[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>jobber: the mecha Voltron literally gets his ass kicked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: voltronheader3.jpg (45KB, 640x389px) Image search: [Google]
voltronheader3.jpg
45KB, 640x389px
>jobber: the mecha

Voltron literally gets his ass kicked in like every fight and always barely makes it out.

In all seriousness though, this show is pretty fucking cool. Why isn't it ever discussed here? Or am I just late to the party?
>>
>>15524172
Because contrary to your opinion, it is shit. Also, yes.
>>
>>15524172
Because theres like 5 colective people on this board and for a netflix show that drops seasons on one day it leaves little time to discuss.
>>
File: 1494302730695.jpg (338KB, 751x863px) Image search: [Google]
1494302730695.jpg
338KB, 751x863px
>>15524181
What's shit about it? I'm not a huge Voltron fan. This is the first Voltron content I've ever taken part in. I really enjoy the space exploration aspect.

>>15524182
Yeah I don't know why they don't stagger the release of shows. At this point you may as well just make them into like three hour movies.
>>
>>15524172
To be fair, Voltron is still not at full power, and to put things into perspective, Robeasts are not slouches either with what they need to power one (Voltron, on the other hand, has a ton of power reserves and seems to replenish them on its own).
>>
>>15524172
Why would I ever watch this english trash? Japanese are the only ones who can do mecha. I never watch anything mecha that is in english.
>>
File: 1494657194190.gif (304KB, 540x403px) Image search: [Google]
1494657194190.gif
304KB, 540x403px
>>15524222
>>
>>15524172
>am I just late to the party?
this

Pidge best girl
>>
>>15524172
Pidge/Lance is best pairing
>>
>>15524172
>Voltron literally gets his ass kicked in like every fight and always barely makes it out.
That's the classic super robot formula, really. The classic Japanese super hero formula too. I'm kind of surprised to see this Yank show do it.
>>
>>15524172
because they have no idea what they're doing (no owner's manual on what voltron can and can't do).
>>
>>15524172
>Why isn't it ever discussed here? Or am I just late to the party?

It's discussed when the new batches of eps hit netflix, but that's about it.
>>
>>15524172
We have some pretty good threads when the season drops but since there's literally no content between seasons we only discuss it when the episodes come out. It's a fun show though and a really solid mecha show, albeit it doesn't realize it's full potential. The cast is great, the designs are phenomenal, it's overall a really fun show, and Hunk is best boy.

Oh one thing about this place is unlike /co/ we discuss the show, not gay fan pairings. Seriously never go into those threads unless you want yaoi of their personal headcanon pairings.
>>
Punk is best ship. no lie.
>>
>>15524172
/m/ rareluy gets to talk about the show, but at least we talk about the show, whereas /co/ had a pretty strong general on it that was nothing but fujoshi kikery.
>>
>>15524191

I'd presume they want shows split in to episodes at least in part because an episodes end gives a natural end point for people to walk away from. If you have a 3 hour movie (or for most shows, a 12 hour one) it takes a bigger time commitment to sit down to watch it and it feels like more of a problem to walk away mid-show. With episodes you can continue watching (and a lot of people do), but you can finish at the end of a given episode instead if you have shit to do and not feel as much like you're stopping at a weird or stupid point. It's really just an illusory thing, but it has practical benefits.

>>15524687

That's the classic protagonist formula really, regardless of nation or genre.
>>
>>15525452
>>15525580
Pretty much the same thing as Transformers.

/m/ rarely talks about it unless something new happens, but at least it's much better than when /co/ discusses it.

The more often a show is talked about in general, the worse the discussions get. It's why generals turn to shit easily.
>>
>>15525693
Generals really only work if there's constant content to keep discussion flowing, otherwise it ends up a circle jerk
>>
File: K KEEP ME POSTED.png (169KB, 500x593px) Image search: [Google]
K KEEP ME POSTED.png
169KB, 500x593px
>>15524172
So who else thinks this show is definitely going to pull a Kamina at some point?

>Shiro tells Keith that he wants him to be the leader if something happens to him numerous times
>The black lion let Keith pilot it to save Shiro that one time
>Keith was the original leader in the original show

The question is, who's going to pilot the red lion with Shiro gets JUST'd?
>>
>>15527430
Allura Lance or space mice
>>
>Guys my lion is telling me something
>>
File: Shiroganeryou.jpg (38KB, 705x521px) Image search: [Google]
Shiroganeryou.jpg
38KB, 705x521px
>>15527430
Shiro will die, and then Keith will be leader with Allura piloting Blue lion and Lance piloting red. The real twist will be when Shiro's identical twin brother Ryou comes back.
>>
>>15527643

The problem with that is they set up Lance and blue and being rather close. This isn't like the old show where they where just robots, they bond with their pilots so shuffling even one is going to take more of a concentrated effort
>>
>>15524680
>get me more peanut butter and i'll show you how much
>>
>>15524172
What about GoLion?
>>
>>15525717
There's a new Kr every week and KRG STILL manages to circle jerk 90% of the time
>>
Does anyone happen to know the approximate size of the Lions? I wanted to know for scale references. I don't need all of them, just Black and Blue. Metric preferred, though I can convert from Burgerstani if it's all you have.
>>
>>15527653
They also spent the season establishing that what makes Lance special is he's not special, he can literally be plugged into any situation. Really felt like foreshadowing a lion switch.
>>
>>15527430
>The question is, who's going to pilot the red lion with Shiro gets JUST'd?
>>15527452
>Allura Lance or space mice
I'm wondering if Allura herself won't get Black, since Lance is pretty attached to Blue and Red prefers the hot-headed.
>>
>>15528445
If anyone's piloting Black it's going to be Keith, there has been a big deal about how Black is very picky with who it allows to pilot it and has strong attachment to its pilot that's above the other lions. Season 2 literally was about making Keith prepare to be the backup Black pilot.
>>
File: pance perspective.png (502KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pance perspective.png
502KB, 768x1024px
>>15527654
>>
>>15527430
They keep teasing that they're going to kill Shiro off but not actually doing it, presumably because anyone who knows anything about the original Voltron assumed he was going to die before the first episode even aired. They put a considerable amount of effort throughout both first and second seasons into muddying the waters so that if they do kill him off it can generate a reaction other than boredom.
>>
>>15528472
>there has been a big deal about how Black is very picky with who it allows to pilot it and has strong attachment to its pilot that's above the other lions.
Yeah, but Black also prefers natural leaders, and Keith "preparation" always has him state how uncomfortable he is with leading.
>>
>>15528731
>>15528472
>>15528445
>the Lions chose traitorous, genocidal, and monstrous Zarkon over smart, courageous, and noble Coran

Voltron LD confirmed for worst GoLion. I hope Lotor wrecks it utterly in Season 3.
>>
>>15527654
wan plas wan lewd
>>
>>15524687
Except in those Clasdic shows the main title robot wins in the end, here Voltron has a single win to his name and has been regularly beaten up while the individual lions have saved the day more.
>>
>>15528331
>They also spent the season establishing that what makes Lance special is he's not special, he can literally be plugged into any situation.
Just like the blue lion since it has no pilot requirements and has the lowest stats. Plus red needs someone that is special.
>>
>>15528331

They spent half of one episode on that and treated it mostly as a joke. The series has a real problem with tone. It's got this nasty Joss Whedon habit where everything has to be a goddamn joke or quip and you can't be serious for a second before someone farts
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.