/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Mazinger and Getter Robo are so great and popular then where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 12

File: Mazinger.jpg (150KB, 912x681px) Image search: [Google]
Mazinger.jpg
150KB, 912x681px
If Mazinger and Getter Robo are so great and popular then where are the recent shows for them? Mazinger had some 3 episode OVA what 6 years ago? Getter Robo hasn't had anything recently besides some manga no one cares about.

I expected a semi large franchise with how you guys hype these two robots up, but in reality there is nothing recent for them at all. How can waves and waves of little girl anime be released but we get NOTHING for Mazinger and Getter Robo?
>>
For a while, Dynamic Planning had a monopoly on the IPs. Of course, since doing shows is expensive, they didn't get enough return from merchandising sales to do much more than produce small OVAs after a while.

Heck, it's only recently that Toei are getting to do something new with Mazinger again.
>>
>>15513871
>quality and amount of works are proportionally related
Neck yourself. Beyond that, they've had plenty of works, all of which are pretty good to great. Also, Devolution is doing fine.
>>
>>15513891
Then why do they have no money? It doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>15513893
>Then why do they have no money
because cartoons don't have bank accounts, dumb-dumb
>>
File: m fail.jpg (177KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
m fail.jpg
177KB, 600x720px
>>15513871
>>
>>15513899
Gundam does as they are still making new stuff.
>>
File: RobotGirlsZ_01.jpg (139KB, 543x600px) Image search: [Google]
RobotGirlsZ_01.jpg
139KB, 543x600px
>>15513871
>How can waves and waves of little girl anime be released but we get NOTHING for Mazinger and Getter Robo?
But there's a little girl anime for them.

Also, there's a Mazinger Z movie in production right now.
>>
>>15513871
popularity =/= quality
>>
>>15513903
>they didn't take the statue down, he's going to the nearby ATM
>>
>>15513871
Getter has the new Devolution Manga and they're making a brand new movie for Mazinger.
>>
>>15513925
That's just a twisted mockery. Not mecha and not a true Mazinger or Getter Robo series.

>>15513929
What are you trying to say that its not popular or that its shit?

>>15513966
>A movie
Why not a series? That's what anime is about.

>Getter Devolution
Yeah it's so good that no one even mentions it or cares to translate it while every little girl anime and manga is translated within 5 minutes of release.
>>
>>15513976
calm down lol
>>
>>15513976
>Yeah it's so good that no one even mentions it or cares to translate it while every little girl anime and manga is translated within 5 minutes of release.
Mecha series in general tend to be more niche than "little girl anime" as you call them (I'm not sure if you're referring to anime staring little girls or anime for little girls). And besides, no one cares to translate it is complete bull shit because there is a translation of it.
The reason Getter Robo hasn't had any Anime recently is probably because Ishikawa died. Notice how the last animated work was made just prior to Ishikawa's death. Ishikawa would be the one to push a Getter Robo Anime the most, so we haven't gotten any.
Also, the Mazinger and Getter Robo WERE popular. As shitty light novel adaptations and "little girl anime" have taken the market, they are no longer as popular (and haven't really been for a while before that anyways. The OVAs were only really popular with otaku, the 70s tv shows were the most popular, although the Getter Robo Go tv series was pretty popular in the 90s). Just because they aren't popular anymore doesn't make them bad though because, as several people have pointed out already, popularity =/= quality.
>>
>>15514077
Wasn't Armageddon pretty popular too? Due to Go manga, Getter got a big boost in popularity in the 90s up until early 00s. I have no clue whether or not New was popular but I imagine it was successful enough for Dynamic Planning to make Kotetsushin Jeeg and hire Kawagoe again. Getter has shrunk notably but it's to be expected also when the creator fucking died.

Mazinger overall still has its popularity but it's like you say, mecha as a whole is more niche these days (hell recent Gundam hasn't even done amazingly). But not only does Mazinger (and Getter) merch still get made, they all sell quite well and as a buyfag I see plenty sell out of pre-orders. Not to mention Mazinger pretty much always has manga going in some form of the series, and they pretty consistently sell well to my understanding.

