[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else out there is writing/drawing their own /m/ material?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 49

Who else out there is writing/drawing their own /m/ material?
What sized mechs do you use?
What type of world is it? Present day, futuristic or past?
How does your MC end up being a pilot?
Are conventional weapons like fighters and tanks still viable?
What is the central conflict?
>>
File: img235resize.jpg (1015KB, 1740x1262px) Image search: [Google]
img235resize.jpg
1015KB, 1740x1262px
I like to draw mechs, but I'm more of a plane guy.
So my planefaggotry leaks into my mecha a lot.
>>
>>15482518
Me. Mostly mechs of Western style operated by different states ranging from 6 to 30 meters tall.
>>
>>15482518
>What sized mechs do you use?
From 4m to 15m.

>What type of world is it? Present day, futuristic or past?
Near future.

>How does your MC end up being a pilot?
Trained military pilot.

>Are conventional weapons like fighters and tanks still viable?
Somewhat.

>What is the central conflict?
For resources.
>>
>>15482518
>Who else out there is writing/drawing their own /m/ material?
Yes.

16m for standard mecha. 16m+ for non-standard mecha, aka mobile armors and mobile armor-suit hybrids.

Futuristic world where humans, cyborgs, transhumans, androids, demi-humans, fairies, elves, dwarfs, lycans, giants, aliens, space kaijus, gods and demons are present. The world is united and ruled by a monarch. Everything with exception to gods and demons reside on the alternate Earth. Space kaijus reside in space. Gods and demons reside in their own plane of existences.

Its inhabitants are capable of achieving The Breaker tier martial arts with training. Magic is also present but only practiced by a few. Knights and assassins within the military practice martial arts.

The military is divided into 5 divisions. 1st division are the knights (pilot a variety of mechas). 2nd division are the wizards (pilot artillery mechas). 3rd division is research and development division (tech, magic and technomagic R&D here, pilot nothing). 4th division is the intel division (spies and assassins, pilot mechas specialize in stealth and recon). And 5th division are the imperial guards (knights, wizards and assassins here, pilot a variety of mechas).

Certain individuals can have their mecha empowered by a god (similar to Cybuster) but they are few in numbers. Certain space kaijus can be empowered by a demon but they are few in numbers.

The alternate Earth is part of an intergalactic alliance.

A female android modeled after a human-elf hybrid that is part of the 1st division.

No. Useless against space kaijus and in space.

The invading space kaijus spawned by the demons that want to throw the universe into chaos.
>>
File: 1493041470331.jpg (2MB, 3924x5704px) Image search: [Google]
1493041470331.jpg
2MB, 3924x5704px
>>15482518
Late UC had more or less my sweet spot for mecha dimensions, so I would definitely use that.
The MC would definitely have military background, but forced into being a pilot because of circumstance. If I wanted to use a "dropped-into-the-cockpit" audience surrogate, it would be a secondary character.
I would use the "proximate future" setting, similar to today, but just far enough to have different rules and regimes in place, and the setting would have several factions instead of a Big 2 way.
Tanks and fighters would still be used, but most of the story takes place in orbital space near a geostationary ring, and far space colonies past the asteroid belt.
I been meaning to get to draft some designs but school and jobhunting hasn't quite let me.
>>
>>15483903
So what kind of remanent of Zeon is it this time?
>>
>>15482518
I have bits of ideas in my head.

It's about humans digging up a super robot buried on Earth. Humanity would discover and develop new technologies by re-engineering the super robot only to learn later on that it isn't just a "robot".

The super robot is actually a "Universe destroyer" designed to destroy a universe within a multiverse. For each universe, there is always a pair of those universe destroying robots and the system only activates when the two robots come to an UNDERSTANDING.

About 20-25m.

The early mechs would start off as a real robot type and then later it improves and gets closer to being similar to the super robot type. They'll be armed with projectile based weapons.

The main mech, the super robot, does super robot things.

Near future.

The super robot "chooses" the MC.

Yes but they start to get obsolete once the mechs improve.

Everyone wants to try out their new "toys" causing a great war and humanity unleashing technologies that they themselves barely understand.
>>
>>15482518
Around 100m
Present-day with all continents funding various armies in proxy wars as a 'Scramble for Africa' 2.0 happens because it contains the only resource that allows FTL travel.

The African side isn't very well-organized or high tech so MC and group have to rely on guerilla tactics and hit-and-run attacks.

Enlists in the local militia out of desperation since his family is broke. MC gradually gets more skilled as the series goes on, and eventually becomes the leader's right-hand man.
No, only mechs.
Africa vs. Merc companies funded by superpowers is the background conflict, the main conflict is MC not being able to leave the militia due to money issues.
>>
>>15484102
So the MC is black?
>>
>>15484116
Yeah, something along the lines of Orga from IBO with shorter hair.
>>
>>15483977
The one that allies with the protagonists under common interests. I would have antagonistic factions terrible enough to force former enemy factions to cooperate in order to survive.
I've always like that sort of thing, happens a lot in Advance Wars games.
>>
>>15482518

6-30+ meters at longest point with varying amounts of legs.

Very far future. Far enough to make any connections to modern Earth irrelevant.

No MC. What I'm writing is background information.

Yes. Very much yes. Mecha are basically poor man's hover tanks in this setting. They can deal with things normal tanks can't and are far cheaper to produce than a hover tank of equivalent weight, at least to most users.

Basically almost everyone is fighting to live.
>>
>>15482518
Always.

From 4 meters up.

Future of our solar system

Military veteran, hired as civilian pilot after demobilization, eventually goes freelance.

Location dependant, but yes. Popular, mass produced mecha are more or less hybrid, modular vehicles in most cases, with fixed environment vehicles limited in distribution but more effective in their own operational roles.

Buddy adventure where two outsiders travel throughout the solar system getting involved in local hijinks, with a backdrop of larger political affairs moving toward a major conflict, based loosely on interwar colonial Pacific, SE Asia pulp adventure. Kind of a Tales of the Golden Monkey type thing but in space with mecha.
>>
>>15482518
I've been learning programming and modeling so I can make a small sci-fantasy mecha rpg.
I've been playing a lot of Psx stuff and thought the idea was interesting.

So far I've been making models and animations g the MC and his mecha, but I'm having trouble finding the right scale.

I want to keep the mecha small at around 5-7 meters, but I also need to figure out how that will effect stuff like exploration and movement.
>>
Anybody wanna try scribbling out one of your mechs?
>>
File: c_prc_92dsk-nazigundam-desert.jpg (753KB, 720x1000px) Image search: [Google]
c_prc_92dsk-nazigundam-desert.jpg
753KB, 720x1000px
>>15482518
I'm currently developing an alternative history WW2, where my mechs are redesigned tanks of the period. I suppose in this version of history humans never discovered treads.
>>
>>15482518
I would like to, I have an idea swirling in my head.
Gundam size maybe?
Alternate universe far future involves a galaxy or multiple galaxies.
Training because he was adopted on a military/knight and brotherhood centric planet (which may or may not be Israeli)
They take a back seat but sure.
Valvrave knockoffs from another universe try conquering space using various experiments and creatures, one being an Ultraman Belial knockoff and his apprentice a Great Leader knockoff whom each have their own empires of monsters. The MC is the last member of a surviving race of showa Kamen Rider knockoffs adopted by knight-like gundam knockoffs, becomes an RX knockoff, pilots a demon mech that resembles Skarbrand from Warhammer, and his dad is a Vader/Granzyrus hybrid that pilots an owl mech that resembles Clockwerk from Sly Cooper and pilots a Macross Galaxy knockoff. Really over the top and the premise is loosely inspired by Great Battle/Hero Compati games, I'll probably do zilch with it.
>>
>>15484569
Wow anon, that's Sonichu levels of autism, never work in a creative field ever.
>>
>>15482518
Small/mid-size. Single pilot affairs that face off with different combat form factors (planes, whale-like, omnidirectional balls)
Futuristic. Not sure yet if I'm going to tweak the rules of physics to make the things I want to happen, happen.
Multi-generational story: 1) Discovers ancient weapon, 2) Initially falls in to the cockpit, joins the military, falls in again (to the ancient weapon), 3) Military pilot of a refugee protection force, 4) Falls into the cockpit
If fighting is taking place planetside.
A multi-world species calls up conscripts from formerly cut-off worlds to stave off invasion by a warlike human empire.
After a generation of peace, joint forces must battle back an attack from a third, sudden threat. We mostly ignore it to follow a young mercenary/junker trying to make ends meet during wartime.
Battlestar Galactica but with ELS instead of Cylons, with a bit of Ideon thrown in. A crack team of pilots must shepherd the remnants of three once-proud interstellar civilizations to wherever peace may be found.
Eons into the future on near-future "Earth", humanity and its genetically-modified descendents are in a fight for their existence as they take their first steps into a larger universe.

I haven't really thought seriously about it since high school and it shows. Still would like to flesh it out one day.
>>
File: dryer dimension.jpg (45KB, 480x380px) Image search: [Google]
dryer dimension.jpg
45KB, 480x380px
>>15482518
Was writing basic ideas for a Ranger like thing, but by the end of the day I usually get upset about it and crumple that paper up. Idea I have so far would be this.
>CosmoGai
In the late 21st century, humanity has entered a golden age with the UN backed GAL(Global Astro League). Recent discoveries on a now mostly habitable Mars have hinted at a past civilization on Mars after relics indicating a past civilization was discovered there.
This was all but confirmed when an alien empire named the Algol Imperium attacked Mars. Searching for "Five Cosmo Pieces" which were created by that civilization, all but five people on Mars were exterminated under an Algol General's orders. Those surviving were rescued and chosen by the last surviving Martian, Galaxian to fight the Algol Imperium and gifted with Comso Energy, which can be used to activate the Cosmo Suits or activate the CosmoRobo
>>
>>15482518

Been working on a written thing for a while. Not entirely happy with it. Still needs fine-tuning.

