[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.sevenseasentertainment.c om/2017/05/19/seven-seas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: devilman_8827.jpg (30KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
devilman_8827.jpg
30KB, 300x375px
http://www.sevenseasentertainment.com/2017/05/19/seven-seas-raises-hell-with-release-of-devilman-the-classic-collection-and-devilman-vs-hades-manga-series/
>>
>>15541335
Fuck yeah.
>>
I remember the conversation I had with an anon here saying how it's obvious France had Devilman licensed because apparently Go Nagai is popular there. (Which is totally false)

And now he's proven wrong because not even France got hardcover omnibus for Devilman.

>Seven Seas will publish the Devilman: The Classic Collection manga series for the first time in North America in print as two large trim hardcover omnibus editions
>>
>Hardcover
I never thought it would happen
>>
>>15541335
Auto buy
>>
>hardcover

Fuck off with this shit, it only makes importing more expensive because of the added weight.
>>
Cant wait for Yuasa Masaki's adaption. If they really do adapt the whole manga this will be some crazy shit.
>>
>>15541352
France don't usually do hardcover this is more an american thing I guess, I only seen a few hard covered manga being edited in France, you will find quite à few of them, but it will be nothing compared to all the other stuff that are made, and most of the early hard covered stuff we did get was poor attempt to make french buyers of the time thinks this was some Bande-Dessinées and not manga, now those edition are replaced with so called "faithfull editions" who are mostly flexible (there is still some fancy edition with hard cover, but appart from Isan Manga, and Taniguchi there it's uncommon).

And yes Go Nagai is not that popular in France, but his manga are selling well and Black Box keep editing new stuff, we just get Mazinger Giga and Harenchi gakuen, and soom there will be a release of Kekko Kamen, wheather thoses series are good or bad is not the point.
Plus Grendizer is super popular in France, so in a way yes, Go Nagai is a bit known (but to be honest, black box is a niche editeur, so good sells for them don't mean that much of the public opinion)

I think the Cutie Honey hardcover we get did sell less than the other flexible editions of his work.
>>
>>15541335
Seven Seas have really been on fire lately, they might even get Mazinger Angels at this rate!

But seriously, I didn't expect them to get the original Devilman so soon after Grimoire.

>>15541601
Crazy is right, I wonder if he can even reign in Okouchi.
>>
>>15541352
Italy just got a Devilman Omnibus in ONE VOLUME(it's gigantic).
With two alternative covers, too.

Pic related, size comparison to the previous edition, which is japanese tonkabon sized
>>
>>15541781
I suck dick, it's actually being compared to the 400 pages Violence Jack edition.

Have the (much better) alternate Normal Bookshops-only cover as excuse gift.
>>
>>15541781
>>15541789
It's a shitty cover. The Black Box one has the same cover too.

The Japanese covers remain the best.
>>
File: DSC_6991-853x1280.jpg (325KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_6991-853x1280.jpg
325KB, 853x1280px
>original devilman
>March 6, 2018
I literally can't wait. It's actually happening. Woo-hoo. Hope it won't be too much to import.

>Devilman VS. Hades
Really, who cares about that?

>>15541513
Is it that much more?
>>
File: 1475636486321.jpg (223KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1475636486321.jpg
223KB, 1024x1024px
No fucking way, that's great.
>>
>>15541770
Ichiro Okouchi?

No one reigns him in, they either ride the storm or die.
>>
>>15541813
>>>Devilman VS. Hades
>Really, who cares about that?
it was likely a bundled license.

Like, buy Devilman license and you get Devilman vs Hades for free!

It's a nice manga, a pity we'll never see what Great Mazinger with a Fleedian Light-Quantum Engine, even this Duke Fleed is scared! can do against actual gods and demons.
>>
>>15541749
>his manga are selling well
Source?
>>
>>15541749
>tfw Go-sensei is a fellow buttman
>>
In before they just rerelease the old colored Devilman.
>>
>>15542010
I don't care any Devilman release in the west is good for me at this point.
>>
>>15542018
...Italy is in the west
>>
>>15542041
The only west to me is where the wild west took place.
>>
>>15542050
so, Sardegna?
>>
>>15542056
Look man just let me damage control over my oversight in peace.
>>
>>15541335
Goddamnit. I am torn now. On one hand, Boogiepop Phantom Novels aren't fully translated. On the other... This.
>>
Never thought this would actually happen holy shit
>>
File: LEcole-Impudique-2-1.jpg (371KB, 688x964px) Image search: [Google]
LEcole-Impudique-2-1.jpg
371KB, 688x964px
>>15541880
The fact Block Box continuing editing more of his work while for instance neglecting other othor. They have annonced themselves on various facebook post that the Go nagai collection are selling somewhat well.
Then again Black Box is a niche editeur, good sells for them does not necessarly mean popularity. But most of the Black Box project are financed via kickstarter and all the Nagai project have been successful.
Plus they edited Grendizer which is quite popular so this might have boost there numbers.
>>
I couldn't be more excited for this! I've been longing to get a physical version of Devilman for some time now.
>>
>>15541335
Oh that's pretty neat can't wait to--
>March 2018
How the FUCK does it take almost an entire year to print something that's been translated for decades?
>>
>>15543313
>translated for decades
"No"
>How the FUCK does it take almost an entire year
Welcome to official localizations, where wasting time is a tradition.
>>
>>15541861
Nobody cares about Great
>>
File: 3064502.jpg (8KB, 425x254px) Image search: [Google]
3064502.jpg
8KB, 425x254px
>>15543500
But I do
>>
File: kZ5cnlD.jpg (61KB, 465x656px) Image search: [Google]
kZ5cnlD.jpg
61KB, 465x656px
>>15543623
Shut up Tetsuya, you're a fucking ghost
>>
Yo is the Cutie Honey manga we're getting in December the same one where she goes incognito as a shota and her friend randomly sucks this dude's dick whole he's unconscious and strapped to a Metal Gear Solid torture device?
I dont the remember the name
>>
>>15543863
No.

The one we're getting is not by Go Nagai.
>>
>>15542041
That's a big implication, Tony
>>
>>15543313
>for decades?
Didn't /m/ anons translate it? Getterrobo blogspot seemed like it was us, but I only showed up in 2012 so I don't really know shit
>>
>>15543877
It was translated in 2008 by anons, yes.
>>
>>15543867
..But is it good?
>>
>>15543880
Cool. I bet this place was much more constructive and pleasant back then
They ever gonna finish Violence Jack before it inevitably gets an official translation?
>>
>>15543863
>I dont the remember the name
Cutie Honey Tenjo Densetsu\Legend of an Angel\'21
>>
>>15543882
http://cutey-honey.wikia.com/wiki/Cutie_Honey_a_Go_Go!
>>
>>15543882
No.
>>
>>15543863
>the same one where she goes incognito as a shota and her friend randomly sucks this dude's dick whole he's unconscious and strapped to a Metal Gear Solid torture device
We need a hentai ova for this.
>>
>>15543891
spics are almost done...
>>
>>15546844
My mind was blown when I discovered that Monkey Punch did Hentai OVAs
>>
>>15543867
>The one we're getting is not by Go Nagai.

I don't know why but there's just something about that in relation to his question that made me laugh hard.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.