[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should i watch RE:0096 or just go with the OVAs? is the additional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: latest[2].jpg (114KB, 380x500px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
114KB, 380x500px
should i watch RE:0096 or just go with the OVAs? is the additional stuff worth it or is it literally just time filler to parse the OVAs to tv length episodes?
>>
File: mpc-hc 2013-03-06 14-58-40-989.jpg (279KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc 2013-03-06 14-58-40-989.jpg
279KB, 1600x900px
Go with the OVAs.
>>
>>15552377
ok
is there any merit to the TV version? just the ability to watch it in a tv format?
>>
>>15552484
that and normiesfriendly since you can just watch it on youtube
>>
>>15552492
well i mean i was gonna watch it on Kissanime so its not like its much of an improvement
did Gundaminfo also stream it when the OVAs were being released too?
>>
>>15552369
There isn't a whole lot of "additional stuff." Mostly just re-drawn scenes. Not really enough to bother watching the show if you've already watched the OVA.

The TV version the definitive edition of 0096. The only real downside is that you have to deal with more intro and credit scenes than the OVA, but even that shouldn't matter if you're binge-watching anyway. I'd recommend the TV version just because they cleaned up the animation in some spots, but you can't really go wrong with either.
>>
>>15552369
Watching the OVAs is optimal unless you're going to be taking breaks between each one. One thing that bugged me while marathoning it on Crunchyroll is that the recaps were getting on my nerves, but while I was watching it with friends on Toonami one of them said he liked the recaps because they helped clarify things and keep them on track because it had been a week since the last episode.
>>
>>15552664
>>15552692
i was gonna binge watch on Kissanime before moving on to f91 and then Crossbone
im watching in timeline order, can ya tell?
>>
>>15552709
REEEEEEEEE PRODUCTION ORDER ONLY

UNICORN WON'T MAKE SENSE IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN F91
>>
>>15553061
i thought Unicorn only really hooked into Char's Counterattack
>>
>>15552692
Recaps in RE:0096 were shit. I remember that in one of them, they reveal that Audrey is Mineva[/spolier] before it even happens.
>>
>>15554003
I was just mocking the typical reaction to somebody saying they're going in timeline order, you're fine.

There are people here on /m/ who insist that you can't possibly watch 0083 or Igloo before Zeta, for instance.
>>
>>15552639
>well i mean i was gonna watch it on Kissanime so its not like its much of an improvement
Why? I'm not even being mean but why on kissanime. Downloading is objectively superior but Kissanime is terrible.
Just watch it here or on any other decent streaming site
http://animestreamonline.com/search/?keyword=gundam%20uni
>>
>>15554044
streaming saves on time and disk space, and the various Kiss sites have worked consistently for me and im a creature of habit
>>
>>15554038
see i did and i though watching Stardust Memory made the long fall of Zeon and the rise of titans more poignant, where as in zeta they were only background elements.
>>
>>15554163
I found it overwhelmingly stupid and unnecessary. The One Year War alone was enough impetus for the formation and power of the Titans. Zeta didn't really need a prequel.

I love 0083's OP, though.
>>
>>15554429
0083 ED>>>>>>>
>>
>>15554429
That's because 0083 is supposed to be a prequel not something you watch before hand. It's a side story telling you how the the EFSF got in such a mess. It doesn't work as it's own story because it's ending is supposed to set up Zeta but doesn't complete that arc.
>>
>>15554527
>0083 is supposed to be a prequel
Yes, that's why I called it an unnecessary prequel. I didn't watch 0083 until awhile after I'd watched Zeta, and I thought the plot was a little pointless and not at all enriching in the way >>15554163 did.
>>
File: q.jpg (1MB, 1400x1225px) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
1MB, 1400x1225px
I really only watched Unicorn for Full Frontal and best Puru
pic related
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.