The 18 meter range is a pretty good one, ten times the size of a human is pretty simple to imagine even if a scale chart is important. I wouldn't do much higher unless I decided to make a work in space.

Mildly post-apocalyptic fantasy. Most of the fantasy races are hodge-podged together into a few different nations, which are in a period of peace, but there's a potential war on the horizon because there's a lot of unrest from bandits and mad wild beasts around.

The robots are magic in nature - they're crafted by powerful beings of demonic nature. The problem is, most demons aren't strong enough to make them, and the strong ones don't have much of a reason to - they either settled down years ago and live in society, or stay reclusive in their hellish domains. The MC finds one that got made a while ago but never bonded with a pilot and ends up joining a traveling group who mostly do merchant work but also take various other jobs on the side, they get hired as guards.

(one of the other characters has a more typical robot. It's been around for hundreds of years and is adjusted to a large number of fighting styles, but none fit hers right, so while she's trying to get used to all of its weapons, it's trying to make hers work.)

There aren't any around.

Basically there's a lot of bad shit going down in all the kingdoms and everyone's got no idea what's going on, so the MC group ends up getting hired to protect a high ranking official of their kingdom and go all over the place trying to figure out what the shit is going on and if someone is actually trying for war.
>>
>>15482518
I'm sitting on a plot and characters that will probably never be written

Slightly bigger than a scopedog. Large

>what type of world is it? Present day, futuristic or past?
Think inbetween ww1 and ww2, but with more robots. They have cannons and machine guns from that era mounted onto them

He's not. He's a convict who's allowed into an infantry anti armour penal unit. Through participating in dangerous missions he's allowed a lighter sentence

>are conventional weapons like fighters and tanks still viable?
Yes

>what is the central conflict
A proxy war over a shitty country desired only for its natural resources. Later on the conflict ends and transforms into a legal battle as the mc attempts to sue his former commander for sending his unit on a suicide mission
>>
File: 1490815056368.jpg (129KB, 440x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490815056368.jpg
129KB, 440x800px
>>15484999
nice i really dig the idea of mechs in a fantasy setting (ala dunbine) their really needs to be more fantasy mecha stuff
>>
>>15482518
10-15 metres. I'm not sure on the designs for the mechs, but I'm thinking Gundam and Titanfall-like body designs mixed with capes and shoddy armor similar to some Clint Eastwood western films. Main antagonists use high-tech mecha derived from a valuable mineral that only they have access to; designs are similar to knightmare-frames, but I'm still thinking.

>What type of world is it?
300 or so years into the future. Has the aesthetics similar to Mass Effect's time, so it'd be mostly futuristic with some primitive technology.

>How does your MC end up being a pilot
Parents are caught in the crossfire between a Sheriff and his mech, and a militant Martian faction.

In the grand scheme of things, not really. However, Mars in this story is mostly a backwater planet with a few major cities, but is primarily just unexplored plains and deserts. As the planet doesn't see much visitors, the tech out on the frontiers is basically slightly-futuristic aircraft and tanks (think of it as farmers having bi-planes and tractors today, but farmers and small militia enclaves having F-22 Raptors and Abrams tanks in the future instead, so to speak).

I'm going for a genre that is spaghetti-western, sci-fi and mecha. Basically, MC gets recruited to help a local sheriff who is investigating reports of a group that is tied to Mars itself, and how the group has been pillaging settlements on the frontier. MC is reluctant to help, as he prioritises his home and work duties over simply aiding a sheriff who might be on a wild goose chase. He is eventually forced to help when his farm gets raided by the militants and his family are slaughtered in the crossfire. With nothing left to lose, the duo adventure across the wastes and valleys of Mars to find out the true sinister intentions of the group. I'm hoping for SBR-style banter between the duo.
>>
>>15484744
Pardon the ignorance but what exactly is autistic about it?
>>
>>15482518
15m-25m
In the distant future of 2715, no one has died in years due to transhuman technology being the norm. You lose your body when you die sure, but you can (or have to) get a new one but you might be a different sex or lose some memories. The government has been decentralized and you are forever a slave to the company that owns your rebirth rights
Meet Artesia, age 302 (19), maintenance worker for Dunes Incredible Colony System. Reborn with white long hair, purple eyes and hazy memories of his past life, he was put into a D-class body with a nureo-link attachment that allows him to control vehicles through thought.
Angry at his poor reincarnation, tailoring him to be a dead-end crane operator, and his disinterest in looking like a pretty boy, he joins the Chaninhower Coffee and Colony Corp. Instead of receiving his expected enrollment gift of a new body, he gets one last job in his old one.
Fuck those who wronged you with this giant robot.
Very, giant robots are mostly for show outside of tournaments and super prototypes. They get a lot of use outside of colonies
Brands wars, all that really exists in terms of politics is people trying to get other people to go to their colonies with promises, opportunities and sex robots. Our main character is pissed for being turned into a low class citizen and a tool for the company, but is too pissed off to realize that hes pretty much being used as a tool anyway, just for different folks
>>
Oh wow, when I made this thread last night it got one reply so I thought it failed. Thanks for all the replies. Nice to see so many /m/en actually develop their ideas.
>>
>>15485164
yep thanks for this thread i still need to work on a fantasy style mecha thing but im dry for ideas :(
>>
>>15485170
ideas for what
>>
File: FATE Mecha vs. Kaiju.jpg (261KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FATE Mecha vs. Kaiju.jpg
261KB, 600x600px
>>15482518
Not quite the same thing as everyone else, but I developed my own table top RPG setting involving mechas and kaiju

The mechs stand around 20 to 25 meters in height. The kaiju range from 50 to 120 meters

Alternate history post-apocalyptic future. Basically, kaiju began appearing in the early 80s, which led to the Soviet Union staying together and the Communist countries in general being a lot friendlier with each other due to the security they offered. More kaiju began appearing over time ala Pacific Rim, and eventually the problem got so bad, that several countries fled to space colonies rather than stay on Earth. However, they send down mecha to protect the remaining human civilizations, as they require them for resources, and to hopefully one day find a way to retake the planet.

Player Characters are either members of the OSTO (Outer Space Treaty Organization made up of USA, Britain, Japan, and France), the Kosmo Communist Bloc (Russia, China, and North Korea), or live on Earth and managed to build their own mecha out of the scrap of broken ones.

>Are conventional weapons like fighers and tanks still viable?
Not really. The mechs need to be fast to take down kaiju, while also carrying weapons designed to break through kaiju skin and able to be operated for long deployments without resupplies. Many of them are equipped with jump jets similar to the ones the Mobile Infantry have, though there are ones which fly and/or stick to the ground.

Political rivalries between OSTO and the Kosmo Communist Bloc get in the way of defeating the kaiju, as well as Earther resentment towards the people who abandoned them.

Pic related is the system I'm using.
>>
>>15482518

Setting Notes for a story I'm writing:

https://www.docdroid.net/wExLnDr/assault-knight-ronin-setting-notes-evaluation-form.odt.html

Additional detail: The titular Assault Knights are four meters tall.
>>
>>15482518
Me though I've been too lazy to sit down and do some hard first draft attempts
I'm debating between 10 and 15 meters tall for the signature mecha. All other mecha are twice as tall.
Futuristic but only about 30 years into the future and it's an alternate timeline
Father is the one who discovered the main opposition, and in a vendetta against them did brain surgery to the protagonist that gave him a port in the back of his skull that directly linked his brain and the mecha. The operation is dangerous and mostly was achieved via fluke, so it hasn't been replicated so the MC is the only possible pilot. MC is also the only one who can pilot a mecha solo, all other mecha in the world require teams.
No
I wrote it in the last write thread but the gist is that it's discovered that storms are caused by demons/invaders and humanity has developed mecha to combat them and have eliminated natural disasters and bad weather from occurring.
>>
is secret
Each mecha is sorta phantasmal in that it pops out of a 3-meter 'sphere' that holds the cockpit.
Very far future
I can't decide
WORLD OF SR
You ever watch Nadesico?
>>
>>15482518
I'm glad you asked.
ALTERNATE UNIVERSES
A BOY FALLS INTO A COCKPIT UNABLE TO PILOT IT HE IS GIFTED WITH A DEUS EX MACHINA
>>
>>15482518
Depends on the faction. Americans and the French use the Doughie, a modular individual mech about 12m high with middling base performance but high modularity and the ability to combine with other Doughies to form larger, stronger varieties of mecha.

The Brits still use fighter jets, but possess four 65m super robots called Lionheart, Excalibur, Elizabeth and Robo VIII (pronounced Robo the Eighth) that serve as landships to support their air force. Each nation essentially took their own spin on giant robots to suit their needs.

Near-future. After a huge Kaiju invasion but essentially normal since humans kicked the asses of Kaiju.

Son of the man who invented the Doughie's testbed prototype, the Doughboy. He inherited the mech after his father's death due to sneaky contract fine print declaring it private property, and keeps it in his garage. He dicks around with it when he's bored on weekends but first fought in it when a teenaged girl tried to steal it and fell into its cockpit, activating some sort of device onboard that opened a portal through which Kaiju came. He had to hop in to save her ass.

