[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the Tekkaman Blade BD still isn't online So /m/ the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

>the Tekkaman Blade BD still isn't online
So /m/ the question is do I purchase the box set, try to find an encoder to encode it, and send it to them to put it online.
Or do I continue sitting on my hands waiting for some nip to upload it before I watch the series, I've heard a lot of good things about it but I really don't want to watch 480p rips.
>>
>>15502396

The one I'm waiting for is Iczer-1.
>>
>>15502396
>buying expensive shit for a series you've never seen before
Moron. Also, TB is not a particularly good looking show for the most part. 480p is more than serviceable for the vast majority of the action in that show.
>>
>>15502593
This.

The artwork fluctuates so much that really can take you out of the mood that the series tries to set.

And it's not like modern stuff where the quality can dip a little... It's totally different animation studios and styles.

Anything more than the DVD sets is extravagance that isn't required.

I still love the series, but it is the biggest, glaring fault of the series.
>>
>>15502614
I don't know, it never really did that for me. Then again, I've watched a lot of shit in 144p, so my ability to judge somethings visual quality is fucked.
>>
>>15502593
>>15502614
Why the fuck did TB look so bad? When the animation was good (20% of the time), it was great, but when it was bad it was fucking awful (80% of the time). Action scenes were poorly choreographed and animated and sometimes literally just consisted of static cutouts of the characters being "moved" across still images while sound effects played in order to simulate attacks. Characters frequently went off-model. The flat coloring and character designs often made the show look like it came out of a time-warp from the 70s. I don't know if they were pressed for time, money, or what the fuck happened, because other shows that aired around the same time don't look nearly as bad (at least on average). Da Garn looked better on a per-episode basis and had roughly the same amount of episodes, to say nothing of non-mecha shows like Sailor Moon or Yu Yu Hakusho. Granted, the standout episodes (typically the ones featuring Evil) were very well storyboarded and animated, but even the climactic battle between Takaya and Shinya was pretty fucking dry in terms of choreography, animation, storyboarding and direction. It was a real letdown, especially since most of the series was building to that moment. At least the OPs were bitchin thanks to Obari.

I still enjoyed the show in spite of it looking like shit but that was thanks to its strong narrative more than anything else.
>>
>>15503042
It's Tatsunoko, so being low-budget in animation is expected of them. They haven't really done much TV work in the 90s and it shows.

Hell, the only reason why the later climactic episodes looked so good was because of Obari's students and colleagues being drafted in.
>>
>>15502593
>TB is not a particularly good looking show for the most part. 480p is more than serviceable for the vast majority of the action in that show.
I'm so tired of seeing stuff like this. The show is on film so it looks much better on BD.
>>
>>15502396
>>15502566
On my end, I hope somebody tries to get Red Baron. That one sorely needs better rips.
>>
I think someone already did a couple of episodes on blu-ray last year
I have no idea if the project is still ongoing
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.