[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think of the Machine Robo franchise? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 57930_p0.jpg (164KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
57930_p0.jpg
164KB, 1500x1000px
What does /m/ think of the Machine Robo franchise?

I've seen Revenge of cronos and Battlehackers and those were pretty enjoyable, I've yet to see rescue but it looks alright.
>>
I've only seen Revenge of Chronos, but I enjoyed it a bit.
I liked the early parts where literally anything could happen at any time.
>>
Revenge of Cronos is amazing visually.
>>
>>15501239
Been curious on Revenge of Chronos since I'm a fan of Transformersy Brave shit and it seems to have 80s as hell humans in power armor tearing giant mecha a new one - I'm aware they get upgrades to be on the level of the main sentient bots, too. Is it even all subbed, or do I have to break out the crabsticks?

BARRUL HACKUHZ has a hilarious OP.
>>
>>15501239
You seriously consider Battle Hacker to be enjoyable? I'm curious what you like about it. No trying to be hostile even, it just doesn't have anything I can think of that would be appealing. Nor have I ever heard anyone else say anything positive about it at all.

Chronos is tons of fun though. Bad in all the funniest ways while having great music, over the top characters, and occasionally good action. I great example of a show that's very enjoyable in spite of obvious, glaring flaws.
>>
>>15501467
It's crabstick time, yes.

>>15501479
Blue Jet alone is hilarious.
>only thing blue about him is his glasses
>tells every woman he meets that she is the one for him, only for them to be ditched every time
>>
>>15501479
It wasn't as memorable as Revenge of cronos, but I really like the mech designs and action of battlehackers, and I thought the characters weren't too bad.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-05-06-15h56m08s157.png (408KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-05-06-15h56m08s157.png
408KB, 640x482px
>>15501467
You'll definitely like Machine robo, it's kinda like fist of the north star with mechs, complete with robots that act like mohawk thugs from HnK
>>
File: 61NFLAWmGzL.jpg (65KB, 352x500px)
61NFLAWmGzL.jpg
65KB, 352x500px
Is there any love for rescue though?
>>
>>15501661
That alone makes it deserving of a resub. Maybe Discotek might rescue it, if they continue to grab CPM's leftovers after the Dancougar deal.
>>
Revenge of Chronos is my favorite anime that I've never seen. I love the opening, and some of the art is really cool. It seems like it was made by a bunch of people who just wanted to draw cool robots.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx1zjxnsYo3WYN_3m364IIzn5j4049jCV

Found a compilation of okayish subs for the whole RoC series. Some of it might be off but it's barely crabsticks. Also the eps are out of order but all there.
>>
>>15503032
Sounds cool then, thanks. Between this and Gulkeeva, YT is a strange best option for watching shows in non-crabsticks.
>>
File: shocked_machine_robo.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
shocked_machine_robo.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
>>15501696
At least as far as the human side of things goes, it was a pretty fun series.

The mecha aspect was pretty underwhelming though. Despite being sentient, the Machine Robos were barely characters. The CG was also awful. The simple rock-paper-scissors finisher was pretty bland.
>>
File: baikanfu6.jpg (120KB, 960x748px)
baikanfu6.jpg
120KB, 960x748px
Thanks to you now Baikanfu's themesong is stuck in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do320nr5hy4
>>
>>15503448
This is odd, since Sonoda did indeed write for SOC and BH before this. Maybe he only does characterization for the robots if humans are the minority?

Then again, the director was never involved with Machine Robo and the only noteworthy sentient robot thing he was involved with was a Medarot episode.
>>
>>15502456
Objectively speaking, it's not really that great. The animation is dodgy and the plot is, at best, kind of stupid.

However, there's tons of cool ideas in there, which is why it's always a nice addition in SRW.
>>
>>15503448
sounds like the mech part of it is on par with exkaiser and fighbird in that regard
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.