To an extent but only in large groups or against smaller monsters/other humans. Nobody exclusively fields mechs though.
>>
>>15490464
When it's discovered the Doughboy has the capacity to summon Kaiju, or at least open a hole they can come through from wherever their home is, the pilot Esley and the girl he saved get caught up in a public scandal and get swept up in a covert military op by some hawkish politician who wants to exploit Kaiju as a weapon to get a leg up on other nations. Moreso, the Doughboy is completely unique. A Doughie can combine with other Doughies to form a greater mech, but the Doughboy combines and incorporates Kaiju themselves to become giant mechanical beasts. From there Esley and the girl start fighting other nations who are also fighting to control Kaiju while Esley tries to find out the past of Doughboy and how it was created.

It's a WIP
>>
>>15482518
I've got a couple.

One is a super robot series featuring 4 distinctly different super robots that can combine. Each one is differently sized; roughly 30m/40m/20m/30m. Combined height is 55m. Heavily based on Gunbuster and Getter Robo so that's why they're so big.
Set in the present day, each pilot is selected for the role to save the Earth.

I have a Gundam-based sidestory too (I really hate the word "fanfiction") where the MS are all future descendants of Zeta-era suits, so they're all 18-21m tall with one big one being 30m.
It's Late UC.
All the characters get dragged into the conflict by necessity.
Mobile Armour are more common in the setting so "modern" MS are a rarity.
>>
>>15482518
I am currently making a mecha story! (I wish I could say more, but then I'd go off on a tangent.)

Probably like, 15~16m for the "real"er mecha, and probably like the OG RX-78-2's size for the OPbots.

In the story, Earth is a borderline post-apocalyptic shithole, and everyone decides to run off into space, and make their own little Earths in space in their own little space colonies.

The Main Character is one of the few people that stayed on Earth, and gets butthurt that his mecha is powered by the souls of his family, which are also helping him control the mecha, so he defects from the Big Bad's side, and runs off to go get more people to kill him.

Conventional weapons and machines are still viable against more realistic mecha, but will likely pale against the OPbots.

The central conflict is that someone wants to Make Earth Great Again, and will use 4 overpowered mecha called Phalanx to make the Spacenoids pay for it.

He really should've dropped the matter after the first fifty conferences he held with them.
>>
I've been fooling around with the concept of a Dragonar sequel
>>
Doesn't seem like many people here like power armor or human sized mechs.
>>
>>15492421
It's kind of hard to make anything that isn't capeshit or some variant of robocop out of human-sized shit.
>>
About 6m. All the "humans" are synthetics left behind by real humans on Earth that can create mechs out of their blood, which is a highly malleable semisolid metal and reflexively forms when they're deeply cut.

Far future. The synths sort of replicate the present day for their own comfort but the tech behind it all is still clearly advanced.

Travels to a derelict space station out past Pluto the synths think humans used as their final waystation before leaving the solar system. Activates a machine that injects him with something like synth blood but darkened, allowing him to form a completely new mech that's colored black unlike the normal silver-red color others have, and has bizarre supernatural-seeming powers.

The synths don't know how to make or pilot human machines, but they can sort of imitate them by altering their mechs to look like them. Most of the technology left on earth is self-sufficient so they weren't taught to maintain it.

When he's injected the MC also gains the thoughts of a woman who worked on the station eons ago, and believes she's a ghost. She directs him and a crew of other synths to explore the galaxy in search of where the real humans went and to find out why they left.
>>
>>15482518
Actually laying the groundwork for a piece with 5-7 meter mechs. They're kinda VOTOM meets Titanfall titans with the pilots needing to wear powered armor in the cockpit so they don't die instantly. It's mostly warship based but because of Reasons capturing planets can't be done from orbit.

Need to write the characters, though.
>>
>>15482518
Writing
15 meters, nonhumanoid; larger later on
Deep future, spanning the waning days of a war between traditional humans and their cybernetically-enhanced-combined-consciousness counterparts to the political strife of the ensuing human empire and various remnant groups
Of the three prominent characters, one is trained specifically for use in her personal power armor; one is a ground troop who had crosstraining for pilots but it's far from his forte; and the other specifically trained for aeronautics and found the forced transition to mech pilot somewhat easy
Definitely. Not so much tanks but mounted artillery and general ground warfare as well as air fighters. Also lots of espionage.
The war was more or less orchestrated by some gynoid with an ancient alien AI and a terrorist group led by her childhood friend/orbiter; after the war, the three characters are more or less partial to different remnants or governments
>>
>>15482518
currently:
Small-sized mecha, slightly larger than the average Scopedog but with OVA Starship Troopers PA-levels of capability. Average soldiers are equipped with jump-capable full-body powered armor.

Futuristic but still recognizable.

He's been in it since the second decade of the war.
She decided to join up after being saved from planetary bombardment from a slum.
His body gave up before his mind did, so they made him a cyborg and put him into service with the elite more like suicidal.
Those born in stasis tanks don't really have a choice, but she's happy to do it as long as her brothers and sisters to come won't ever have to live 5-month lives suspended in liquid before being scrubbed to divert funds for refugee ships.

STG fighters are the order of the day here, though capital ships are like Stalin's wet dream. The role of tanks are largely supplanted by the aforementioned small-sized mecha. The average fighter's main weapon has started out from guns IN SPESS to particle weapons capable of hitting cities from orbit; mainly the reason why they still need infantry and armor to contest territory, because they can't fight full power in planetary combat. In contrast, space is such a free-for-all that humanity needs a special task force just to decapitate localized enemy leadership to have a chance, which is where the aforementioned 4 characters are currently in.

Take the aggressiveness of a Japanese giant hornet, add equal parts Space Monsters firepower and numbers, Bydo sentience, and Tyranid architecture.

Anything usable as plot is not so much the fight, as it is how humanity has to face the fact that they're losing a race of survival simply by being there.
>>
>>15482518

Me and everyone in /m/

>>What sized mechs do you use?

Nanomachines that create transdimensional megasized mechs.

>>What type of world is it? Present day, futuristic or past?

time travel

>>How does your MC end up being a pilot?

He's actually the villain. He kills the stupidly talented accidental messiah MC by the end of chapter 2/during the ending credits of episode 1. He is now the new MC.

>>Are conventional weapons like fighters and tanks still viable?

Viable for showcasing grunt level side stories of "real soldiers" and their grit and struggle and all sorts of dramatic shit. They have massive battles with those archaic weapons, sure, but really, all of that is fundamentally pointless compared to the main storyline.

>>What is the central conflict?

1. Figuring out how to sell the tie-in toys and preventing the bootlegs.

2. Finding a good animation studio who can do something more than just recycle animation footage.

3. convince the 3D modelers to use cel shading textures that matches up with the visuals of everything else.

4. find a character designer who actually respects the art of the novel versions.

5. be in /m/
>>
>>15482518
MC-type units are roughly gundam-sized, so around 16-20 meters. Both larger and smaller specialist machines exist.

Future. Colonists who cut contact with Earth generations ago. New kinds of tech as well as actual magic have been developed, but some old things are still being rediscovered. Mix of near-future, retro, and fantasy elements. FTL and other impossible things like floating islands are achieved with magic.

Military pilot. Upper middle class family, felt idealistic and enlisted, figured piloting is the safest job that counts as combatant. At the start of the story he has just lost his entire squad and is being promoted downwards into being a test pilot.

Very yes. MBT type tanks do not exist and would not be viable, but lighter armored vehicles, super heavy tanks, and various fliers are in heavy use. Close Air Support VTOLs (futuristic attack helicopters) are the mechs natural enemy and rival.

People with too much power wanting even more power. Upper class families, politicians, and corporations have what are essentially private armies. Their power plays used to be mostly nonviolent, but recently a planetary governor's succession crisis went hot and now the use of force is spreading. Various crises and catastrophes are being manufactured to further political goals. Main character catches wind of one of these plots, and gets very upset when other politicians he informs decide to aid the plot instead of stopping it since it benefits them, too. So he takes matters into his own hands.
>>
A bit surprised by how little art is in here.
>>
>>15493108
drawing machines is harder than it looks
>>
>>15493643
But amateurish scribbles are also fun to make
>>
File: literallyjacob.jpg (42KB, 648x864px) Image search: [Google]
literallyjacob.jpg
42KB, 648x864px
>>15482518
Well my Humanoid Attack Crafts are generally the size of your average Mobile Suit,although there are smaller ones and larger ones. The average,mass produced models are usually about 18 meters tall.
Well the story begins in a present day setting,even a bit of a past setting,seeing as it starts 2012,but it ends up being somewhat of a space opera setting by the 2020s later on as the story progresses.
He`s a socially inept homebody who gets swept up in an anti-terror operation as he goes to the mall to buy himself a plamo for Christmas. He ends up piloting the terrorists' mecha,which happens to be relatively easy to use on a base level and rely primarily on motion control.
Yes,but they get their shit kicked in by HACs,in direct confrontation. Thus they`re resigned to mass attack and support roles mostly.
Well,there are multiple,varying between a third world war on Earth,a Great War-like war on a planet with technology on the level of the early twentieth century,an interstellar war between an alien empire and a human state,and a civil war in the aforementioned human state.

