[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's legitimately frightening how such a horrible gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 27

File: bad character alert.png (409KB, 853x485px) Image search: [Google]
bad character alert.png
409KB, 853x485px
It's legitimately frightening how such a horrible gundam entry is somehow the most liked on ANN.

>glorifies war and child soldiers
>low production values
>resembles little in the franchise
>heroes murder innocent people while the villains act like human beings
>main gundam pilot hardly gets focus
>killed a timeslot
>currently investigated by the government for going against regulations
>sparked at least three massive fan outbreaks including the last episode being a big fat middle finger to gundam's legacy
>but the english establishment promotes the false banner of "good writing" and that somehow forgives all of it
>the establishment claims it is all about "muh war horrors" despite how all of SD, G, X, Build Fighters, and G-Reco were not war stories yet had mech fighting and were still considered gundam

The western fandom is in a crossroads, bow down to the hypocritical establishment or fight it at every turn.
>>
>>15477209
>establishment
holy shit what
dude not everything is /pol/
>>
>>15477209
G-Reco WAS about war horrors though. And G was a goofy fighting tournament because of past war horrors in its timeline.
>>
>>15477209
Holy shit, can you shut the fuck up about ANN already?
>>
>>15477209
It's legitimately frighteining how someone could even start to give a shit about ANN.

Yes, it's shitposting, I know. But it's sad that there are plenty of people out there who need whatever they like to get good review scores for some insecure reason.
>>
>>15477221
how is ANN/MAHQ/Anime Now not establishment? They dictate opinions for the western fandom just like Rotten Tomatoes and Channel Awesome does with movies. They are the tastemakers and only a healthy dose of something like relativism is going to turn the tides.
>>
>>15477209
G-Reco was about adverting the horrors of war, kind of like Turn A. Shit's about to hit the fan between tensions of different armies and the incoming threat from the Moon.
Even if it's a transparent critique about the re-militarization of Japan, it's still a war story
>>
>>15477209
>G-Reco were not war stories
>literally is in a war
>>
>>15477288
the tides of what
they're a bunch of toy commercials for japanese nerds
chill the fuck out
>>
>ANN

you know what to do........
>>
File: christmas fox.png (226KB, 720x641px) Image search: [Google]
christmas fox.png
226KB, 720x641px
>>15477317
Yup, give Christmas presents.
>>
>>15477320
I think what he means is to sage and report the thread
>>
>>15477330
it is an /m/ related rant on the future of the gundam fandom over a major grievance, how is OP breaking the rules?
>>
IBO is one of those series that will get praised by certain fans as being 'dark,mature and realistic' because most of the main cast came to bad ends despite the series being bad.
>>
>>15477209
It isn't even the most-liked on ANN you retarded motherfucker, that would be Unicorn.

Also, maybe there isn't an elaborate conspiracy involved, and your taste just differs from everybody else's.
>>
>>15477209
>>
File: 1424407483800.png (792KB, 578x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1424407483800.png
792KB, 578x1000px
>>15477209
>Its different REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
ok
>>
>>15477334
>the future of the gundam fandom
>major grievance
hahaha holy shit you really are this worked up about some stupid website aren't you
the future is
they still buy the toys and no jap executive ever gives one shit about anybody who speaks english
>>
>>15477334
>/m/ related

same thing can be said with Valvrave but every Valvrave thread that gets posted here gets banned

people will still eat shit if it has the name "Gundam" on it
it won't change now and it will probably never and sunrise knows this
Gundam is easy money for them now
look they don't even create new IPs now
they just keep shitting Gundams every year and people will keep sucking them
so don't blame the """fandom""" blame sunrise
>>
>>15477221

This.
The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>15477209
Wow, it's almost like someone that can actually write wrote a Gundam for once
>>
>>15477313
>bro!
>bro who cares
>bro dont care about anything, caring about things is uncool
>bro just "chill" it's not the end of the world therefore it merits none of your attention or thought despite the fact that it is an important hobby to you that has consumed hundreds of hours and for which you have bought DVDs, posters, model kits, and diecast action figures.

Why dont you go smoke some more weed chad
>>
>>15477377
Yeah, wrote it wrongly that is
>>15477363
>not a single 1/10
I think this is what OP is complaining about and if so he's got a point. It really does deserve more negative reviews and scores.
>>
Why does anyone on /m/ care about places like ANN, mahq or MAL?
>>
>>15477363
>those Iron Blooded Ovaries scores
How repulsive
>>
File: ban985142_0.jpg (331KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
ban985142_0.jpg
331KB, 600x450px
>>15477388
>Yeah, wrote it wrongly that is
If you want another run-of-the-mill Gundam, there's plenty you can rewatch
>>
>>15477380
so you bought a bunch of shit whoopity do
>>
>>15477392
Because /m/ is still mad that they all thought G-Reco was garbage
>>
>>15477388

Then make one. No one else is going to, either because it's ANN and they actually don't care about the site's view or because they do and don't agree with you.
>>
>>15477334
I'll break down >>15477371's prediction into different fanbases depending on how they'll act with every installment:

-MAHQ will slowly update their image galleries with lineart and Chris Gooch may or may not write reviews for whatever new series is up.

-ANN will review it and cause people to REEEEEEEEE regardless of their opinion.

-/m/ will bitch and moan that it's the worst thing ever, and pretend to pine for legitimately panned shows (AGE, Destiny, Try, etc), and the rest of the world won't give a fuck because 4chan's autism doesn't control the world.
>>
>>15477363
G-Reco will always be the ultimate pleb filter.