With Mazinger's status as petty much a cultural icon I have a small hope the movie's success brings some love and attention back to super robots as a whole.
>>
>>15514112
Armageddon did well, but it wasn't as successful as any of the tv series. The Getter OVAs were really intended for fans of the manga and people who watch Getter on TV as a kid (but more the former than the latter). With that demographic in mind, all 3 OVAs did pretty damn well.
>>
>>15514185
I'm glad to hear that, gives me hope that when the anniversary comes up we will get some love to Getter. I feel Nagai respected and enjoyed Ishikawa('s works) enough that he will put a similar effort into celebrating the Getter anniversary and likely make the year a celebration of Ishikawa.
>>
>>15514112
SRs are fine, what are you on about?

>>15513976
>That's just a twisted mockery
Not really. It's also pretty good.

>That's what anime is about
Not particularly.
>>
>>15514225
>SRs are fine, what are you on about?
I love super robots, but they are very niche now and there haven't been many notable entries in recent years. It's just sad truth that they aren't as relevant or popular these days.
>>
OP is a rare type of retarded.
>>
>>15514255
Most of the /m/ series these last couple years have been SR and have been pretty good. And you say that as if though every decade doesn't have only a couple notable /m/ series.
>>
>>15514729
And I am saying I don't consider any super robot series in the past while as being notable or particularly good. Not to mention none have been that notably successful.

Also calling them super robot is arbitrary as all hell since its an arbitrary tag made for SRW, and hardly any mecha anime are real robot.
>>
>>15514225
Name one good Super Robot series made after 2011 that's not based on a pre-existing IP
>>
>>15514745
Good thing opinion isn't fact

>>15514821
Bubuki/Buranki
>>
>>15514912
It's not an opinion that none of them have performed particularly well
>>
>>15514981
And? I didn't mention anything about that.
>>
File: tears.jpg (37KB, 299x303px) Image search: [Google]
tears.jpg
37KB, 299x303px
>>15513902
>>
>>15515091
You said they are fine, but they're current state isn't really fine. Mecha is unpopular and often flop due to disinterest/low quality, people do not care about mecha/super robots currently and that is worrisome for the future of the genre since no one wants to make something that's unlikely to succeed. This is why I'm hoping the Mazinger movie is good and brings some life back into the genre.
>>
>>15515127
>he says as /m/ shit is and will continue to be made at a rapid rate
Get your head out of your ass and stop being retarded.
>>
>>15514912
Bubuki Buranki is not fucking mecha like what the fuck I watched two episodes of that trash. These anime creators need to go the fuck back and learn from the old anime what mecha actually is. It's not a bunch of magic bullshit with faggots riding on their back casting spells like homos with magical weapons. No wonder nobody can get into mecha these days when that is the garbage they are releasing.

>>15515154
>/m/ stuff coming out at a rapid rate

Just what the fuck are you even talking about? Look at the seasonal anime's and 95% of it has nothing to do with mecha. The only mecha we ever get anymore is Gundam stuff and even that is going to fade off into 2 episode OVA's pretty soon. The only stuff that comes at a rapid rate anymore is Kamen Rider and Super Sentai.
>>
>>15513871
SRW milks it just fine.
>>
>>15513902
Even nip kids are cucked as fuck
>>
>>15513871
They've had recent shows and there are multiple ongoing manga. Point to another franchise from the 1970s doing that right now that isn't Bandai's toy commercial Gundam.
>>
>>15513871
>If Mazinger and Getter Robo are so great and popular
Stop. They were never popular. They only like as a meme so people get a old school cred for liking them.
>>
>>15514112
New Getter sold well enough for 2004.
>>
>>15513871
Oh god shut the fuck up already. Getter and Mazinger are manga franchises and we're getting manga for them every year.

Grendizer Giga was licensed and released here, Dino Getter, Getter devolution, Shin Mazinger vs darkness didn't end long ago.