Attached is concept art of the MC,his name being Jacob-Howard Naish.
>>
>>15492421
I`m >>15493724
I also have power armor in my setting,it being pretty common infantry equipment,seeing as most battlefields that require infantry are either irradiated wastelands or on the surface of space stations,inside spaceships,or on the side of asteroid bases.
>>
>>15482548
Looks really nice. Any suggestions for someone who has a hard time drawing but would like to get into it ?

>>15482518

I have a mecha/cyberpunk styled setting I run roleplaying games in.Have started dabbling in writing stories about certain events in the world, some NPC backstories and the like.

6 meters or less.

Dystopic near future were the world was formerly unified by force and is no fracturing.

In the current story the MC isn't a pilot, but is fighting an enemy powered armors on foot.

Yes, Powered Armor and Mecha are fairly new and are just an extension of infantry.

The South African Secret Service are covertly supporting a radical separatist terrorist group that wants South Africa to completely separate from the UN due to them infringing on their national sovereignty. The UN has a private army at this point and are conspiring with corporations to subdue the moderate separatist faction in the main government by egging on the terrorist faction.
>>
>>15493857
>Any suggestions for someone who has a hard time drawing but would like to get into it ?
Build up a big visual library.

Read Scott Robertson's books.

Practice a lot.
>>
>>15493926
Scott Robertson's stuff honestly isn't good for new people.

I always recommend Michael Hampton's Design and Invention for beginners. It gets you started on basic mark-making and human anatomy (even if I think that he drops the ball when it comes to teaching feet).

After getting through the basics, I've honestly found Master Studies to be the most helpful thing for any artist.
>>
File: panzercop.jpg (120KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
panzercop.jpg
120KB, 1200x1600px
>>15482518
2-4m, from power armors to spider tanks.

Near future, Cyberpunk kind of world, but with 60s-70s aesthetic, Wolfenstein style.

I'm more of Spec Ops/Black Ops kind of guy so the MCs are trained for it.

Yes, because of it was a near future, but the old style tanks was considered ancient and unwieldy, so it improves to the 2 manned, spider-tanks category in which was smaller, more versatile and maneuverable thanks to leg-wheel hybridfication. Fighter was considerably improved instead.

Since the death of the former Kaiser, the newly coronated young Prince was in constant danger of assassination and direct coup by a certain conspirator group of unknown origins. As one of the closest advisor, friend and royal protector, MCs (its 2 of them, brother and sister) was bound to unravel and eradicate this threat at all cost, for preservation of the Kaiserreich.
>>
>>15482518
I've had a number of settings at varying levels of details thought out:

a) A Mospeada-meets-X-Com thing with psychic/martial arts superpowers that I had once framed as a Mospeada sequel. In X-Com research fashion, the powered armors get closer and closer to Kamen Rider and Guyver territory as they advance.
b) A magi-tech fantasy setting, story centered in a neutral metropolis territory ruled by what seems to be an immortal wizard. Think Nanoha meets Demonbane/Kawakami-verse kind of magic. Features everything from monster of the week kaijuu and hoverbikes to mass-produced military mecha and divine super robots. Only semi-serious.
c) A kind of space-opera centering on an academic macross-like space vessel. Setting sort of inspired by putting Suikoden True Runes in space. Story meant to develop in a Suikoden-like direction too.
d) Some weird thing about a space vampire in Tibet and how it leads to SPACE MECHA. I only vaguely remember the mecha parts.
>>
File: IMG_1314.jpg (1MB, 2048x2732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1314.jpg
1MB, 2048x2732px
>>15482518
I draw. Pic related is a GM Command I did. I'm sloppy as hell, definitely more amateur than most drawfags on this site.

I have a lot of different designs I've made and settings in mind but alas I've never really made anything of them.
>>
I have the slightest fraction of a story idea, and I'm slowly working on designing the mecha. The human mechs all have a basic inner frame that can be outfitted with different types of armor (planetary and space infantry, artillery, etc.) for different areas of operation. The aliens are an insectoid race, so all their mechs all appear biological/beastly (imagine the texture of the outside of a wasp nest, and that's what the armor looks like. That and bone marrow, with all the pock marks)

>What size mechs do you use?
Human mechs ~18-25 meters, aliens maybe 20-35 meters (with a few exceptions), haven't fully decided yet.

Distant future, where mankind has colonized the galaxy

She's a soldier the main human alliance's military, and part of a squad of mech pilots (working name: the Starlight Brigade). That's really as far as I've thought out.

Not really sure, I haven't thought this far ahead. If they do exist, they're not very prevalent. They've largely been phased out in favor of security mechs.

Astronomers start noticing stars in the galaxy disappearing, but not from natural causes. It starts out slow at first, but then rapidly speeds up to where massive swaths of the sky are devoid of stars. Eventually stars in human-occupied systems start disappearing, and we find out they're being extinguished and harvested for energy by insectoid aliens. All of humanity then engages in a galaxy-spanning losing battle against a superior foe to save all life in the galaxy.
>>
File: onihime2.png (838KB, 1025x787px) Image search: [Google]
onihime2.png
838KB, 1025x787px
im partial to fantasy genre. its far easier to write and draw
>>
>>15494710
>that boat robot

godly
>>
File: 1448349235575.jpg (240KB, 1500x1061px) Image search: [Google]
1448349235575.jpg
240KB, 1500x1061px
>>15482518
Im currently in the process of thinking of writing a Gundam Fic. Im not sure how that paints me on this board, so I'll hold on the details for the moment unless people are actually curious.
>>
This thread really makes me want to start writing some fantasy mecha stuff and makes me wish I could draw ;_;
>>
Any Macross like stories about using Mechs to interact with Large sized species and Aliumz?

>>15494791
What do you want to write, Anon?
>>
>>15494824
Honestly I'm not sure, I had a dream a while ago that I'm fairly certain was a loose Code Geass ripoff even though I've never seen it, sort of a kingdom thing going on but with advanced military tech a la Armored Core. I like the idea of mystical mecha
>>
>>15482518
Me boss.
Ranges, the biggest mech would be about... 30 meters tall while the smallest is about 18 meters.

Futuristic tech in a present day setting. The idea is that on a Mars Mission, NASA discovered remnants of an old civilization. They eventually sent explorers to Mars in 1967.

These researchers by complete accident used the tech to terraform the planet. Afterwards there was an international agreement that this newly made planet was to be made available to all. So various nations sent citizens there to colonize various parts of the planet.

However, these colonists eventually grew tired of their homelands demanding their loyalty despite the great distance between them. A politician by the name of Harrison Anders rose to power during this time, demanding Mars to be free from Earth's rule.

This along with research into the relics of Mars which forms the basis to the Champions, Mars' mechs and leads to the creation creation of the single nation of Vulcan. Eventually, in 1980 Earth demands Mars' acknowledges Earth as it's superior. This leads to War in 1985 between the two worlds, which begins with Mars invading Earth and demonstrating their mechs, the Champions. Although they were few, the Champions were enough to keep the war going for four years.

Within these four years, Anders is killed in the fighting on the front lines. Used as a matyr, a new fraction comes to power, creating a monarchy and imperialist system in all but name, claiming that they will guide Mars towards its new future. Eventually, Earth and Mars come to an agreement that Mars is a sovereign planet and the two leave with a treaty between them.

However, neither side expect this war to last and prepare themselves for another war. In this war, four children who will change the course of both worlds are born.

(1/?)
>>
>>15482518
Gundam-sized
Futuristic, with dystopic undertones.
Pure hazard. He just gets in the robot while under attack.
Tanks aren't viable, because the fighting takes place in space and cities.
A nation's war of territorial expansion.
>>
>>15494837
Well, all of the characters have had some sort of training. After the wars, all schools have some sort of military curriculum in order to prepare the younger generation for the next war. Meanwhile, my Char Clone who plays the role of the deturagonist Initially has been trained as a 'Knight' even though he has a lower position in Mar's society. Meanwhile the Princess has been trained to fight her entire life as she has been informed that one day she will have to fight.
Kinda... See, after the war, tanks as we know them go out as they have been replaced by the Warriors for Earth's ground forces and the Champions for the Empire of Vulcan. Planes are still used, but mainly as scouting or supporting weapons. They are not the most powerful weapons of this age, like they are in ours.
There are multiple reasons on each side, but the major theme of conflict is vengeance and hatred. How those can both twist and destroy the noble intents that came of them. Meanwhile, the drama comes from the horrors of wars.

The main villain, Baron Coubern wishes to destroy both the structure of the sides' government as he believes that Earth is a twisted cradle which will keep it's people imprisoned while Mars' leaders shit on the very foundation of what his good friend Anders wished for. It is for this reason that he causes the war by destroying the Martian embassy

Even when he kills the Princess and the Char Clone kills both Courben and the MC in cold blood, the fighting still doesn't stop. The crew of the MC's ship are consumed with vengeance and grief, desiring to destroy the Char Clone. Meanwhile the Char Clone who had been sleeping with the princess before her apparent assassination is consumed by grief and becomes someone he could never dream of becoming because of his vengeful actions.
>>
A fantasy mecha series with in a world based on various black cultures, mythology and people around the world. Based on the area of the mythology is what kind of mecha it is or not.

The theme of the series is religious fantansicism and mental health/illnesses. NOT in a family guy way of Religion Sucks.

Also, outside of a character inspired by King Leopold, this isn't a story to bitch about white people.

I will explain more in the format when I get home.
>>
Bumping thread
>>
>>15482518

In a post apocalyptic earth deformed and jumbled together in the wake of a war against eldritch beings that warped reality in their wake, the rare working remnants of the mecha created to fight the invaders are an extremely valuable commodity to the roving raiders and nascent factions that struggle for supremacy.

