turn a.png (1MB, 996x1440px) Image search: [Google]
turn a.png
1MB, 996x1440px
>>15553231
>>15553237
>>15553243
Makes me curious if it's these details are the same in the movies.

I know they changed how long ago UC took place in the movie version, and that's always fascinated me.
>>
File: Dianna talks about Corin's age.webm (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dianna talks about Corin's age.webm
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>15553233

Here's Dianna talking about Corin's age though. Corin's implication he knows what the Turn-A is capable of makes me think he's meant to have been a pilot from the Dark History, if not the Turn-X's original pilot. I know he sees the Wing Zero at one point, so speculation tends towards that, but Dark History war pilot seems more likely to me.
>>
>>15553251
Corin is from Gundam Wing timeline. He already saw Wing Zero in action.

With this clip that you have shown, it could be possible that Corin was repeatedly put in cryogenic sleep overtime, otherwise, he's lying about turn A.
>>
>>15553278

As opposed to him envisaging Wing because he saw a picture or video of it before? Or it just being fan service?
>>
>>15553251
>>15553278
>>15553283

The Gundam Wing flash and cry of "GUNDAM!" does come when he sees the Turn-X using the Moonlight Butterfly, IIRC.

Still, it seems utterly random for him to remember the Wing there unless it had some personal connection to him. Seeing a picture or video shouldn't make it supplant the Turn-A if he actually only saw the later in action. It's possible he saw both though. Originally from AC era, then frozen for years, unfrozen for the Turn-A backstory then unfrozen again in the present.
>>
>>15553314

It's also possible he saw a recreation of the Wing at some point, keeping in mind this us a setting with recreated Zaku IIs, recreated Capules, recreated Zssas and so on. Him having piloted against a recreated Wing isn't outside the bounds of possibility, though I still feel it's probably just a nod for fans personally.
>>
>>15553323
I mean, it is a nod for fans, but Turn-A generally wasn't throwing around random cameos that make no internal sense.
>>
>>15553366

A good chunk of the visuals in the Dark History are random cameos that make no internal sense, given that the Dark History is just a huge war (or series of wars) that lasted hundreds of years but taking them at face value would imply that the entire Earth was reset a half dozen times with centuries of peace between them with comparatively short wars to punctuate that peace.
>>
>>15553314
Didn't the show imply at some point that witnessing the destruction the Turn A caused was what made him go crazy?
>>
>>15553511

Kind of. He spends the first half of the show occasionally ranting about the 'Gundam' and the 'White Devil', culminating in him attacking a paper mache parade float of the Turn-A's upper body. Defeating it is what cures him, after which he becomes calmer and saner. That said, he starts acting somewhat that way before the paper mache fight because he lost to the Turn-A; its just seeing it once more set him off in a big way whereas seeing it again afterwards made no real impression beyond determination that the Moonlight Butterfly must be stopped. He also seems more organised in his thoughts and coherent once he's defeated the specter of the Turn-A too.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.