My normie friends didn't even bother continuing after the 1st episode because they have no idea what the fuck is going on hahaha
>>
>>15477209
>The western fandom is in a crossroads, bow down to the hypocritical establishment or fight it at every turn.
Well I really liked IBO so I, for one, welcome our new overlords
>>
File: IBO rn.png (56KB, 754x736px) Image search: [Google]
IBO rn.png
56KB, 754x736px
>>15477388
>>15477394
It's an outdated image. I haven't bothered to update it lately. Here's IBO right now.

>>15477409
G-Reco's averages have actually fallen since then.
>Median rating: So-so
>Arithmetic mean: 5.369 (So-so+)
>Weighted mean: 5.377 (So-so+)
>>
>>15477372
>every Valvrave thread that gets posted here gets banned

They get shitposted and occasionally sunk to page 10 by some autist randomly bumping any thread underneath it, but Valvrave threads haven't been actively 404'd in a long while, and they've never been ban worthy no matter how much Valvrager wanted them to be.

Now this has nothing to do with the fact that the turboautist blabbing on about how ANN is some secret taste controlling cabal that manipulates the Gundam fandom by praising things they don't like is indeed a turboautist who needs to fucking deal with it instead of being some sort of backwards shill conspiracy theorist, but there's a clear difference between shit that earns a ban and shit that gets you shitposted by the one man army that is Valvrager, even if the latter aims to achieve the same effect as the former in deterring shit some anon doesn't like from taking up precious space on the anatolian stonework forum they think they own.

At any rate OP as always is a faggot but the jannies will defend it.
>>
>>15477209
WAAAAAAAAAA A SHOW I DONT LIKE DID GOOD

grow up it has cool as fuck fight scenes
>>
>>15477394
>recent shows have inflated as fuck scores
Who would've thought?
>>
>>15477424
>Here's IBO right now.
Holy shit the sheeple ratings! Needs more negative scores.
>>
>>15477436
>it has cool as fuck fight scenes
All zero of them, fake fan.
>>
>>15477436
I'm pretty sure most of IBO's haters haven't watched more than one episode
>>
>>15477455
I'm at ep 43, it really is as terrible as the haters say it is. I'm convinced the "fans" have never seen more than one previous gundam.
>>
>>15477209
being child soldiers is depicted as a position of desperation, misery, and powerlessness, a condition that the characters are trying to escape. in doing so they are manipulated and tragically go to their demise.

the production values were shit, i agree.

resembles little? who the fuck cares? it's an AU gundam, there aren't really any rules like "MUST HAVE BEAM SABERS"

wow yes the protagonists and antagonists engage in lots of morally ambiguous behavior in pursuing their goals. most any war story is going to be like this unless it's for babbies.

who cares if it's under investigation? are you some kind of authoritarian? just a totally irrelevant point in reviewing the actual quality of the show
>>
>>15477458
Wow, you sure convinced me

/s
>>
>>15477454
>The fake fans are the ones that have watched the show
>The real fans are the ones that haven't
What?
>>
>>15477459
>who cares if it's under investigation? are you some kind of authoritarian? just a totally irrelevant point in reviewing the actual quality of the show
Actually it does, it means "wow, this is so bad and such a disgrace we need to remove it!" New Zeland did it with the pedo anime Puni Puni Poemi.
>>
>>15477209
>bow down to the hypocritical establishment or fight it at every turn.
lol mom wouldn't let OP go to the anti-whatever rally so it's time to cry online about what a website says about a cartoon
>>
>>15477467
It does what?
>>
>>15477459
>being child soldiers is depicted as a position of desperation, misery, and powerlessness, a condition that the characters are trying to escape. in doing so they are manipulated and tragically go to their demise.
They're evil, they had many chances to leave, but for selfish reasons they continued their own murder sprees and left humanity into an age of darkness. There is no sympathy card for Tekkadan or their yakuza allies.
>>15477433
Turboautist or not OP is correct about ANN having way too much influence over english speaking anime fans, the opinions used by them and Anime Now currently hold a monopoly over the online consensus.
>>
>>15477455
Finished it. Garma's Counterattack was the only good episode
>>
>>15477334
>future of the gundam fandom
Bandai don't really give a shit, they'll churn out new TV series whenever they want to attract new audience to get into their franchise, while they still keep pleasing their old customer with OVA and manga.
>>
File: a failure of animation.png (234KB, 679x449px) Image search: [Google]
a failure of animation.png
234KB, 679x449px
>>15477436
With animation that atrocious?
>>
>>15477477
>the opinions used by them and Anime Now currently hold a monopoly over the online consensus.
Do they? I thought SEED and SEED Destiny were supposed to be universally reviled.
>>
>>15477209
You are a sad, strange little man, Yapool.
>>
>>15477477
>Turboautist OP is me
fixed that for you

watch cartoons more, cry about websites less

you'll have a much happier life
>>
Nigga who gives a shit? Bandai Sunrise only care about Gunpla sales. IBO will disappear soon enough.

The real horror is that Unicorn 2 is around the corner.
>>
>>15477498
Not a turboautist, my little anon.
>>15477490
Asian countries unironically like them both, at worst Destiny is seen as a "not as good as the first but still has popcorn value" sequel kind of like Terminator 3.
>>
>>15477209

The whole point of this is that the child soldiers accomplish very little, and all die. The 'villains' were actually the heroes, because they represent the status quo / gradual change.

