[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Those first three episodes were some of Imagawa's best.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: inline_nsto1lb63M1tupkgn_1280.jpg (390KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
inline_nsto1lb63M1tupkgn_1280.jpg
390KB, 1280x720px
Those first three episodes were some of Imagawa's best. The direction, the atmosphere, the intrigue were perfect.

What a shame. Getter Armageddon was well on its way on becoming the best mecha anime ever made.

Can't blame Kawagoe for putting it all together though. The show still ended up being good.
>>
>>15477390
Kawagoe's answers were bullshit, but at least they were answers. You know Imgawa was just going to cocktease for 12 episodes and then cop out at the end, assuming he didn't get the damn thing cancelled before it made it that far.
>>
>>15477390
>Getter
>Good
pick one
>>
>>15477390
>Liking Chin Getter
shit taste
>>
>>15477401
>Mecha
>Ever good

It was a mistake since Tetsujin.
>>
>>15477390
All things considered the final product is impressively cohesive. I don't mind what we ended up with.
>>
>>15477399

Imagawa would give answers, but the main story itself would remain unfinished.
>>
>>15477401
I'm sorry you have poor tastes.
>>
>>15477390
I fear that had Imagawa stayed on it would have gone in an entirely different direction and would have been like Shin Mazinger that the beginning is in future. It might not have been bad, but I'm very happy with how things turned out.

>>15477399
>Kawagoe's answers were bullshit
Like what?
>>
>>15477423
And? Shin Mazinger was great. It had a cinematic flair that was unmatched compared to any other mecha series.

Same for Tetsujin 28th 2004, Giant Robo, and those first three episodes of Armageddon.

However, I feel that Armageddon's plotline that was presented was the most interesting one.
>>
>>15477423
>This girl was a boy, but she was really always a girl who forgot that she used to be a boy.
>>
>>15477421
>Says the guy that likes Getter Robo
Oh the irony
>>
>>15477423
>Like what?

The bit about Getter somehow reversing evolution in episode 3 is never explained.

There's also how the invaders are presented as appearing out of nowhere in Getter related things, but in later episodes they're basically a generic invasion force.
>>
>>15477466
Yeah, Getter Robo is one of the best series out there. If I hated it, i'd hate mecha.
>>
>>15477466
That's rich coming from someone who likes IBO.
>>
Armageddon somehow had a better, more cohesive plot than New
>>
>>15477435
>And? Shin Mazinger was great. It had a cinematic flair that was unmatched compared to any other mecha series.
>However, I feel that Armageddon's plotline that was presented was the most interesting one.
That's what I mean. I love Shin Mazinger but I think it's story is a little sloppy, meanwhile I adore what Armageddon accomplished and think Kawagoe did an excellent job.

>>15477463
The fuck the girl was always a girl, just everyone thought when she was young she was a boy because she was only a few years old and kept quiet. They especially thought she was a boy because she was so shocked from seeing her dead father that she wouldn't speak and they considered her autistic. Even then the twist that Kei was Genki is obvious and a very minor detail to begin with.
>>
>>15477493
>The bit about Getter somehow reversing evolution in episode 3 is never explained.
It wasn't reversed evolution, that was the invaders. They set off the bomb thinking it would kill invaders and humans would survive but it's revealed that invaders are also a race chosen by Getter and in fact have a higher tolerance than humans do. The invaders tricked humans into dropping the bomb so they could be put in a position where they were better off than humans. That also wasn't Kawagoe that was all Imagawa since that resolved in episode 3, it's why Stinger and Cohen at first pretend to be scared of the bomb but they insure it gets dropped.

>There's also how the invaders are presented as appearing out of nowhere in Getter related things, but in later episodes they're basically a generic invasion force.
I mean that was just we knew little about them and then we find out they are a corrupted Getter species that want to wipe out humanity and keep forcing their evolution. This also was not really Kawagoe and more Imagawa.
>>
>>15477501
>Yeah, Getter Robo is one of the best series out there
Nice shit taste buddy

>>15477503
IBO was as shitty as Getter tho
>>
>>15477493
>Episode 3
I think you mean Episode 2.

