[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is Strike Freedom Gundam really that popular that it deserved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

is Strike Freedom Gundam really that popular that it deserved to get a PG kit?
>>
Yeah, SEED and SEED Destiny were popular as fuck. In polls, ratings, and sales, they tend to place near the top pretty consistently.
>>
>>15485274
Yes
>>
File: IJtZmtD.jpg (24KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IJtZmtD.jpg
24KB, 600x600px
Yes. Next post.
>>
File: 3031736.large.jpg (51KB, 431x267px) Image search: [Google]
3031736.large.jpg
51KB, 431x267px
>>15485274
Dude how retarded are you? Your question answers itself. If it got a pg that means its popular.
>>
>>15485274
No, Bandai is just so retarded that they'll push unpopular shit on us instead of making a PG Turn A or G-Self already
>>
>>15485350
>if I keep spouting my shitty hipster tastes it'll be true

at this point I'm almost convinced it's just someone samefagging all over /m/ constantly
>>
>>15485406
Fuck off ANN. G-Reco was a success and no amount of kicking and screaming can change that.
>>
>>15485350
>Implying anyone with a same mind would want a G-self PG kit.
>>
>>15485607
G-Reco fags are alright, they just speak the truth when comparing to other mech shows that aired along side it. Turn-A fags are cancerous on the other hand.
>>
>>15485610
I want a G-Reco master grade really bad. I think that would be amazing and I really lik ethe space backpack. Maybe when that new movie compilation comes out we'll get one.
>>
>>15485274
despite what fans outside of Japan think, both SEED and SEED Destiny were super popular in japna where it counted.
>>
>>15485720
But the conundrum with SEED was that despite the series itself selling well, gunota didn't really seem to buy the gunpla that much when it aired and the non-gunota fans which the series drew in didn't buy shit. I think now they sell well though. All the SEED MGs we've gotten over the past couple years must be selling great since they keep pumping them out. I can't say I'm not happy either. I wanted a MG Providence for years and I jumped the fuck onto buying the GAT-X series. Where's my Legend, Bandai? No April Fools this time.
>>
>>15485810
>Where's my Legend, Bandai?
a year or two I guess, since they will recycle the providence almost entirely for it
>>
>>15485815
Providence and Legend actually share very little in common structurally. The legs are really all there is in common. Not even the dragoons are completely the same. The frame will mostly be recycled though, since that's already got a lot recycled from Freedom's frame mold.
>>
>>15485810
>But the conundrum with SEED was that despite the series itself selling well, gunota didn't really seem to buy the gunpla that much when it aired and the non-gunota fans which the series drew in didn't buy shit.

Where did this alternate history crap come from. Seed model kit sales were through the roof during its airing along with Destiny. Also Seed wasn't just popular in Japan, it was popular all over Asia also. Look at the number of garage and bootleg kits that have been made, most of which originate outside Japan. There are sooo many from SEED/Destiny.
>>
>>15485963
this is right. If you notice, most of the kits that had Bootlegs were mostly HG SEED kits.
>>
>>15485607
G-Reco didn't get any MGs or 1/100 scale kits. It was not a success.
>>
Of course, it's like the most popular antagonist suit of the franchise.
>>
>>15486005
You retard most products are planned out before the airing. G-Reco's the only show that actually got retroactive kits with the Catsith coming out months after the end of the show.
>>
>>15485963
>Where did this alternate history crap come from.
From stories of the Buster evidently selling so poorly that it filled up store shelves.
>>
>>15486005
Aren't the non graded 1/100's usually released alongside the show? I don't think you can view the release of those kind of kits as a measure of success. MGs maybe. But there's no reason a MG G-self can't show up any day now.
>>
>>15486013
Or, from the Buster selling so poorly that Fukuda rewrote the show to make Dearka a good guy.
>>
>>15486065
Fucking Fukuda! Not even a writer, yet he rewrites the show!

I'm glad his wife died a horrible, painful, slow death. He is such a piece of shit.
>>
>>15486070
Directors end up changing the course of things all the time.

00 had that development where people thought the show was overly dense and obtuse for the first few episodes, so they ended up changing things a little bit a few episodes in to make it more accessible. Then there was the case of the director dying during 08th MS team, leading to that significant shift in tone for the final third-or-so of the series. Also, with Morosawa being his wife, I don't think it's best if we consider them a singular entity.... unless the subject is Cagalli's VA and changing the scripts so her character was utterly useless because Morosawa thought Fukuda was fucking her. Then they're separate people.
>>
>>15486083
I'm agreeing with you. Fukuda is a cartoonishly evil person, to the point where it isn't even funny anymore.
>>
>>15486065
easily one of the best decisions. turns a fucking Racist dick, into someone who is actually likable.

also buster is actually a pretty good suit, sure it lacks a lot of gimmicks, the other ones had, but it does it one thing very well which I can say I love.
>>
>>15486100
well to be fair he did give us Cross Ange one of the most retarded, but still enjoyable shows to come out.

also the fact it fucking outsold G-reco says a lot of G-reco's terrible sales.
>>
>>15486101
Buster actually has gimmicks; it's got the basic hip rifle, the hip shotgun, and they combine to make a powerful rifle. Duel, on the other hand, is pure and gimmickless.

