[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I find /m/ usually has an unwarranted hate complex for a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

I find /m/ usually has an unwarranted hate complex for a lot of Gundam series' like IBO and ZZ. But holy fuck, after giving G-Reco a shot I can fully understand why a lot of people hate this show. I can't understand what anyone is saying 90% of the time. Conversation topics jump ship every sentence, no conversations flow, nothing said has any grounding on what is currently happening. It's like every character has aspergers and are just saying random sentences to each other. Now, I know some of this was present in older Tomino shows, Zeta and Victory weren't always the most coherent. But they were far, far more cohesive than this. And I really liked most of them (aside from Zeta). I honestly don't know if I even want to finish this. What the fuck happened?
>>
The only other Tomino show with dialogue quite as nonsensical was Brain Powered.
>>
>>15494572
>starting a bait thread in the middle of the night

not bad not bad you've got real potentisl kid but youve got to apply yourself and think things through desu
>>
>>15494572
>not loving Tomino dialogue
Truly the ultimate pleb filter
>>
>>15494572
Tomino does not like giving exposition at the beginning of his later shows, most of the logic is stuff you have to infer. For example I myself found G-reco more confusing than Brain Powerd simply because it was really hard to make sense of Bellri's actions at the beginning of the show. How far are you in right now? I'd say it gets better when Towasanga gets involved.
>>
>>15494747
Bellri goes along with the "pirates" because he believes Cumpa sent him on a mission to spy on the Amerians and that plot comes an end when he takes pictures of Ameria's fleet movement from space right before his fight with Dellensen. It's more towards the middle where his objectives get blurry and he just follows along with what Aida wants
>>
>>15494759
>It's more towards the middle where his objectives get blurry and he just follows along with what Aida wants
At that point his objective is: I want to fuck the shit out of Aida, which then morphs to: I want to make nee-san happy, and probably also fuck the shit out of her.
>>
>>15494580
Brain Powered was great. I miss Jonhatan "woman killer" Glen
>>
File: 1.jpg (68KB, 639x956px)
1.jpg
68KB, 639x956px
>>15494572
>What the fuck happened?

Tomino wanted to kill gundam

Like usual
>>
File: 1483422961360.jpg (274KB, 1448x1080px)
1483422961360.jpg
274KB, 1448x1080px
>>15494572
>>15494747
>>15494985
Its a retard watches G-Reco episode
>>
>>15494825
It's called the Dulcinea effect.
>>
>>15494572
Pay attention
Take notes
Get a clue
>>
>>15495502

I fully understood G-Reco. Still thought it was shit.
>>
I wish you faggots would be honest for once.

If you kept everything about G-Reco the same but titled it just Reconquista, called all the mechs "Photon Frames" instead of Gundams/MS, and had it done by a new director who did everything exactly the same down to every individual frame but simply wasn't Tomino, this show would be considered mediocre at best.

People would say it has some cool designs, a neat setting, some interesting concepts, but it can't overcome its pacing issues, it wanders around too much wasting time it can't afford to waste, its dialogue is terrible, its cast is bloated and its characters flat, the ending is rushed, the director is clearly an amateur or incompetent, because nothing else really explains how the show was handled with so much effort but still came out so jumbled.

But because it's Tomino people say this shit is actually art.
>>
>>15495550
>I fully understood G-Reco
Cool horseshit bro
>>
I am at episode 18 and loving it.

Is it that hard to people to understand that gundam doesnt need to be an war story and can be other things?
>>
>>15495570
Why is it so hard to take people who shit on G-Reco seriously?
>>
>>15495582

That has nothing to do with why people dislike it.

