[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever considered Mobile Suit development as a sort of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: zeta-mooks.png (3MB, 3000x1516px) Image search: [Google]
zeta-mooks.png
3MB, 3000x1516px
Have you ever considered Mobile Suit development as a sort of "evolution"?

Now, I know this sounds crazy, and I know across Gundam entries, who uses what changes. To name a few:

Zaku -> Marasai
Dom -> Asshimar
Gyan -> Hambrabi
Gelgoog -> Dijeh

What do you think? Is this obvious or is it ridiculous and wrong?
>>
>>15487641
it is recorded fact/"obvious", without sounding like a dick; if you go to the Gundam wiki it traces the developmental path for various suits.
>>
>>15487651
That's what I'm saying though. There are a lot of suits that look similar and even use similar weapon loadouts, but aren't formally linked, especially not on the Gundam wiki. Gelgoog and Dijeh is the best example; they both even use Beam Naginatas, which is a pretty fucking niche weapon.
>>
It only makes sense, Anon. Real-world vehicles and weapons are almost always based on older mainstays. Rarely is an example of arms or armor developed completely from scratch.
>>
>>15487657
That's because the Rick Dias is in between them.
>>
>>15487641
>Dom -> Asshimar

The face plate is literally the only thing they have in common. They are completely unrelated in every other aspect.

>Gyan -> Hambrabi

Fucking what?
>>
Vague "looks like it" doesn't count. Otherwise you could also count the Dresden as a Dom successor, but there's nothing in common between the two except maybe certain aesthetics.

When you say "they both use the same weapon" it doesn't really mean much if any MS can pick up the same weapon.
>>
>>15487641
you'd probably like this then(although it needs a lot of updating)
>>
>>15487641
Yeah, sure. Even if their designers didn't directly base them off of previous suits, those previous suits still exist in the collective knowledge base of engineering. I'm sure the designers took inspiration from old designs, that's what you do in engineering. Someone makes a cool thing, and then other people make their own versions of said thing in attempts to improve it or give it a new spin.
>>
>>15487657
It's the same as RL weapons. Creativity may be the driving force behind innovation, but duplication is what keeps the peace. It's what makes the world go round.
>>
>>15487657
That's because they're several links in the chain apart. It goes Gelgoog =>Galbaldy A (also influenced by the Gyan)-->Galbaldy B--> Rick Dias (also influenced by Rick Dowas)-->Dijeh. The beam naginata is definitely a callback to the Gelgoog, as is the head design, but it's still the great great grandpa of the design.
>>
File: Space_Jahannam.png (173KB, 545x600px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Jahannam.png
173KB, 545x600px
>>15487641
Sort off. G Reco had a lot of it going on. The Amerian mechanics resembled a lot to Zeon designs, even the Megafauna ship resembled a Rewloola-class and the Armorzagan is a better thought out Big Zam.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.