Most designs are around 20-30 meters tall. The MC's machine usually is in a quadruped form for faster movement, however, and therefore has a lower profile.

MC was trained in a quasi-religous order that preserved at least some pre-war tech and knowledge. Notably they had almost a dozen Mecha, which made them a target. Eventually the order fell to an internal traitor and the MC fled in one of the last remaining Mecha along with what he could salvage of the archives. This information, and his mecha, make him a target for the group which wiped out the order.

Air vehicles are almost as rare as mecha, the atmosphere is usually too volatile for their use in any case. Armored vehicles, both improvised and pre-war designs, are the most common form of war machine.

The story is a wanderer's tale. The main conflict the MC has with his former friend the traitor is kept far in the background for the most part. Overall I want the feel of an anthology. A new area, and new plot, with only the MC really remaining constant as he wanders the broken earth, searching for purpose.
>>
>>15494763
Hell anon, its not like the original stuff here is all that original. Id like to hear what you got.
>>
>>15494922
This sounds really cool actually. When I was doing my thesis on the Mao Mao rebellion in Kenya I read a lot about indigenous myth and culture there. The /pol/ tards don't give them enough credit, there is some fucked up and elaborate stuff there prime to be used in fiction.
>>
>>15494842
You may or may not have intended this, but this is pretty similar to Aldnoah Zero in a lot of ways. Not trying to throw shade, just and observation.
>>
>>15496793
Oh yes, it certainly is. When designing this I'd just finished watching Aldnoah Zero and I was at the end of it, Jesus Christ, what a fucking a let down.

See, this whole idea is me thinking. How can I write Aldnoah Zero, but better. So, stick with the character deaths, give depth to more of the supporting characters and flesh out the world a bit more.

So for example, have the Big Bad and the Char Clone's relationship be much more personal. Baron Courben would have adopted the Char Clone after the war, as a sort of apology for making the boy an orphan.

The MC would actually have a personality and emotions, be able to make mistakes and be punished for them. In fact, many of his friends would grow to dislike him and his decisions as the story goes on.

The crew would also get fleshing out and become three dimensional characters rather than a cheering squad. In fact, they would become the true 'heroes' of the story, even when the Char Clone took on the role of the protagonist.

The Char Clone would have depth beyond merely 'saving the princess', especially after her death. He'd be dealing with the consequences of his actions and the resulting PTSD that the war was bringing. Because, unlike Slaine, he'd 'rescue' the princess and have her actually see and talk to him, before the princess was killed. Likewise, his murder of the MC wouldn't be like Slaine's apparent killing of Inaho were one could argue self defense. It would be cold blooded and deliberate murder. An act of anger and vengeance.

Essentially the whole story would be a mix of Zeta Gundam and Aldnoah Zero. A story which starts off as a Gundam clone, but eventually flips the script over entirely to evolve into a story about vengeance and the consequences of it.
>>
File: crap.jpg (1MB, 1200x2797px) Image search: [Google]
crap.jpg
1MB, 1200x2797px
I had an idea for a hentai game. Pic related.

You play as a monster and fight mechas piloted by cute girls, that you can rape later. Every enemy mecha was meant to be different from one another.

Then I realized that game dev is too hard and dropped it.
>>
>>15497040
The idea of that kind of cliche could be really fun to examine and write. Creatures and Mechs fueled by sin with all sorts of visual or descriptive techniques which creature the image of a sinful or carnal act of sorts. Sort of Devadasy done right.
>>
>>15482518
This just getting from top of my head. I need to get real writting going on.

Varies from gundam sized to patlabor units. Mostly to suit the needs and abilities of the pilot.

Semi-future if you can call it like that.

The mechs are powerd throught electrical batteries and require a cord to funtion for long periods of time. The pilots can also use thier powers to power up the mechs but requires a shitload of concentraion or being really pissed.

She was recluted after a battle with one of the creatures, as they saw her being able to restore/repair a damaged unit so it could keep fighting.

Her suit is mostly used for support on the battle field but later is upgraded when she starts using it for offensive too.

She kicknamed it "Heart Machine"

They use conventional weaponry commonly but only psychics and their mechs can finish up the monsters for good.

There's an invasion of creatures from another dimension and only poeple with strong psychic abilities (appearing at the same time those creatures did) can stop them. And the mechs are used to amplify and protect the users from the creatures.

R8, H8, Masturb8
>>
File: allen-wei-env-gundam-0079.jpg (486KB, 1920x939px) Image search: [Google]
allen-wei-env-gundam-0079.jpg
486KB, 1920x939px
>>15496450
Alright then, going off of the formula as laid out.

Average Gundam size, so roughly 16-22 meters depending on the model.
Future, close to a post earth story.
The overall main character enlisted in the Alliance military and serves with others who ended up there one way or another.
To a degree. Most of the early fighting takes place in space, so larger battleships act more as MS Carriers than ships. On earth, the Alliances resources are a bit strained so they tend to focus on mobile suits and artillery.
The conflict originated when the descendants of the first pioneers who immigrated to space decided that they don't want the people from earth to despoil and ruin their promised land, and wanted to keep it to themselves. So they built up a large space navy complete with mobile suits and a system of laser based satellites that they arranged around Earth to prevent people from leaving. Earth, at this point a well polluted, dying world is expected to be unsuitable for human life in the not too distant future. So the worlds remaining superpowers form an alliance and in collaboration with several sympathizers in the space colonies, create a small enough hole in the kill sat system and launch a ship loaded with a small number of high end mobile suits, Gundams, to open the way for mankinds escape.
>>
>>15494710
I miss /m/vn, we need to continue that project, but this time scale it to a more easy to handle level.
>>
I've done some mecha art, but the few times I've posted it on /m/ people have either not responded to it or said it's crap.
>>
>>15482518
I.
Relatively realistically sized.
No taller then five meters, usually around four-ish.
Earth, more or less present day, give or take four or five decades or so.
Trained that way in the military, as is the usual method. He's one of a second generation of AIM's (Armored Infantry Machine) pilots though, so as battlefield weapons they are relatively untested.
Very much so. While an AIMs-scaled autocannon (ranging from 25 to 30mm) main can shred a tank when loaded with the right ammunition, a single shot from a tank's main gun would pretty much obliterate an AIM's in return. Same for a fighter. They're asymmetrical warfare weapons in a world where asymmetrical warfare is the norm, not open battlefield superweapons.
To be frank, there isn't one.
As the setting is largely an extension of modern day, there's no "global war", and instead there's lots of concentrated low-intensity conflicts as economies struggle over decreasing resources and increasing political instability.
>>
>>15482518
I've got one set in UC 0090. Kind of a bridge between Zeta and Unicorn

Central themes are the Feddies trying to create a hard counter to cyber-newtypes and Mars wanting independence from both Zeon and the Federation. Main character is actually the result of some of that research.

Also, something of a critique on how stupid it is to put a telepath on the front lines.
>>
>>15497368
Don't be shy. Post 'em again
>>
I had this idea where the mechs were 4th dimensional beings that made a pact with humans to fight for them as weapons. There is really no single bad guy, just this primordial ooze gunk that copies the DNA of earths animals and plants but evolves them into small-ish kaiju. I am shit artist so i have nothing to show.
>>
>>15498702
This is actually pretty cool

I want to know more pls
>>
File: g3 gundam.jpg (78KB, 779x899px) Image search: [Google]
g3 gundam.jpg
78KB, 779x899px
I, too, have made an unoriginal Gundam fanfic setting.

Typical MS size.

>What type of world is it?
Future, but spacefaring technology has heavily regressed due to oppression of its research so you've got highly advanced MS and ships that can barely break orbit.

He's an assassin targeting members of a deeply-ingrained cult in Earth's government that wants humans to never leave their homeworld. Humans had colonies in the past but the cult staged a false-flag rebellion within them and used it as an excuse to slaughter them all and force the survivors back to Earth. The MC was a boy living on one such colony who learned the truth after being saved by a sympathetic Earth soldier. He was recruited by a terrorist organization who wants to wipe out the cult and force humanity back into space, stealing one of a 13-suit experimental run of MS called Gundams for them and becoming their ace pilot, leading their campaign to wage war against the Earth.

Still in use for suitable terrain but otherwise replaced by MS.