>>15495580

The plot of G-Reco is actually not complex at all. It's literally just "some asshole wants to make war and everyone is retarded so they think it'll be fun and it's up to Autistic Robot Pilot Luke Skywalker to stop it."
>>
>>15495584
Because a lot of their criticisms boil down to "this show is confusing and I can't understand it so nobody does" then when people laugh that they can't understand a children's anim they get asspained.
>>
>>15495589
>Its not hard at all
>completely gets the plot wrong

I guess you didn't understand it
>>
>>15495596
>completely gets the plot wrong
I bet you "just pay attention fags" can't tell me why La Gu looks the way he does. Again.
>>
>>15494572
rectard faggots need to to be banned from m. this thread is proof that there the cancer thats killings this board
>>
>>15495602
Are you going to use google translate again like last time? Or have you found some other method to embarrass yourself?
>>
>>15495623
Oh man, there really are only a handful of G-Reco fans on /m/. How embarrassing.

In light of that, here's a new question. We've already established that G-Reco is so terrible at explaining something (that was important enough to have a glossary entry) that the fanbase refuses to believe it even after reading it for themselves. So instead, who are the two mutants we see in the show? La Gu and who else?
>>
>>15495596

That actually is the plot though.
>>
>>15495660
Nah its not hard to forget someone making a jackass of themselves on this board.
>>
I just want to know how quickly the G-Reco fanbase will turn on the show once the movies come out and normies are able to enjoy it since there's some actual competent storytelling. Back to sucking off Turn A, maybe?
>>
>>15495660
>We've already established that G-Reco is so terrible at explaining something (that was important enough to have a glossary entry) that the fanbase refuses to believe it even after reading it for themselves.
I love how you say this when you literally pulled that from the archive in one of the G-Reco threads from 2015 where a fan brought up the exact same thing but tried to play it off as your own. Quite pathetic I may say.
>>
>>15495596
I actually tend to agree with >>15495589
and still like it just enough as is.
>>
>>15495682
Nice dodge. You understood the show very well, so who are the two mutants?

>>15495686
Link me it, then.
>>
>>15495675
Its not. Try again retard.
>>
>>15495623
I remember that thread. Wasn't it one of the people arguing against the glossary who was using Google Translate while the other anon translated by hand?
>>
>>15495691

So are you telling me G-Reco did not have Cumpa running around behind the scenes manipulating all the world powers into war, necessitating the entire journey of Bellri going around trying to meet all the parties and find out what's up, and then his group defusing the war at the end? Because that's exactly what happened. What exactly do you think the plot is? I don't even care if you're trolling or retarded, you're fucking stupid.
>>
File: G-Reco haters.jpg (103KB, 1920x1080px)
G-Reco haters.jpg
103KB, 1920x1080px
>>15495688
>>15495700
>>15495660
>>15495686
>When a G-Reco detractor tries to shitpost
>>
>>15495715
Do I need to post ratings for G-Reco again?
>>
>>15495685
I never left Turn A's dick not even for a second.
>>
>>15495720
Are you going to quote MAL and ANN? The sites that stats that IBO is the highest rated Gundam anime?
>>
>>15495728
Turn A is pretty good, at least. Could have picked a worse one.
>>
File: G-Reco.png (20KB, 643x324px)
G-Reco.png
20KB, 643x324px
>>15495734
>The sites that stats that IBO is the highest rated Gundam anime?
I bet they don't. But nah, I could give you the TV viewership ratings (1.8% LOL) or any number of aggregate community votes. Like on ANN. :^)
>>
File: 1475572863028.jpg (43KB, 640x639px)
1475572863028.jpg
43KB, 640x639px
>>15495740
>TV viewership ratings (1.8% LOL)
>aired late night
Whelp

>ANN
Hook. Line. And sinker
>>
>>15495685
>I just want to know how quickly the G-Reco fanbase will turn on the show once the movies come out and normies are able to enjoy it since there's some actual competent storytelling
Why would they? If anything it'll make them more spug that they were into G-Reco before it was good and Tomino had to dumb it down for retards to be able to follow it.
>>
File: a24c9d44.jpg (56KB, 854x480px)
a24c9d44.jpg
56KB, 854x480px
>>15495660
>So instead, who are the two mutants we see in the show? La Gu and who else?

