[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /m/en So I've recently gotten back into Gundam and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: C4l00GUUEAAVeWM.jpg (169KB, 1200x908px) Image search: [Google]
C4l00GUUEAAVeWM.jpg
169KB, 1200x908px
Sup /m/en

So I've recently gotten back into Gundam and I've watched Zeta and I'm currently watching Stardust memory

I really like /k/ Gundam if you know what I mean, I detest stuff like Seed/TurnA. I've seen 08th MS team multiple times for this very reason; I think it captured the quality of which I'm referring too.

With this in mind, what are some good OVA's/series that fit this category?

Another seperate question; I've seen MSG up to Zeta; I haven't watched ZZ aside from probably 5 episodes like 7 years ago. How does it compare to Zeta gundam, is it worth watching?

>Amazon goddess related
>>
>>15528221
Thunderbolt.
>>
ZZ is infinitely better than Zeta because it recaptures the feeling of 0079. Zeta is boring as shit and takes itself too seriously.
>>
>>15528225
>takes itself too seriously.
How do you mean?
>>
>>15528226
ZZ is downright comical and not serious at all for several episodes. Also perhaps try out Ms Igloo. It's all CGI but quite interesting.
>>
>>15528221
Oh man, I really wish the original director didn't die. There was a very noticeable drop in quality for the second half. It was still good, but damn it there was way more retardation later on, especially with that Nina bitch.
>>
>>15528226
Zeta is just 80s SEED. It tries to be grimdark and edgy, putting in an extra layer of angst and despair. But that is neither fun, nor did the writing make it compelling. 0079 may not have been goofy on purpose, but it made for a better show. And ZZ replicates it well.
>>
>>15528233
I disagree, I don't think it came off like that at all
They're fighting a war you know, that's not exactly anything less than grim circumstances.

But each to their own.

>>15528228
Yeah I forgot about Igloo, nice
That's about Zeon right?
>>
>>15528240
Aye focuses on Zeon.
>>
>>15528247
While I've got you here

Is Iron Blooded Orphans worth watching?
>>
>>15528249
I really enjoyed and personally think Mikazuki might be my favorite Gundam protag. It is oddly widely hated here and I am not entirely sure why.
>>
>>15528250
Poor writing mostly, though some will focus a lot on the ending. I personally liked the ending; it was the writing for the rest of the series that was frustrating.
>>
>>15528253
The writing did get a bit eh at times, sure. I rather liked the ending as well. Plus some of the mechs were real nice. I really look forward to playing them in future games.
>>
>>15528233
0079 was almost as edgy and dark as Zeta, and Zeta had humorous parts as well. Tomino generally mixes both together - and later ZZ is just as edgy as Zeta.
>>
>>15528249
On the surface it might look like it's /k/, but it's a tough recommend. I assume you are looking for grit, or are you looking for more squad base military stuff than kid hijinx?

The writing for IBO is terrible, as is characterization. The mecha designs are mostly good. The animation is really lazy at times.

It does "mostly" revolve around child soldiers for the first half. It tries to be fairly dark in tone, though that's mostly through deaths.

Honestly, you would be better off watching 00 or Thunderbolt. Neither has kid hijinx (though, 00 can at times be a tad bit over the top).
>>
>>15528257
>some of the mechs were real nice
I think everyone on /m/ can agree that base Vidar was fucking cool. Consequently, cue the /m/ rage when it was replaced with the Kimaris Vidar.