You were supposed to root for Rustal and - most importantly - Gaelio.
>>
>>15477491
>he thinks I'm Yapool
cute
>>
>>15477209

Why does everyone assume Gundam has a vague 'legacy' that must be honored and respected?
>>
>>15477543
Real fans obviously get why it has value.
>>
>>15477517
That's impossible to do when they are the direct cause for the villains existing, did everything in their power to keep them a problem, and only sort of fixed things long after the fact when the general public wouldn't take their bullshit any longer.
>>
>>15477455
I watched it as it was airing, and I really did want to like it since it seemed like there was alot of potential, but they wasted it
>>
>>15477546

Does that value lie in a lone statue and incessant catering to closeted nationalists?
>>
>>15477546
By value do you mean $$$?
>>
>>15477570
and being culturally relevant for over 35 years
>>
>>15477317
Gas the Jews?
>>
>>15477573
Because of $$$.

Have you ever heard about Star Wars?
>>
>>15477578
there hasn't been a bad SW movie despite RLM's epic whine videos (which were obviously false and biased and likely made by conservatives rather than liberals)
>>
>>15477585
You know why they keep making Star Wars stuff? Because of $$$.
>>
>>15477550

Well, yeah. So they're like you, the people who live in the civilized, developed world. That's why you should root for Gjallhorn.

I mean, most Gundam shows (AUs, though) would've ended with the kids winning and everything working out great. Instead, most of them die, and it's an embarassing curb-stomp from the start. I'd have preferred the original ending, where EVERYONE dies and accomplishes nothing (because that's what happens when you fight the Man) but I appreciate that it'd be too much of a gut-punch.
>>
>>15477590
tell that to Abrams
>>
Face it.

Gundam has lost its soul and is now a money making machine for Sunrise/Bandai.
>>
>>15477209
>glorifies war and child soliders

First line is so fucking dumb that it kills your entire argument.
>>
>>15477605

It didn't have much soul to begin with.
>>
>>15477609
OP is correct, it really does.
>>
File: 294px-Reinhard_8.jpg (53KB, 294x220px) Image search: [Google]
294px-Reinhard_8.jpg
53KB, 294x220px
>>15477605
Nigga it's always been a soulless, money making machine for Bandai. The only season that wasn't was 0079.
>>
>>15477605
wasn't that the case once they started selling Gunpla
>>
>>15477209
Completely agree
>>
>>15477221
Not him but I with net neutrality about to die this is worth bringing up.
>>
>>15477209
It's legitimately frightening how a single person can be so autistic that they dedicate their entire life to complaining about several websites already hated by everyone with sense on 4chan.
>>
>>15477209
>the establishment
Literally kill yourself.

And then you hide behind a literal establishment in hopes to strengthen your point, too. Fucking incredible.
>>
>>15477209

Why do you even care what some normies on ANN think? The majority of posters here agree that the show was overall disappointing and only like two or three battles are actually good. Be satisfied with that.
>>
File: 1200609650608.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1200609650608.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
It's legitimately frightening how such a horrible thread is somehow the most reposted on /m/

Sage threads about Anime News Network
Hide threads about Anime News Network
Report threads about Anime News Network

Do the same with any thread that mentions Anime Now, Mecha Talk or any other western anime news site where the focus of the thread is directed towards the article itself (IE, someone's review on a Gundam DVD set) instead of the link being a source of the discussion topic of the thread (IE, talking about the passing of the artist who worked on VOTOMs). Do the same for anyone who tries to shut down any thread you make about any mecha series, be it Gundam or Getter Robo or Valvrave or whatever show you want to discuss, for trying to push the idea that certain series are just too awful to talk about. Do the same for anyone complaining about fake gundam fans, for trying to start pointless infighting between people on this board for the sole purpose of riling up shitposting.

Only the users can make /m/ a better place
>>
File: 1492874699800.jpg (10KB, 200x230px) Image search: [Google]
1492874699800.jpg
10KB, 200x230px
>>15477209
YOU. STOP. RIGHT. THERE.
>>
I love how everyone is uppity about Iron blooded orphans, when it wasn't even that bad of a show. Sure it's dark, it had some fucked up shit, and it shows the more sinister side of humanity and politics, but that's kind of the point.

With the exception of G, Build Fighters, and the SD series, Gundam has mostly been about the harsh trails of war and politics and all the atrocities they drive humanity to commit.

There is no true good or true evil, everyone is a victim to the hell that is war, and Gundam: iron blooded orphans captures this aspect completely. Every faction is locked in a morally gray conflict against one another, demonizing eachother even though they themselves aren't that pure due to their own actions.

Everyone has blood on their hands and everyone has done something questionable in terms of what is right and what is wrong.

