[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone actually explain what's actually good about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

Can someone actually explain what's actually good about TTGL?

It has shitty fights, shitty characters, a shitty predictable story, shitty music for 12 years old, shitty childish mecha designs.

And no, even if it wasn't popular, I would still think it's bad. Great Dangaioh and Diebuster were fucking awful, and they're rather obscure as well. Well, Diebuster is known a bit more thanks to Gunbuster, but other than that it's a pile of trash.
>>
File: 1494016730793.png (219KB, 827x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1494016730793.png
219KB, 827x1050px
Keep on making these threads my dude, I'm sure you'll get the answer you want eventually. But no seriously, go fuck yourself this bait is getting pretty fucking stale.
>>
Reminder that the TTGLrager admits to wanting to see /m/ die
>>
>>15500027
The mecha itself was pretty cool, but thats about it.
>>
>>15500066
>>15500156
>only one person can have a partucular opinion about a series

Neck yourselves.
>>
>>15500444
No, I know for a fact many people on /m/ don't like TTGL and that's fine. What's setting obvious red flags is multiple bait threads within a short time frame about a decade old show with no news and no reason to bring it up.
>>
>>15500444
>>15500511
Oh yeah, and don't think we can't tell the "TTGL is objectively the best" thread is one of yours too.
>>
>>15500027
>Shitty fights
Hey, it could be worse. At least it HAS fights, unlike a certain Real Robot series that ended lately. Come back when the Barbatos is trading blows that actually feel like they have impact or throwing galaxies like frisbees, my dude.
>Shitty characters
Maybe for like... the first four episodes. The main characters tended to grow and become far more likable. Imagine if Shinji became Captain Fucking Harlock, and you basically have an idea of his growth. As for the side characters, I've never met a person who didn't like Artenborough.
> A shitty predictable story
You mean, you read spoilers online? I doubt you predicted that Nia would turn evil (within the context of the story itself, I have to admit the opening ruined that) or Viral piloting Gurren, or that the moon itself was a Gunmen, OR that the Multi-Dimensional Labyrinth even existed. That last one got literally zero foreshadowing. I also really liked the coming of age story. It might be because the first time I watched it I was around Simon's age, but I can really relate to it even now.
>Shitty music for 12 year olds
Yes, because orchestra music is clearly something 12 year olds like. Sure, Anon. "Minna No Peace" is probably my second favorite ending theme in any anime, next to "Ride on Shooting Star" by FLCL.
>Shitty childish mecha designs
I hear this one a lot and I don't really get it. The mecha designs are supposed to emphasize the face of the Gunman, which makes them feel like their own characters. NO, that's not me talking out of my ass, that's me quoting the booklets from the Blu-Rays. That's why the Mugann feel so inhuman when they show up, which serves as a great foil. Also, what fucking kid would have watched Evangelion?
>Diebuster was awful
Yes, because ALL mecha shows have to be gritty and serious and can't ever make you feel happy.
>>
>>15500511
>opinions are bait
Sure.

>>15500520
That one is mine, this one is not. I know you're too delusional to accept that fact, but there it is.
>>
>>15500544
>Admits to actively trying to ruin the board by spamming shit threads
It writes itself
>>
>>15500544
Well congrats on inspiring more people to treat /m/ as a shitpost playground instead of an image board then. I guess it's time for me to give up and play along.

FUCK YOU TTGL SHITS ALL OVER YOUR SPIC ROBO KEK

How was that? I think typing that killed part of my soul, but maybe someday I'll be numb to it like you.
>>
>>15500564
>threads I don't like are shit
Okay.

>>15500575
Bitch and moan all you want, facts will be facts. Also, you are correct, even if posting that ironically.
>>
>>15500027
It's loud. It's flashy. It doesn't have much of a plot so you can switch your brain off.

I can see the appeal.
>>
>>15500575
Thanks to this thread, now we know that Pablo is the one behind all the getter shitposting.

You need to go back.
>>
>>15500575
Image boards are shitpost playgrounds. Were are you from?

I see this a lot. There was never a mythical age were 4chan was good.
>>
>>15500638
>so you can switch your brain off
I hate this meme

>>15500646
But the important question is, was it better
>>
>>15500027
>shitty childish mecha designs
That may apply with the questionable placement of Dai-Guren's artillery platform (insert 'lol penis' joke here), but the rest... Gonna have to disagree with you on that one.

I personally am not the biggest fan of the show, but I can see why other people might like it. This just feels like someone hating it for the same of hating it. Also, you forgot to bring up the animation in your post, OP.
>>
>>15500646

Why do they have different names then?
>>
>>15500027
>And no, even if it wasn't popular, I would still think it's bad.
If /m/ has taught me anything, it's that this is an outright lie.
>>
Diebuster was good you cunt
>>
>>15503930
>Diebuster
>good
It was boring as fuck.
>>
>>15500538
Nia was objectively utter shit and that never changed. Literally one of the top characters on my shit list.
>>
File: pledge to protect.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pledge to protect.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
>"Minna No Peace" is probably my second favorite ending theme in any anime, next to "Ride on Shooting Star" by FLCL.
>>
> shitty fights
TTGL was like the only mech in the decade that had any fights that weren't shit.
I don't particularly like TTGL or its insane "DA GREATEST MECH OF ALL TIME" fanbase, but come on.
It had its moments.
>>
>>15510001
>TTGL was like the only mech in the decade that had any fights that weren't shit.
This is b8.

Tell me more about those fights again. Sure was it fun to watch two colliding objects collide while the opponents do boring monologues. Because that's totally what people wanted to see, and not you know, an actual battle with moves and basic choreography.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.