[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the worst gundam series ever made? I think it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0088.jpg (64KB, 225x341px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0088.jpg
64KB, 225x341px
Is this the worst gundam series ever made? I think it's even worse than SEED and more childish than build fighters.
>>
Nice b8 m8
>>
Huh, no one's posted in my thread, I should bump it.
>>
I've never seen a thread like this before!
>>
>>15476417
XD
>>
>>15476522
>>15476526
>>15476539
>>15476542
Here comes the zetafags acting like the autists they are.
>>
>>15476544
XXXXD
>>
File: 1481178537683.jpg (55KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481178537683.jpg
55KB, 848x480px
>>15476417
>>
Please just sage this shit.

Not really an answer to this idiots question but some stuff I wanted to post anyway, even in a saged post.

Zeta hasn't aged well, but there is literally no anime that was a regular televised show that had come anywhere close to being as high quality in writing or animation when Zeta came out in 1985.

For comparison, look at Votoms, from a year earlier. A great (if not slightly overly drawn out) storyline, but animation which is straight garbage in parts. Compare to Macross, two years prior, with people like Anno et al working on it. The animation is awful in parts.

Zeta, in parts has more detail and polish than some of the OVAs of the same era. And it does this in 50 episode weekly broadcast tv show, which also has Layzner and Dancougar in the same block. And it comes out as the best and most popular of those three.

Yes looking at Zeta, its got its janky writing now. It's got that Tomino edge to it, with slightly obtuse writing and 'understanding'. If you watch Zeta, you have to watch it while considering the era its made. Either you take it completely as a just a story to be watched to get the UC gundam lore (in which case watch A New Translation and save yourself time) or be aware of the context, when its made, and what else is out at the time.

Nothing is a timeless classic, everything ages poorly, and even the best show of this decade is going to look shit next decade.
>>
>>15476417
If you're going to troll, you could at least make one thread instead of two within two hours of each other.
>>
Also /m/ please learn to sage...
>>
>>15476556
>but there is literally no anime that was a regular televised show that had come anywhere close to being as high quality in writing
This is a joke.

Most 70s super robot shows have better writing than whatever the fuck was there in Zeta.

And let's even forget mecha shows, most other popular shows of that era were all better written than Zeta.
>>
>>15476572

>posts half assed retort, giving no examples, just broadly saying the 70's were better

Give me some examples.

>other mecha shows of the era
I've mentioned Layzner, Dancougar and Macross. These are no where close to the level of story-telling in Zeta. Both Dancougar and Layzner feel so similar to Dougram. Macross has the whole singing stuff, which I've never personally been a fan of, but I suppose you could defend it. Votoms has animation problems, spends 15 more episodes than it needs reuniting Chirico and Fyana. Ideon is 5 years earlier.

What's left? Mospeada? Southern Cross? No competition.
>>
>>15476582
>I've mentioned Layzner
Layzner is miles ahead of writing than anything Zeta it's not even funny. And Layzner just has average writing.

>Give me some examples.
Toei's Mazinger trilogy, Robot Romance trilogy, even Tomino's own series like Zambot 3 and Daitarn 3 are better written than whatever the crap there was in Zeta. Oh and I forgot to mention, THE ORIGINAL MSG.

All the classics like Ashita no Joe late 60s), Heidi, Harlock etc. They're not even that special, but their writing is nowhere as bad as the shitfuck that is Zeta.

Like I said, stop joking.

Zeta is so fucking bad on almost every level that it makes me feel ashamed to be an old anime fag, when people like you are holding absolute garbage as the gold standard for anime of that era.
>>
The only thing that has worst writing than Zeta is Chargeman Ken, and the only reason it's worse is because of the short run time.

Zeta is literally like Chargeman Ken, except we're dealing with full episodes (20-25 mins on average) as opposed to 5 mins ones.
>>
>>15476610

I've no fucking idea what Layzner you watched but it was a goddamn boring slog with all the dramatic moments copy pasted from Dougram.
>>
>>15476612
>but it was a goddamn boring slog
The same could be said for Zeta with its endless repetitive battles.
>>
>>15476417
Ok, so what is actually bad about Zeta? Give examples that relate directly to the show, and which parts of which episodes we should be looking at to highlight your points.
>>
>>15476556

I disagree, save a few late 90s shows there is next to nothing in Anime that is higher quality story and character wise than 1980s TV anime. The OVAS and the Movies of the time were the best audio/visually, but I don't see how modern anime can really compare in terms of the stories being told, the character arcs, etc, at least nothing that I've seen. This is doubly so in Mecha anime.
>>
>>15476639
>Ok, so what is actually bad about Zeta?
I'm tempted to say everything, but since you asked, the sub plots were TERRIBLE.
>>
>>15476650
That does'nt answer my question though. Explain which specific sub plots you are talking about and what exactly it is that makes them terrible.
>>
>>15476663
The romance arc and the one with that pink haired bitch were terrible. The character interactions were just out there, and I was expected to take them seriously.