>>15477553
The bombs are dropped in Episode 3, yeah. The whole "Getter Beam de-evolution" thing happens in Episode 2. Go uses Shin's Getter Beam and basically it basically results in the area it hits devolving.
>>
File: 1285619553140.jpg (15KB, 367x390px) Image search: [Google]
1285619553140.jpg
15KB, 367x390px
Why didn't anybody ever simply make a straight up adaptation of the manga?

Go full Jojo.

Why are they retarded?
>>
File: 1217283865651.png (553KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1217283865651.png
553KB, 640x480px
>>15477390
I'm with you 100%. Imagawa's Getter Robo Armageddon had the potential for true animated greatness. Everything was in place, the production values were amazing. The real kicker is that Imagawa's Getter Robo would have been much more similar to an Ishikawa manga than anything else out there.

Kawagoe can throw in random references to Ishikawa manga, but Imagawa actually nailed the atmosphere and pacing of an Ishikawa manga. You could really see the Majuu Sensen and Shin Getter Robo influence on the tone of the first three (and best) episodes.

This is the timeline where Imagawa never got to complete his vision of Getter Robo Armageddon and Ken Ishikawa died far too soon. This is the worst timeline.
>>
>>15477831
Correct.

Kawagoe can't really do this mix and match that Imagawa does, but to Kawagoe's credit, he can adapt a scene from any manga to a perfection.
>>
>this mediocrity is the best animated Getter will ever be

Fucking kill me
>>
>>15477966
>this mediocrity
if you think armageddon is mediocre, i wonder what you think of the entirety of mecha
>>
>>15477637
Does it really devolve though? Sure a bunch of plants sprouted, but the dinosaurs were all Invaders in disguise.
>>
>Imagawa
It would have probably developed into kung fu fights between characters from Kyomu Senki and Yakuza Weapon with some very well animated mecha action once every 3 episodes, and a very good direction that doesn't give a single fuck about mecha anime.
>>
>>15478179
You trying to say this shitshow is in any way among the best mecha anime?
>>
>>15478236
>any way among the best mecha anime?
Which is?
>>
>>15477390
>anything other then the manga
>canon
>getter robo
>anything but an exercise in what happens if you allow the parasite of reality known as humanity run unchecked.
>>
>>15477553

Didn't Stinger and Cohen actually try to diffuse the bomb before they got interrupted by Getter Team? I distinctly recall them angrily retorting that they were trying to help before going all "welp, too late now, enjoy your impending apocalypse idiots lol"
>>
>>15480518
I don't remember that at all
>>
>>15478236
Not like there's a high standard, to be fair
>>
>>15480518
No, they weren't trying to stop the bomb. They were basically the reason it got launched in the first place
>>
>>15480518
They were tricking the team into thinking stopping the bomb was a bad idea, pretending they wanted to take it down. When the bomb was imminent they made sure nothing could stop it and laughed as they fucked off because they knew the invaders would survive the bomb and humans would just fuck themselves.
>>
>>15480518
>>15480682
>>15480707
They were trying to stop the bomb IIRC. The whole point of the nuke was that Saotome activated Shin Dragon in order to attract all of the invaders on Earth with its immense Getter energy output. He then proceeded to nuke Shin Dragon in order to exterminate most of the invaders on Earth.
>>
What's the best release of Shin Getter Robo? Also, was there an English dub?

This one here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Getter_Robo
>>
>>15480748
Yes. The only one not dubbed is SvN
>>
>>15480823
Ah. Just wanted to be sure. Anyhow, didn't realise that the New Getter anime was also an upscale. Sigh. Well, it'll have to do.
>>
>>15480862
New Getter is an early digital anime. Of course it was going to be an upscale. Armageddon is tragic though. This was a cell anime, so my guess is that they lost the masters. SVN had a proper bluray release considering it was a cell anime too.
>>
>>15480746
>He then proceeded to nuke Shin Dragon in order to exterminate most of the invaders on Earth.

No, the UN nuked Shin Dragon, which Stinger and Cohen agreed to. And then Stinger and Cohen went onto the nuke and did something after killing the UN. We don't know what precisely they did though.

>>15480748
Armageddon got a dub. I seem to remember that a month or two back someone uploaded a large collection of clips onto youtube, in full HAI-YATO glory.

Terrible dub, but it's funny as fuck.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.