One of the main driving messages of Iron blooded orphans is basically that war is hell, and it will always be hell. In war, There are no heros and villains, no white knights in shining armor, no defined contrast between right and wrong, just you and the gun in your hands and the adrenaline-fueled desire to just survive the raging nightmarish hell of a battle that erupts around you.
>>
>>15478033
Nice bait ANN. OP was right, it sucked.
>>
>>15477209
At least we now have a method of detecting fake fans with worst gundam existing.
>>
>>15478047

The only b8 I see here is the OP itself.
>>
>>15478058
You must be new or from the Mecha Talk hivemind.
>>
>>15477288
>ANN/MAHQ/Anime Now
are they supposed to be big things I have never heard of them desu

but t b h I never actively look for reviews on shows I prefer to watch them and make up my own mind so I guess thats why
>>
>>15478058
It's not worth responding to the ANNfag, just ignore it and just go along with this post >>15477888
>>
>>15477622
Even that's not true. Once the models started selling Tomino had to sell out and design more mechs as quickly as possible and put them in the show in order to keep funding.
>>
>>15477605
>Gundam has lost its soul and is now a money making machine for Sunrise/Bandai.
Welcome to 1985, enjoy your stay.
>>
>>15478064
>If he's not from my hivemind he's from their hivemind! 4chan is about the epicz us vs them meme!
Kill yourself, under 25 cancer.
>>
>>15478164
Typical fake fan response.
>>
>>15477209
We need to grassroots and teach the next generation of fans how wrong places like that can be and make an establishment of our oen.
>>
We need more fandom activism, ANN has gone right wing which does explain /m/ going left wing in protest. You think that political survey topic last week was from them?
>>
>>15478357
I think it was from you.
>>
>>15478368
It was not. Also this topic proves /m/ has a problem, not of trolls but of zealots. Trolls want attention for chaos and dividing while zealots prefer not to get noticed so their rhetoric meets minimal resistance and can unify. 2013 was proof you could divide even a 4chan board with one guy, now we are experiencing recreation and molding.
>>
>>15478383
Creepy because this board is so small and has so little moderation that if tumblr did it quietly enough they could overrun /m/ by the end of the year. Most boards can fight back, but /m/ is in such shambles at this point I would not be surprised if a quarter of all people here went full traitor.
>>
>>15478383
>>15478390
>all this shit happened cause Guanche got angry over an autist
I'll give Orochi this much: He managed to get the last laugh on us which is a fucking accomplishment. What if this is MAHQMAHQ's revenge strategy? That would explain a lot.
>>
>>15477209
>It's legitimately frightening how such a horrible gundam entry is somehow the most liked on ANN.
You sound like such a faggot honestly. You need the protaginists to be 100% good guys to like it? Fuck off grandpa
>>
>>15478397
2013 really broke this board to pieces. Fuck this.
>>
>>15478383
>>15478390
>>15478401
>>15478357
>>15478347
What the fuck are any of you nut cases babbling about and why is it not robot cartoons from Japan?
I fucking mean it. I genuinely do not know or care about any of this horse shit. It is irFUCKINGrelevant to this board. This is not a political board. This is not a board about ANN or Tumblr or any other stupid ass shit. The only ones making this placr somehow worse than it already was is you.

This board is about mecha.

Talk about mecha.
>>
>>15478414
Garma did nothing wrong

SEIG ZEON
>>
>>15477396
So if you bought a glider plane for thousands of dollars and then the company withdrew support for your model and your local club shut down, would you not be pissed off if I told you "bro just who cares its just plastic with wings bro"?

Why are you even here if you think this whole board is just "japanese toy commercials"?

OP's thread is retarded but so is your apathetic teenage quip.
>>
>>15478481
lol you go to local club
>>
I like Concrete Revolutio.
>>
>>15478481
Because if you bought a thousand dollar glider plane you'd HAVE A FUCKING PLANE. To go outside and fucking FLY. As opposed to a bunch of overpriced lumps of plastic to stick on your shelf and pretend have any meaning.

It would also BE a $1000+ plane, not a $50+ 8-inch robot toy and your angst about a foreign cartoon show.
>>
>>15477209

>glorifies

Stopped reading there because it sure as shit didn't glorify anything. They blatantly point out how horrific and twisted things got by the end of the first season alone.
>>
>>15478555
Cool samefagging brah
>>
>>15477885
>The majority of posters here agree that the show was overall disappointing

No, the majority of posters here agree the show was pretty neat and could use some spit shine in certain parts, but have moved on to the next show.

A VOCAL minority of 5 people are on giant hate spree, making threads nearly everyday proclaiming the IBO is the worst shit ever and trying desperately to make /m/ be some sort of hivemind.
>>
Nigger not even /a/ likes IBO

Chill your tits.

More to the point Japan hates it now so that's what's important.
>>
>>15478481
If that happens I would just go to a different fucking club. Or sell the plane.
It'd be annoying but I wouldn't fucking endlessly whine about it like a stupid child, because I'm an adult.

But none of that fucking matters to begin with because that is the most autistic, irrelevant comparission you could have possibly made.

And a news flash: There are seven billion individual people on this planet, and every last one of them is entitled to have different opinions than you. And in doing so they have harmed you and your nub covered HGs in no manner. You seriously need to reflect on your own behavior.
>>
>>15478582
Found Anime Suki.
>>
>>15478718
Where did you find it?
Ask if someone around lost it.
>>
File: 1464801539244.jpg (20KB, 355x328px) Image search: [Google]
1464801539244.jpg
20KB, 355x328px
>>15477288
>They dictate opinions for the western fandom
>>
>>15477888
I got warned when I reported it.

Wtf mods?
>>
>>15478537
Is the relaxation and fun I experience while building my gunpla not of any worth?
>>
>>15478805
That sounds fishy
>>
>>15478805
Same thing happened to me when I reported LazyRager's near daily Lazy Matsumoto threads. It's pretty much a given that our mods are either braindead retards or in league with the shitposters.
>>
>>15477288
Dude, chill out. What those guys say isn't going to change much, they're just giving the show some positive buzz. Positive buzz does not make a show popular, in fact it can make a show come off as overrated.

