[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who are some true patron saints of hot blood? The ones who fill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 16

Who are some true patron saints of hot blood? The ones who fill you with the desire to call out your attacks at lung-bursting volumes!
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (83KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
83KB, 1440x1080px
[Muffled Totsugeki Love Heart in the distance]
>>
File: Scryed.full.913513.jpg (3MB, 2770x3727px) Image search: [Google]
Scryed.full.913513.jpg
3MB, 2770x3727px
>>15531237
Kazuma?
>>
File: MADASFUCK.png (15KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
MADASFUCK.png
15KB, 160x160px
Shinn
>>
File: IMG_3049.jpg (52KB, 599x398px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3049.jpg
52KB, 599x398px
Well, hallelujah at least
>>
>>15531471
>>15531465
No

>>15531242
I think Basara gets a hotblooded deduction for always trying to stop the fighting
>>
>>15531237
I think the only ones that can be considered the patron saints of hotblood are Kabuto Kouji, pretty much any generation of the Getter team, and probably Domon.
>>
>>15531237
Noriko
Kamina, Kittan
Domon
Gai (GaoGaiGar)
Ryoma, Hayato, Benkei
Koji Kabuto & Tetsuya Tsurugi
Priss (Bubblegum Crisis)
Shiiba Hiroshi & Kenji Kusanagi (Jeeg)
Kamen Rider 1 & Kamen Rider 2
Kamen Rider Stronger
Momotaros
>>
>>15531465
please no, fuck this guy
>>
>>15531237

If they have had a scene where blood is streaming down their face, while the scream in passion in the heat of battle. I think that qualifies.
>>
>>15531485

Why? Hot blood isn't specifically about spoiling for a fight, it's about not backing down even when it would be advisable to do so and having courage in the face of overwhelming odds while maintaining a pumped up attitude. Or using one to keep yourself doing something you're afraid to do. Which fits Basara.
>>
>>15531465
I suppose does he fill us with the desire to scream at the top of our lungs while we unleash hot-blooded violence onto him. He's infectious that way.
>>
OP you posted her.

>mfw Fly High is my power song when I run

It's funny how a combination of Japanese children anime songs and mecha anime songs improved my runs.
>>
File: 1432435055451.jpg (4KB, 108x124px) Image search: [Google]
1432435055451.jpg
4KB, 108x124px
>>15531550
You would, wouldn't you.
>>
>>15531237
>>15531599
She had like one hotblooded moment but for most of the OVA she's a whiny mopey mess. Should she really be considered at the top of the hotblooded scale?
>>
File: KINGS_OF_M_by_spikewible.jpg (443KB, 1827x1682px) Image search: [Google]
KINGS_OF_M_by_spikewible.jpg
443KB, 1827x1682px
We already have a list of the kings and queens of /m/.
>>
File: Queens_of_M_by_spikewible.jpg (1MB, 1897x1704px) Image search: [Google]
Queens_of_M_by_spikewible.jpg
1MB, 1897x1704px
>>15531726
See?
>>
>>15531614
>That Lighning Kick in episode 1
>The Gunbuster Shows up for the first time
>Episode 5 space battle
>Her sacrifice at the end
That's 4 right there, and I'm being generous to you by counting the space battle as 1.
She's whiny at the beginning but she ends up hot blooded. Nobody's born hot blooded, they become hotblooded through there own experiences. Gunbuster simply starts prior to Noriko becoming hot blooded and has a little thing called character development happen.
>>
"Hot blooded" protags are a shallow remnant of the brainless trash that was acceptable back in the 80's and 90's. Only nostalgic geezers give a shit about this kind of archetype today, where we have actual characters with nuance and personality.
>>
>>15531729
>Gunbuster simply starts prior to Noriko becoming hot blooded and has a little thing called character development happen.
It's hard to call it character development when she has to learn the same lesson for 4 out of 6 episodes because she keeps resetting her personality to what it was before learning that lesson.
>>
>>15531614

Genuine hot blood has to be forged in adversity. If some crazy bastard is born without the capacity for fear and redponds to all problems with direct and ruthless berserker fury, he's not hot blooded. He's just a psycho. There is no meaning to his actions, because he is deranged rather than couragous.