What the fuck are you on? And the MaInger movie is bringing two new manga as well.
>>
>>15515588
>Getter and Mazinger are manga franchises
>Anime are their most well known series and are constantly reference
???
>>
>>15515595
Ttgl referenced the Getter Robo manga, not the anime series. You're dumb.
>>
>>15515598
>One show referenced the Getter Robo manga, not the anime series
>>
>>15515595
Evangelion was a reference to the Mazinger manga. Not the anime. Anne didn't care for the Mazinger anime but he was an avid reader of the works of Go Nagai and Ken Iahikawa.
>>
>>15513871
Ever heard of Super Robot Wars V?
>>
>>15515606
Yeah the most famous of them all. Since you're arguing for popularity, and not quality, dumbass.
>>
>>15513893
>Then why do they have no money? It doesn't make any sense.
>>15513903
>Gundam does as they are still making new stuff.

Holy shit you people are clueless.

NONE OF THE GO NAGAI PROPERTIES ARE OWNED BY ANY ANIME STUDIO.

Gundam is an anime franchise, Mazinger and Getter are manga franchises.

In fact, he fought against Toei to get back what's his. This way, he actually has total creative control over the adaptations. This is how we can get Devilman Crybaby by Science Saru even though the original Devilman TV series was done by Toei.

If Mazinger was owned by Toei, they would have easily milked the shit out of it during the 80s, 90s, and 00s, but it all went to different studios like Brain's Base (Mazinkaiser) and Knack (God Mazinger).

Go Nagai was among the richest manga artists back in the 2000s. I don't know if that's still the case with so much competition, but you can be assured that he still has shit tons of money.
>>
The fact that Mazinger, a jump manga from the 70s is still getting spinoffs to this day is a testament to its popularity.

Take a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_series_run_in_Weekly_Sh%C5%8Dnen_Jump

Look at the 60s and 70s titles and see how many of them are actually still getting content these days.
If Mazinger was still with Toei, Toei would have turned it into the next Precure / Sentai / Rider. In fact, this was the plan as Garla was supposed to come after Grendizer, but plans came to a halt after Nagai had a legal battle of rights over Gaiking.

Why do you think Toei made Gaiking LOD? They were desperate to revive their rich mecha history, mostly, they were yearning for Mazinger.
>>
>>15515617
>Yeah the most famous of them all.
Stopped right there. TTGL was just a flavor of the month don't treat it as anything more.
>>
>>15515663
>Knack
Mistake.

I meant TMS.

Knack did do Govarian (Which looked like a real robot mazinger, design wise) and Groizer X.
>>
>>15515679
That's some hardcore denial here.
>>
OP is retarded
Is he aware that Godzilla, Ultraman, Rider, almost all Leiji and Nagai properties have had massive breaks between new content before?
Is he aware that VOTOMS got a big spurt of new stuff around 2010 randomly?
If he seriously thinks a franchise needs constant new crap like it's a Cape comic then he needs to GTFO
>if Akira is SO great and SO popular then why did it only get 1 movie
This is how you sound
>>
>>15513871
>any series isn't popular because it didn't get anything for a long time
If that's the logic you are going for, you're a certified retard.
Mazinger's story is finished. Getter's story is finished. Anything that came after was because fans asked for more.

Nagai had no reason to continue Mazinger, neither did Ishikawa. Where is your new Combattler anime huh? Where's your new Ideon? I guess these series aren't known either.
For a pretty long time, we didn't have shit on Evangelion. I guess during that time we didn't have any of the rebuild movies, according to you, Evangelion was unknown at the time. Same for Star Wars and Dragon Ball, until the recent revivals.
>>
>>15515711
Don't forget Atom and Tetsujin.

According to OP, Tetsujin and Atom aren't popular at all because they didn't have anything until recently (Atom The Beginning). Tetsujin didn't have shit since Gao.
>>
>>15515607
>Anne didn't care for the Mazinger anime
Wasn't he autismo for the original series, at the very least?
>>
>>15515997
No, you're probably thinking about Kamen Rider or something else. In that big interview with Go Nagai Anno mentions that he felt the anime was more childish than the original shounen jump run of Mazinger.
>>
>>15515715
>Gundams story is finished!
>new series released every couple years

You're fucking retarded. The series you listed were meant to be one shot stories. Mazinger had multiple series already but now has nothing. Getter Robo had multiple series and now has nothing.

>>15515730
Because no one actually cares about Atom and Tetsujin.