I'm hoping that the upcoming Gundam Versus has more IBO suits besides Barbatos. Lupus and Bael are mechs I'd like to main.
>>
>>15528261
Is just that it starts out so wacky. It's almost a little odd especially since it takes place right after Zeta.
>>
>>15528265
Seeing IBO mechs in Versus definitely convinced me to buy that game. Wonder how long till the next Gundam Musou comes out as well.
>>
>>15528221
You may like the Starship Troopers OVAs.
>>
>>15528277
I've already seen them
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-04-06-19h09m11s559.png (2MB, 1440x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-04-06-19h09m11s559.png
2MB, 1440x1090px
>>15528221
Fun Fact, anon.
Kou is 5'10
>>
File: PTSD sandwich.webm (348KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
PTSD sandwich.webm
348KB, 720x480px
>>15528221
> I detest stuff like Seed/TurnA.
Sounds like you're more into early UC stuff for its military aspects. Thunderbolt is highly recommended as it takes place during OYW. You can watch the episodes individually or you can just watch the December Sky compilation. You probably may not like ZZ because it's pretty silly, but it does start to take itself more seriously in the latter half. Personally I think it's completely skippable and you can just move from Zeta to CCA without missing much and then follow that up with 0096 (TV adaptation). You can also check out the 0080 OVA which is smaller in scope and slower paced, but it is short and the animation is some of the best in the series.
>>
>>15531578
Isn't the tv adaptation for unicorn poorly paced? I thought the OVAs were better
>>
>>15528267
Its wacky because it's from the POV of Judau and the rest of his gang of kids. If it had just been Bright and Fa, it would've been alot more depressing
>>
File: Judau_in_drag.jpg (54KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Judau_in_drag.jpg
54KB, 960x720px
>>15528261
The thing is ZZ keeps both comical and dark elements the entire way through. It isn't so much that it's just comedy and suddenly drops it, or that there aren't plenty of dark and angsty moments near the start. Moon Moon may be episodes 14 and 15, but Tigerbaum is episode 40.

It's just that near the start Judau is still trying not to get too involved and Beecha is still doing stupid self-interested shit, whereas they're in more traditional roles as captain and pilot later.
>>
>>15531598
Not really. The actual story from the OVA is very much intact. The TV version just has more intro/credit sequences which makes little difference if you're binge-watching anyway. The reality is that it makes little difference which version you watch. It's just the TV version has Bluray-tier re-edited animation and is considered the "definitive" edition of 0096.
>>
>>15528249
Absolutely not, avoid it like the plague.
>>
>>15528265
>I think everyone on /m/ can agree that base Vidar was fucking cool.
Nope, I didn't care for it and too many schmucks wrongfully fap to it.
>>
>>15528265
Nope, Vidar sucked dude
>>
>>15528249
>Is Iron Blooded Orphans worth watching?
You would think that a story abut a PMC with giant robots carrying out contracts would be what OP is looking for, but ultimately it does nothing with the setting. The first season was...alright. The second season didn't improve things and instead they cranked up the generic anime melodrama that derailed everything.
>>
>>15528265
It was a load of nothing and bland as hell.
>>15531757
Season 1 was hands down one of the worst attempts at a mecha anime ever made, lets not mince words here.
>>
File: fuuuuuudge.png (262KB, 682x477px) Image search: [Google]
fuuuuuudge.png
262KB, 682x477px
>>15528265
>Vidar
>cool
No
>>
0079, Zeta, ZZ and Victory aren't really that different. If you like amazon women go try V.
>>
>>15531189
>Kou is 5'10
That's pretty tall for an Asian dude.
>>
>>15531598

The OVAs are way better, the TV adaptation adds about 10 minutes worth of OP, Recap and ED as well as abruptly ending episodes. There's next to no difference between them otherwise.
>>
>>15528257
>>15528265
For me IBO had SEED/Destiny syndrome: I hated the show but I really fucking like a lot of its mech designs
>>
>>15528265
Vidar is a joke birthed from franchise disgrace, ANN.
>>
>>15531598
It doesn't really matter, the TV series is on youtube through gundaminfo if you're lazy and don't want to torrent it.
>>
File: 1494707985409.jpg (728KB, 1280x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494707985409.jpg
728KB, 1280x900px
>>15528221
Votoms, Dougram, Armor Hunter Mellowlink, Gundam Thunderbolt, Patlabor movies, Blue Gender,
>>
You should still watch Turn A
>>
>>15533327
No that was a franchise low point.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.