Look at Jojo. It was everywhere through it's memes. People loved the show, so they brought it to Toonami. Wanna know what happened? People who only knew it for the memes saw it for the first time and declared it to be horrible. The show suffered tremendous backlash.

And it's not like IBO was a smash hit on Toonami either.

And if it still bugs you so damn much, make your own review and post it somewhere. A blog, youtube, MAL's review section. Make your voice heard if it means so much to you to push your taste on others.
>>
>>15478805
>>15478848
>>15478851
Nice samefag shitposter, but you're not convincing anyone to stop reporting your shitposting thread.
>>
>>15478608
You completely miss the point. It's not about the specifics of the situation or how mature OP and the people complaining about IBO are. Everything I've typed up until this point is a comment on
>they're a bunch of toy commercials for japanese nerds
>chill the fuck out

Because that's a ridiculous, bratty comment.

It stuns me, really, that you seem so desperate to prove your big boy adulthood and yet insist on arguing such an immature, childish point into the ground.

Here's a news flash for you: There are seven billion people on this earth and a helluva lot of them don't agree with you. It's unreasonable to try to expect everyone you meet to agree with you. It's even more unreasonable to go to a place where you know a certain opinion is present, and then proceed to shit all over that opinion.

If my sailplane example was too 'autistic' for you (oh look, more preteen slang), how about this: I walk into a Star Trek convention and start yelling "lmao its just lights and foam spaceships, you guys are retarded for caring about this". What reaction can I expect?

It's adolescents like you that really ruin this board (and let's be honest here - "reflect on your behavior"? You're trying too hard). Why the fuck do you come to a board for fans of mecha and then say "chill out, mecha like means nothing haha" and expect people to agree with you?

This flak is standard procedure stuff, buddy. Maybe you ought to head back to instagram where your water-carrying friends can always back you up.

>>15478537
You can't expect others to have all of your exact opinions and value things the way you do. You think gliders are cool and models are shit? That's called an opinion, and they teach this to preschoolers. I personally think buying expensive cars is a waste but I wouldn't go to a car meet and say it. I'd get hit.
>>
>>15478917
Goddammit what in the fucking hell is wrong with you? How in the hell can you not really how stupid the shit you say is?

No, it is absolutely not like like walking into a convention and telling everyone there that their thing sucks. At all. What it is like is a bunch of people from another goddamn website like something, and thus you come here and start whining and crying about it, and try to make them into an evil empire that we must defeat despite the fact that we don't actually have a single logical reason to give a shit.

Second of all, I'm twenty five fucking years old, so you can fuck off with your "You're not a real fan, kiddo!" stupidity. But please, by all means go "cool story bro" or whatever clever, original response you'll shit out.

> Why the fuck do you come to a board for fans of mecha and then say "chill out, mecha like means nothing haha" and expect people to agree with you?
Because it's an objective fact that it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. It's an entertainment commodity. One that I happen to fucking love. And O couldn't give a shit about anyone else's opinion on it, be it you, ANN, Reddit, or /m/'s own dumbass hivemind.

I hope you've actually paid attention this far, because this is the important part of this post.
I'm going to ask you one last time. Not for my own information, but so that you can take a lool at your own thinking process:
Why do you care what people on any website, much less ANOTHER WEBSITE WHICH IS NOT THE WEBSITE YOU ARE CURRENTLY ON, think? Why do you believe what they think affects you in any way? What you think you could possibly accomplish about it by bitching here?

Get. Help.

I bet you like 08th MS and Thunderbolt, faggot.
>>
>>15478164
>>15478314

Now, children, we all are equally autistic here in /m/, there is no need for violence.
>>
>>15478917
if you write that essay maybe you really do need to chill the fuck out
>>
It's sad how cross site-drama is being waged here on 4chan.
>>
>>15477815
>They aren't hiding behind the establishment, the show's being investigated for advocating teenage pregnancy and teen sex, which are both big no-no's over in Japan
>>
>>15477209
In a month it will be completely forgotten and be back to being at the bottom of ANN rankings again. So really who cares?

>>15477693
>with net neutrality about to die

It was never alive to being with seeing as how it never fully took effect.
>>
Oh hi guys, what kind of calm, reasoned and constructive discussion are we having in this thread?
>>
>>15479468
Apparently, /m/ must become aware of the evil demagogues that are ANN, who seek to influence and enslave all of the anime fandom outside of Japan.
>>
>>15479509
Wish I could have an opinion of my own
>>
>>15477209
I wonder if that means that ANN is new as fuck or simply have mighty shit taste.
>>
>>15477273
>it's sad that there are plenty of people out there who need whatever they like to get good review scores for some insecure reason
Some people just can't deal with the fact that they could be enjoying shit.
>>
>>15477209
No the late first season makes it pretty clear they're fucked up, and the second season shows us how their S1 success lead to increased use in child soldiers.
>low production values
Sure, legitimate flaw
Not only is that not a bad thing, change can be seen as a good thing.
When did Tekkadan kill civilians? Sure they were brutal fighters, but all their brutality was directed towards opponents. Are you suggesting that the communications officer of the Earth branch was innocent?
Which is actually fine considering exactly what Mikzuki is. Hell you fucking call him a bad character in your filename, yet you are so eager for more.
>killed a timeslot
Hyperbole, but sure popularity=quality. But wait a minute, it's popular on ANN, so it must actually be good. Something doesn't add up.
explain why this is bad, you actual establishment bitch
>complaining about the fanbase

IBO is very flawed, I'm amazed you could whine so much and only hit one of those flaws.
>>
>>15477377
Who?
>>
File: 1404501517466.jpg (117KB, 910x892px) Image search: [Google]
1404501517466.jpg
117KB, 910x892px
>>15479468
The one you should be reporting.
>>
>>15477436
>IBO
>cool as fuck fight scenes
Where?
>>
File: Untitled (2).png (627KB, 953x537px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled (2).png
627KB, 953x537px
I liked it because of the gundams backstory, would love to see a show set during the calamity war.