Watch the show you fucking retard
>>
File: 1482725044876.jpg (32KB, 576x568px) Image search: [Google]
1482725044876.jpg
32KB, 576x568px
I'm gonna break the shitposting for a bit, but anyone go a link to that NOICE Yugo Kanno OST?
>>
It's amazing how every since G-Reco thread you have the people who didn't like it posting simply that they didn't like it and backing it up with facts, and the people who defend G-Reco only post reaction images and various forms of "u butthurt?"
>>
>>15495764
>backing it up with facts
That has yet to happen in the 3 years it has been posted here. You fags really wanted it to be a failure.
>>
>>15495769

They are explaining why they didn't like it.
You are posting "u butthurt?"
They win.
>>
>>15495764
>Facts
Only idiots hated G-Reco hence its low score on ANN and MAL

G-reco was a success

>Opinions

G-Reco was bad
>>
File: Compilation.png (176KB, 1740x1104px)
Compilation.png
176KB, 1740x1104px
>>15495734
You inspired me, anon.

What else should I toss in here?

>>15495754
I'm of the impression that many of them will turn tail once G-Reco is popular. Popular = bad, unpopular = good, after all.
>>
>>15495776
>They are explaining why they didn't like it.
But those are opinions anon not facts. Opinions don't mean anything
>You are posting "u butthurt?"
Well no so try again

>They win

I get to keep enjoying and discussing a show I like while they keep hatin', how is that winning?
>>
>>15495783

Are you that retarded that you think "I didn't like it" = hate?
>>
>>15495781
>I'm of the impression that many of them will turn tail once G-Reco is popular.
It is popular
>>
>>15495589
>plot of G-Reco is actually not complex
>He watches shows for the plot
You, the plebe that you are, can't even begin to grasp what to look for
>>
>>15495783
>how is that winning?
People who are ambivalent about G-Reco end up hating it because of the way its fanbase behaves. The G-Reco fanbase contains a uniquely awful element within it, worse than any other mecha series fandom. All you need to do is ask a question they dislike or express discontent with something relating to the show and they'll swarm you like piranhas on a cow.
>>
>>15495781
>Two sites that prove only idiots hate G-Reco
>A graph missing information
>A quote taken out of context

You're doing god's work
>>
>>15495795
>>15495795
That's not unique at all, that's every fanbase.
>>
>>15495792
True, Tomino did say "The principle that screenwriting should prevail over the quality of action scenes was totally discarded."
So just don't pay attention to the plot.

>>15495797
>two sites
Which of the three sites is more legit than the others?
>A graph missing information
Fair point
>A quote taken out of context
kek I copied entire paragraphs, what context is missing
>>
>>15495715
Did you not read my post you faggot? Christ, you're proving >>15495764 right. Again, I like G-reco enough as it is but ignoring the very obvious problems Tomino has been rather fond of putting in his last few shows is absolutely retarded.
>>
>>15495792

Where in that post does it say that I watched it for nothing but the plot?

And for that matter, are you trying to say that the plot of G-Reco doesn't matter? The plot you dickriders are always praising as this complex shit that everyone else is stupid for being unable to follow?

Where do you want to take this? Are you going to talk about G-Reco's themes, which are laughably basic? Or its message, which is just an old man whining about the Prime Minister? The directing, which was so ass Tomino admitted he fucked up? Or its "good dialogue?" Its bloated cast of shitty characters who are defined by one trait apiece? Pretty much all it has going for it is it has good robot design, and even then you have fugly monstrosities like that pink thing with legs in its legs or the Gaytrash, which was trash.
>>
>>15495799
Nope. Ask how Kira survived ___ death, you'll get scans explaining it. Ask what Char meant by his mother comment, you'll get explanations and theories. Ask what the fuck happened in AWotT, you get an explanation.

Ask anything of the G-Reco fandom, you're called retarded and told to pay attention.
>>
>>15495801
>Which of the three sites is more legit than the others?
None. Even MAL users don't take the site's rating system seriously
>I copied entire paragraphs
Not even the complete interview also missing the key detail that he ultimately liked it.
>>
>>15495783

The goal of arguments isn't to prove yourself right or your opponent wrong. It's to make your opponent look like an assclown to onlookers.

