[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Char clone thread. Who's your favourite Char clone? Who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13

File: charclones.jpg (107KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
charclones.jpg
107KB, 500x500px
Char clone thread.

Who's your favourite Char clone?
Who was the shittest, most pointless Char clone?
If you were writing a Gundam story, what would your masked character do?
What type of mask is best - eye mask, balaclava or weird golden masquerade mask with wig?
>>
File: Shindou_s.png (148KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Shindou_s.png
148KB, 512x512px
>>15497427
>>
>>15497436
A RIVER IN A DRY LAND
>>
>>15497437
THE LAST ACE IN A LOST HAND
>>
>>15497436
>Dresses like Char
>Wears the helmet of Principality
>Took excerpts from the Dakar speech for his campaign
>Has three times more turns than the average person
>Has three forms
>Rides a golden lion made up of 100 bodies
>the lion has three forms too
>transforms into his second form with ZAKU for a henshin sound effect
>transforms into his third for with SAZAAABI for his henshin sound effect
>has a special kick attack
>wears sunglasses in public
>abused newtype like psychic powers and the people who had them
>never betrayed anyone in his life
>doesn't dwell on the mistakes of youth
>his bastard son only has the misfortune of his birth to blame
>is voiced by Ikeda
>got beat up by a young guy with fuzzy hair
>same fuzzy haired guy beats the final boss with a last shooting through the head

Has there ever been a more complete Char clone?
>>
>>15497427
>Who's your favourite Char clone?
Harry Ord and Schwarze Bruder.

>Who was the shittest, most pointless Char clone?
Neo; not for shittest, but most pointless by a damn mile. We could have had an actual EA character in the main series that wasn't a deranged war-crazy bastard or a spastic retard.

>If you were writing a Gundam story, what would your masked character do?
What Harry and Schwarze did.

>What type of mask is best - eye mask, balaclava or weird golden masquerade mask with wig?
Shades are fine, but Asher's Hentai Kamen disguise has its own charm - which it wouldn't be and would be a legitimate part of his wear if he'd included his helmet most of the time.
>>
>>15497427
Can Bruder really be considered a Char Clone? He has some of the elements, but the main aspect of being the rival bad guy isn't there. That goes to Master Asia.
>>
My ideal char clone is an ara ara~ brunette gynoid with a lithe body and motherly disposition. She starts off wearing thick sunglasses all the time then devolves into a chrome quarter mask over her right eye.

she also has a Full Frontal counterpart later on who is identical design-wise but noticeably younger and much more genki
>>
>>15497427
Nobody beats the original
Black-haired kid voiced by Lelouch in Case Irvine
Be a main hero, organize space guerrillas.
>What type of mask is best - eye mask, balaclava or weird golden masquerade mask with wig?
From the practical point of view - balaclava and maybe military eyepro like ESS ICE
>>
>>15497427
Rau Le Crescent. Mainly because we didn't figure his agenda to the very end and when we did, his actions made a lot more sense.
Neo. Just fucking Neo. He was the worse Char Clone to ever exist both because of his origin and writing.
Honestly, I'd have the three aspects of Char in a series. The first would be the rival character, a more personal character for the MC. The second would be a mentor character to the rest of the crew. The third would be the main villain, one who would wish for the damnation for the world.
Honestly, I am a fan of Helmet and a mask.
>>
File: giphy.gif (974KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
974KB, 500x281px
>>15497556
>Rau Le Crescent. Mainly because we didn't figure his agenda to the very end and when we did, his actions made a lot more sense.

Always perplexes me how people can take Rau's rant as anything more than the ramblings of a butthurt clone. He does nothing throughout the majority of SEED and comes off as a mustache twirling villain in the final act. Its no surprise he isn't brought up a lot because he isn't given any characterization.
>>
>>15497567
>how people can take Rau's rant as anything more than the ramblings of a butthurt clone.
Isn't that the point of a lot of clone debates?
You can't really blame them for being "butthurt" when they're fucking made that way.
>>
File: FuckYouChar.gif (317KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
FuckYouChar.gif
317KB, 500x375px
>>15497427
Rau
Zeheart
Be a Luchador wrestler turned Gundam pilot
One that actually obscures the face
>>
>>15497567
Of course, he was fucking insane. However, when you realize just how much shit he was really responsible for, like constantly escalating the war, aiding Blue Cosmos, giving Earth their nuclear capabilities back, ensuring that ZAFT has a superweapon...