Loved the design of the gundams, especially the first Barbatos.

90% of it wasnt "WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND EACHOTHER!" or two people spouting pseudophilosophy at eachother while fighting in their robots. Macgillis was the only person to do that pretty much that i can recall. Show also prompted me to buy my first gunpla after having been a fan for 20+ years. 7/10 would love more of the same universe.
>>
The retards on /m/ are in their Gundam cycle and calling this the worst and starting to wank 00. The next show Age will get its turn and the show after that people will appreciate IBO.
>>
>>15479459
>In a month it will be completely forgotten
People said the same thing about VVV and boy were they wrong
>>
File: JulietaWondersWhy.png (763KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JulietaWondersWhy.png
763KB, 1280x720px
>>15477209

I enjoyed IBO? Fuck you?
>>
>>15477209
It's a mediocre series. The mech designs(besides the grunts) are great, maybe except Lupus Rex. Sadly, they are not well-utilized. Vidar being shafted is not fucking fair.

The plot is nonsensical but the villain sides are above average with GaliGali and Choco relationship being the best of all. Tekkadan are as bland as plain mayonnaise.

Music is ok.

6.5/10. Maybe a 7 if I squint enough,
>>
>>15479908
To be completely fair, IBO wishes it had stuff as memorable as CALL ME MOSES!
>>
>>15479949
The zealots will cement it's awfulness (which it deserves).
>>15479912
Hi MAHQ.
>>
File: joker pls.jpg (28KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
joker pls.jpg
28KB, 500x280px
>>15477209
>>
>>15480041
Heero never followed through on that and he did not shoot someone that was tied up and drugged
>>
>>15477209
>>heroes murder innocent people while the villains act like human beings
wut?
>>
>>15477605
>Gundam has lost its soul
It was a toy commecial since the very beggining. It had no soul kn the first place.
You can still enjoy it, god knows I do but saying that is just silly.
>>
>>15478917
Autism speaks
>>
>>15477209
It doesn't even have good writing. The creators didn't know what they wore doing and changed things as they went along for sake of shipping and fanservice.

Worst thing of all is that Nagai's point that they all deserved to die missed hard. He had 50 episodes to plan it and he still missed the fucking mark.

At that point it becomes worse than mediocre. Mediocre is landing the central theme of the show, the journey was nothing to write home about but audience are left understanding the point of the show. The creators are way more incompetent than that. They can't even make the audience understand what the show they've been watching for 50 episodes is actually about. Sad!
>>
>>15479459

>It was never alive to being with seeing as how it never fully took effect.

Net neutrality is the reason we can torrent anime and talk like this, lest you want slow internet speed that can only decrease if you keep paying.
>>
>>15480216
this
>>
>>15480078
It wasn't really though. The sponsors made a handful of super shitty toys that just barely resembled the Gundam. I don't even think anything other than the Gundam actually got toys when it aired. It wasn't until after the cancellation and the end of Gundam that Bandai picked up the license for model making and produced "accurate" models of several of the MS. It's seemingly true that there was pressure on Tomino to make the MS more marketable to be made as toys but the reality is different. It's a legitimate show dressed up as a toy commercial.
>>
>>15477209
>ANN

Stopped reading there.
Don't bring that 'round here, boy.
>>
>>15477455
This is how my feelings on IBO changed throughout s1.
website reveal
>wow this looks sweet, a completely fresh gundam design and the title sounds interesting
Episodes 1-3
>a bit exposition heavy but the animation is cool and not having beams will probably force them to come up with more interesting right scenes.
episode 4-5
>Hm interesting, still a bit exposition heavy but they're probably frontloading the show to get it out of the way.
The animation quality's dropped but nothing too bad.
episode 6-10
>a harem ship?I guess I'll roll with it...
episode 11-13
>So it looks like they're really doing this Akihiro brother thing.
episode 14-15
>So it looks like they're really doing this Biscuit brother thing.
episode 16-18
>I think I was supposed to feel for the maid or kudelia or something
Episode 19
>I thought atmospheric entry episodes were always good
Episode 20
>buscuit's getting a lot of focus this ep looks like he's getting it soon
Episode 21
>man they aren't even trying
>I wonder if biscuit's advice will affect them
Episode 22
> I don't think the animation quality is gonna get any better and they're still doing the exposition thing, at least there's the ost.
>huh, it looks like they're starting some interesting development with Mika and Orga, I wonder how this will be handled
Episode 23
>so what was the point of carta again?
Episode 24
>wow they actually killed them off
Episode 25
>nevermind it was a fakeout
>who was in charge of animating this?
>so it's THAT kind of show

My opinions on s2 were even worse
>>
>>15477209
>>currently investigated by the government for going against regulations
>>sparked at least three massive fan outbreaks including the last episode being a big fat middle finger to gundam's legacy
lolwut
>>
>>15477209
you are such a faggot op and i hope you are trolling
if you are i am glad for your health but if you believe what you say you need to kill yourself you weak faggot
>>
>>15482437
do the same thing for season 2
also the people killed in episode 24 were supposed to stay dead but the studio made them bring them back to life

so the director had as many people killed during the second season (die lafter you bitch)
>>
>>15477209
>>glorifies war and child soldiers
Literally been the case since 1979.
>>
>>15480216
>Net neutrality is the reason we can torrent anime and talk like this

Wrong. People have been torrenting for decades before net neutrality was partially enacted just two years ago. This meme that having internet fast lanes means everything else will be slowed down needs to die already. Stop getting your information from garbage sources like engadget. Wanting government interference on the internet is absolutely retarded on so many levels. It will lead to the heavy regulation of things like pron.

