[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i just finished Zeta and uh... WOW THEY REALLY WENT FOR IT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: latest[2].png (2MB, 1492x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
2MB, 1492x1080px
So i just finished Zeta and uh...

WOW THEY REALLY WENT FOR IT IN THOSE LAST FEW EPS HUH!? I KNEW IT GOT BAD BUT WOW.

i hope i like ZZ better cause while Zeta was good it felt like a lot of plodding and melodrama at time
>>
Well, the melodrama's gonna take a backseat but ZZ starts slow.

Like really slow.

The first episode is a recap and it takes them a number of episodes before they leave Shangri-La. And after that you're gonna have to deal with Mondo and Beecha being stupid for a while too.

Still, ZZ's not as bad as some would lead you to believe, and the ending isn't an absolute massacre like Zeta's.
>>
>>15533501
also hey i kinda thought that Kamille's super ghost powered attack at the end there kinds came out of no where
i mean newtypes could sense and even communicate with the "ghosts" of others who passed on but all of them coming together to give him a power up was weird an out of left field
>>
>>15533537

Fluff somewhere explained how the Zeta Gundam had a "Biosensor" which would allow for that kind of shit. And the reason The O stopped at the end was because Scirocco had installed a Biosensor in his machine too since it didn't have a proper Psycommu, but Kamille was able to exploit that to hijack The O and make it become dead in the water.

There's some similar Psycommu shenanigans at the end of ZZ, but it's not to the same degree.

As for why they did it, all I can say is I read somewhere that sometimes Japanese storytelling is much more concerned with the emotions connected with a sequence than the reason it's happening. The endings of Zeta, ZZ, and especially CCA have that going on.
>>
>>15533554
i mean sure that cool, it just took me off guard is all. especially since MSG was real light on that type of thing.
i mean that something that'd, if it'd shown up in G, would make me go "hey thats a bit much" if only cause there's very little build up to it
>>
>>15533599

There was totally that sort of stuff at the end of MSG though, if you remember how Amuro was psychically guiding everyone out of A Baoa Qu with very specific instructions.

Zeta and subsequent series go for a more direct expression of Newtype powers.
>>
how are the charcters in ZZ, cause some of the ones in Zeta were a bit blasé. like yeah cool Reccoa you have a need for violence and a complex because of your gender but man you made it hard to care, which is bad cause those are some killer hooks.
>>
>>15533612
yeah but like newtype communications were a thing that was established, rather well in fact. but super ghost power ups and straight up chat groups with the dead, not so much
>>
>>15533615

For the most part the new characters introduced in ZZ are pretty sweet. I've seen people say that Zeta had the better overall plot, but ZZ had better main characters. Even one character who starts out nice but goes total slimeball later actually still feels like he's just pretending to be nice early on if you go in with that in mind.

Mondo and Beecha are the two weak links in the protagonist group at first by they eventually shape up to be competent, if still sometimes bungling dudes.

Roux and Elle, in comparison, are really great and up there with Emma as great early UC female characters. Puru's also fun, Mashymare's a great goofy villain you still feel sorry for, and generally the other villains are serviceable though nobody hits Yazan's level of assholishness.

Not even ZZ-era Yazan, hilariously.
>>
>>15533477
>plodding
I don't get it. Most Zeta episodes continue from where the previous one left off, like directly so. Or from something setup in previous episode. Things were always moving and happening unlike "stuck on earth doing fuck all for over half the series MSG" or "whatever random shit of the week we came up with" ZZ.
>>
>>15533537

To be fair, early in the show we got stuff like Scirroco using psychic pressure to make people miss shots, Four moving the Psycho Gundam with her mind from afar, and the Qubeley and The O getting newtype energy auras around them, etc.It seemed like a pretty natural progression to me.
>>
>>15533477
>one of the best written Gundam shows
>one of the most consistent and coherent stories written for a TV anime with a steadily paced tension that climbs to an incredible climax at the end
>one of the better written anime period
>I hope I like ZZ better
What the fuck.

People who think Zeta isn't at least contender for the best written Gundam show are mentally retarded.
>>
the memes and the fury
>>
>>15534029
Now only if it had an interesting/good cast of characters. Not all of them are total shit, but most of them are pretty bland and boring for sure.
>>
>>15534029
the plot was great but there were only a handful of non MSG characters i really got attached too. and even then it took a while
like i liked Kamille a lot in the end but god if he didnt take a fucking minute to get endearing
and like i can see myself rewatching MSG, but like i might rewatch select episodes of Zeta
>>
>>15534029
Zeta is a contender for one of the worst 80s anime of all time. It was poorly written as fuck. Get some taste.
>>
>>15533537
Oh boy you'll have a blast watching ZZ's ending then. Just finished it myself less than an hour ago and i like it, Newtype magic and all.
>>
>>15533477
you guys told me this show was bad.
instead i saw the tears of time
>>
>>15534029
Its okay anon children these days have absolute shit taste. The newer generations don't deserve Zeta.
>>
>>15533477
Since there are multiple zeta threads right now i'll post here since i too just finished it.