I don't remember much more than that, it's been a while since I watched Zeta (2011), and haven't revisited it since due to the terrible experience I had.

And to think that I was hyped AS FUCK to watch Zeta, especially after I was told by /m/ that Zeta improves on MSG in every way possible. What a big fat lie that was.
>>
>>15476697
>The romance arc and the one with that pink haired bitch were terrible
Those are your subjective feelings about it. The fact that you call it "romance arc" makes me think you had the wrong expectations about it. It's purpose is not to be romantic.

>The character interactions were just out there
I am not sure what you mean. They were very consistent and purposefully constructed. I gather you found them unusual. Why is this bad?
>>
>>15476697

Ok, but what was actually wrong with those arcs? What do you mean by "the character interactions were just out there" ? How does that count as a bad thing ? And what are some particular examples of how the the character interactions were negative in that way such that we can relate your opinion to things that actually happened in Zeta ? You haven't given anything to substantiate your opinion, nor have you related your opinion to anything that happened in Zeta, and yet you treat your opinion as objective fact. You have such a strong opinion on a show you clearly don't even remember the details of, and haven't even watched for half a decade. It is absolutely bizarre.
>>
File: tomino-yoshiyuki-image.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tomino-yoshiyuki-image.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
People hate what they don't understand.
>>
>>15476708
I'm not interested in going down that rabbit hole. It's never going to end.

I've justified myself enough why I think Zeta is the worst Gundam TV series I watched.

I give Zeta 5/10
ZZ 6/10
MSG7/10
CCA 4/10 (Somehow this was even worse than Zeta)
Victory 8/10
F91 6/10 (Nice animation but that's about it)

The OVAs are meh, and 8th MS Team is nowhere as good as people say. It's average as fuck.
>>
>>15476719
>I've justified myself enough
You haven't. You are free to have our opinions of course.
>>
>>15476708
>>15476713
>you clearly don't even remember the details of
Which is normal for everyone. I won't remember details of shows I absolutely loathed.

You expect me to remember every single detail. I'm not a fan, I won't remember, but what I do remember is the feeling of complete disgust at the Zeta experience. That alone is enough to show that I'm not being disingenuous or anything like that.

I don't even hate Tomino, in fact, I love some of his works. I just happen to really fucking hate Zeta, and even Tomino thinks I'm right. He doesn't like Zeta himself.
>>
>>15476697

The point of the Four arc is to show how Newtype connections can quickly feel like the love because of those strong emotions involved, and lead to heart breaking situations that actually don't have much to do with real romance. In the Rosamia arc Kamille points out that he has the same connection with Rosamia as he did with Four, and yet their relationship takes on the veneer of siblinghood as opposed to romance, this allows Kamille to realize that what he had with Four was not Romance ( his own words). The combination of the two arcs creates substantive character development for Kamille, and clarifies things about the newtype mythos for us, adding on to the world building. This also clarifies the Lalah arc in MSG, which gives it thematic unity with MSG and links the two together in a major way.

The Four arc, when viewed with the whole of Zeta, is actually part of something quite brilliant for an anime.
>>
>>15476724
>The Four arc, when viewed with the whole of Zeta, is actually part of something quite brilliant for an anime.
That's just your fanboyism speaking.
>>
This was the fabled Zeta Gundam? This is the best the Gundam meta-series has to offer? You have got to be fucking kidding me. This was a mess of monumental proportions, that's what it was. I mean from where to start?

