[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /m/'s full thoughts on Shin Getter Robo vs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2380.jpg (172KB, 600x634px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2380.jpg
172KB, 600x634px
What are /m/'s full thoughts on Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo?
>>
I think it's the worst getter OVA
>>
>>15512710
I can agree with this but only due to how outstanding Armageddon and New are. Shin Vs Neo is still great but it's easily the weakest Getter OVA.

The biggest criticism I have is that humans look like shit in most of the OVA. I question how the budget went or if Kawagoe intentionally decided to make humans look like shit. For the most part humans can look okay albeit low on detail, but the underground fight scene looks awful and Go looks like a blob.
>>
>>15512706
It's great. Easily the most underrated Getter OVA. Armageddon is great for its insane production values. New is a decent introduction for plebs who can't read. But watching Armageddon for anything other than action is a mistake. New is low budget and all over the place with a story that's too grand for its production.

Shin vs Neo manages to be great in a way that the other two OVAs aren't. Although it's short and its budget isn't as great as Armageddon's, it manages to tell a really solid story with good animation in a short amount of time. As a narrative, it's not as frantic as Armageddon and focuses on more characters than just Ryouma, unlike New. It manages to be light hearted and hotblooded at the same time, unlike Armageddon/New. It also manages to cram a lot of robot action despite it's short episode count.
>>
>>15512706
Why is it called Shin Getter Robo VS Neo Getter Robo when they don't even meet despite shaking hands on the cover
>>
>>15512706
Poster child for good not great.
>>
>>15512710
>>15512725
This
>>
>>15512796
Because it's a vs.

>>15512806
As in?
>>
File: getter robo.jpg (167KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
getter robo.jpg
167KB, 1920x1080px
>>15512725
>humans look like shit
They looked like shit in the manga, too.
>>
>>15512706
Short and sweet, and gets right to the point. one of the more underrated Getter entries in my opinion. I like it better than the other 2 OVAs: the art and animation is gorgeous and the characters are pretty likable despite not being 100% developed.
>>
>>15513928
Yes xpearse, we already know you're retarded. Anything else you'd like to inform us of?
>>
>>15513928
Har har, seriously look at the animation for Go in the first episode of the OVA. From Go kissing the money onwards he progressively becomes a brown blob man. https://youtu.be/qLaGl-Jqs0s?t=9m50s

I feel it came from Kawagoe going for cheaper animation for people in order to make the mecha action amazing, and it really does look fucking gorgeous a lot of the time with mecha being as will animated as they are in the OP which you don't see happen too often, but god damn people can look like shit sometimes in this OVA.
>>
It's worth it for Texas Mack.
>>
>>15513005
>Because it's a vs.
Yeah, I'm gonna need some clarification.
>>
>>15514341
It's a VS. movie. Pretty much 90% of all of them ever made never have the things mentioned in the title really fight each other. Especially /m/ works.
>>
>>15512706
It's definitely the worst Getter OVA, but that's only because of the fact that Armageddon and New are way better. Shin Vs. Neo itself is a fun watch that you can easily spend an afternoon on, and is totally worth checking out, but it's not as good as the other two OVAs.
>>
>>15512706
Childhood is thinking SvN is the worst and Armageddon is the best.

Adulthood is realising Shin vs Neo is the best and Armageddon is garbage.
>>
File: LACA-5024a.jpg (1MB, 3810x1920px) Image search: [Google]
LACA-5024a.jpg
1MB, 3810x1920px
>>15512706
Best opening theme.
>>
>>15514341
Japan uses "vs" a lot for crossovers and team-ups as well. They don't really seem to understand the implication of it.
>>
>>15516395
I'm pretty sure "tai" means "crossover with"
>>
it's a masterpiece.
>>
>>15516380
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzGGT-0DeE0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWwJiyz-2do

Flame and Rising have no right to be as good as they are.
>>
>>15516395
A lot of things do, to be fair.
>>
>>15517468
対 means opposing/versus/against but also "equal terms"
>>
Watched the first episode a few days ago. It was pretty bad, but it was nice to see stuff from Go in it. Does it get better?

>>15513941
>anything else you'd like to inform us of?
That you're boobs are looking a bit angry.
>>
>>15517576
Xpearse, stop shitting up threads. No, it won't get any better for you. Now you can go away.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.