>>15480958
Nope.
>>
>>15477209
No it doesn't. One could argue it raises awareness of them instead.
>low production values
Are you kidding? You know who makes Gundam? Even something like this?
How dare it do something new
Heroes and villains act like shitty humans if you pay attention to the context.
He gets plenty of focus, they solve most of his issues in season one. He's a fucking kid, what, did you want to see an arc about his ex-wife?
>killed a timeslot
Who even are you? What do you do, just wank all day?
Dunno what you're talking about but who cares about muh gubmint
>sparked at least three massive fan outbreaks including the last episode being a big fat middle finger to gundam's legacy
What the fuck are you even talking about? Gundam's "Legacy" is "kill-em-all" remember?
>but the english establishment promotes the false banner of "good writing" and that somehow forgives all of it
Sounds like you've got a bit of a chip on your shoulder there buddy
>the establishment claims it is all about "muh war horrors" despite how all of SD, G, X, Build Fighters, and G-Reco were not war stories yet had mech fighting and were still considered gundam
Have you ever seen a Gundam show, literally, like, one?
>>
>>15477455
I watched the first season, but didn't want to continue because I disliked the show, and generally disliked the characters.
>>
File: 1431089420817.jpg (58KB, 540x700px) Image search: [Google]
1431089420817.jpg
58KB, 540x700px
>>
>>15477436
I'm 20 episodes through IBO and there are like -3 fight scenes.
>>
File: numbaka.jpg (181KB, 571x640px) Image search: [Google]
numbaka.jpg
181KB, 571x640px
>>15482870
Learn how to count. Just saying.
>>
I'm new in this whole Gundam franchise, any recommendation? It seems that all that stuff has different universes but it's somewhat related to each other, should I just start with the early 80s stuff? Does it still hold up for Newfags?
>>
File: Gundam Guide.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Guide.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
>>15482895
Here is the current gundam guide
>>
>>15477209
There are only 3 Gundam shows that are actually GOOD.

First Gundam.
War in the pocket
08th MS team

I'd hate to choose between those but I'll go with First Gundam.
>>
>>15483230
>War in the pocket
Found the fake gundam fan, even Japan admits it isn't worthy.
>>
>>15479459
Net neutrality is still alive in my country.

Sadly corporate lobbying in Brussels (almost as utterly corrupt as Washington) is trying to kill it. I'm rather proud of my nation's excellent infrastructure and I'd hate to see us go down the drain. The stories I read about America are terifying.
>>
>>15483246
Yeah I feel little affinity with the anime fandom. The scientific term is "plotfag" I believe.
>>
>>15477209
About time someone said what I was thinking, fucking establishment thinks it's "the man".
>>
>>15477209
Holy lmao do gundamfags actually think like crazy gamergate /v/ fucks about shit like """plotfags"""?
>>
>>15482895
Just watch 0079 and then play Versus
>>
>>15482689
Hey, I know OP is an obvious shitposter, but when your response to
>killed a timeslot
is
>Who even are you? What do you do, just wank all day?
I can't take you seriously, you sound like Kamille on one of his tantrums
>>
>>15483248
If you have competition no net neutrality can be a good thing for consumers. See T-mobile vs Verizon, trying to one up each other's unthrottled unlimited music or video streaming, free giveaways for providers, etc.

Problem is that in America small government is just as corrupt as large government, and you have scumbags in the mayor's office cutting deals to first comers while shutting out competitors who want to lay lines in the ground or lease public utility lines. And even if your local government isn't evil you can bet the next level up, like state is and will intervene when you try to get competitors to come in or you want to provide a municipal service.
>>
>>15484590
>small government is just as corrupt as large government
This is what states' rightsfags don't get. I like the concept, but most states are arbitrary divisions made up years ago and many could probably be broken up a lot further to work better
>>
>>15477288
You are actually fucking retarded
>>
File: shacoreactionpic.jpg (12KB, 240x254px) Image search: [Google]
shacoreactionpic.jpg
12KB, 240x254px
What the fuck is happening
>>
>>15477209
IBO S1 7.5/10
IBO S2 first half 8.5/10 second half 7.5/10

By the way GBF was 9/10 GBFT 7.5/10 G-Reco 5.5/10
>>
File: 814fd3f015a2b97ee2a14832204a4cd4.jpg (551KB, 715x1000px) Image search: [Google]
814fd3f015a2b97ee2a14832204a4cd4.jpg
551KB, 715x1000px
>>
>>15486319
>using MAL shit
And the scores need to lower to 2s and 3s.
>>
>>15477209
Give the establishment places like ANN and MAL a piece of our minds and lower them scores. Wouldn't be surprised if a few of them became 4chan mods and are the reason /m/ is so shit.
>>
When nips called IBO "yakuza gundam" with scenes that "didn't belong in a gundam series universe" I didn't believe until I decided to watch.

