[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

File: hefightsthefires.png (395KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
hefightsthefires.png
395KB, 636x358px
So I want to watch Gundam. What order do I watch the series in, because God knows there's a lot of different seasons.
>>
gee it's not like this thread is in the catalog 5 times
fuck off we're full
>>
Start with 00. If you like it, try Unicorn or SEED.
>>
>>15504822
Start with:
>Movie Trilogy
>Zeta (don't watch the movies)
>ZZ
>Char's Counterattack

Then finish UC or watch AUs.
>>
>>15504845
This
>>
>>15504845
You could start anywhere, despite all the people who insist you need to watch hundreds of episodes of some very mediocre shows first. I'd recommend Unicorn.
>>
File: Gundam Guide.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Guide.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
>>15504822
>>
>>15505205
Unicorn is the climax to the UC story line, idk why you would tell someone who never watched a single gundam show to jump into that one. Unicorn requires you to watched most of the original series
But you know this is probably b8
>>
>>15505226
Because it summarizes anything important about the setting
>>
>>15505205
This is just how I feel, but I have a hard time watching the compilation films. I feel like they run through plot points at a nauseating rate and ,while I understand they are meant for people who've watched the series already, I usually just much prefer the pacing of watching the episodes in a series. I like some of the neat stuff in the added scenes, but even the change in animation quality can be jarring.
>>
>>15505226
>Unicorn requires you to watched most of the original series
No it doesn't, can people stop saying this shit all the time? 0083 doesn't require that you've watched Zeta, Turn A doesn't require that you've watched everything before it, G-Reco doesn't require Turn A and everything before it. It's only direct sequels where you need to go in order - no watching ZZ without Zeta, no Endless Waltz without Wing, no Destiny without SEED, no AWotT without 00.
>>
>>15505658
there's a reason why you didn't mention 0079 after Zeta.Maybe because even though it's not a direct sequel, you must be fucking retard to recommend watching Zeta without going through 0079 firtst.
>>
>>15505816
Nah, that's easily doable. They explain everything.
>Oh that's Amuro Ray, he was an ace pilot on White Base during the war against the Zeons
>Oh that's Bright Noa, he was the captain of White Base during the war against the Zeons
>What's a Newtype?
>Have you ever heard of a man named Char Aznable?

CCA without 0079 is much harder. CCA can be hard to jump into even having seen everything though.
>>
So I made it my mission to consume all the UC a few weeks ago. Then that shit with nyaa went down and now I'm stuck. I managed to grab MSG trilogy, 08 MS team, Zeta, War in the pocket, stardust memory and unicorn before the site shut down. Am I missing some esstential series or am I set with these?
>>
>>15505848
ZZ and CCA.
IGLOO, F91 and Victory would be nice too.
>>
File: 1349227275161.jpg (38KB, 248x247px) Image search: [Google]
1349227275161.jpg
38KB, 248x247px
>>15504822
Why don't you just check which series is the very first on wikipedia and start from there you lazy faggot?
>>
>>15505839
> They explain everything.
so does the wiki. your enjoyment would be severely on multiple points reduced if you didn't watch 0079 first, some examples on the top my head:
>Amuro and Char's reunion
>Amuro and Char talking about Four and Kamille at Kilimanjaro
>Bright and Kamille's relationship
you can't just go saying "oh Char and Amuro had the same thing happened to them" and expect a similar emotional connection.
>>
>>15505232
>Because it summarizes anything important about the setting
CCA does the same thing with his speech at Sweetwater. Still doesn't mean you should jump straight into it
>>
>>15504822
>So I want to watch Gundam. What order do I watch the series in, because God knows there's a lot of different seasons.

M's standard autistic answer : production order. Watch always in production order.
>>
File: 1439943500875.gif (494KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
1439943500875.gif
494KB, 500x324px
>>15504822
>What order do I watch the series in

Mobile Suit Gundam then Origin then 08th then Zeta then finish UC if you want.
>>
>>15506313
>Origin but now Stardust
Ew
>>
>>15506320
Okay, Stardust then Zeta. Better?
>>
>>15506353
Yes
>>
>>15506285
CCA is a different case, because it actually revolves around everything that happened in 0079, Zeta, and ZZ. Unicorn is a different story altogether.
>>
>>15506353
>chronological
>ever
Fuck off, no. You are supposed to know who Jamitov and Bask are.
>>
>>15504842
>>15504845
>>15505049
Only this anon is correct.
>>15506313
>>
Release order. Compilation movies for the original series optional, but the TV series is required.
>>
File: gundam timelines.jpg (499KB, 1280x1028px) Image search: [Google]
gundam timelines.jpg
499KB, 1280x1028px
Follow the Timeline
>>
>>15504845
Movie Trilogy
Zeta Movie Trilogy
Char's Counter Attack.

