[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know what to say about this other than I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: IMPACT.jpg (95KB, 1436x905px) Image search: [Google]
IMPACT.jpg
95KB, 1436x905px
I don't know what to say about this other than I thought it was a fever dream. Mystical Ninja starring Goemon for Nintendo 64. What kind of nightmares did the mech named "impact" give you as children, /m/?
>>
>>15478820
Man, I fucking loved Impact. No nightmares, any dreams with him in it were very pleasant. I don't know why I imprinted on him so strongly, maybe because I liked the idea of first-person mecha piloting?
>>
File: I AM IMPACT!.png (758KB, 475x639px) Image search: [Google]
I AM IMPACT!.png
758KB, 475x639px
DA-DA-DASH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc4v7R1ci3M
>>
>>15478820
None, because I didn't even play the game until I was already in my 20s.
>>
>>15478820
when i was in middle school a friend rented this from Blockbuster once
and somehow they gave him the Japanese version.
why did the Bockbuster even have the Japanese version available to rent?
>>
SUPER PUNCH!!

Man I loved this game when I was a lad. Almost makes me want to play it again
>>
>>15479006
This guys gets it. That theme is fuckin' choice
>>
>>15479337
For some reason rental chains did import N64 games. I distinctly remember the import of Mischief Makers at either Blockbuster and or Hollywood Video.
>>
>>15479386
How did you guys get around the the "region lock" on the 64 for those games? I bought a JP copy in middle school and when my friend borrowed it he heated up a knife with a candle and used it to cut the region lock out.
>>
>>15478820
nightmares ?

it´s summoning sequence got me fucking hyped and i had savefiles for all 3 impact fights
>>
>>15479386
Would be cool if Sin & Punishment was in one of those.
>>
>>15479389
I don't recall how they did it, I wasn't an N64 user back then.
I would assume they just cut notches in the cart.
>>
>>15478820
Goemon is an amazing series and Impact is cool as fuck, what's wrong with you?

Mystical Ninja was one of my most beloved games as a kid and now it's easily my favorite N64 game. Anyone know how the second N64 game is? I hear it's possibly the best Goemon game.
>>
>>15480431
Bretty good, but don't expect to see the Impact intro sequences or the title intro in overseas versions, possibly due to song license problems.
>>
>>15478820
Loved him. The boss fights piloting Impact is video game perfection.
>>
>>15478820
Absolutely loved impact, didn't learn until almost 2 decades later that he could fire lasers.
>>
>>15478820
Nightmares? I love Impact. He's my friend and a friend to justice!

DA
DA
DASH

Also
GANBARE
SO GANBARE
AKIRAME NAI DE
>>
>>15480607
I love how the goddamn bird at the beginning of the intro ran at like 60fps. Only thing I saw on the N64 that did that, blew my mind as a kid
>>
>>15478820
made me sing along his theme even i didn't know a lick of moonrunes everytime it starts playing and made me wish for a mode where you can control him like you do with goemon and the gang
>>
Goemon is one of the most /m/ video games to exist. Not just the subject matter, but the fact that you know that the devs were massive fans of giant robot media. It also happens to be one of the best games of its era. It's a /m/an's wet dream.
>>
File: 1454482-sasuke01[1].png (404KB, 608x416px) Image search: [Google]
1454482-sasuke01[1].png
404KB, 608x416px
Impact wasn't the only great robot in it though!
>>
>>15481025
The most amazing part is the franchise wasn't even /m/ until it got into the Super Famicom era. It takes some serious skill to pull the rug out from under people's feet without having them cry foul.
>>
>>15479006
BREAKDOWN!
WAHOO REACTION NOW A GUCCI COLA SALE!
SHE SUCKS, HE SUCKS, GENGAR POWER!
I'VE GOT TO LATHER BAR ROOM CHEESE!
OBI WAN COACHES... I AM IMPACTO!

http://www.verylowsodium.com/fanimutation/dash.html
>>
>>15479389
If you opened up the N64, there was a plastic tray in the cartridge slot with some tabs on it. You could file those off with a rasp or something and then the cartridges would fit in.
>>
>>15481239
Fuck that's a blast from the past. And yeah I know about the tray underneath, that's how my import shop did it, but my friend didn't have access to the tools so he used a candle heated knife. It worked fine and was able to play Super Robot Fighting Spirits with me too.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.