But it's exactly like that.
>>
>>15477209
If you think this is glorious you weren't paying attention.

If you saw virtuous villains rather than principled antagonists, you weren't paying attention.

If you think G, X, BF, G-Reco, and especially SD even TRIED to horrify you with the cost of war, you weren't paying attention.

So let me ask you a question.

Why did they go to war?

In X it's never really explained why the colonists want to destroy the earth. . In SD, they're just evil. In Wing it was some political ambiguity that never got resolved. In 0079 it was the Zabi family was arseholes. In 00 it was ironically for world peace. In G it wasn't even war but rather a means of avoiding war.

In IBO it's because a bunch of kids were dealt a shitty hand and wanted something more out of life than being slaves and cannon fodder. Is there anything more relatable than that?
>>
>>15493157

>is there anything more relatable than that?

4chan isn't comprised of child soldiers and is used predominantly by first-worlders, so no, in this case.
>>
>>15493157
>In X it's never really explained why the colonists want to destroy the earth.

Well, it's just part of the backstory. We know that it started from a declaration of independence from Cloud 9, before growing into a full scale war.

Regarding the destruction of Earth itself, Seidel compares it to the flood - with the chosen ones from space surviving it and then taking it over after nature had recovered. Remember the SRA basically treated "Newtype" as a religion.
>>
>>15493157
>Is there anything more relatable than that?
Relatable =/= good
>>
File: Subutai.jpg (138KB, 1005x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Subutai.jpg
138KB, 1005x1440px
>>15493157
>tfw you realize IBO is pro-terrorism propaganda
>>
>>15493252
terrorism would be attacks specifically targeted at civilians to... wait for it... instill terror

IBO is just like Spartacus, or Rogue One, or any story about an oppressed group rebelling against the establishment. insurgency =/= terrorism unless they are bombing/murdering civvies.
>>
>>15493433
Nope, the rats are terrorists just like Dort scum.
>>
>>15493252
>>15493433

I've thought about this a lot and came up with how this shit actually works.

>It is terrorism when you lose

Example: Patriots were freedom fighters. The CSA guerillas were terrorists.

And there is also ofcourse the old adage: one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. This can even shift throughout history.
>>
>>15478852
>Look at Jojo. It was everywhere through it's memes. People loved the show, so they brought it to Toonami. Wanna know what happened? People who only knew it for the memes saw it for the first time and declared it to be horrible. The show suffered tremendous backlash.
Really? Why, because of Danny's death?
>>
>>15493583
The word has a real definition. Terrorism is when you commit acts of terror. Acts of terror are attacks against the civilian population, typically done to "terrorize" the civilian population with little other purpose.

Patriot Minutemen fighting British Redcoats are not terrorists. There's no way to spin it that way if you are using the word correctly. They are rebels, they are insurgents creating an insurrection, but they are not terrorists.

If those Minutemen decided to dress in black and murder a bunch of pro-British civilians in their sleep in order to try to quell pro-British sentiment, then those Minutemen become terrorists.

A government or "victor" in a conflict might misuse the word terrorist to vilify an enemy for propaganda purposes, but if that enemy only engaged in conventional warfare (like Tekkadan) they aren't actually terrorists.
>>
>>15493583
>The CSA guerillas were terrorists.

could you be any more of a cuck?
>>
>>15493895
>What is "Forming angry mobs to seize Loyalist property and Feathering and Tarring Loyalists" the post
>>
>>15493895
>>15493931
>What is dressing up as Native Americans and dumping tea
>>
File: qualitycheck.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
qualitycheck.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>15493931
that would be considered an act of terror yes, and anybody regularly planning that kind of activity could definitely be called a terrorist. doesn't contradict anything i said though.

>>15493935
wasting tea is only terrorism if you do it to the British
>>
>>15493957
>doesn't contradict anything i said though.
How, that's exactly the kind of shit the Patriots did
>wasting tea is only terrorism if you do it to the British
Taking the implications of that statement aside, where do you think they got the tea from? How did they transport the tea? Who do you think owned the tea?
>>
>>15477209
>It's legitimately frightening
A bad cartoon show.
Not that the cartoon show is scary. I've seen some scary as fuck cartoons.
A franchise, that already has tone of shitty series,
Has one more.
And some people like it.
And it turns OP's world upside down to the point where the only words to describe it are "legitimately frighting".
>>
>>15493895
>The word has a real definition. Terrorism is when you commit acts of terror. Acts of terror are attacks against the civilian population, typically done to "terrorize" the civilian population with little other purpose.

Actually, there is no universal definition of terrorism. The UN has been debating it for a long time, but still haven't come up with one that everyone can agree too. It's defined in the dictionary as "the use of violence or intimidation in order to further one's political interests."

But of course as the old saying goes "one person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter."
>>
So space rats are evil more so than Gjallahorn? And water is wet, details at 11.
>>
>>15477209
Y'all just fucking salty that the most recent series is getting more love and attention than your old UC shit that no one cares about anymore than you do.
>>
>>15494045
>the use of violence or intimidation in order to further one's political interests."
Could apply to almost every serious political faction
>>
>>15477209
I'm more disturbed about you constantly coming here and making threads about ANN instead of just staying there.
>>
>>15479640
Sorry but if something I like has low scores then that just means it's a misunderstood masterpiece.
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.