overall i liked zeta. those last three episodes were quite a ride. it felt like watching the EoE and seeing all my favorites of the cast disappear emma hit me the hardest

it was all really sad. gundam shows like to deal with 'war is bad' theme but i can't tell if zeta delivered that message gracefully or ham-fisted.
>>
>>15534289
Tomino pretty much admitted near the end he was taking out his frustration and depression out on the characters, its why he made ZZ lighter and the Zeta movies much more positive.
>>
File: 1489522298190.png (53KB, 500x295px) Image search: [Google]
1489522298190.png
53KB, 500x295px
>>15534289
>gundam shows like to deal with 'war is bad' theme but i can't tell if zeta delivered that message gracefully or ham-fisted.
>>
>>15535554
a trip to the wiki led me to an entry called "Tomino kill em all" trope. I was unaware of this. I'm scared to watch more gundam now.
>>
>>15535592
Whoa, that's a really clear projection.
>>
>>15534279
>The newer generations don't deserve Zeta

Nobody deserves it unless you think torturing someone is a nice thing to do. Zeta is easily one of the worst Gundam shows in the uc timeline. The story doesn't make sense, the characters don't make sense, the characters are all dipshits, cunts and fucking dislikable and the ending is like the writers just gave up. Only the designs are nice but that is it.

ZZ is goofy as hell, especially the first part. But it is much much closer to the original 0079 sense of humour than Zeta. And I don't see a lot of uc-tards hating 0079 because of the humour and silliness between the episodes.

What ZZ does wrong is the balance between the goofy parts and the serious parts. But humour itself doesn't kill ZZ as most retards think.
>>
>>15535610
>a trip to the wiki led me to an entry called "Tomino kill em all" trope. I was unaware of this. I'm scared to watch more gundam now.

Dude, the kill em all trope originates years before Gundam. Tomino had been killing his cast of main characters way before he even worked on Gundam. And when it comes to Gundam only some series have the apocalyptic ending. And you want to know why ? Because such endings are cop outs, they're the excuse for the writers giving up. 0079 doesn't have an kill them all ending and the show is great.
There has to be a reason to kill the main cast otherwise it comes across as silly. Which is the case in Zeta. The kill them all in Zeta is stupid and part of the reason that brings down the show.
>>
>>15535637
>the story doesn't make sense
I had some time to wrap my head around what happened. By the end i thought 'what was the point of all that?' But can't that tie into the 'war is bad' theme by saying all war is pointless? Or is that a copout for bad writing?

>the characters are all dipshits, cunts and fucking dislikable

I liked the cast for the most part, glaring flaws and all. Wasn't the AEUG supposed to be this ragtag group of rebels. So of course they have a bunch of amateurs doing stupid stuff. Don't know what it says about the overall quality if to me Yazan, the murderous psychopath, made the most sense in his actions.
>>
File: Well past the expiration date.jpg (1MB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
Well past the expiration date.jpg
1MB, 2048x1366px
>>15535637
>>
>>15535674

Are you trying to say something anon ?
>>
>>15535637
>0079 sense of humour
>0079
>humour
what

that was one of the dryest fucking Gundam shows of them all
>>
File: IMG_1158.jpg (14KB, 400x230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1158.jpg
14KB, 400x230px
You jerks told me this show was bad. You lied.
>>
>>15533868
>whatever random shit of the week we came up with" ZZ
nigger that was the last 1/3rd of Zeta you hypocritical fuck
ZZ handled itself way better in that department, but you probably haven't actually seen it
>>
File: 1363767272688_zps6e46d8d8.jpg (66KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1363767272688_zps6e46d8d8.jpg
66KB, 704x480px
>>15537030

Remind me, which show was it that had the ultra shitty and pointless tigerbaum colony and mining asteroid arcs?

Oh wait, it's coming back to me now. It was ZZ, not Zeta. You stupid faggot.
>>
>>15533612
There's a big different between telepathy and telekinesis. MSG established newtypes as empaths but in Zeta onwards they start impacting the physical world and altering physics.
>>
>>15533554
ZZ does the same thing as the Zeta in the end. Stop lying anon.
>>
The only thing good about ZZ is the opening
>>
>>15537428
>mining asteroid arc
Shit dude you make it sound cool.
>>
>>15538266

I mean, being perfectly fair it's not a bad idea at all for a subplot. It's just that those episodes exist solely to give more screen time to the worst characters of this horrible show outside of Judrau's shithead crew.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.