>>15515711
It's been like 20+ years and all we get is OVA stuff. Nobody can even point to anything substantial for any of these series so you can't pull that card.
>>
>>15516081
>The series you listed were meant to be one shot stories.
You know what else were meant to be one shots? Mazinger and Getter, and they actually are.

Go Nagai and Ken Ishikawa returned to these series because they were still popular.

>Mazinger had multiple series
Most of them are reboots / spinoffs of the original story.

>Getter Robo had multiple series
Only because people wanted more. You do realise that Getter Robo Go was not only a sequel, but also a reboot ? The story in Getter was practically complete by the end of G.

>and now has nothing.
Getter Robo Devolution is currently ongoing, so I don't know what the hell you're talking about. It's not my goddamn problem that you don't care about it. The thing exists.

>Because no one actually cares about Atom and Tetsujin.
No. You don't care. I care. Don't put shit in the mouths of other people.

>It's been like 20+ years and all we get is OVA stuff. Nobody can even point to anything substantial for any of these series
Looks like you have no argument. What is wrong with OVAs again? Oh that's right, nothing.

In fact, your entire thread is a giant waste of time, and everyone here is calling you out for the massive retard you are.

Please neck yourself and save yourself from further embarrassment.
>>
You know even though OP is obviously baiting, it makes my feel good to see the board come together and defend/acknowledge the legacies of Getter and Mazinger.
>>
>>15516126
It's not really about defending Getter and Mazinger. It's more about calling OP for the giant retard that he is.

He thinks if a series is not constant like Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, and Gundam, that it means it's not popular or great.
>>
>>15516081
>Gundams story is finished!
>new series released every couple years
Except you forgot to mention that the majority of them have almost nothing to do with the original Gundam.

They are also unwatchable garbage and tarnishing the name of the original Gundam at the same time. No one gives a shit about Char and Amuro nowadays. If that's the direction that Sunrise wants to take with Gundam, then I'm not interested.

As proven with the latest barrage of Sunrise trite, Gundam is not 'great'. If anything, it's currently a steaming pile of shite that I want no part of.

Thanks for reading.
>>
>>15516118
>one shots
So was Gundam. That's how things become franchises by having sequels and spinoffs. Not hard to understand.

>Getter Devolution
So whens the anime adaptation? Oh right never because Devolution will just get canceled before it ever does anything.

>Atom and Tetsujin
I'm glad you are one of three people who actually care about these 2 meme characters.

>raging

Looks like I hit the nail on the head to get you so worked up. If my thread is a giant waste of time then see yourself out of it.
>>
>>15516152
If it was popular and great I could go back in the last 5 years and find at least one series to watch. Can't do that for either. You just keep making excuses. Popular and great implies its a money maker, which clearly it isn't since nothing is made.
>>
>>15516343
>>15516357
>So was Gundam
Except Gundam belongs to Sunrise, meaning it's pretty easy for them to make new Gundam whenever they want to. Toei doesn't own Mazinger or Getter and Nagai has the final say.

>So when's the anime adaptation?
Why does it need an anime adaptation? The manga barely started you dumb shit.

>Oh right never because Devolution will just get cancelled
The last Mazinger manga ran successfully from 2009 to 2015.

>I could go back in the last 5 years and find at least one series to read
Yup, you can go back the last 5 years and find stuff to read. You seriously expect a manga studio to start producing anime? Are you daft?

>Popular and great implies its a money maker
Nagai is one of the richest artists out there. What gives?

>I'm glad you are one of three people who actually care about these 2 meme characters.
>xD

>If my thread is a giant waste of time then see yourself out of it.
Your thread is useful in exposing yourself as the giant retard you are.
>>
>>15516357
Getter re-released several of the toys last year and most of them sold out online in 24 hours, the most expensive being a very high detail Black Getter and that sold out in hours. Not to mention Mazinger gets even more merchandise that constantly sells extremely well.

I know you are baiting but I wanna hear the mental gymnastics to disregard that.
>>
>>15516357
>and find at least one series to watch
Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRgqPx7p_w4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDjRRkOCOs
>>
The only reason we're not getting an animated series every year is because Nagai stopped whoring himself out to Toei 30 years ago.

Toei had to beg him to let them use Mazinger and co for Robot Girls Z.