It's basically a moral of two extremist groups, the terrorists and government, with the MC caught in the middle and having to reexamine his own blind hatred and take responsibility for his actions, after he meets people on both sides he sympathizes with and finds his old friends working to change the oppressive Earth government from within instead of destroying it like him. It also deals with the birth of this world's Newtypes, who can't use psychic powers themselves but can mentally link any two individuals, and how the terrorist's leader wants to use them to enact her vision to save humanity from itself by destroying the Earth and forcing mankind to live in space, light years apart and only interacting with other people through these Newtypes.
>>
>>15482518
>Size?
MS
>World?
Space Feudalism, like in Dune or FSS
>MC?
A Peasant who signed on to the ship to try and make money to pay for his grandmother's surgery. He was just supposed to be a maintenance worker, but he ends up piloting the prototype mech that was being transported on board. It bonds to him, so he is stuck as a pilot for the duration of the conflict.
>Weapons
I really liked IBO's idea of melee focus with artillery support, so I've made up a lot of technobabble to justify that.
>Central Conflict
The ship the protagonist signed onto is a freelancer in the employ of one of the royal houses. Houses perpetually fight against each other, but the story focuses on this one crews adventure.
>>
File: Draconda [colors] 3.jpg (802KB, 1526x2359px) Image search: [Google]
Draconda [colors] 3.jpg
802KB, 1526x2359px
>>15498592
>Don't be shy. Post 'em again

okay

This was done for an RPG I played it. Setting was a blatant Gundam ripoff, with the names being changed but the premise being very similar. I didn't care, I was just happy to be playing in an /m/ game.
>>
>>15499071
Oh come now
That's not bad at all.
>>
>>15499071
I like it, anon.
>>
>>15498933
In the 4th dimension (whatever dimension) the mechs are comprised of of cylinders and spheres and have distinct colours and details. When they are summoned they kinda turn into a huge sphere of their respective colour and encase the pilot, then the sphere stretches out (like melted glass) and resembles a more regular mech. They are around 20-30 metres tall. The unique thing about them is that they can alter the size but at the cost of losing or gaining more power. For example shrinking it down to about 4metres would greatly increase its speed and rate of fire, expanding it would let it cover a larger area but its attacks would be weaker. The MC's mech can concentrate the mechs power into to different parts of itself. It could get a massive fucking gun but less defense. This is more sentai than anything desu.
>>
>>15499071
Is that Mekton Zeta? In which case, YES it is definitely a "Gundam but not copyrighted" sort of thing, but that's some good art all in all. Versatile as heck system, as long as you don't mind a lot of math at some points.
>>
>>15499090
>>15499118
>>15499206

Thanks guys. First kind words 4chan has ever given about my drawrings.

And yes, it was Mekton Z. Def mathy in mecha construction, but play was pretty easy.
>>
File: Draconda [specs].jpg (970KB, 3080x2120px) Image search: [Google]
Draconda [specs].jpg
970KB, 3080x2120px
>>15499219

oh and here's more detail on the mech
>>
>>15499071
>>15499223
I love this. Especially the head design.
>>
>>15499223
I've seen a lot of your stuff on DeviantArt - and in the Mekton Mecha Manuals, for that note - but I didn't know there were also specifications for the mechs. Your art really helped me figure out how the (at times not-terribly-clear) sheets worked. Kudos!

Now if only I could get my darn group to PLAY the game we'd have the chance to appreciate it all more...
>>
File: foot_[old_vs_Mekton].jpg (98KB, 484x644px) Image search: [Google]
foot_[old_vs_Mekton].jpg
98KB, 484x644px
>>15499276

Thanks very much! The whole design is based mostly on the Hyakushiki and other Mobile Suits, with influences from Mortar Headds thrown in -- especially with regard to the head. Happy it's noticeable.

>>15499326

Thank you muchly! Yeah, I'm kinda proudish of my DA page. I haven't drawn much in a while... I've been trying to figure out how to get my ass back into the drawing saddle. I'm happy I was helpful with the game's mechanics and sheets. And trust me, I know how hard it is to find mecha game players. It's like, the farther you get from D&D the harder it is to find players...

Unrelated, attached pic is a thought piece I did about how mecha feet tend to work. This was before Mike Pondsmith excommunicated me from his circle.
>>
>>15499374
>This was before Mike Pondsmith excommunicated me from his circle.

What happened?
>>
File: mecha concept art.jpg (231KB, 922x1142px) Image search: [Google]
mecha concept art.jpg
231KB, 922x1142px
My mechs would be in the 30 meter range
Futuristic world
MC is a woman from a city attacked by a brutal mech force and steals a mech to avoid being killed
Tanks and Fighters are still viable but they are all drones controlled by AI
The central conflict is a country being taken by force after not surrendering to a country with mech tech
>>
>>15482518
It depends on what type of story I'm doing, and even then, it's variable within each.

Prefer present day or futuristic.

Once again, varied situations. I do like the unwilling pilots, though.

Obviously. I like to show them off as much as I can.

I like me some shady government or independent organizations fighting shady, underground, exiled organizations, or just outright alien/otherworldy foes.
>>
File: joint_10_duplex.jpg (147KB, 842x888px) Image search: [Google]
joint_10_duplex.jpg
147KB, 842x888px
>>15499408

Mekton Zero is over three years late now, and I offered to help solve the "layout problems" he's cited as the main cause of the problems.

Secretly, I'd suspected these problems were made up excuses. Considering that when I offered to help with said "layout problems" he unloaded on me with the most condescending, hostile, and textbook-examples-of-projection filled email I've ever gotten, I'd say I was right.

The hostile, insulting, condescending email ended with him giving me the choice of: (a) shutting up, stop thinking I'm special, and obeying him; or: (b) never working with him again.

Considering that I wasn't actually an employee of his of any kind at the time, wasn't being paid for anything, etc., that wasn't really any choice at all. I said never working with him again would be fine and gave him the ol' "good luck with all your future endeavors" line.

A shame. We'd been friends and collaborators for more than 25 years. I genuinely worry he's become afflicted with a mental issue. Maybe bipolar disorder? Not sure.
>>
File: BB8 Thumbs Up.gif (3MB, 408x264px) Image search: [Google]
BB8 Thumbs Up.gif
3MB, 408x264px
>>15499422
>My mechs would be in the 30 meter range

Fuck yeah!!! I love GIANT giant robots.
>>
File: chara_shambhala_02_m.png (2MB, 1223x2049px) Image search: [Google]
chara_shambhala_02_m.png
2MB, 1223x2049px
Around 60 meters

Futurepast

MC's species can transform into a form that mimics giant robots after going through a sort of rite of passage.

No

A tribe is collapsing in on itself through infighting and looming civil war. MC is caught up in one of the larger conspiracies lurking deep within the tribe.
>>
>>15499476
I've heard you tell this story before.
Pondsmith had the reputation of being a totally mentally unstable asshole.
>>
File: head_thinking.jpg (362KB, 1937x1353px) Image search: [Google]
head_thinking.jpg
362KB, 1937x1353px
>>15499544
>I've heard you tell this story before.

Yeah. Sorry for carrying on repeatedly. I guess I'm still pretty sore about it.

>Pondsmith had the reputation of being a totally mentally unstable asshole.

The thing is, he is super smart and creative and funny and charismatic and generally an alright guy. It's just that there's this THING in him that comes out sometimes. I'd seen peeks of it before, but this was different. He's not a bad guy, really, he's just troubled. By what I dunno.

Anyway, here's some other stuff I did as thought pieces about Mekton design.
>>
File: snowball.jpg (251KB, 769x610px) Image search: [Google]
snowball.jpg
251KB, 769x610px
>>15482518
Something like Votoms and Patlabor sizes.

Space age future with interstellar travel.

MC occasionally flies a little shuttle to spooky space stations. Support characters and adversaries pilot the big robots.

Yes.

A psionic-powered lab creation, the MC, suffers an existential crisis and throws a tantrum that destroys a kindly old man's project of saving his people from the onslaught of invading psionic bug monsters.
Fast forward a period of time, after all the terrible things the lunatic MC has done, she is forced to behave and fight the bug monsters anyway. It was intended that a small army of psionic soldiers would destroy the invader's hierarchy caste, but thanks to the MC's previous rampage that responsibility falls solely on her shoulders.
>>
Sometimes I wind up very interested in. the idea of making something in the field of sci-fantasy, but every time I attempt to create something of that stripe it just ends up being plain. Or like Break Blade.

I guess mechs and fantasy just aren't compatible, barring very rare exceptions like Dunbine or Escaflowne.
>>
File: kantaihime.png (1MB, 1025x787px) Image search: [Google]
kantaihime.png
1MB, 1025x787px
>>15494713
never put too much toughs about making this into a project but here goes

the main mech mostly 40m, the smaller ones are 20m but the largest reaching 90m. the gundam look alike are 15m.

bit of past and future, the setting is kinda like samurai pizza cats or disgaea, magitech and other races exist and all. some mech has bullshit powers from shooting black hole to reality warping.

just a regular village chief trying to protect the his homeland

tanks and gundam look alike exist but the power is nothing compared to "kami" mech like pic related.

war raging between "lower earth" VS "celestial earth".
the MC accidentally triggered doomsday devices causing his village to get hunted down by various countries ala Ideon. MC later meets several other strong warriors from various countries and kingdoms who later agreed to help him undone everything.
>>
>>15498957
>>15497151
These two sound kind of like bizarre versions of the same timeline.
>>
-Writing.
-Power Armors/Battle Armors.
-Futuristic.
-A LOT of main characters. How they get their armors is through hard fucking work.
-Nope.
-Earth is invaded by a secret alien mechanical force called the "Solars". Later in the story their origin is revealed. Earth is composed of three massive lands, and this story just goes through a whole bunch of things. Fighting, character conflict, and much more. I want to reveal the "Solars" true origin but i feel like i'm spoling it.

Pic is related.
Posted like 10 chapters through wattpad, and 16 on deviantart.
>>
Need help with my story idea in >>15486509. I plan on going with three prototype mecha ala the original Mobile Suit Gundam and Metal Armor Dragonar, but the problem is this: Should I make my three prototypes different in terms of design between each other?
>>
File: 1415994804929.jpg (216KB, 672x728px) Image search: [Google]
1415994804929.jpg
216KB, 672x728px
About 10-20 meters
A fantasy world similar to the setting of Escaflowne/Dunbine/Dragon Quest series based on various black cultures, mythology and people around the world.

