[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I heard that dunbine has bad subs So I wanted to which /m/ shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: dunbine.jpg (55KB, 225x310px) Image search: [Google]
dunbine.jpg
55KB, 225x310px
I heard that dunbine has bad subs
So I wanted to which /m/ shows also have bad subs/or needs to be resubbed.
>>
Not especially urgent, but Metalder has subs from two groups and not-too-shabby HKs, so it could use some consistency.
>>
Machine Robo
>>
I heard that might gaine has bad subs. There is this one guy on youtube who is resubbing all of the series (around episode 30 something)
>>
Borgman
>>
>>15537342
As charming as Crabstick are I would like proper subs for what's missing in Toei Getter.
>>
Patlabor TV
>>
Dunbine has official subs. No-one has seen them and came back to tell the story.
>>
>>15537643
For like one 1 episode
>>15537667
Hi
>>15537342
L Gaim, Dendoh and Daimos to name a few.
>>
>>15537342
Neo Ranga only has dubtitles, which are pretty liberal, and sometimes straight-up wrong
>>
>>15537853
That's very disappointing, I was looking forward to watching it.
>>
>>15537342
There are some pretty wacky subs for Machine Robo, so I'd really like to see that get a proper translation. Also the Wolf Sword Legend OVA, but I don't know if that's subbed or not.
>>
>>15537727
I thought daimos was bad dub only? Wherecan I find the subs?
>>
>>15537900
Daimos has about 16 episodes subbed, with a portion of those being dubtitles
>>
>>15538029
weren't the first 11 episodes resubbed?
>>
>>15538048
Not really. /m/ Subs' Shidoni branch picked up where other groups left off, then they ended up stalling after a few releases.

>>15537582
Caffin Subs more or less scrub it, but have been absurdly slow at it.
>>
File: yatsura.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
yatsura.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
>>15537342
Gaiking LoDM (TV-Nihon or error filled official subs from Netflix. Wonder if the TubiTV subs are any better)

Granzort (HKs for series and OVAs)

Grendizer (current subs are Italian -> English dubtitles, someones making new dubtitles from the French GOLDRAAAAAAKE dub -> English)

Japanese Transformers G1 (Those yatsu-ra at TV-Nihon made me want to koros myself reading all the Nihongo words and phrases left untranslated)

Ordian (guess subs)

Tobikage (HKs)

the Wataru franchise (HKs except for one OVA)

>>15538068
So absurdly slow no one knew they had disbanded until they announced they were reforming last year.
>>
>>15538115
>Those yatsu-ra at TV-Nihon made me want to koros myself reading all the Nihongo words and phrases left untranslated
Glad to see someone else bothered by that. That being said, I doubt Karyuudo will redo these since apparently they don't go after stuff that's been done by other people (e.g. Shout Factory in this case).
>Gaiking LODM
/m/odest /m/an is still alive, so he'll resume his scrub cleanup for that at some point.
>Wataru franchise
Isn't the only big issue that the word jokes aren't translated well?
>>
>>15538288
>Isn't the only big issue that the word jokes aren't translated well?

Tons of names are also fucked up or translated literally.
>>
File: progress.png (1MB, 1920x1029px) Image search: [Google]
progress.png
1MB, 1920x1029px
God Mazinger TV needs subbing, only having two old shin-getter subs.
RPG Legend Hepoi is completely unsubbed, as far as I know.
Granzort and Wataru have semi-decent HKs, I believe?

>>15538115
>>15538288
Yeah, I'm working on fixing the OCRs for the hulu subs I have literally as I'm typing this. No release date, though.
>>
>>15538294
In that case the shows are cursed. Alpha Numbers once wanted to do the first series as a side project, and they eventually stopped doing anything before completing Iron Leaguer.

Hell, at this stage only /m/odest /m/an would think of scrubbing it at most, but it's a good thing the subs are in .ass format.

>>15538309
I got Sailor Otaku interested in Hepoi, so we'll see how that develops.
>>
>>15537342
Dragonar only has decent subs (Garlock and /m/subs from ep 10 on) for 23 episodes and the last one was released last september.
The rest only has shitty HK subs.
>>
>>15537727
what's so bad about the L-gaim subs?
>>
>>15537342
Might Gaine and Getter are both getting fixed, but have bad subs.

Machine Robo RoC.

Dendoh.

Zoids Genesis's subs are TV-N, so they're low quality on bad RAWs with subtitle effects.

Tobikage.

Dunbine: Tales of Neo Byston Well.

>>15537853
>Dubtitles

Original Zoids too.

