[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has finally settled, what did YOU think about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: IBO.png (427KB, 636x450px) Image search: [Google]
IBO.png
427KB, 636x450px
Now that the dust has finally settled, what did YOU think about IBO in terms of:

>STORY
>CHARACTERS
>SETTING
>MECHA DESIGNS
>ART & ANIMATION
>SOUND
>ENJOYMENT
>OVERALL
>>
>>15499891
You're a month fucking late; It sucks
>>
File: 1490939191616.png (787KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1490939191616.png
787KB, 1280x738px
>>15499891
>Story
Meh
>Characters
I liked Chocolate
>Setting
Boring
>Mecha Designs
Decent
>Art/Animation
Shit
>Sound
Pretty good soundtrack
>Enjoyment
Pretty good
>Overall
6/10- Was watchable
>>
>>15499891
>Now that the dust has finally settled, what did YOU think about IBO in terms of:>STORY
>CHARACTERS
>SETTING
>MECHA DESIGNS
>ART & ANIMATION
>SOUND
>ENJOYMENT
>OVERALL

Here goes :
Bad
Incredibly stupid
Interesting
Horrible
F, Sunrise hire some real artistis and not monkeys
Passable
Zero. First season is static, second season is WTF.
If you suck Okada's and Nagai's private parts I think you'll do okay. Otherwise IBO is fucking shit from top to bottom.
>>
>STORY
B
>CHARACTERS
A
>SETTING
A
>MECHA DESIGNS
A
>ART & ANIMATION
B
>SOUND
C
>ENJOYMENT
B
>OVERALL
B

On Sound, I only ever noticed three background music tracks. Very, very forgettable, but at least it wasn't bad.
>>
>>15499900
The soundtrack is great but it's kinda neglected in the show making them somewhat unremarkable except that theme where Dainsleifs were appear and used.
>>
>>15499891
It wasn't enjoyable to watch and a waste of 50 episodes.

Next time hire better writers and a director who isn't actually retarded.
>>
>>15499891
Bad xcept for maybe Ein and Galan, very bad, standard, atrocious outside f backgrounds, earrape, nothing, and terrible overall in that order.
>>
>>15499948
Fake gundam fan detected
>>
>>15499891
>STORY
Waste of time
>CHARACTERS
One-dimensional
>SETTING
Pretty good
>MECHA DESIGNS
Pretty good
>ART & ANIMATION
Alternates between acceptable and absolute crap
>SOUND
Nothing special
>ENJOYMENT
Fell asleep multiple times
>OVERALL
What's happening onscreen and why should I care?
>>
File: Bael.jpg (1MB, 1260x2331px) Image search: [Google]
Bael.jpg
1MB, 1260x2331px
>>15499891

>Story
Passable
>Characters
Only liked McGillis and Gaelio, rest were flat
>Setting
Underwhelming
>Mecha Designs
Great
>Sound
Pretty good
>Enjoyment
Passable
>Overall
6-7/10 series
>>
File: IMG_20170506_225601.jpg (462KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170506_225601.jpg
462KB, 2048x1536px
I can't believe the radio show is STILL going on.

Just let it die already...
>>
>>15499891
>Boring
>McGillis and Gaelio were alright the rest of the cast is shit
>Ok
>Good
>Trash
>Mediocre
>It was written by a terrible writer so no enjoyment

5/10 and I'm being pretty nice to it.
>>
File: 1491576993941.jpg (105KB, 600x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1491576993941.jpg
105KB, 600x1004px
>>15499891

>STORY
Wasted potential with the usual pacing issues.

>CHARACTERS
Gali and Micky were the real stars of the show. I also liked Mika and all his murderautism.

>SETTING
See story. There's a whole lot they could have done with the story, but they took the most boring option for whatever reason.Give me a prequel set during the Calamity War.

>MECHA DESIGNS
Fantastic.

>ART & ANIMATION
Poor

>SOUND
OPs were great. The first ED was gold.

>ENJOYMENT
There were parts of it I enjoyed but I can't ignore the show's flaws.

