[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With Amazons being a success, would a reboot/remake of Shin work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: kamenridershin.jpg (133KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kamenridershin.jpg
133KB, 1024x768px
With Amazons being a success, would a reboot/remake of Shin work well with today's audience?
>>
>>15529864
Yes. Toei seems to acknowledge Shin enough he keeps showing up in crossovers instead of being shoved under the rug.
>>
File: Amazon_and_Fourze.jpg (84KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon_and_Fourze.jpg
84KB, 848x480px
>>15529864
>Kamen Rider Amazons comes out in America
>they call it Amazon Riders over here
>Kamen Rider Shin comes out in America
>call it Bio Riders and market it as a sequel/continuation

It could work, especially given that Shin was supposed to be a 3-movie long story. They could easily put that into a 13 episode season.
Only problem is I think while >>15529875
they have good enough grace to allow Shin in crossovers I think there is still some bad taste left in their mouths from way back when Shin came out. They might do something but it probably won't be for a long time.
>>
>>15529864
How is Shin? I always thought the super organic look to him was weird, but that's about all the thought I gave to it.

I'm a little sad to say that an Ultraman obsessed friend was put off on other Rider series initially following Shin being their first Rider experience.

>>15529894
>that pic
Where's the best place to watch that special? I looked around and just kept finding clips of the end fight. Amazon and Fourze are two of my favorites, so the two together seems like it'd be a blast.
>>
>>15529864
I doubt it. Even with Amazons they don't go with an actual organic looking Rider. Shin, although not written by Inoue, also suffered from the late Inoue syndrome of being too focused on personal drama and minimizing the screentime of the Riders and monsters.
>>
>>15529864
I rather have manga Black anime.
>>
>>15530040
its ok
its also very obviously the first in what was supposed to be a series of movies. so shit like character arcs and some story line stuff just floats off without a ton of resolve
>>
>>15530040
I should say that said friend enjoyed what he described as "Kamen Rider by way of David Cronenberg's The Fly", but was disappointed that the other series didn't seem to be in keeping with that vibe. I suggested Amazons to him earlier last week and he seemed interested.
>>
>>15530040

>How is Shin?

Kinda janky. It's more a j-horror movie than a superhero thing. It feels very unlike Kamen Rider in a lot of ways aside from Ishinomori making a cameo in the beginning since the main character doesn't "henshin," doesnt ride a bike in his Rider form, and doesn't have any flashy finishing moves. Special effects are kind of neat for the time. Pacing is a little disjointed and as evidenced by the title, it was meant to be a prologue to a series of movies, so it ends on a huge cliffhanger.
>>
>>15530040

It's very obviously part 1 of a multi-part story.
>>
>>15529864
>reboot/remake
Amazons is neither though.

I'd rather have them expand on Shin's already established character and lore but if nothing else an Amazons treatment would be ok I guess. But I don't see that happening because it doesn't really have a toyetic design.

>>15530040
Movie is pretty boring with a few good scenes here and there. As for AmazonxFourze, its on tvn.
>>
>>15530186
>doesnt ride a bike in his Rider form
Did they ever say what he rides in LGKR?
>>
>>15530186
You just decribed any Kamen Rider written by Ishinomori himself. Nobody ever says "Henshin" and Rider Kicks aren't finishing moves. Not even the episode he directed himself has those.
>>
>>15529864
I have no idea how the Japanese would like it, but i'd love to see Shin again for a shorter series.
>>
>>15529864
So where's episode 19? Did Over-Time drop it?
>>
>>15530062
>Kamen Rider by the way of David Cronenberg's The Fly.

Shin really needed a remake exclusively for adult horror audience. They could just take out the slack and pull only the necessary stuff to make the story as tight as possible.
>>
>>15530280
There was a promo picture that showed him riding his standard bike, just Shin himself transformed.
>>
File: All Rider Bikes.jpg (388KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
All Rider Bikes.jpg
388KB, 1440x810px
>>15531420
Here's it.
>>
Wait I thought Shin the human actually was a motorcyclist. He had a bike.
>>
>>15531439

He's shown Riding his bike as Shin here.

>>15531444
The ending credits of the movie messed up. Which is kind of weird since there was an official page with a list of Rider bikes promoting the movie, and it listed his bike there.
>>
>Gurl, I got turned into a monster and I am sad uguuu
>Okay guy, lets swim in the pool naked and have implied sex so that I can flash my boobs and set up a sequel baby.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.