Hell, even in Destiny he haunts us, his ghost being responsible for the whole 'Destiny Plan' shit, Rey and so on. That is what appeals to me.

He is almost Lucifer like in that he has poisoned the minds of others. To nearly all who saw him, he seemed to be quite sane, even charming. Yet, he actually was a complete monster corrupting, twisting them and his influence is felt throughout the century. What also helps sell it is that his whole origin scene was one of the genuinely horrifying things about SEED. His insane ramblings, the use of past events, the lab, it all creates a very horrifying image about this century which if the writers were any good, they would have fucking used.
>>
>>15497427
Rau
McGills
No idea
don't care
>>
File: Rau.jpg (183KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Rau.jpg
183KB, 700x700px
>>15497567
>Always perplexes me how people can take Rau's rant as anything more than the ramblings of a butthurt clone.

The whole show serves as political wallpaper to make Rau's character sort of shine in the last six episodes.
>>
>>15497495
Good taste.
>>
>>15497593
I don't know if I'd compare him directly to Lucifer, but he is a huge influence on Durandal. That's because his nihilism, that humans will continue to fight and kill at ever larger scales, is essentially true.

Durandal finds this unacceptable, but also is too tied to the world to simply find blowing it up acceptable. This pushes him into putting together the Destiny Plan, as he sees it as the only way to avoid Rau's prophecy. Kira stops and rejects this plan because he considers human freedom more important.

Taken all together, Rau was the main villain for both Seed and Destiny. That's an accomplishment unmatched by any other Char Clone, or even Char himself.
>>
>>15497621
>>15497593
>He's right for pointing out the same conclusion the audience figured out episodes ago
Uh-huh he's just a butthurt clone is all
>>15497652
>Taken all together, Rau was the main villain for both Seed and Destiny.
You know what? I take it back. Rustalfags aren't the worst characterfags on /m/ anymore.
>>
>>15497670
You're the worst person on /m/, you piece of shit.

Why don't you hurry up and kill yourself? No one will miss you.
>>
>>15497556

> Mainly because we didn't figure his agenda to the very end

We didn't figure it out because we're not given any real clues until they actually reveal his backstory. It's not hard to make it difficult to figure out if you don't provide any clues.
>>
What non-Gundam shows have char clones?
>>
File: RauLaugh.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
RauLaugh.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>15497670

Not my problem you can't into character depth or basic story telling.
>>
>>15497759

Code Geass is really a big glaring example.
>>
>>15497670
>characterfags
Please, keep pretending this is a thing that exists, it amuses me.
>>
>>15497759
plenty of shows, from Yakitate Japan to Keijo
>>
>>15497427
Either Rau or Zechs.

Chronicle, by far.

Probably something like Zechs went through, honestly.

Eye mask.
>>
>>15497495

Ord is a Quattro clone, not a Char clone.

Yes, there is a difference.
>>
File: Rau-Le-Creuset.jpg (39KB, 627x353px) Image search: [Google]
Rau-Le-Creuset.jpg
39KB, 627x353px
>>15497427
>>
>>15497593
I really love that Rau is essentially responsible for Durandal. In his debate over mankind and fate, he thoroughly defeats Durandal. I love the flashback episode in Destiny which shows Rau's influence on Durandal. And the whole converasation begins and ends with a game of chess and while Durandal is a chessmaster type of character, the scene ends with his king piece being knocked over to show how he was philosphically defeated as well. It's not often you see the chessmaster character losing (not until the very end and it's usually by the heroes). And yet, despite now fully sharing Rau's ideals by the time the show starts, instead of just following Rau's footsteps and trying to do the same, Durandal tries to prevent humanity's end and tries to set up an authoritarian state. The best part is that he doesn't necessarily even frame it as some sort of utopia, just as the only means of surviving.
>>
My char wold be a Ple clone. Grown up and head of a pirate group raiding the outer planets.
>>
>Rau is good because he's a strawman that accomplishes nothing