The scenario had so many interesting themes to touch and they went with the most ludicrously justified greenpeace mockery they could come up with. They kept introducing girls that became tied inexplicably fast with the main characters so that they could kill them later on and earn some cheap drama points. The so-called complex politics and moral ambiguity are are complete joke, The AUEG are all PEOPLE NEED TO BE FREE AND MOVE TO SPACE!!!! and they are always show to be in the right all the fucking time while the Titans are just EEEVVVIIILLLL and their military plans are nothing but stupid "Hey , let's cause as much pointless death and destruction as possible and turn EVEN MORE people against us. Also let's keep trying to teaming up with Axis Zeon who repeatedly stabs us in the back " .
>>
And the characters... Oh the characters... saying they were atrocious doesn't even begin to describe how bad they were. Kamille does whatever the hell he wants with no concern for the greater good of the ship and people on the ship. Sure he’s a teenager, but someone that’s compromised the crew and ship so many times should never be in the cockpit of a Gundam, no matter how good of a pilot he may be. Not only is it him but, just about everyone seems to throw temper tantrums (except for Char Amuro and Bright). The worst one would have to Katz, I swear I have never screamed at my monitor so much. In addition, the number of friends/lovers on opposing sides was way too high and becomes too hard to accept. Like with the whinny brats they over did it in this respects too. Zeta is filled with too much angst and not enough story or development to support it all. A real person has flaws, wants and desires, that is what makes us human. Zeta overdoes it in this regards by making them too selfish and flawed thus, making the characters unrealistic and unlikable. Half of the time you couldn't even tell who was siding with whom, not because of their deviousness and convoluted Xanatos Gambits, Oh No, but because all the characters in this show acted like they had Alzheimer's and couldn't follow a consistent line of thought or even remember what they had for breakfast, because they acted without any coherence, logic or consistent characterization. If not for Char and the rest of the returning cast from the original Gundam (well except Katz, he sucked just as much as the new guys), plus one or two of the new characters like Haman Karn, this would have been a complete disaster.
>>
Even the mecha battles were a joke, most of the time the heroes and their enemies would get on their mechs, sortie, shout each other's name, fire a couple of shots, maybe their mecha would lose an arm or a leg, return to their base and repeat ad infinitum. At least in the original series, although the animation was far inferior, you could feel the pressure and intensity in its battles. And lastly the ending, I didn't feel sad or see it as masterful statement of the horrors and tragedy of warfare but an exercise in futility. I couldn't give a damn about Kamille, Emma or the rest unlike the cast of other Gundam series like MSG, MS 08th Team, 0080, G, Wing, X and 00.

Anyway I'm thoroughly and completely disappointed with this series. I seriously cannot why so many mecha fans here or elsewhere see it as some sacred masterpiece that can never surpassed when the cold hard truth is Zeta is a bad show. You know what /m/? I think I'll go watch ZZ and Seed next, Which you keep on saying are shit and will probably end up liking both of them just spite all of you.
>>
>>15476723

If you don't know what happened in a show then you don't hate the show. You don't know what happened in Zeta, so you don't hate Zeta. You can dislike some arbitrary construct you've created in relation to watching Zeta years ago all you want, but don't expect anyone to take you seriously when you say that Zeta is an objectively bad show if you can't even give any substantial reasons why because you don't even know what happened in it.

Also, you are wasting space with your comments if you can't substantiate them. Your personal unsubstantiated opinion does nothing to foster good conversation about /m/ material. The point of discussion is to engage with others about ideas and bounced stuff off one another to refine our own thoughts and learn things from one another, " I hate this just because" does nothing to actually further these goals, which is the whole point of a discussion board. What should be a conversation about Zeta Gundam simply becomes a conversation about you, and a boring one at that because there is no content to it if you don't have any idea what you are talking about. We don't care about you and your feelings, we care about /m/ materials and their content, so keep your unsubstantiated opinions to yourself and stop wasting space on /m/.
>>
>>15476417
Yes.
>>
>>15476729
>>15476730
>>15476731

>They kept introducing girls that became tied inexplicably fast with the main characters so that they could kill them later on and earn some cheap drama points.

You seemed to miss the memo about newtype connections here. I touched upon this here 15476724 It is true that Tomino likes to use dead newtype girls as a plot device though. It works as a means to lay some suffering on the protagonists though.

>The so-called complex politics and moral ambiguity are are complete joke, The AUEG are all PEOPLE NEED TO BE FREE AND MOVE TO SPACE!!!! and they are always show to be in the right all the fucking time while the Titans are just EEEVVVIIILLLL

How was Mour evil?, how was that Titans officer who worked with Zeta to protect the Assemly at Dakar and stopped those feddies from molesting Beltorchika evil? How was Yazan’s refusal to engage in the colony drop evil? You also seem to be criticizing peoples accounts of Zeta, rather than Zeta itself here.