As for Dearka, I think that it always should've worked out that way. Dearka was a good character, and his relationship with Yzak was, frankly, more compelling than Kira's relationship with Athrun. If only they'd been the main characters, SEED would easily be the best Gundam.
>>
>>15486154
I always thought Duel was just supposed to be the RX78 of the 5 gundam's. able to use multiple weapons, but still being limiting. where as Aegis has it's transformation, Strike has it's packs.

and blitz well it's not really that unique in terms of a kit, but in the series it does.

Kira and Athrun's relationship was pretty terrible honestly.

At least with Dearka and Yzak you have a very good reason why the two fight. both are shown througout the series to be racist, but both eventually become characters you actually like by the end. sucks that both have very little screentime in Destiny.
>>
>>15486168
>Thinking Kira and Athrun's relationship was terrible
Good to know you never watched SEED then.
>>
>>15486101
>>15486154
>>15486168
I always thought that the Buster was akin to the Guncannon, two big guns, artillery unit that has nothing for close combat. I kinda wanted to like it more, but one problem is that most of its appearances and fighting action is stock footage (especially the mega shotgun firing) so that it becomes boring, this and Dearka is fairly underused. It's more or less the exact same thing with Duel and Yzak for that matter... Which is a shame because both suits and characters had shown promise.
>>
>>15485274
SEED is the second most prolific Gundam property, you know. Strike Freedom being the canon most powerful/posterboy warrants its inclusion.
>>
>>15485274
The mech designs in seed were good, but everything else about seed was worth less than shit
>>
>>15485323
If it was so popular, then why didn't we get 1/100 kits of Abyss, Gaia, Calamity and Forbidden?
>>
>>15486182
Honestly, the best use Buster's weapon was put to was when Yzak jacked it in the last episode and used it ti finish off the last druggie.
>>
MGs of Savior, Chaos, Gaia, Abyss, Raider, Forbidden, Calamity, Moebius Zero, and Exus when?
>>
>>15486101
>Former racist turned good in the end
>Gets demoted because of racemixing in Destiny
What did Fukuda mean by this?
>>
>>15486427
It really doesn't make sense why bandai didn't make them.
>>
>>15486102
http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view

Cross Ange - 6402 sales average

G-Reco - 9012 sales average
>>
>>15486169
>Good to know you never watched SEED then.
>>
>>15486168
It says a lot that the Duel was the one with the least toybait put into it and is also objectively the best design of the group.
>>
>>15488295
I hated the Duel's shoulders. It's a bad design desu and it's reflected on the model kits - you cant move them as much without an armor plate getting in the way.
>>
>>15488334
The shoulders were shit, but the Duel was unique in having a single glaring flaw, as opposed to the Buster, Blitz and Strike's several, or the Aegis BEING a glaring flaw.
>>
>>15487634
they're creeping up. I'm assuming that the others will be RE's
>>
File: Akatsuki_Gundam_-_03.png (785KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
Akatsuki_Gundam_-_03.png
785KB, 848x480px
>>15485274
Akatsuki>Strike Freedom
PG when?
>>
>>15485653
t. g-recuck
>>
>>15488382
I liked the Aegis' design the most.
>>
pretend you have an anime, entirely watched by christians. now, put jesus christ in a giant robot. now, give that robot an upgrade. that's Strike Freedom.
>>
>>15486310
They skipped them so they could make the 1/100 Blitz, 1/100 Providence and 1/100 Red Frame which came out way after SEED finished its initial TV airing because they had to fast track making 1/100 Freedom and 1/100 Justice, which still came out barely when the series was ending.

Remember this was during the era where Bandai was still using mold negatives made from wood. Yes fucking wood. They had to fucking carve shit. They couldn't pump shit out fast enough to keep it relevant.

If you look at those old HG and 1/100 SEED kit release dates to the anime, it would be like if we were getting fucking 1/100 Lupus Rex 2 episodes before it fucking dies.
>>
>>15489323
There's no way they used wood. Virtually any wood would warp at the 150-200C temps used in plastic injection molding. Even if it's just inner surfaces of the mold warping would result in terrible tolerances and those old 1/100 kits were just fine in tolerances. Also, wood can still be CNC milled.
>>
>>15489370
The mold negative, not the actual mold. Learn to read.
>>
>>15489407
And what's the mold material?
>>
>>15489323
So what stops them from making all of those now? People would still buy them. Look at MG Providence.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.