Meanwhile, Tomino's Gundam is getting gang raped left and right by a bunch of execs who are obviously not interested in his creative vision, and just want to whore Gundam out to the highest bidder.
>>
>>15516441
People are suckers for Mazinger figures as well.

This beauty costs 17,232 US dollars, full platinum, 50 mm, 150 g.

The bigger version which only one was made of costs 119,600 US dollars, full platinum, 120 mm, 850 g.
>>
>>15516441
>release like 10 figures
>hype it up as premium figures never coming back
>wow we sold all 10 what great sales!

Yeah if they actually produced them like they should they wouldn't be selling out.

>>15516443
Both of those are mockeries.

>>15516455
I literally don't care who it gets whored out to if it gets us more mecha shows since the whole genre is dying.
>>
File: FIGURE-012097.jpg (109KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-012097.jpg
109KB, 600x600px
>>15516710
>Yeah if they actually produced them like they should they wouldn't be selling out.
Ever heard of the Chogokin brand? Guess not.

>Both of those are mockeries.
And?

>I literally don't care who it gets whored out to if it gets us more mecha shows since the whole genre is dying.
How the fuck is this Mazinger's problem?
>>
>>15516710
Strange you say that because they all go up on Amiami and they all consistently sell out or go on back order, I can't say I remember the last time I saw Getter or Mazinger hit the bargain bin. Not to mention that figures get printed in batches of usually 1-5k per printing and every release of either property sells enough they usually need more than one printing. They are the only robots toys, not counting Gunpla since its models, that pretty damn consistently sells as well as the popular cheesecake anime girl figures.

Try again, please. Maybe this time you will come up with something convincing.
>>
>>15515127
That happens to every genre. Martial arts anime is on the same standing, the only popular series that was created more or less recently is Toriko. One Piece and Boruto (Naruto's continuation) are already old as fuck, let's not even get into Dragon Ball. Once upon a time the Mahou Shoujo genre was dying, then Sailor Moon happened and it was reborn.

Sooner or later there's going to be a huge success and there'll be plenty of SR anime to watch. But they'll have to come with a new formula or some twist in order to spawn clones. Gurren Lagan, in that respect, was a rehash of things that existed already, that's why it didn't mean a lot in the long run.

About Mazinger, I don't know what people expect. A new anime every year? It's impossible, it's not a formula that you can retell all the time. You can do it every now and then. Shin Mazinger was a missed opportunity, unfortunately, as it didn't work and hence the sequel hasn't been made. But we are getting a movie, and in a few years we might get a new anime, even though the waiting gets hard for us fans. And since Ishikawa died who knows when they'll attempt to do something with Getter, but I'm sure that eventually they'll bring it up again.
>>
File: confused koji and sayaka.png (186KB, 338x513px) Image search: [Google]
confused koji and sayaka.png
186KB, 338x513px
>>15516710
>release like 10 figures

Please, stop. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about and didn't even try to search for info about it before spouting retarded shit.

You're wrong, period.
>>
>>15516733
Chogokin whores out all the old Super Robots. But come on are you going to try and tell me God Mars is alive and well cause a few rich people buy toys of it?

>>15516769
You guys have the most unconvincing arguments i've ever seen. You've moved from

>well we don't need shows for it to be popular
to
>well we have this kinda shit manga and joke parody show so that counts
to
>w-well we sell toys hah!

I guess its better for you guys to just live in denial. And 1k-5k is a very low amount so you aren't proving anything.

>>15516782
One every 5 years or so would be acceptable and I mean a series of 26-50 episodes not some 2 episode OVA you watch in 1 hour. Can't believe a robot as cool as Mazinger gets nothing and is dead.
>>
OP. I just want you to name me a single franchise that still gets new content released and is talked about around 40 years after it's debut. Because that's more or less how old Mazinger and Getter are.
Long running shit like OP and Sazae-san which never stopped releasing new episodes doesn't count
>>
>>15516813
>Chogokin whores out all the old Super Robots.
Mazinger is the flagship ip.

>cause a few rich people buy toys of it
That's not the case.

>well we don't need shows for it to be popular
That's correct.