Norikos the queen of hot blood specifically because we saw her when she was weak, saw her buckle under impossible odds, and finally come back with unbreakable resolve.
>>
>>15531748
>Hot Blooded characters can't have nuance and personality
>Only nostalgiafags like Hot blooded characters
Go back to >>>/a/
>>
>>15531748
>"Hot blooded" protags are a shallow remnant of the brainless trash that was acceptable back in the 80's and 90's. Only nostalgic geezers give a shit about this kind of archetype today, where we have actual characters with nuance and personality.

It's the whole nuance and personality mantra that gave us shits like Shinji and all his equals over the last 2 fucking decades. They also gave us the "moe girls doing moe fucking stupid things". Anime is not what is used to be because of stupid cunts like you. Get the hell out of /m/.
Hiromi is one of the best hot blooded characters ever brought to the tv screen and she isn't even a mecha pilot but a tennis player.
>>
File: C5b5n4VUoAASsKQ.jpg (35KB, 692x389px) Image search: [Google]
C5b5n4VUoAASsKQ.jpg
35KB, 692x389px
Any more examples of hot blood stuck in real robot settings?
>>
File: 1494756024372.gif (4MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1494756024372.gif
4MB, 500x281px
>>15531748
not even mad
>>
>>15531802
>These people like things made after an arbitrary date I chose, that means they are shitty people, and all of them hate my beloved old anime!

Shut up, Grandpa. This is half the reason people mock old mecha anime, because it gets a rise out of geezers who don't understand they are being baited. Old and modern mecha are obviously different and will draw in people for different reasons, but this 'old fan vs modern fan' bullshit is a two-way street that grows out of dumb troll dickwaving contests.
>>
File: satoru_age_10.png (76KB, 270x256px) Image search: [Google]
satoru_age_10.png
76KB, 270x256px
>>15531748

Bait or not, if you are indeed someone from /a/, then you haven't been paying much attention. Tons of modern /a/ mainstream shows have hot-blooded protags, even if they aren't piloting giant robots or hurling Spirit Bombs.

Pic related. He even idolized a Kamen Rider expy.
>>
File: shigeo.jpg (32KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
shigeo.jpg
32KB, 225x350px
>>15531804
Shigeo from Patlabor. Hell, you can throw in a lot of mechanics from RR shows.
>>
File: domon.jpg (36KB, 530x419px) Image search: [Google]
domon.jpg
36KB, 530x419px
Because he's such a simple guy, the ordeals he is put through has that much more impact and makes his triumphs that much more meaningful.
>>
>>15531727
This would have included Hibiki if it was drawn more recently.
>>
>>15532029
I doubt anyone will argue against Domon's inclusion, since his whole character arc was about controlling his impossible amounts of hot blood.
>>
>>15531899
I always wondered, is this the fat guy that /v/ love sso much?
>>
>>15531919
>Only old geezers like hot blooded characters
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>15531755
Because she's written like an actual human being. People don't automatically change their personality or behaviors after just one experience or revelation, especially when they still have other struggles and uncertainties in the way.

>>15531804
Setsuna has his moments, as does Sosuke from FMP. They're quite similar.
Arguably Izuru from MJP
Anyone that wears the Gobain helmet in Fafner
Basara, obviously, also Roy
Everyone in Dai Guard
>>
>>15532377
>Because she's written like an actual human being. People don't automatically change their personality or behaviors after just one experience or revelation, especially when they still have other struggles and uncertainties in the way.
I'm not talking instant 180 change, I'm talking not regressing to ZERO every episode. She just deliberately doesn't learn anything until the 4th episode where it just kinda clicks. But I don't expect much from the characters to begin with since the whole thing is a tennis manga parody, after all.
>>
>>15531727
>nono
Not hot blooded

>Aoi
barely hot blooded

>Subaru
Not /m/

>Renais
Does nothing but get raped

I don't even know half of the rest of these bitches. This is a pretty pathetic showing
>>
File: 3654988.jpg (152KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
3654988.jpg
152KB, 500x500px
Daiya from Gaiking LoDM
>>
>>15532391
Well, like I mentioned, she was facing a completely different conflict every episode. Is it unreasonable to say that she wouldn't be able to transfer confidence in one situation to confidence in another?