Right now the entire G-Reco fandom looks like assclowns because the show is incredibly average but you retards insist it's great and everyone else is just stupid. It will never live up to that hype. It doesn't deserve that hype, and never did. And people can't even say "I didn't like it" or "it wasn't that great" without you mongs leaping down their throat with nothing but stupid insults and animay reactionfaces.

It's not a good look.
>>
>>15495811
>also missing the key detail that he ultimately liked it.

Of course he liked it, he directed it. He still admitted it was a 15/100 show.
>>
>>15495808
Someone did make a huge graph explaining the battery cycle and how the different factions played into it.
>>
>>15495811
>Not even the complete interview also missing the key detail that he ultimately liked it.
But in that same paragraph, he admits that G-Reco didn't sell.
>>
>>15495808
>Ask how Kira survived ___ death, you'll get scans explaining it
And you'll get tons of posts saying how bullshit it was and how it doesn't align with the show

>Ask what Char meant by his mother comment, you'll get explanations and theories.
i.e. nothing conclusive

>Ask what the fuck happened in AWotT, you get an explanation.
Because its self explanatory

>Ask anything of the G-Reco fandom, you're called retarded and told to pay attention.
Because you are a retard and need to pay attention
>>
>>15495795
Only a contrarian or an idiot would hate something just because they don't like the fans.
>The G-Reco fanbase contains a uniquely awful element within it, worse than any other mecha series fandom.
To compare to a more recent Gundam, G-Reco's fanbase has been far, far better than IBO's fanbase. In all my time here, the G-Reco fanbase usually points to evidence from the show to explain the show, whilst IBO fans generally point to whatever headcanon they made up to fill the show's holes.

>All you need to do is ask a question they dislike or express discontent with something relating to the show and they'll swarm you like piranhas on a cow.
People in the fanbase are generally defensive, at least here in the West, because its relatively small and whenever people talk about G-Reco, they just say something vague like "it's shit" or "G-Wrecko" or "G-Rekt". Whenever people do come with questions, answers are provided with evidence from the show. However, most of the time people aren't satisfied with the answer for some reason or the other and continue to complain about the show even if the problem they had with the narrative was just explained to them. This is what gets G-Reco fans to call people retards
>>
>>15495815
>It's to make your opponent look like an assclown to onlookers.
Well from here the detractors look like assclowns for endlessly hating a show that's not even bad but due to their own lack of intelligence.

>Stop liking what I hate

Calm down assclown
>>
>>15495830

No, retard, you're not going to pull that.
Look at this post right here >>15495688
The guy likes G-Reco, he just thinks it has problems. Then there's the post he's referencing, which lists real problems with the show. And what's the response from the G-Reco fanbase?

>>15495584
>>15495715

Wow, you guys sure come across as mature, intellectual juggernauts, and not as idiotic fanboys.
>>
>>15495822
That's true, and it isn't the entire G-Reco fanbase that's cancerous as fuck.
Just people like:
>>15495824

>>15495828
>the G-Reco fanbase usually points to evidence from the show to explain the show
Where in the show does it say "you're a fucking retard, pay attention and take notes if you have to"? I know when I tried rewatching G-Reco because I wanted to like it, I just got shit on nonstop in G-Reco threads for having simple questions about things that weren't made entirely clear.
>>
>>15495823
>But in that same paragraph, he admits that G-Reco didn't sell.
He never said anything of the sort
>>
>>15494572
>It's like every character has aspergers and are just saying random sentences to each other
Got examples of that?
>>
>>15495806
>Where in that post does it say that I watched it for nothing but the plot
You didn't, but your focus on plot makes it appear that you think that the plot was what people thought was so good about it

>And for that matter, are you trying to say that the plot of G-Reco doesn't matter?
Didn't say that, just that you're to caught up with it

>The plot you dickriders are always praising as this complex shit that everyone else is stupid for being unable to follow?
I've seen people say the show is incredibly dense, but that's more a consequence oof the runtime, and plot complexity is neither here nor there

> Where do you want to take this? Are you going to talk about G-Reco's themes, which are laughably basic? Or its message, which is just an old man whining about the Prime Minister? The directing, which was so ass Tomino admitted he fucked up? Or its "good dialogue?" Its bloated cast of shitty characters who are defined by one trait apiece? Pretty much all it has going for it is it has good robot design, and even then you have fugly monstrosities like that pink thing with legs in its legs or the Gaytrash, which was trash.