Only on /m/
>>
>>15497768
>character depth
>Fukuda
When you realize that Rau only exists to make Kira out to be ecen more of a shining beacon to light a dark world he seems less cool.
>>
>>15497469
No and it was the best thing about P5.
>>
>>15498083
Maybe if you weren't so busy prejudging Seed you'd realize there's more in it then Jesus Yamato. The ultimate coordinator thing is never of brought up as something Kira should be proud of, and it's not brought up at all in Destiny.
>>
File: meijin kawaguchi III.jpg (75KB, 500x416px) Image search: [Google]
meijin kawaguchi III.jpg
75KB, 500x416px
>>15497427
Meijin Kawaguchi III is best char clone
>>
>>15497987
considering how the cosmic era goes, durandal literally did nothing wrong

also mars blue cosmos too
>>
>>15498083

But he's not. He's a filthy little mistake of the era Rau is correct about.

If either faction knew about his creation he would become the most sought after pile of genetics around which would only lead to more division.
>>
Harry, for sure.
>>
>>15497427
I really liked Graham, mostly because the subs I watched 00 in translated shonen as young lad which I loved.
Also, he's not in the list but Yuuki from Build Fighters is tied with Graham for best Char clone.
Chronicle, he fucking sucked.
Act like Char I guess.
Eye mask
>>
>>15497462

A HEARTBEAT FOR A TIN MAN!
>>
Cronicle because he's stupid or crazy enough to wear his sister's panties on his head.
>>
Captain Mask is the shittiest Char Clone. What a fucking jobber!
>>
File: GaliVsMacky.jpg (355KB, 1157x1920px) Image search: [Google]
GaliVsMacky.jpg
355KB, 1157x1920px
>>15497427

Where do McGillis and Gaelio stand on this chart in finality with the rest? Do either or both count as Char characters technically?

Like i'll be honest, Gali seems to deserve it a little more to me in IBO for actually wearing the mask for more than three episodes unlike McGillis who only ever wears the Montag mask about four times.
>>
>>15497469
Wow, I should get Persona 5 just for this.
>>
>>15498214
>The ultimate coordinator thing is never of brought up as something Kira should be proud of,
And he becomes more than that rather than lamenting. Rau's words don't even effect Kira that much and apparently Rau's greatest achievement is creating a shitty villain in Destiny
>>15498441
>He's a filthy little mistake of the era Rau is correct about.
So what? He proved him wrong by becoming something beyond his setup instead of just whining for being a clone.
>>
>>15498737
McGillis is the actual Char Clone. Gali should have died in the first season since he does nothing throughout the S2
>>
File: Montag.jpg (223KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Montag.jpg
223KB, 720x405px
>>15498811

>Gali should have died in the first season since he does nothing throughout the S2

You just described exactly what McGillis does throughout S1 as well though?
>>
File: 1253427139171.jpg (540KB, 1177x2011px) Image search: [Google]
1253427139171.jpg
540KB, 1177x2011px
>>15497427
Not counting the original? Zechs was my first Char so there's points for that, and I really liked Graham before becoming Mr. Bushido. Haven't seen Turn A yet, but I've heard Harry is pretty great.

Mr. Bushido, out of the one's I've seen anyway.

Turncoat

Eye mask is more classic for a Char, but a balaclava is cooler in general.

Honorable mention goes to dapper cyborg char
>>
>>15497969

Wouldn't a Quattro clone have to have a mentor-like role to the main character? I don't recall Harry ever interacting that much or as significantly with Loran.