>well we have this kinda shit manga and joke parody show so that counts
Of course they count. You're the one yapping about no Mazinger content in the last 5 years and you've been proven wrong, over and over again.

>w-well we sell toys hah!
That's right. Merchandise counts.

>I guess its better for you guys to just live in denial.
You're the one in denial, even though you were proven wrong over and over again.

>and I mean a series of 26-50 episodes
Fuck off. Who the fuck would want to watch a 50 episode mecha show these days? Only AU Gundamfags do it because they're autistic enough to sit through sheer boredom.
>>
>>15516813
>>well we don't need shows for it to be popular
>to
>>well we have this kinda shit manga and joke parody show so that counts
>to
>>w-well we sell toys hah!
All those are the same argument, though. The popularity carries so far that toy sales, the biggest form of money for pretty much any franchise, are still very healthy despite no mainline anime in a while. The manga has always been popular and both still have pretty healthy popularity and sales, even Ishikawa being dead hasn't stopped Devolution from being a success and after only 13 chapters it's already getting mock ups for toy releases. I can't think of ANY Mazinger manga that wasn't a modest to great success.

>I guess its better for you guys to just live in denial. And 1k-5k is a very low amount so you aren't proving anything.
That's per batch sold just from Amiami, who specializes in overseas selling. Each release goes through several batches and many Mazinger batch goes through like 30k per printing with multiple printings. Tell me, how much would they have to sell in order for you to decide they are popular?

Keep going, you've almost convinced me.
>>
>>15516828
>OP. I just want you to name me a single franchise that still gets new content released and is talked about around 40 years after it's debut.
They are past 40 and heading towards 50 actually. Mazinger turns 45 this year and Getter turns 43.
>>
>>15516081
Gundam is a war epic that allows to make shit up with characters that are tangential to the main story. Yes, the main story is finished, and that's why there's been no new content featuring Char and Amuro since CCA, almost 30 years ago. The only anime where they both show up is actually a prequel, and it retells things that we already knew about Char's past.
The only other anime related to the main story not only doesn't feature the two main characters of the UC, but it makes up a sad excuse to have some kind of military conflict when peace was already achieved in CCA.
Everything else is tangential, because since it's an interplanetary war you can make a lot of shit up. How would you do that with Mazinger? It's impossible. There's no place for side stories because it's all about the robot. The Gundam isn't even one single robot, it's a model that can be mass produced.
Your comparison is bullshit, to be honest.
>>
>>15516813
That's not how anime gets done nowadays. It's usually about 13 episodes. And it makes sense.
In any case, Mazinger is as relevant as it can get for something created in the 70s that belongs to its author and not to some mega enterprise. And I'm relieved that it doesn't belong to Toei, as someone else said, it'd be whored out non stop.
>>
>>15516865
Theres like 50 different Mazingers already. Not hard to make a new one with a new story. That's what they do with all the failed mangas you all keep screeching about.

>>15516842
If the mangas were such a success there would be an anime adaptation in no time. And even 30k sales is still mediocre and I doubt they are even selling that much.
>>
>>15516907
>If the mangas were such a success there would be an anime adaptation in no time.
Says who? Arc was so successful it literally kept the magazine it was kept afloat by itself for over a year, and yet Arc didn't get an anime. Not all popular manga get adaptations, look at Jojo one of the all time most popular manga series in Japan that only had two short OVAs for about 20 some years before it got an anime, that came from the creator just not wanting to license the rights much like how Nagai and Ishikawa didn't want their IPs touched unless they gave approval. Or are you going to claim Jojo also wasn't popular for 20 years?

>And even 30k sales is still mediocre and I doubt they are even selling that much.
Strange since they sell out on Amiami pretty consistently and never sell bad enough for them to drop into the bargain bin. And that's just ONE seller. How much do the figures have to sell in order for you to consider it a success?

Keep going bait-kun I believe in you!
>>
File: ring-ni-kakero-6594127.jpg (194KB, 728x1056px) Image search: [Google]
ring-ni-kakero-6594127.jpg
194KB, 728x1056px
>>15516907
>If the mangas were such a success there would be an anime adaptation in no time
Ring ni Kakero was a huge success for Shounen Jump.

