[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Little did Char know that the founding charter of the Federation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

Little did Char know that the founding charter of the Federation demanded exactly that
>>
Yeah, I fucking hate Unicorns story.
>>
>>15543090

Little did OP know he shouldn't rely on memes to accurately describe a show.

> In the future, should the emergence of a new space-adapted human race be confirmed, the Earth Federation shall give priority to involving them in the administration of the government.

All it says is that they should be included in the government's administration, not that they should rule it. And that could be something as simple as secretary to a mayor.
>>
>godderned spacenoids stealin' our presidencies
>>
>>15543129
Doesn't matter. Zeon would've had a field day with this, and both Haman and Char would've used it as an excuse to both legitimize the conquest of Earth and subjugate the Federation. They're not too particular on original authorial intent when they lost the OYW and they're still incredibly spiteful and bitter over it.
>>
>>15543143

Yes, which is why Mineva said the Federation was right to hide it for the sake of peace at the time but it had to be revealed eventually and then asked people not to use it as an excuse for war because it never actually solved anything when people did.
>>
>>15543123
>>15543123
Zeta was way worse though, it brought in the whole trend of MUH NEO-AXIS-NEON-ZEON
>>
>>15543129
Ok so how is that worth a century long cover-up?
Answer: it's not
Unicorn is stupid
>>
>>15543129
>>15543164
>>15543123
i assume this was hidden causeit jivved a little too much with Zeon Zum Deikun's whole philosophy.
and since at the time the Sapce Nazis kind of co opted that as a master race statement its not hard to see why it was put on the super secret back burner
>>
>>15543164

It wasn't, but then the show never tries to pretend it was. The charter had power originally because it could be used as proof the heads of the EF had taken power by murdering their predecessors, a scandal that would delegitimize them and probably end their power; so they paid Syam Vist hush money.

It became powerful for a different reason in UC0060 or so when Zeon started attracting followers and the EF wanted it locked away for decades more because people would use it as justification of their movements. Then Syam Vist realized he was on death's door and got rich man's guilt, so he wanted to get the truth out but do it in a way that would minimise the chances of it starting another war.
>>
File: q.png (184KB, 629x354px) Image search: [Google]
q.png
184KB, 629x354px
Why am I so attracted to Emma Sheen?
>>
>>15543129
Really, if grown men watching a fictional children's toy commercial are unable to comprehend the obvious, it just proves the plot point about hiding it from in universe zealots.
>>
>>15543219
Nope. It was hidden before Zeon was even born.
>>
>>15543597
cause you want to fuck your mother
>>
>>15543597
>>15543090
Emma needs a make over, at least a modern haircut that doesn't make her head look like a dick.
>>
>>15543928
>Makeover
>Modern haircut
No fucking thanks you piece of shit
Last thing I wanna see is her get the kyoani treatment
>>
>>15543219
>its not hard to see why it was put on the super secret back burner
It is when IRL countries ignore parts of their Constitutions all the time
Especially when something like that would never be written in a fucking Constitution/charter/what ever the fuck it was
Honestly if you just took out the Laplace shit, the Marida backstory and the "time travel" I wouldn't have a problem with Unicorn.
As it is, I'm now convinced only Tomino should be Allowed to do "main entries" in the UC setting
>>
>>15543958
And also it was in place long before Gihren was born, and Zeonism had no supremacist aspects until he got involved
Seemed to me that Zeon himself would've been happy for everyone to be Newtypes
>>
File: Emma.jpg (72KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
Emma.jpg
72KB, 500x362px
>>15543951
Those beautiful green eyes are ruined by the fact her hair looks like a dickhead.
>>
How different would things be if Kamile actually stuck his dick in Emma rather than Faa?
>>
>>15543958

Once again, the Federation didn't pay Syam Vist hush money because there was an article in the original constitution their one didn't have, they paid him because it could be used as proof (along with actual video) that they had organised the bombing of the UC opening ceremony to facilitate a takeover of the Federation. Something they couldn't just sweep aside if it became public knowledge.

Also, Unicorn isn't a main (or "main") entry, and Tomino was the one who started most of the trends people complain about in UC. He was the one who made newtype powers literal magic that could do things like allow the dead to power up mobile suits, he was the one kept bringing back Neo-Neo-Zeon, he was the one who gave various Zeon characters sad backstories (even if he didn't capitalize on them nearly as much as others).