Schwarz would be the closer Quattro clone even, if not for the full mask and that he pops smoke and leaves everytime he's done with Domon for the moment.
>>
>>15498875
>That pic

You're that ninja?!
>>
>>15498875
Technically that's not a Char clone, that is Char?

I think?
>>
File: makoto butt 1.jpg (135KB, 504x918px) Image search: [Google]
makoto butt 1.jpg
135KB, 504x918px
>>15498756
>Wow, I should get Persona 5 just for this.

There are other good reasons to play
>>
>>15497567
>mustache twirling villain
The fuck is wrong with that? Not every villain has to be deep and tragic. Sometimes all it takes is to just be evil and have a hell of a time doing it.
>>
>>15499559
>Sometimes all it takes is to just be evil and have a hell of a time doing it.
Yeah that's why people love the villains in A/Z right?
>>
>>15497427
The fact they're not in order bugs me.
>>
>>15497427

It's honestly been so long since I've seen any Gundam I really don't remember what any of them did or their character. But based on looks alone I like Zechs the most, especially that helmet.
>>
>>15497427
My favourite is the original.
>>
>>15497427
>Favorite
As much as I dislike Wing I think Zechs is the best char clone.

>Worst
Mr. Bushido by far. He's pointless and useless.

The ideal char clone for me is a social climber with revolutionist ideals. Basically Reinhard with a mask.

>Type of mask
This depends on the tone of the story really
>>
Mask is my favourite "Char" simply because I've seen so many guys like him IRL
>PRIVELIDGED DICTATOR REEEEEEE
>>
>>15497427
Full Frontal

Quattro

Drop a colony

I like Mister Bushido's ad Neo's
>>
>>15499791

> Char is a Char clone
>>
>>15497537
>Black-haired kid voiced by Lelouch in Case Irvine
Dude, fuck that guy. The OVA was SEEDifed and chuuni as fuck but he made me turn it the fuck off, and I normally like Lelouch.
>>
>>15499802
>Reinhard with a mask
Yessss
>>
>>15499860
>Quattro
see
>>15499877
>>
>>15498441
>>15497768
>Azrael
KILL ALL COORDINATORS!
>Zala
KILL ALL NATURALS!
Rau
KILL EVERYTHING!

Wow. such depth.

>>15499559
Then they shouldn't have tried to give him a tragic backstory at all. Rau had barely any presence and absolutely no characterization besides "0079 flavor smug char clone."

Then in the very final stretch, he's suddenly this omnicidal maniac that wants to take the entire world with him. No build up, nothing, he was secretely batshit insane all along.

That's not enjoyable, that's dumb.
>>
>>15497427

I'm surprised after all these Gundam series we haven't had the masked character either be an evil identical twin brother cliche, or masked character kills the main character then becomes the lead.
>>
>>15501021
Most of them involve politics and war stuff already, so evil twin would just seem out of nowhere.
>>
>>15501021
>masked character kills the main character then becomes the lead
The 0079 novel almost had that.
>>
>>15501056

Alright mexican telenovela gundama will do it.
>>
File: 991e02ad.jpg (45KB, 600x373px) Image search: [Google]
991e02ad.jpg
45KB, 600x373px
>>15501096
So the original was a more complex twist on the archetype he created than all his copycats?

My favorite is Harry Ord, mostly for being his own character entirely.
>>
>>15501021
Guess you never read G-Unit then.
>>
>>15499433

Not really. He's already a sunglasses wearing ally that pilots a gold colored mobile suit: he doesn't need to match the profile 100% to be a Quattro inspired clone. And while he's not a mentor, he is an aspirational and inspirational character for Loran, who obviously loves the fact Harry is Dianna's knight and protector, the Royal Knights as a whole as well as the way Harry acts in general.
>>
>>15501215
pretty much G-Unit gets overlooked/overshadowed by everything else. which is a shame.
>>
is gaia gear's actual char clone allowed?
>>
>>15497427
Harry or Full Frontal
Neo. So fucking stupid. sexy ass mask though
Dunno. I'm not very creative
Full on helmet like Iron Mask
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.