Do you know how long it took them to make an anime adaptation?

27 years.

So please spare me of the bullshit that all popular manga get adapted. Besides, the story in Shin Mazinger ZERO is not suited for anime.
>>
>>15516907
If that's the case, how come we don't have animated Crossbone Gundam yet?

Your argument is so fucking shit, god.
>>
>>15516932
>>15516943
So now the narrative has moved to

>w-w-well in 100 years there will be an anime!

And Ring ni Kakero is literally a no name manga. Who has even read that or cares about it? No one. It's a miracle it got an anime adaptation. Judging by how no one talks about it then it must have sucked.

Jojo was only popular in part 3 the rest were all meh tier arcs and the major popularity only happened as result of the new anime.

>not suited for anime
Everything is suited for anime. It's the evolution and superior form to manga.

Boy I sure hope I finally convinced denial guy.
>>
>>15516955
I'm none of the people you were talking until now but I just want you to know this is literally the dumbest post I've read in the 10 years I've been on /m/,
>>
>>15516955
Do continue digging that hole.
>>
>>15516967
>>15516974
>I have no more arguments the post

Nice one guys. I sure hope this movie leads into a series for once.
>>
>>15516955
>>w-w-well in 100 years there will be an anime!
Hey I never said that, I said that Jojo didn't get an anime for a good long while.

>And Ring ni Kakero is literally a no name manga. Who has even read that or cares about it? No one. It's a miracle it got an anime adaptation. Judging by how no one talks about it then it must have sucked.
Actually Ring Ni Kakero helped make a little known manga become pretty popular. It was called Shounen Jump.

>Jojo was only popular in part 3 the rest were all meh tier arcs and the major popularity only happened as result of the new anime.
I'm not arguing quality, just popularity. And Jojo has been an extremely popular manga for the good 20 or so years before the recent anime despite so little animated world. And hey guess what. Not only is every arc pretty successful/popular but part 5 is as popular as Stardust Crusaders in Japan.

Also please answer how many units does a single figure have to sell in order to be successful in your eyes?

Cmon you almost convinced me before don't start desperately putting words in my mouth. You had better bait before.
>>
>>15516955
>Jojo was only popular in part 3 the rest were all meh tier arcs and the major popularity only happened as result of the new anime
>Everything is suited for anime. It's the evolution and superior form to manga.
Holy shit. This is the most retarded thing I've read in quite a while.
>>
>>15516949
Because Crossbone Gundam sucks ass?
>>
>>15516955
>>15516981
>little known manga
Little known magazine* typo

Also just to clarify I'm not >>15516943 just thought I would mention that fact about Ring ni Kakero. Now please continue, the stage is set for you to show me up.

Work your meme magic, bait-kun!
>>
>>15516984
It doesn't matter what you think. People want Crossbone, and they didn't get it. Your argument is trite, m8. Learn to accept defeat and stop embarrassing yourself any further.
>>
>>15516981
>extremely popular manga for 20 years
No it wasn't. It peaked at part 3 and then is just kinda there doing well enough to survive. It's more popular than Mazinger though i'll give you that. The popularity explosion happened now with the release of the anime.

>>15516982
Jojofag please no one cared about your shit before the anime. I'm glad you are one of the little hipsters who liked it before but its time to be honest here.
>>
>>15516990
Who wants Crossbone? A couple of /m/ posters doesn't mean anything as you can see evidenced here. Everyone here has deluded themselves into thinking Mazinger and Getter is some ultra popular thing and there is no evidence to back it up.
>>
So if new content isn't being churned out it's not popular? What? The movie Frozen was released 4 years ago and it's still popular with kids. Star Wars was popular popular before ep 7 even among people who didn't care about the animated series/extended universe. This is silly.
>>
>>15516998
If no one but a bunch of hipsters cared about JoJo before it was animated, a manga that old would have never been animated nor it would have been able to last this long in manga form. Unpopular manga get axed. If JoJo didn't before the anime and got an anime decades after it started, that means it was popular.
Also anime being a superior medium to manga is retarded given how many shitty adaptations there are that cut out stuff and/or are full of QUALITY
>>
>>15517005
>Who wants Crossbone? A couple of /m/ posters doesn't mean anything as you can see evidenced here.
There was a poll on the official Gundam twitter you dumb shit.
>>
>>15517005
Okay, so your entire crappy argument is that Mazinger and Getter aren't ultra popular (See how no one said that they are "ultra" popular),

so that means we're not allowed to talk about it?

