[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Childhood is idolizing Tekkadan Adulthood is realizing that Rustal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

Childhood is idolizing Tekkadan
Adulthood is realizing that Rustal Elion did nothing wrong

Tekkadan == Reddit
Gjallarhorn == 4chan
>>
wait what how did you come to this

>Tekkadan
Social outcasts and misfits somehow brought together in to a singular group.

>Gjallarhorn
A very public group well known to almost everyone in their setting.

You honestly think Tekkadan's reddit and Gjallharn is 4chan instead of the other way round?
>>
>>15481898
And achieving actual intelligence is realizing that Tekkadan were ruthless thugs and Rustal was a corrupt pragmatist.
>>
File: harrisonford.jpg (220KB, 600x324px) Image search: [Google]
harrisonford.jpg
220KB, 600x324px
>>15481935
>>15481936
>>
File: 1490692248204.png (240KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490692248204.png
240KB, 540x720px
>STILL posting IBO
>>
>>15481936
In the real world the UN would label Orga, Kudelia and Makanai as monsters.

The way it goes folks is that the UN does recognize that there are children who enlist in armies in order to survive. It can ease the financial burden off their family, they'll have a place to sleep as well as meals. The UN knows this, as well as how some kids may be attracted to the ideas of being a hero/martyr or having a heroic death.

Some of these sound familiar boys? We have Takaki and Biscuit joining up for their families, Orga and Mika joining CGS to survive, Hush wanting to be a hero, Shino dying in a heroic-looking kamikaze attack... Not to mention Nagai saying he wanted to do a heroic death a la the Shinsengumi.

The official stance the UN takes is they don't care if the kids enlist willingly or are abducted from their homes and forced into fighting, there is no real difference. Either way, the kids are being taken advantage of. Children can make effective soldiers due to the comparative ease of indoctrinating them and they can fight with less regard for their own safety because they may not fully understand what death is yet. Commanders who use child soldiers must be held accountable for their actions.

And let's not forget Ride here. One of the youngest members of Tekkadan, and insisted on the kids watching Mika kill Carta. Takaki quit after seeing how reckless Orga was being and losing badly during the Earth Arc, and the soon-to-be MS pilot Ride ignores what Takaki went through and just says "I don't want to lose to Takaki," like it was all a game or something. And in the end he wasn't able to move on from the Mikazuki-influence mindset that ultimately poisoned Tekkadan. It's hard not to see him as indoctrinated.

IBO is like Goodfellas, a movie where a mobster giving his side of the story of the mob life. It's child soldiers giving their side of the story. Tekkadan's side of the story. It's hard not to imagine the show is just Ride's version of events.
>>
>>15481898
Having good taste is dropping this show early on.
>>
>>15482028
>In the real world the UN would label Orga, Kudelia and Makanai as monsters.
Well the UN can eat shit so there's that.
>>
>>15481970
You should be thankful that people are still shitposting about IBO.
>>
>>15482079
There's also this being a make believe cartoon made to sell toys
>>
>>15482028
>In the real world...

In the real world there wouldn't be anything to hide Rustal's crimes. Only in IBO's fucked up society would Tekkadan would be considered monsters considering they were the least corrupted organization there.

>IBO is like Goodfellas
Except its not just like the retard making Scarface comparisons, Nagai literally failed to capture Tekkadan in a negative light and the ending outlook is far too happy and things work out far too well for to really see any negative effect they may have since they essentially got what they want and the worst you can possibly say is that "Ride killed that fucking fat asshole who everyone wanted dead now he's on the corrupt road to no return". Give me a fucking break.
>>
>>15482155
>Nagai literally failed to capture Tekkadan in a negative light
Wrong, they murdered innocent people.
>>
>>15482165
>they murdered innocent people.
Yeah like Carta right?
>>
>>15482165
Cool horseshit bro.
>>
>>15482165
>they murdered innocent people.
Like?
>>
>>15482175
and that banker and the GCS guys and fuck knows how many civilians
>>15482177
Hi Anime Suki
>>
>>15482187
>and that banker and the GCS guys
You mean the people that treated them like absolute shit and got one of them killed? Yeah..."innocent"

>and fuck knows how many civilians
Probably the same amount you had to reach inside your ass to get
>>
>>15481970
>00 fags STILL think anything they say matter
>>
>>15481935

o lord, we are Tekkadan.
>>
>>15482213
Spotted the AGEtard
>>
>>15482197
>You mean the people that treated them like absolute shit and got one of them killed? Yeah..."innocent"
Technically they were and they were murderers, the point stands.
>>
>>15482246
>Technically they were
No not really, they were also knee deep in shit themselves

> and they were murderers
Well they got something in common

The point still falls because they wete still worse human beings than they were
>>
>>15482264
>No not really, they were also knee deep in shit themselves
Wrong and wrong again
>>
>>15482076
>>
>>15482224

spotted the Destinigger
>>
>>15482187
Tekkedan never killed civilians.The only group who we saw killing civilians was Gjallhorn.