Also aren't Combattler and Voltes running on dubtitles right now? I've heard they are, at least.
>>
>>15540108
>Dunbine: Tales of Neo Byston Well.
Someone actually did better subs for that. it's in the Nyaa pastebin.
>>
>>15540117
Huh, interesting.

I'd rewatch it with the better subs if I thought Tales of Neo Byston Well was even remotely worth shit.
>>
>>15539916

I think L-gaim subs were updated by some group. Before that though there were HK subs and these suck.
>>
>>15537894
Came here to post this, been enjoying watching the crabsticks but deciphering what they meant by what's actually said in the show at times gets annoying. Plus some scenes lack emotional punch if i'm laughing my ass off at the translation. SWASTIKA PUNCH!
>>
File: 16699874.jpg (130KB, 922x941px) Image search: [Google]
16699874.jpg
130KB, 922x941px
>>15537342
Triangular Chino
>>
>>15540337
What is it with Keiichi Hasegawa shows and them not having either good subs or any at all? Cosmos' are janky, Dyna has nearly nothing, and then there's poor Astro Boy 2003.
>>
>>15540386
>Keiichi Hasegawa
Close, but Tri-Zenon was written by Katsumi Hasegawa
>>
>>15540422
Right, somehow confused the two names. At least Maze got proper subs.
>>
>>15540108
>Also aren't Combattler and Voltes running on dubtitles right now? I've heard they are, at least.
Yeah, with names changed back to the Japanese ones

>>15540337
>>
>>15537342
Nobody here knows about the quality of subs they all just like to pretend they know Japanese. If all these people talking about "bad subs" all the time put their apparent mastery of Japanese to English translation to work we'd have every single mecha show subbed by now.
>>
File: gaiking hulu.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gaiking hulu.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>15540727
You're right anon, if its translated that must mean its perfect.
>>
File: 1464198359583.jpg (81KB, 718x535px) Image search: [Google]
1464198359583.jpg
81KB, 718x535px
>>15537867
>>15540727
Some small examples from Neo Ranga's first few episodes (I posted this about a year ago):

The line should be "Instead of the prince, you three were chosen", seeing as they do have a prince that's right there next to them (Joel)

There was also a line that completely mistranslated the introduction of the three Tuli, and another that hinted at the existence of Tao very early on in the show, which would've made him seem less of a last-minute addition had it been translated properly.

Keep in mind that these examples are few and far between, and you can understand the show just fine, it shouldn't hinder your enjoyment from it. It's totally worth your time, one of the best hidden gems I've seen.
>>
>>15540701
so are the subs any good then?
>>
>>15543406
For Combattler V and Voltes V? The Filipino dubs had all episodes uncut and they make sense sense for scenes shown but that doesn't say much about how accurate they are. I can't really answer there. Spelling and grammars fine though.
>>
what about Daltanius? I think I heard somewhere that they are dubtitles, but I am not sure DESU
>>
>>15543924
They were, but I think that changed.
https://luurah.wordpress.com/2015/07/25/daltanias1-12/
>>
>>15540158
Nah, Shin-Getter subbed the first half and then /m/subs did the rest, leaving the first half in slightly legible crabsticks. Not that it matters, since it's getting licensed now
>>
>>15540870
Is the dub any good? I mean if it has dubtitles might as well.

>>15543949
Did anybody ever rip the Daisuki subs?
>>
>>15543930
from what I understood they were translated from Spanish to English, but I am not if they got anyone who could check the japanese translations first
>>
>>15543969
>Did anybody ever rip the Daisuki subs?
No, nor the Dunbine subs
>>
>>15544088
I think BudLightSubs ripped Dunbine.

https://nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/911008
>>
>>15544432
Neat, all that'll be left to do is watch and determine if those are new.
>>
>>15544586
They seem to be the same.
>>
>>15544586
Yeah, I downloaded a few eps and compared the scripts to the srt I already have from the ADV release. Exactly the same.

Really makes me wonder what the L-Gaim subs are like, though.
>>
>>15543969
>Is the dub any good? I mean if it has dubtitles might as well.
I personally loved it, the voices had so much personality and vividness to them. Purists will obviously disagree, but I personally think it's one of the better ADV dubs out there.
>>
>>15537342
>needs to be resubbed.
Waste of effort when there are so many shows without any subs.

>>15538068
>Caffin Subs
Guess subs, actually less accurate than crabstick.
>>
>>15545378
Damn it, and /m/ Subs will never get back to that at the rate Sasword tries to avoid subninjas.

>>15544690
If they just took the subs wholesale from Shin-Getter and /m/ Subs, there will be rioting.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.