Because that's your entire garbage argument here >>15513871
>>
>>15516998
>No it wasn't. It peaked at part 3 and then is just kinda there doing well enough to survive. It's more popular than Mazinger though i'll give you that. The popularity explosion happened now with the release of the anime.
Friend please stop only answering one part of my post and ignoring the rest, you tried going after my whole post before. Please address the fact that Jojo consistently was a big name seller through out its whole run, the fact that Part 5 ties for the most popular installment.

Please show me there is still a spark between us, don't let our relationship lose its passion already.

Oh yeah how many units does a figure have to sell to be a success?
>>
>>15516955
>>15516998
>I don't know shit about some series, that means it's not popular in Japan.

No, it means you don't know shit, period. And that makes your reasoning completely flawed.
>>
>>15517042
There is no point in me answering that question because the only thing you are going to do is something to the effect of

>XXk

Wow really haha you almost convinced me haha. Keep trying haha XD!

>>15517029
No it's not. You are trying really hard to twist that. I'm just saying it makes no sense for you guys to claim Mazinger and Getter is a huge deal while they get nothing significant released.

>>15517086
Sorry. You need to face facts that Ring no whatever is not all that great or popular.
>>
Because nobody here pays for anything.

Oh and a heads up:

bakaBT is back online.
>>
>>15517123
>for you guys to claim Mazinger and Getter is a huge deal
Point to the posts where anons on /m/ said "Mazinger and Getter are a huge deal"

I'm waiting.
>>
>>15517134
>people spend nearly 100 posts defending it
>nah no one ever said its that popular you have no proof

Wow we are going full circle now I can't believe this.
>>
File: out of touch.jpg (41KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
out of touch.jpg
41KB, 500x534px
>>15515466
>>
>>15517169
>Wow we are going full circle now I can't believe this.
Yeah, I can't believe you would make claims without backing them up.
>>
>>15515679
>The classic "I didn't like it so it wasn't popular" argument
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>15516835
>Who the fuck would want to watch a 50 episode mecha show these days?
I wouldn't mind a 50 episode Getter or Mazinger series.
>>
>>15513871
Getter Robo is super niche. I've lived in Japan for about 10 years, but have never met a single soul who's ever heard of it.
>>
this is literally the same faggot who made the
>why do we hate getter
thread where he keeps continuing to shitpost about how he thinks getter is shit

Fuck you mods
>>
>>15517462
The funny thing is none of them have worked really and all ended up pretty constructive discussions about Getter. All he did was create several threads for us to discuss Getter in.
>>
>>15517698
Keep telling yourself, xpearse. You've said this stupid shit before and it's never been true.
>>
>i live in japan and no one has heard of this getter robo??

It maybe niche now but you obviously haven't been living japan for 10 years.
>>
>>15517462
No i'm not. And i've already destroyed every argument you guys have tried to make.
>>
>replying to trolls
and this is why anonymity is both a curse and a blessing, people who lurk recognize them and don't reply while other people actually reply to these buffoons.
>>
>>15517747
I was having fun seeing the stupid bait he was spitting out but he stopped making it fun and devolved into the standard "Nuh-uh!" childish denial of all arguments so I lost interest.
>>
Permab& xPearse and I guarantee that this board's quality will dramatically increase.
>>
>>15517754
Except that was you. You lost interest cause you lost the argument.

>>15517747
>it's a troll cause I don't like it
Right
>>
>>15517771
I wouldn't be too proud about saying that I'm not a troll if I were you, because if you are not then the only remaining option is that you are extremely stupid.
>>
>>15517771
So, speaking honestly, are you enjoying your new bait-earned attention? Are you glad that a handful of anonymous Internet personalities are acknowledging the fact that you exist?

Good job, if so.
>>
>>15517818
>>15517832
And here's the insults with no real argument once again. I'm glad some people in the thread were able to speak the truth.
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.