>>15543965

Zeon was the one who coined the term newtype as an example of why space was a better place for people and why Earth should be left alone (i.e. Contolism, which was his main bag). He'd have loved if everyone was a newtype, if only because it'd prove him right about Contolism. Incidentally, Zeon came up with the idea of newtypes with no proof or research of their existence. So complaining that Unicorn had it is kind of ignoring that so did 0079, because Zeon Zum Deikun died several years before any kind of newtype was actually discovered and wasn't forseeing them based on anything but his hopes for why space was where mankind should now live.
>>
>>15543090
>Little did Char know that the founding charter of the Federation demanded exactly that
Little did storywriters know that there is no ruling class without the means of production
>>
If the final battle was handled differently with less over the top newtype hax, and the final directive in the original constitution were reworded in a way that still legitimised Zeon/Newtypes without being totally retarded I would be alright with the story of Unicorn.

A government genuinely including a completely speculative "If space mutants happen to for some reason show up in the future" law in its constitution is one of the most retarded things in fiction.
>>
File: 14569809361326.jpg (1MB, 2100x2000px) Image search: [Google]
14569809361326.jpg
1MB, 2100x2000px
>>15543597
>>15543928
>>15543991

Which would be ideal for a replacement hairstyle?
>>
>>15544301
>The Viper
More like A Meijin
>>
>>15544301

Obviously the "Girl on the Team"
>>
>>15544301
Girl on the team, or action girl seem to work well as replacements.
>>
>>15544301
Action Girl, "Girl on the Team", or Villain's Secretary all would fit.
>>
File: smug Izumi.jpg (26KB, 263x283px) Image search: [Google]
smug Izumi.jpg
26KB, 263x283px
>>15544301
There's a VERY important hairstyle missing here, pic related
>>
>>15544024
>one who started most of the trends people complain about in UC
Yeah but I'm not one of the trolls that complain about them
>He was the one who made newtype powers literal magic that could do things like allow the dead to power up mobile suits, he was the one kept bringing back Neo-Neo-Zeon
All shit that Star Wars does but no one ever complains about that because all that shit you brought up just shows how autistic weebs are
Watch Star Wars
>>
>>15544281
>A government genuinely including a completely speculative "If space mutants happen to for some reason show up in the future" law in its constitution is one of the most retarded things in fiction.
THIS!! anyone that says otherwise is off their rocker, it's literally Ron L Hubbard level retardation
>>
>>15544301
This is exactly what I was referring to when I made this post >>15543951
fuuuuuck offffff all those hairstyles are SoL fodder garbage
>>
>>15543129
that seems like a weirdly specific thing to put in your constitution
>>
>>15548434
>>15546253
Yeah, the way its worded is pretty fucking stupid when trying to think of it realistically. So is it being the ONLY thing under the 'future' section like they couldn't think of anything else other than magical space people that might pop up in the future to address.
>>
>>15548700
Who the fuck even wrote Unicorn because I think he slept through all the political courses in Uni
Like he probably just heard the word co-produced sphere once and thought it sounded complicated
>>
>>15549706
*Co-prosperity goddammit I need sleep
>>
>>15543928
>that doesn't make her head look like a dick.

Then it wouldn't be attractive to /m/.
>>
>>15543090
Didn't Gundam X confirm Newtypes to have been a myth all along?
>>
>>15550000
Kind of. According to X, at some point, society lacked values and beliefs, and so created a concept "Newtype" which was imbued with those things they were aspiring to and looking for. Then they applied that term to people with special powers who appeared later, and those were the "Newtypes". But according to X that was a big mistake since it was giving those people an unnecessary role and expectation, which just brought conflict in the end.
>>
>>15548700

> So is it being the ONLY thing under the 'future' section

It isn't the only thing under the "future" section.

> In preparation for an extraterrestrial biological emergency, the Earth Federation shall increase and expand research and preparedness.

Given that they put in a provision for aliens it just sounds like the original Federation leaders just wanted to future proof their organization for even the wilder outside chances, and they probably view mutation with the same kind of wide-eyed hope many view aliums.

>>15549706

Harutoshi Fukui, but he's stated publicly in interview that he was told the story would be animated before he was even hired and noted in interviews after the OVA finished that he didn't have as much control as people think, so it's likely the story was dictated by committee as the broad strokes of most of the animations tend to be. Which isn't surprising given the cost involved. I am curious why you think the writer has no idea about politics beyond hearing a historical name once though, given that the story isn't any lighter than most Gundam ones on politics and probably includes more than most.

>>15550000

X more said that they weren't the evolutionary revolution people made them out to be and weren't the be-all solution to all problems or worth the cost of blood the two factions in X put on them. It's view on newtypes has no real bearing on that in UC though, though I do think Tomino has taken something akin to that view over the years even if Sunrise haven't.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.