>OVERALL
It was decent. I'd like to see more with better writing.
>>
>>15499891
>>STORY
Choppy short arcs with very little build up but occasionally with a good pay off. Only arc that felt like it developed naturally was the last one up until the epilogue.
>>CHARACTERS
Mika/Orga/Guts were great. Mika actually felt like he had a better reason for being a sociopath, giving his living situation, than someone like Heero.
>>SETTING
The setting is fantastic, but completely underused. They never use Mars to it's fullest, and the lore never actually effects the main plot.
>>MECHA DESIGNS
Good, not great. There's nothing I love, a few I like, but nothing I hate.
>>ART & ANIMATION
Ha.
>>SOUND
Good soundtrack, shitty OPs, godlike ED.
>>ENJOYMENT
Watching it week to week was fun, but I don't know if it would hold up on a rewatch.
>>OVERALL
It's definitely not the best, it's far from the worst.
>>
>>15499891

I think IBO possibly has my favorite 'final arc' in Gundam. I didn't like the characters, so I was glad they got their comeuppance.

I mean, what the fuck were they expecting? Most shows let the protagonists skate with no plan, due to copious amounts of asspulls and bullshit. Here, they overreached and they got out fucking skilled.
>>
>>15500211
>you disagree lol fake fan
>you agree lol bandwagon
>>
File: ibo.png (542KB, 626x852px) Image search: [Google]
ibo.png
542KB, 626x852px
SEE YOU AT THE MOVIE!!
>>
>>15500211
You got me. I only really like G-Reco. The epitome of storytelling.
>>
>OP1 and 3 shit on the others
>killed all the best waifus (Kudelia is fine though)
>Mika didn't impregnate both girls
>>
File: 77lv7no.jpg (31KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
77lv7no.jpg
31KB, 640x360px
Best character in whole Gendum history
>>
>>15500410
>I think IBO possibly has my favorite 'final arc' in Gundam
>not the original 0079
0079's last arc is easily amongst the best television that I've ever seen. I don't see how you could prefer IBO's last arc (which was only good for shitposting imo) to 0079's
>>
>>15500513
He said his 'favorite', not 'the best'
>>
>STORY
C+ The setting is fucking ripe for side stories that exceed the actual shows plot, and the show itself failed to exploit the cool elements of the universe like maybe a mobile armor invasion or more information on the other noble houses.
>CHARACTERS
B- I liked Gaelio because it was a good fall from grace, fight back to get revenge plot. Mika was a flat character who needed a good cast to back him up, like how Kamen Rider Kabuto had a good cast backing up Tendou, but it just didn't happen because there was no deuteragaonist, which I expected in Hush.
>SETTING
A-. Fucking exploitable as said above
>MECHA DESIGNS
B+ I like the look of the Vidar, but fucking Barbatos devolved after he started getting tails and chimp arms
>ART & ANIMATION
C It was crap.
>SOUND
B Average as average can get.
>ENJOYMENT
B- It was meh, I dropped the first season halfway, and I just skimmed the second season and only really got back in it during the last arc which was probably the best.
>OVERALL
B- Below average but not as shit as everyone says it is. I don't want a movie or side story focussing on this era in this setting in particular. I want a movie in the past to show that the universe had been great and noble at one point, and then it degenerated after the mobile armors were defeated. That way when you look back at the show after watching the movie or the side show you get a sense its a real dark age and is just degenerating. It was sort of hinted at in the show itself, so I want it emphasized in future shit if it does happen.
>>
>>15500436
what dis?
>>
>>15500573
oh nvm i just watched the vid.. looks like theyre doing a theatrical version
>>
>>15499891
>Story
The concept was great, excecution ranged from meh to braindead
>Characters
The only characters in this show were Gali gali and choco-Char
>Art/Animation
Shit
>Sound
Great soundtrack
>Overall
not an unwatchable mess/10
>>
>>15500545
>B- Below average
There's something a little off about what grades you define as average
>>
>>15499891
>STORY

Ehh depends. Face value it's pretty weak but then I look at it through like it would apply to real world child soldiers and it becomes an interesting take on the effects indoctrination and the need to survive can play on a child's mind. It does a good job at misleading the audience, to make them feel Tekkadan is justified when in reality Orga would be seen as exploiting his men by real world standards.

>CHARACTERS
Some of the side characters are great, but most aren't fleshed out enough.

>SETTING

Interesting

>MECHA DESIGNS

Love them.

>ART & ANIMATION

A lot of the character designs don't look like they belong in the same show.

>SOUND

Mixed. Love some songs, hate others.

>ENJOYMENT

S1 was a chore to get through, s2 was better and had some nice payoffs.

>OVERALL

7/10.
>>
>>15500373
Thanks for saving me the time of typing all that out, I think I agree with just about everything in this post. Especially:
>STORY
>Choppy short arcs with very little build up but occasionally with a good pay off. Only arc that felt like it developed naturally was the last one up until the epilogue.

Also, reminder of the best thing to come out of IBO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjgsE_blaOg
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.