> Kamille does whatever the hell he wants with no concern for the greater good of the ship and people on the ship.

He started that way, but they needed his piloting ability. He falls in line by the time the earth arc comes around though. Can you name any examples of him doing this past the first ten episodes? If anything he matures and is working on making Katz and Fa fall in line later in the series.

> Not only is it him but, just about everyone seems to throw temper tantrums (except for Char Amuro and Bright).

So what?
>In addition, the number of friends/lovers on opposing sides was way too high and becomes too hard to accept.

Because?
>>
>>15476781

> A real person has flaws, wants and desires, that is what makes us human. Zeta overdoes it in this regards by making them too selfish and flawed thus, making the characters unrealistic and unlikable

You don’t seem to comprehend how much growing up in the aftermath of a war like the OYW or living through that war would fuck people up. The OYW killed half of humanity, of course everyone is going to be fucked up over it. You have to look at Zeta in the context of the timeline it is a part of.

> Half of the time you couldn't even tell who was siding with whom, not because of their deviousness and convoluted Xanatos Gambits, Oh No, but because all the characters in this show acted like they had Alzheimer's and couldn't follow a consistent line of thought or even remember what they had for breakfast, because they acted without any coherence, logic or consistent characterization

When did this happen? Emma and Reccoa had clear betrayals, as did Haman and Scirroco, who in particular acted this way and when did it happen? When did the characters act inconsistently? ( Who weren’t cyber newtypes that is, since that is part of their whole deal).
>>
>>15476783

>Even the mecha battles were a joke, most of the time the heroes and their enemies would get on their mechs, sortie, shout each other's name, fire a couple of shots, maybe their mecha would lose an arm or a leg, return to their base and repeat ad infinitum.
This is false, see episodes 8, 9, 12, 13, 17, 26, 30, and 47, for a few examples. Most of the battles were more like these. What you mentioned happened maybe 5% of the time.

A great example is episode 13. https://youtu.be/J40XbRMIBig?t=16m13s

We get unique tactics, like Roberto tossing a part of his MS and firing at it as it hits the enemy so to take it out. We see on site obstructions that alter the course of the battle, like that Hi0-Zack landing on that destroyed GM II and losing its footing, causing it to get taken out. We even see Char come out with a unique strategy to deal with the Asshimar by getting the MK II to go on the Hyaku Shiki’s shoulders so that they can reach it.

We get a ton of creativity in the battle choreography, and this is just an average episode in the series.

> At least in the original series, although the animation was far inferior, you could feel the pressure and intensity in its battles.

The soundtrack and the fact that even by the time we hit the Killimanjaro arc Kamille was still having to be bailed out by allies makes Zeta very intense battle wise - having real threats on the battlefield does the trick. So I'm not sure where you are coming from on this one.
>>
>>15476736
>If you don't know what happened in a show then you don't hate the show.

What a stupid line of reasoning. Of course I remember what happened while I was viewing it, and I didn't fucking enjoy it. Why the fuck would I keep remembering something I hated? Makes no fucking sense. I hate Star Wars episode 1, and I barely remember anything about it. It doesn't help that I still fucking hated it, and I had good reasons to hate it at the time of viewing. Same for Zeta. You're a fanboy, so you rewatch the show and refresh your memory, I don't, because I'm not interested in rewatching a terrible show.
>>
>>15476793
>Of course I remember what happened while I was viewing it
>and I had good reasons to hate it at the time of viewing

You would be able to give details of what happened such that you could substantiate your negative opinions if you did. I don't deny that you remember disliking it. What you don't have is knowledge of the show such that you can actually make a judgement about it, since you don't know what happened in it. There isn't anything wrong with you having negative memories about the show, but unless you can actually relate that to the show then that has nothing to do with the show itself, it just has to do with you.
>>
>>15476807
>since you don't know what happened in it
I sorta know what happened, but it's all very vague.

My biggest problem with Zeta is the fact that there isn't enough of a plot to support the whole show, and the fact that shit happens, because the characters fuck up, as opposed to the plot naturally moving forward. In MSG, shit was happening regardless of what x or y was doing.

It doesn't help that none of the characters are likable, and act like they have autism.
>>
File: Autists.png (861KB, 902x1094px) Image search: [Google]
Autists.png
861KB, 902x1094px
>>15476818
>act like they have autism.

