[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, how do I into this Cardfight Vanguard thing, /m/? Are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Daikaiser_&_Daiyusha_(Full_Art).png (751KB, 639x466px) Image search: [Google]
Daikaiser_&_Daiyusha_(Full_Art).png
751KB, 639x466px
Alright, how do I into this Cardfight Vanguard thing, /m/? Are there any good video games or anything along those lines to learn how to play it? Is it even worth bothering with, or are there better /m/ card games with legitimately good /m/ content?
>>
>>15487465

Play in real life.
Find a shop with players, buy a "The Overlord" Legend deck, and then once you get the hang of the game, spend no less then a billion dollars on a Dimensional Robo deck.

It's expensive.
>>
>>15487465
There were 2 3DS games that were never localized, unfortunately.
>>
>>15487465
Don't play it. It's a game where single draws can really just decide the round.
>>
>>15487465
D robos are the most luck based deck where if you hit the right cards during checks youre going to rape the other player and their family as they watch helplessly as your obari mechs prepare to obari all over them.

Crusaders system or whatever is also a decent mecha tcg
>>
>>15491009
D Robos have gotten a lot less luck reliant with the release of Daimax. Instead of sacking g3s and crits, you make your own columns with crits.
>>
Play Buddyfight instead.
>>
>>15487630
>spend no less then a billion dollars on a Dimensional Robo deck.
Fucking seriously, why the hell is this game so expensive when nobody plays it? Is it speculator faggots from Yugioh?
>>
File: 1492917827393.png (113KB, 369x245px) Image search: [Google]
1492917827393.png
113KB, 369x245px
>>15487630
>>15493773
>Fucking seriously, why the hell is this game so expensive when nobody plays it?
I wish I knew
>buy a "The Overlord" Legend deck
>tfw taiten is still $25 and protect orb is$22 and you need four of each.
>>
>>15493773
It's actually about average price wise if you want to build an ultra competitive meta deck with a lot of decks being less than $100.
Hell, my group of friends have been hunting for the cheapest solid builds and my record is $17
>>
>>15493886
$17? What is it?
Grade 1 rush doesn't count.
>>
>>15493937
Tachikaze Rexes. Interesting in that you're mainly playing a bind zone game for a really nice payoff 1st or 2nd stride.

It's cheap because the expensive strides are junk in the deck
>>
>>15493943
They always seemed fun. I might look into that if it's that cheap.
>>
>>15487630
>Find a shop with players
The only card shop I know of around where I am is a minimum thirty minute drive away, and that seems a bit much to play with some cardboard that I don't know whether anybody else plays with.
>buy a "The Overlord" Legend deck
Is this really the only good option I have to start with? None of the robot decks or those lightning dragons and robot dinosaurs have anything good for a new player?

>>15487901
Isn't that true of all card games, to be fair?

>>15491009
>Crusaders system
What is this and how does it work?

>>15492454
What makes it the superior option, in your opinion?

>>15493943
>Tachikaze Rexes
Are these guys as cool to play as they look?
>>
>>15487465
Anybody got some good /m/ arts out of this? Or any cardgames in general.

I don't think I am interested in playing since there isn't community in my country but at least I want to collect the artworks and designs
>>
>>15494135
You could always learn the rules and play on Cardfight Area.

Also yeah Rexes are cool.>>15493943
Eat your own units.
Use skills that send those eaten units to the "remove from play" zone
Regurgitate all of those units in a massive combo that your opponent can't keep guarding against.

>>15494160
Just Google Nova Grapplers or Dimension Police to find all the cool /m/ art
>>
>>15494135
>What makes it the superior option, in your opinion?

Price and game mechanics.

>Price
Cheaper. Still has retards cracking cases, however the average value of a played RRR/RR is cheaper than in Vanguard. SPs are also cheaper. A big percentage of the playerbase is into foiling their deck, so that makes common versions of cards more available as newbie-giveaways.

>Game mechanics
Less symbols in our card text, so cards are easy to read for new players (i.e. what is soulcharge/soulblast/guardbreak).
Drives/triggers don't exist, so you don't get btfo by random checks.
>>
File: G-BT10-002.png (473KB, 392x571px) Image search: [Google]
G-BT10-002.png
473KB, 392x571px
>>15494135
>>15496593
I agree with anon more about buddyfight being a much better game for other better reasons but i much prefer CFV due to art and games going fast as long as you arent playing fag ass stall decks.
>>
File: D-BT01A-EB02-0001EN.png (897KB, 490x681px) Image search: [Google]
D-BT01A-EB02-0001EN.png
897KB, 490x681px
>>15496593
I see. I've looked a bit into it, and it seems pretty neat, particularly this guys cards and other things like rescue dragons and such. Any idea how much any of the /m/ decks might run, and the best way to get on learning it? I also don't really mind losing due to luck, since this is a card game, though that's good to know.

>>15496815
How are NGs compared to DP? Are they a more enjoyable and better type of deck, or what?
>>
>>15496984
I find NG more fun but thats due to its strong ass im going from a poke to a punch to a hammer kinda multi attack gameplay where its attack power keeps increasing as you attack more with your rearguards.
It sounds fine on paper but it requires setup since novas main problem is gaining any form of card advantage so you have to run a tech to draw more or run draw triggers. Youll also die to control decks and probably wont survive past turn 6 or 7 since you gotta kill them fast(er) depending on build.

D police wise I only have experience with d robo, the most popular/best build.
It has a little bit of everything(some form of card advantage, restanding vg, control depending on build) and is pretty luck and vg centric during the mid of the game due to its ability to fuck your opponents guards over with obari effects. If they survive till late game theyre total fucked since it doesnt become luck based anymore with this guy over here giving everyone killing power.
>>
>>15496984
>Droids "I want to run a bunch of monsters, mill 5, and gamble burning my opponent for half their life T1 and onwards"
70-85

>Ride-changers "Face is the place with Transformers"
~100+

>Battle Poets "Midrange is the place"
80-90

>Card Burn "combo and pray for no counter removal"
65-80

Rescue Dragons don't really work as an archetype on their own; they're more suited as a support to Superheroes.

Find some FLGS to learn at, or get the Japanese 3DS game.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.