Most of the people Tekkedan killed were actively trying to kill them or their allies.
>>
>>15482317
Let's look how that played out.

We had them killing that guy who sent the Dawn Corps Horizon after Kudelia. Scummy, sure, but the guy was still a civilian. And it's not like Tekkadan could have gotten away with killing him either, he was a public figure and McGillis had to cover up what they had done.

And then there's Jasley. Sure, again he's scummy but to the rest of the world he's the executive director of the JPT Trust. Tekkadan killed someone who was probably seen as a legitimate business man, since mafia often like to hide behind such a guise, and unless McGillis covered it up as well that would have made the news. And the scary part of it is, Tekkadan didn't even have proof Jasley did it. They just said "this guy did it, we know he did it" and went out to murder him, without even investigating anything. They killed a civilian they believed wronged them without any evidence.
>>
>>15482340
>Jasley
Was the word of the Turbines and even McMurdo (indirectly) not enough? Or how Jasley was obviously goading them at Naze's funeral?
>>
>>15482340
Don't forget the numerous Gjallerhorn soldiers Tekkedan killed.
>>
>>15482352
Yeah, it kinda is. Tekkadan had to leave Teiwaz in order to get revenge. If that was enough, they could have gotten the hit SANCTIONED by McMurdo and stayed a part of the organization. Jasley did betray a lot more than Naze after all.
>>
>>15482340
>We had them killing that guy who sent the Dawn Corps Horizon
Yes, the man who hired a PMC company to attack Mars's most beloved politician, the maiden of the revolution, Ms. Kudelia-SUGOI. The man who had them attack Tekkadan's mine, which up and running would have bolstered Mars's economy through increasing trade and, more importantly, creating viable jobs for unskilled workers.

Fucker was content to set back Mars if it meant that he could be in the politics limelight again.
>>
>>15482387
And guess who didn't get spared after being cornered and even plead for their life?
>>
>>15482307
>>15482340
>>15482378
>>15482368
Wow...you guys outright sucked at trying to portray them in a negative light
>>
>>15481898
He didn't kill all the kids though. That's a pretty big fail.
>>
>>15483636
I think that's part of the issue at hand. The IBO story is a little mixed in what it portrays. In some scenes you get the sense that the child-soldiering is bad shit especially with how many debris get offed in the first season working fro scummy adults and kudelia's I-feel-bad-for-these-kids attitude. But then you have the idea of family (which I guess ties in pretty well with the idea of mafia) which makes it look like these kids are trying to forge their own bright future, and they are, but they're dumb kids who don't know any better and behave like indoctrinated zealots at times.

In the end you ask what is the show trying to say, and I'm not sure if they even know. Maybe they're trying to portray events almost even-handedly so they're not making a major claim one way or the other. Too bad the show is still hell-of contrived with some pretty inane writing so it's hard to actually take seriously and it instead feels like it's tonally mixed-up.
>>
File: The creation of Bait.png (148KB, 2500x1645px) Image search: [Google]
The creation of Bait.png
148KB, 2500x1645px
>>15481898
>>
>>15484064
IBO was weird. It felt like the writers changed the story in an attempt to make Tekkedan the villains. The writers also went out of their way to show Gjallhorn was corrupt and responsible for the messed up state of the world but tried to justify them at the same time.

Tekkedan did a lot of wrong but they were a lot better than Gjallhorn. Rustal reforming everything at the end felt like a cheap way for the writers to claim that Gjallhorn wasn't evil.
>>
>>15482155
>Only in IBO's fucked up society would Tekkadan would be considered monsters
Goddamn, I've never seen a more blue-pilled post.
What kind of fairytale are you living in, boy?
>>
>>15481970
New to 4chan. Does anyone here actually like Greco?
>>
>>15487731
I like G Reco. I found it more enjoyable than IBO.
>>
>>15481898
>Gjallarhorn == 4chan
>they both enable pedophiles
Sounds legit.
>>
>>15487623
Typical fake gundam fan response
>>
>>15481898
I bet you liked Destiny too.

Tekkadan == Shin levels of cucked by writer.
Yeller Horn == Shit
>>
Didn't like either faction of characters. God, characters and story were so poor in this series.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.