That's the bare minimum requirement if you want to know what happened in UC gundam and time is a premium.

Otherwise Disregard canon, acquire Production order
>>
>>15504822
Original series first, NOT the movies only faggots watch them over the series. This board has sadly become overrun with newfaggots, hence why you see so many morons unironically recommending it now. Once you're done with that then pick a random OVA to watch, then another TV series, then another OVA, keep at this pace until you've finished all of Gundam. Good luck.
>>
File: gundamguide-apr17.jpg (2MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
gundamguide-apr17.jpg
2MB, 2800x3402px
>>15505220
IBOrager leave. Here's the real chart.
>>
>>15509546
>Original series first, NOT the movies
Lmao there's a reason Gundam was fucking cancelled
>>
>>15509597
I fucking hated IBO, but yeah the OP/ED songs were amazing. Soundtrack was a hit or miss, but the main Iron-Blooded Orphans track is an instant classic.
>>
>>15509546
I second this; series over the films.
>>
>>15509597
this is never really gonna be updated is it? i feel like the original image was the result of a lot of discussion and fans trying to measure out fair pros and cons for each series.
but for the past month i feel like i se at least five IBO threads of people raging at each other about how either the show was a waste of time ans a tragedy on the name of Gundam, or a good show with that tripped over its feet once or twice.
and the same goes of other series too like Thunderbolt or The Origin
>>
>>15505220
Never post this chart again.
>>
How does the Thunderbolt manga compare to the OVA/movie? and vice versa. is one recommended over the other?
>>
File: Updated.jpg (397KB, 1744x1490px) Image search: [Google]
Updated.jpg
397KB, 1744x1490px
>>15509442
>>
>>15509597
Nice troll chart you got there.
>>
>>15509727
Hello therr, fake gundam fan that cannot accept the accurate chart.
>>
>>15509597
That is the wrong chart.
>>
>>15509720
>Thunderbolt or The Origin
They don't stand up to the original imo, but they're far better shows than most of the recent AUs. I'd say they're probably around SEED level
>>
>>15504845
>>15509455
>>15509632
>watch the movies
You might as well read the fucking wiki then if you are not going to watch the series.
Don't even bother with the movies on your first view they are only good for a fresh reminder and highlights at the most. for nostalgia reasons.
>>
>>15509597
>the real chart.
I thought the real chart was the "muh CHAR" and "muh IDEALS" one
>>
>>15509546
>original series first, NOT the movies
Series first, yes, but you should definitely check out the third movie afterward for the expanded A Baoa Qu battle if nothing else.
>>
Does anyone know of some timeline of the individual Gundam suits themselves?
>>
>>15511705
The movies are the Real Robot Gundam Tomino wanted to make, fake fan
>>
>>15511724
Is this what you're looking for?
>>
>>15512206
Got anymore "tism charts?
>>
>>15504822
tangentially related question.
Do I need to watch the first season of Full Metal Panic to understand what happens in The Second Raid?
Because the armslaves and millitary stuff is cool, but man the SoL humour falls flat. I can dig giant robots and I think the premise of sending mercernaries undercover into a high school has potential to be funny. But my suspension of disbelief snapped when Sagahara blatantly exposes himself and doesn't get pulled out immediately.
>>
>>15512689
The Second Raid is a direct sequel to the first season
>>
>>15505839

I started as a child, first with wing, I thought Gundam vesper or whatever, the thing zechs flew after talgese, was cool because it was red. Sometime later my parents found CCA in a store and bought it for me, I watched it and had no idea what was going on, but I liked "the dude with the red robot". A year later my parents got divorced and I moved to japan with my mom, I remember renting out video tapes of the original gundam series because i wanted to see more "red robots", after that I went to Zeta, and eventually to ZZ. and that is how i got into Gundam. As I grew older I rewatched everything to understand the story.
>>
>>15512206
Someone should upload this to the booru.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.