[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why couldn't Char be in ZZ? He has ever reason to want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Why couldn't Char be in ZZ? He has ever reason to want to stop Haman for winning. It would have be a perfect lead into Char's Counterattack to see him grow increasing bitter and disillusioned with how the AEUG command decides go along with the Federation's appeasement of her and make him realize how ineffective his speech at Dakar was. You can had great drama with him never getting along with Judau and near the end decided to join forces with Glemy Toto in an "The enemy of my enemy is my friend....for now." and all sort of other interesting things as Char reacts to the madness of the series that is not an anime. Tominio, you hack. We could have had a better series.
>>
>>15530776
They got the go ahead to make a movie so they did that instead
>>
He probably stopped giving a shit about the Zeon entirely to follow his father's ideals.

But the real reason we all know is because Sunrise gave the go-ahead for the movie and everything got messed up.
>>
>>15530776
Tomino had plans for him to appear, but then they greenlighted the movie so he decided to use him there.
>>
>>15530776
>Tominio, you hack. We could have had a better series.
Tomino's input to ZZ was pretty minimal after a point, so the writers were hobbled by not really knowing which direction to push the plot.

If there had been more delay in pushing ZZ and subsequently CCA out, things might have turned out very differently. But like so many entries in Gundam, ZZ and CCA both fall into the "what could have been" camp.
>>
He was busy in Sweetwater.
>>
>>15530776
They realized sticking him into something that wasn't canon before CCA came out would confuse people.
>>
>>15532238
>ZZ isn't canon

Can someone explain this meme to me again?
>>
>>15532709
If you don't like something and if your fav character doesn't show up or has very little screen time then its not canon
>>
>>15531894

OP probably wouldn't have been happy with his plans regardless, because Tomino using Char in ZZ was an either/or thing and not setup for Char's Counterattack. Either Char appeared in ZZ or he appeared in Char's Counterattack, not both. The only plans we know of are that way at least: http://pastebin.com/0SkxGTUt

Personally, I prefer the above outline to either the ZZ we got or Char's Counterattack, but I know a lot of people prefer one or both of what we got over it.
>>
>>15532754
I didn't Char being absent at all
It made sense to me and I could understand it, they guy goes missing after the big climax of Zeta and everybody is like "where is he? I dunno, we should focus in this now"
It bother me that Amuro was completely absent for no reason
And they go out of their way to not show him at all
>Characters rach Earth
>Oi vey Amuro is now fighting Axis in space
>Characters go to space
>Oi vey he went back to Earth or something
I mean The Federation and the League Military (thats not the main cast) are virtually non existent in Victory but at least they bother to dedicate 20 seconds every 40 episodes to show that they are doing something,instead of that being said in a throw away line
>>
>>15532894
>And they go out of their way to not show him at all

It's even weirder during that one episode where Jewdough and Bright were stuck in that burning building together and after they escape Bright talks about Amuro as if they were building up his appearance only for nothing to happen. ZZ had a pretty bad habit of building and dropping stuff in general actually, like the first ten episodes is leading into Yazan being the main rival but then he just fucks off entirely only to appear briefly again around the colony drop and then disappears for the rest of the show.
>>
>>15531894
>Tomino had plans for him to appear, but then they greenlighted the movie so he decided to use him there.
Why not use him in both ZZ and the movie? The movie was both coming out and set after ZZ anyway so its not like there would be any conflict.
>>
>>15532709
It's the only "not canon UC claim that is undeniably false.
>>
>>15533907

It was probably decided not to given the organic nature of character development that normally takes place throughout TV shows and animations. Char's Counterattack was a planned out short form work only two hours long and the character for Char would have to be planned fairly accurately to lead in to it, whereas a TV animation like ZZ often has characters, plots etc. change radically between what's planned for the finale when they start and what they actually finish with. Putting Char in would constrain that process and force them to be much more fixed on what's going to happen.

Take this summary of some of the audio commentary tidbits from Turn-A for instance

> Harry Ord was initially planned to be a villainous character who manipulates women, but instead ended up as a gentleman
> Kihel was supposed to only be around for a single episode. Hence being named "Kieru"
> Joseph was originally a villain or rival character to Loran
> Fran's original story was that of a war photographer who loses her fiance
> Gavane was not planned to die but did in the final script

The link for them is https://pastebin.com/x8C1whjf by the way. Several characters that ended up important either had their role greatly expanded during production to become important or changed massively during production. Fixing Char and his role to lead in to Char's Counterattack wouldn't really allow such fluidity of characterization.
>>
>>15530776
Char came in for the audition but when he saw the scooby doo cast assembling, he said fuck it and bounced. Nigga pretended to be dead for 6 years to avoid them.
>>
>>15532709
>>15532736
>>15534357
>I never saw the Zeta movies

I wish all these fake fans would just die off already.
>>
>>15535198
I'm glad that Harry Ord change took place. He's one of my favorite supporting characters in the series.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.