The mecha in the series are basically large armor constructs that use a magical crystal in order to move them, and are piloted by the user's mental/physical strength. So if the user can use magical spells, so can the mecha, (just think of a less technical Mobile Trace System)

Although there are a few of these "armors" that were dug up and yielded by a few people and can be summoned to them in an instant. In reality, these are the "corpses" left behind by various deities who have decided to leave the realm instead of fighting over it constantly, leaving behind the armor as an 'influence'. They self-repair over time, and if the pilot is killed, they vanish, and reappear somewhere else in the world for someone else to claim.

He's heavily injured in a purge, and escapes. He finds the Shango Armor and collaspes. He's revived with the life energy of a Impundulu or Lightining Bird which enables him to use Shango's powerful lightning to decimate armies despite his complete ineptitude with magic, although he can only use this ability every once in a while. Rather than drinking blood, he feels slightly more refreshed after a battle, influencing his enjoyment of combat (which was just something he did to compete with others) as well as his thirst for revenge
>>
File: 9c4016b670fa.png (295KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
9c4016b670fa.png
295KB, 640x480px
>>15503082
Considering the setting, they don't really exist. I was considering a far away land departed from the central conflict around the early 1900s era of technology with guns and what not, but depending on how things develop, I might scrap it. The primary conflict is fought with swords, spears, arrows, other weapons and magical, after all.
After awakening from his 'near death' experience, the MC awakens to a world where the Religious Cult has greatly influenced the world around him, including various kingdoms that are willing to fight others for not accepting The Deity. There are those that genininuely belief in The Deity, and there are those that are doing it in fear of being cursed/killed. The MC sets out in a blind quest of vengeance, out destroy anything closely related to The Deity, calling it's worshipers "rock watchers" and "stone friends", and eventually gathers together a small ragtag group, even helping one land destroy a vanguard kingdom that joined The Deity's side for personal gang.

But eventually, the MC's attitude causes the group to break up, and he ends up at another kingdom lives safely because of the royalties magic protecting them from invasion. He ends up in a weird relationship with one of the princesses who helps him become a better person (although initially the joke is, she's instinctively drawn to him out of curiosity and her bad taste in men)
Via a possession plot, The Deity's Head Shaman manages to kill her, but she manages to cast out any influence of The Deity from the land before dying. Now inspired to fight outside of blind revenge, the MC moves out to stop the senseless battling.
>>
File: 1315277710049.jpg (90KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1315277710049.jpg
90KB, 700x600px
>>15503132
The truth is, I haven't hammered out everything in the story just yet, all of the cultures to be drawn from, or even the length. This is probably the first I've put it into words, because I've been trying to work on getting better at drawing first, least I end up with a 44 page document for a fan sequel like I did last time.

-The reality of the situation is that The Diety's Lead Shaman has discovered fact the various deities have abandoned the realm, thus there wouldn't be much compettition if another DID appear
The Deity's name is actually HIS name, and he becomes even more powerful the more people worship.By combining enough faith and "damned souls", he can actually become a deity himself. He actually does mean to do well with this, but as with many of the characters, he is to demonstrate the ills of religious fanaticism and mental illnesses, the matter the most this his character

-The cause of the break up is because of a little girl with pale skin that the MC dislikes for various reasons. The truth is, she's there to connect the series to another one to another idea I had, and to cover the issue of racism. But this feels a little too on the nose and a cheap plug in for something that might never happen even more so than this will. But, her, the magician character who becomes her caretaker and foil to The MC and the setting was inspired by this picture.
-There's another character with the Ogun Armor. The truth is that he IS Ogun in human form. Instead of leaving off with the other deities, he decided to become a human, not wanting to stop fighting like the others. He shows up every now and then to harass the MC into bloodied combat and how they both grow stronger after a battle. His design/background would be influenced by all of the Nigerians in Japan, because that shit fascinates me to no end.
>>15496468
Thanks. Mythology in those eras is practically untouched, so it's not too hard to tap into to try and make something interesting. I'm ju
>>
>>15482518
See, because all the characters are themselves robots, I can't decide whether they should use mechs, power armor, or their own bodies. Or even all of the above.

Especially in regards to door #3, since I know full well that everyone will leap at the chance to call it a Transformers knockoff. Because apparently Hasbro owns the very concept of alien robots, right?
>>
>>15503758
>I can't decide whether they should use mechs, power armor, or their own bodies. Or even all of the above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtBKAXqyv5A

All of them.
>>
>>15503758
I'd like to see that. Maybe like, early on, it's power armor/own bodies, because they're robots, and they also get cool backpacks and shit, and then later on, they get bigger armor to compensate for lower firepower.

>>15503906
>not posting J
>>
>>15494922
Does this include Baron Samedi? Haitian lore seems like a neat topic to cover.
>>
>>15503921
Of course I'm not posting J, I'm posting Rom fucking Stol.
>>
>>15504397
fuck i meant SRWJ, my b

on second thought tho W is a better idea, it has braves
>>
>>15499576

I see Layzner has a cousin there. You said you have a DA?
>>
File: diamond_head.jpg (63KB, 556x396px) Image search: [Google]
diamond_head.jpg
63KB, 556x396px
>>15504904
>I see Layzner has a cousin there.

Layzner and Dougram, yeah. And Cruise Chaser Blassty, too, to a degree.

See, one of the gimmicks that's supposed to be in the new edition of Mekton is that the cockpit is in the head -- but the pilot seat slides down inside the body for combat. For ejecting (or just getting around) the pilot seat can go back up into the head, which can detach and cruise around as an independent vehicle. These were some idea sketches, back when I was still involved in the project.

>You said you have a DA?

Yessir.

http://grebo-guru.deviantart.com/gallery/

I haven't drawn much in quite a while. Gotta get back to it.
>>
The Iczer-3 and first and third volumes of the Iczelion audio dramas are up on the same folder. I hope the second volume for Iczelion turns up somewhere.
>>
>>15485104
Nothing, that guy is a felcher.
>>
B[L]UMP[KIN]
>>
File: autism.jpg (54KB, 548x456px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
54KB, 548x456px
I know how to draw but I'm not creative enough to create my own materials.
>>
>>15508982
>I'm not creative enough

There is no line separating not-creative and creative. Stop defeating yourself.
>>
File: because he said he would.jpg (196KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
because he said he would.jpg
196KB, 1920x1080px
>>15509006
T
>>
>>15509054
>>15509006
Fuck you, post.

That was supposed to say "This man speaks the truth."
>>
File: .webm (3MB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
.webm
3MB, 1024x600px
I'm pretty shit at 3D modeling and writing any sort of lore. But I want to make a mecha game. Here's one day of progress.
>>
>>15494763
I'm running a OYW based tabletop with some friends. I guess that means I'm kinda writing something
>>
>>15509917
Very nice. I can imagine that that level design would be a bitch though.
>>
File: New canvas.jpg (3MB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
New canvas.jpg
3MB, 1920x2160px
>>15509006
>>15509054
Ok, I gave it a shot, but only because of the pug.
>>
File: FK2.png (638KB, 848x1141px) Image search: [Google]
FK2.png
638KB, 848x1141px
Around 50 meters

Near future.

4 Pilots.
The main pilot when when combined is an elf swords woman from another dimension. Became a pilot due to her ability to control mystical crystals shaped in a form of a giant humanoid. Drives the first unit.
The ground commander, male, was a former tank commander. Forced to retire due to an injury (amputee on the left arm) when the enemies first attacked. His left arm was replaced with a bionic one which allows him to interface with his machine. Drives the 2nd unit.
Husband and wife engineers drives the 3rd unit. Being part of the design team of the mecha, they volunteered to provide on-battle technical support.

I haven't decided on this one yet.

Invading mechanical civilization that hops from one dimension to another to plunder its resources. Elf dimension got attacked and survivors were force to hop to the human dimension. The humans and elves unite their tech to form a deterrent against the invaders.

Pic of the combiner. Still incomplete.
>>
>>15512025

Fuck me, that's fantastic. You did that? Dude, really good!!! Damn... I might need to hire you for some freelance work.

>size 50 meters

Fuck yeah man!
>>
File: Black Getter Custom.jpg (66KB, 500x654px) Image search: [Google]
Black Getter Custom.jpg
66KB, 500x654px
>>15482518
I’m in the process of repurposing some old setting notes for an RPG Campaign at the moment, may as well share.

50 meters, drawing mostly from those Super Robots of yesteryear and the more modern ones that pay homage to them.

>What type of world is it? Present day, futuristic, or past?
Futuristic, though lacking in space travel. In the aftermath of an invasion by two dozen towering alien “Warganisms”, the world has consolidated into the United Earth Goverments and focused on reconstruction and the development of an armed force that can repel future invasions. Using technology based on the original super robot, Hygarde, they have used the reconstruction to transition the world to clean energy and construct things on a scale formerly unseen, such as orbital elevators.

The PC’s are individually scouted to function as pilots for Platinum, an independent organization with technology beyond the UEG’s. As tensions within the UEG are building, Platinum exists to prevent the world from being drawn into a war utilizing Super Robot Technology. Their efforts are complicated by the existence of a renegade black robot who seems to be carrying out a covert campaign against the UEG.

Not against super robots. Though Alloy G can be used on conventional tanks, the true power of the Super Robot is the Hyperdimension Drive which is simply too big to be fitted on conventional weapons. The development of the UEG’s first Space Defense Fortress suggests that humanoid weapons may be phased out in the future, but for the time being nothing can match them for destructive power and durability.
>>
File: Shin vs Neo.jpg (103KB, 564x827px) Image search: [Google]
Shin vs Neo.jpg
103KB, 564x827px
>>15512373
The core conceit of the setting is basically “Nuclear Proliferation Through The Lens Of Giant Robots”. The UEG struggles to maintain a monopoly on the technology, but it’s already slipping beyond their control. Platinum and the Rogue are simply the vanguards of this independent movement, and as each faction shows up the certainty of Armageddon seems to grow closer.