In fact, the one conflict that she was recurring over the first half was her being uncertain about her living up to everyone's expectations, but you can see that this became less of an issue for her as time went on not only because she had other things to deal with, but because she actively put in effort to be the best that she could be
>>
>>15532403
>but because she actively put in effort to be the best that she could be
She doesn't for about 75% of every episode. She consistently falls back into all her old habits and doesn't question that, she doesn't contemplate anything nor does she show signs of growth she's just back to square one. Her growth is just kinda poorly executed, as is most of the character interactions in Gunbuster like the sudden romance between Coach and Senpai, Jung flipping from antagonistic to friend at the drop of a hat, or Senpai being a two faced cunt.
>>
>>15532420
>She doesn't for about 75% of every episode
Do you expect every episode to be nonstop training?

>She consistently falls back into all her old habits
Already addressed, it's as applies to different circumstances

>she doesn't contemplate anything
What the fuck are you even talking about? She spends a good half of the first three episodes in still scenes where she's just thinking and worrying to herself. We usually don't hear her thoughts, but she's clearly thinking something

>she's just back to square one
Aside from what I've already mentioned, another thing that could account for this is the fact that she goes through some rather traumatic experiences in those first few episodes, such as visiting the spaceship her father was on and finding it deserted, dealing with a six month time discrepancy between her and her peers, as well as Smith's death. These would all be good reasons for character development in the opposite direction.

>the sudden romance between Coach and Senpai
I didn't get that either, I think it's an Aim for the Ace reference. In any case, Kasumi spends a lot of time offscreen and we don't get to know her as much, so it doesn't bother me. She's not the focus

>Jung flipping from antagonistic to friend at the drop of a hat
Probably has something to do with her actually encountering the aliens and coming to terms with humanity's survival being on the line making it no time for rivalry, but I never understood the point of Jung to begin with. No idea why she's even there.

>Senpai being a two faced cunt
She always was, that's her character until she grows out of it after seeing Noriko surpass her. Again, it's an Aim for the Ace thing
>>
Basara is the only one who's hot blooded.
>>
>>15532510
And Domon.
>>
>>15532393

> Subaru
> not /m/

She's a cyborg that heavily references GaoGaiGar in her magic, she's more /m/ than most of the characters on that list. That aside, the picture isn't "Hotblood Women", it's "/m/ women".
>>
>>15532393
>nono
>not hot blooded
Did you even watch past episode 3?
>>
>>15532551
>That aside, the picture isn't "Hotblood Women", it's "/m/ women".
If that were the case, then we'd see some very different characters there. Sayaka, Sayla/Lalah, Ginrei and Fyana are all relatively important characters who are conspicuously absent because apparently Shizuru is so much more pivotal to mecha than they are.
>>
>>15532577

You act like "/m/ women" means "women important to the history of mecha" and not "women the artist liked or wanted to draw". Also, while I can see why Sayaka, Sayla and Lalah are relatively important I can't see why Ginrei or Fyana are.
>>
>>15532393
I see anti-Chris-kun
Fuck you and fuck all your /r/MRA buddies
>>
>>15532628
If there's no thematic, then why was it even posted ITT?
>>
>>15531755
You're an asshole but i more or less agree with you. Amuro and Kamille are great examples of protagonists who are competent and headstrong but not ignorant idiots; Kamina was great though
>>
>>15532656

I don't know, ask the guy who posted it. It also does include several hot blooded females regardless.
>>
>>15532393
>Aoi
>barely hot blooded

Blasphemy.
>>
>>15534712
She was no Shinobu

That blue haired detective cunt was more hot-blooded than she was. Aoi was quite relaxed for the most part
>>
File: akagi.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
akagi.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.