>Where do you want to take this? Are you going to talk about G-Reco's themes, which are laughably basic? Or its message, which is just an old man whining about the Prime Minister? The directing, which was so ass Tomino admitted he fucked up? Or its "good dialogue?" Its bloated cast of shitty characters who are defined by one trait apiece? Pretty much all it has going for it is it has good robot design, and even then you have fugly monstrosities like that pink thing with legs in its legs or the Gaytrash, which was trash.
That is where I wanted to take it, but its clear that you just want to disagree for disagreeing's sake
>>
>>15495846
>You didn't

Yeah, end of story.
>>
>>15495841
>Tomino acknowledges that anime is supposed to be "happier" than what he produced, but claimed he couldn't bring himself to make something like that. "I fundamentally have frustration with these types of works, and I realize that I spewed it out too much." He predicts that in 50 years, he will be vindicated, and admits that "personally, I quite like it." But Tomino was careful to say, "Of course, anime is also entertainment, and now the people who sell a million copies are the winners and there's no future for anyone beneath that. That means if something doesn't sell, you can't brag about it."

That's what it sounds like to me. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.
>>
>>15495846
>You didn't, but your focus on plot makes it appear that you think that the plot was what people thought was so good about it
What is it people think is so good about it, then?
>>
>>15495846

You tried to sound intellectually superior and got BTFO before you could even begin.
>>
>>15495851
I think he was talking about anime in general not G-Reco.
>>
>>15495853
The whole last paragraph
>>
>>15495867
Okay, I was just concerned because a lot of people on /m/ think that SEED or SEED Destiny are good except for the plot.
>>
>>15495854
Whatever you say, anon
>>
>>15495885

Sorry, but that's how it is.
You led off by saying "you fucking PLEBS who only think about plot couldn't possibly understand." Then it was pointed out that not only was he not solely focusing on plot, but everything you were going to bring up to sound smart got shot down before you could even say it. And all you could respond with was "well you're clearly just disagreeable." You lost.
>>
>>15495848
I was just trying to get across that you (and many, many other detractors of the show) tend to get caught up in the plot. That's what alot of the discussions about the show tend to be about, so people assume that's what the fans like about it so much, when most of the time, we're just trying show detractors that the plot is coherent, when its just a very basic thing that people can't seem to get over.

What I do like about the show are the themes/messages and how they are delivered through the narrative. I know it may be confusing for some people, especially with the fast pace, but I generally like the dialogue and directing, because it works well for what the show is trying to do, and imo it's entertaining. In regards to the characters, I can see why people think it was bloated, but I don't think they really fumbled it. Each of the antagonist factions seemed like distinct people and got their motives fleshed out, and the main characters, Bellri and Aida developed alot over the course of the series.
>>
>>15495892
>you fucking PLEBS who only think about plot couldn't possibly understand
I was obviously not completely serious there, man. Are there actually people who call people plebs, unironically?

>Then it was pointed out that not only was he not solely focusing on plot, but everything you were going to bring up to sound smart got shot down before you could even say it
The anon only started talking about non-plot related things after I pointed out how much he or she was focusing on that one aspect of the show, in my first comment, and it basically amounted to saying everything is dumb. Which, at least, is still better than the endless bitching about whatever minor plot detail someone missed.
>>
>>15494572
You're not suplosed to be checking reddit and MAHQ on your phone while you watch the show.
>>
>>15495570
This. But G-Wrecko hardly has any fans, though it's just a bunch of false-flaggers.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.