Also, the bulk of the invaders forces are finally arriving, and while the existence of the UEG’s Rapid Deployment Force means the Earth is better prepared to defend itself, they’re still fighting an uphill battle against a numerically superior foe. There’s also evidence of other aliens abducting individuals who’ve been exposed to Hyperdimension radiation for their own not-yet-revealed purposes.
>>
>>15511528
Cool shit anon. Id love to see you do more on the concept.
>>
File: 1494389278762.jpg (18KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
1494389278762.jpg
18KB, 500x279px
>tfw I have ideas for multiple original /m/ stories, and even fanfiction, but I can't make myself sit down and actually write anything
>>
File: 1422660440567.jpg (333KB, 1531x1312px) Image search: [Google]
1422660440567.jpg
333KB, 1531x1312px
>>15482518
About about 3m to 10m tall for the most part. Spider tanks are the largest thing on the ground.

A few hundred years in the future. FTL travel has let mankind spread out a few hundred light years from Sol, but there hasn't been much of a push for greater exploration in the past 100 years. The Great Interstellar War (GIW) ended the golden age of expansion and broke up all the major power blocs, and the human race has been picking up the pieces since then. You might consider it a post-post-apocalypse, where the apocalypse part was a lot of inhabited worlds going through a sort of post-WWII Europe period.

Armies consisted entirely of robots and AI. When the major nations were destroyed in the GIW, a lot of their armies were orphaned. Successor and bum states didn't necessarily have access to the command and control infrastructure of the armies, and so a lot of AI commanders were left to their own devices. Some were deactivated through legitimate, some made the decision to surrender, some fought on in the name of their dead nations, and a lot of them are simply in hiding, carrying out their final order to hold their ground until the end of time.

Nests of renegade robots were a problem at first. But a hundred years after the war, cleaning them up isn't too difficult anymore. Explorers, surveyors, and envoys trying to establish contact with colonies that went dark during the war have established careful protocols for dealing with the sleeping hives.

Today the real threat is from the new regional powers developing in the post-reconstruction era – both in the form of war between burgeoning powers competing for resources and influence, and in the memetic strategies each these powers use to administer their expanse of space. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
>>
File: 1477828275902.jpg (24KB, 400x356px) Image search: [Google]
1477828275902.jpg
24KB, 400x356px
>>15512431
After the GIW humans have re-introduced into command structures down to the company level. This was due to post-war treaties meant to prevent the orphaned military units from ever running amok.

The MC is from a military family. I’m still fleshing him out as a person and his specific motivations for joining. He’s a lieutenant in charge of a reconnaissance company made of up 40-ton recon mechs and half-ton infantry scout mechs. He pilots a C4I version of one of the 40-tonners, and works closely with a sapient AI adjutant who serves as his XO and co-pilot. In a given mission the MC will either be teleoperating his mech from a command post, or – if the situation demands it – he’ll be forward-deployed inside the mech.

At the current frame of reference, air craft or are either low-altitude/NOE fliers or orbital spacecraft. The sky is currently a dangerous place to be, with directed energy and hypervelocity weapons being able to score kills reliably on most aircraft, which necessarily lack heavy armor. They either fly low and fast to avoid detection, or fly too high for surfaces weapons to hit them.

The exceptions would be aircraft that can carry tank-levels of armor – which is possible, but makes them large, slow, and expensive, which begins to raise the question of why you aren’t using a tank. That said, aircraft of this type do find some use on the modern battlefield.
>>
File: 1452813056375.jpg (305KB, 1280x783px) Image search: [Google]
1452813056375.jpg
305KB, 1280x783px
>>15512433
In situations where low-orbit raft can position themselves over a battlefield without being threatened by aerospace defenses, they can give a commanding view of the battlefield and provide timely and accurate fire support to ground forces. They’re terribly effective when they can get access, so the key to aerospace combat is to prevent them from doing so.

Tanks can still bring heavy armor and big guns in a relatively compact package, and if they’re ground vehicles they don’t have to worry about massive maneuver drives and power plants. Being on the ground also makes them easier to hide than aircraft.

Also, I dig spider tanks, so my tanks are mecha as well. Hah.

The central conflict is in the MC. I’m exploring the personal impact of the MC’s deployments and the nature of the wars he fights. I like to think of it as Forever War meets VOTOMS. It’s not a story of politics or ideals, but a story of the human toll of brutal cybernetic warfare.

The current story I’m working on is the MC and two of his childhood friends joining at the same time and going on their first deployment. Each is sent to a different brigade, but all of their units are involved in joint military exercises with an independent world that’s decided to join the interstellar union the characters are from. Dissidents instigate a coup d’état and the three of them are pulled into the brutal fighting as their nation intervenes in the unfolding civil war.
>>
File: FK2 Units.png (522KB, 2048x1141px) Image search: [Google]
FK2 Units.png
522KB, 2048x1141px
>>15512068
Yeah. I used Sketchup for that.
>Damn... I might need to hire you for some freelance work.
Sorry, I gotta pass due to work and other stuff. I've been adding its components slowly since the middle of last year if I have the time.

>>15512025
Here's the individual units.
Unit 1 is the on in middle. Forms the upper arm, and head.
Unit 2 is the bipedal tank. Forms the torso and thighs.
And unit 3, which largely incomplete, is in the rightmost. Forms the forearms, hands, legs, and feet.
>>
File: Mouth05Lulus.png (637KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mouth05Lulus.png
637KB, 1920x1080px
>>15482518

20m to 40 m

Future 15 years from now

Brain is removed from human and placed in a special container that controls the mecha

No, some robots have godlike powers

Other brains fighting for power
>>
At the moment I'm editing and fixing up something that's a mix of /m/ and /o/, because I love Cyber Formula, Redline, Wipeout and F Zero but wanted to write something comfy as hell.

Single seater GEV craft for racing

Chill as fuck future world long after a series of space wars, with a lot of the technology now just used for extreme sports - hover car racing (using tech devised for space fighters and grav tanks) is a popular activity.

His adoptive father figure and a local crazy old engineer (who used to be a top racer) helped him get set up with a racing team.

What is the central conflict?
He's single, he isn't winning races, he wants a better run of luck. His friends are in a crap garage band, his plane isn't very good, his sort of father has emotional baggage.
>>
>>1679816
>>
File: XCOM_EW_ConceptArt_MEC2.jpg (45KB, 640x742px) Image search: [Google]
XCOM_EW_ConceptArt_MEC2.jpg
45KB, 640x742px
>>15512373
>>15512377
It sounds a little like Super Robot XCOM. I dig it.
>>
File: Gold Buster.jpg (756KB, 1110x948px) Image search: [Google]
Gold Buster.jpg
756KB, 1110x948px
>>15512712
The original version had a tighter focus on the relationship between the UEG, Platinum, and the Rogue. Basically, once the invasion was done, the fledgling UEG sponsored a military raid on Hygarde's base of operations (aided by a betrayer in the science team). The first pilot detonated the robot to try and keep the tech from government hands, the second was badly wounded by formed an organization to try and fulfill the wills of the original project, and the third kind of went on a revenge kick.

Switching the focus from those character to the new PC's means I need to deemphasize that a bit to give whatever hooks the players bring to the mix a bit more prominence. Thus, the alien presence got bumped up in importance a bit.
>>
Kinda like Patlabor, 6-8m at most

Near future, but with a somewhat alternate past.

He's a soldier in the Federation. He enlisted as a regular vehicle pilot cause he was only good at GOING FAST but ended up passing the aptitude tests for the mechas.

Yes, very much so. The robots are much more versatile, however, so the mostly stick to supporting roles.

Without giving much away, a scouting party of nomadic robot aliens touch down on Earth and start causing trouble.

tfw got the entire plot, character arcs and even UPGRADES planned out but writer's block is making it impossible to put it into words
tfw instead of putting in some hard work I keep fantasizing SRW animations for the units
>>
>>15503933
I haven't quite cemented which cultures would be represented, a lot of the story isn't cemented actually. I'm still wondering on how to represent black culture in America that isn't upsetting the story by being too modern and up to date.

But ultimately, until I get handle of my drawing skills down, I haven't even put the idea to paper yet. There's no point in doing it if I can't learn to draw
>>
>>15482518
Just decided I might try my hand at DMing a Tabletop game again. Gonna try to learn Mekton Zeta. Currently brainstorming ideas for a Martian Rebellion story because I have a complete boner for anything having to do with the Red Planet.

Please throw Red or Green Grunt mecha at me that my players won't recognize. IE not Gundam.
>>
>>15513291
>>
Hey, does anyone have any general tips for drawing Mecha? I'm writing a story with /m/ designs in it, and i usually like to sketch what I'm writing about for clarity.

Im a pretty average artist when it comes to humans but when it comes to mecha I'm complete shit. Any advice or tutorials you guys have used to improve would be appreciate.
>>
>>15513927
Just completely dissect mechanical designs and designers you like. That's all you need.
Figure out how the mechanical aspects were executed relative to the forms, the proportions you prefer your mechs to have, how to work the contours of the panels and parts that comprise the mech, and so-on.

I'd honestly avoid mecha tutorials. Most are either shit or lead to excessively bland mechs
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.