You don't seem to understand what Autism is. Here is a handy guide.
>>
>go to bed
>this thread has 0 replies and is on its way off the board
>wake up
>Lazyrager bumped his own thread repeatedly and everybody ended up taking the bait
Goddamn we're doomed.
>>
>>15476905
>>Lazyrager bumped his own thread
I'm not Lazyrager, and you are the ones who bumped it.

>>15476526
This isn't me. Just someone acting like me because he's hurt that I have an opinion he doesn't like.
>>
>>15476818
>the fact that there isn't enough of a plot to support the whole show
It's character driven.
>shit happens, because the characters fuck up
If they did fuck up that was a part of their characterization. Why is it unnatural?
>>
>>15476932
>It's character driven.
Certainly explains why Zeta never goes anywhere half the time.
>>
>>15476944
...Yes?
>>
>>15476721
>You are free to have our opinions of course.
That freudian slip tho
>>
>>15476896
>Kamille
>not autistic
>>
>>15476965
What makes you think it was a slip?
>>
>>15476973
Seemed to me you wanted to say "you're free to have your opinions".
>>
>>15476978
I did.
It's a joke.
A joke.
As in, but what if i meant the opposite of that because everyone on the internet is a jerk.
Ha Ha.
>>
>>15476417
You spelled IBO wrong
>>
Zeta is the greatest mecha anime of all time
>>
>>15476708
>Those are your subjective feelings about it
okay but that's literally every single post on this thread.
>>
>>15477280
Everyone has subjective feelings but I avoid using loaded words like "great" or "terrible" when discussing the quality of something unless I was explicitly asked for my opinion.
>>
>>15476417
I didn't like it very much as well, it was too much pew pew I'll get you next time kisama! status quo-friendly fighting until the last like 5 episodes when they suddenly seemed to have remembered they had to wrap it up and people just started dropping like flies. It's been a long time since I last watched it but IIRC it averaged at like 2-3 dramatic deaths per episode in the final stretch, there was virtually no payoff to all the side-plots that were developed throughout the entire show.

Also I didn't like the the mech design for the most part.
>>
>>15476697
Romance is terrible in every Gundam show though.
>>15476609
Zeta is well praised because of the main cast, Kamille specifically. There is LITERALLY no one in the UC that recieved better character development than him. Don't be so asshurt because many people like what you don't l, then again, I suppose that's what 4chan is for.
>>
>>15477613
>no one in the UC that recieved better character development
I like Kamille for his characterization and his interactions with the adult cast, the latter mostly not for the sake of Kamille himself but because it's nice for once to see that even shitty adults can have a somewhat positive effect on a kid if they are given the chance.
I just feel that people conflate "good" character development with "positive" character development and that sort of attitude bothers me. The only thing that most people judge other people by is to what extent other people conform to the norms they personally feel that other people should conform to.
It's true that Kamille became a lot more compliant because people around him were giving their best to treat him nicely but it's not like he has become some sort of paragon of maturity like some people make it out to be. Even in later episodes he acts like a kid and that is a good thing because he IS a kid. Tomino's characters are often hypocritical and Kamille is probably his most hypocritical characters. That is not something that the narrative is trying to hide. Kamille is hypocritical because he is a good honest kid with strong convictions but little life experience even to the end. That makes him compelling and relatable.That is what makes his development feel natural. Still I feel a lot of people mean "He was stupid and annoying but then he corrected himself and became totally righteous" when they say "good character development".
I feel that if the standard of good is "detailed" and "realistic" a lot of other characters have received as good character development.
>>
>>15476818

There were a decent amount of sub plots driven by erratic character choices - but plenty of what was going on in the actual conflict, like the Jaburo or Killimanjaro attacks, had nothing to do with that at all. If you think that there was'nt enough macro-plot, that is understandable. Zeta, like most shows of it's era, had a simple stretched out macro plot filled up with tons of small micro plots and character arcs. I think that the erratic characterization made these arcs enjoyable and emphasized the chaos of war and human emotion when in conflict, a theme Tomino always does well.

>>15477316
Do you mean to say that you wanted more of the main cast to die early on? Because Roberto, Lila, Mour, Cacricorn, Four Rosamia, and Blex all died prior to that. So it is not like the battles were without character death prior to that. The Four and Rosami arcs had major payoff as mentioned here >>15476724
Which side plots in particular are you thinking of that did'nt have any payoff ? What stopped them from having payoff - what were they lacking?
>>
>>15477964
Don't bother. Z gets hated by AU fags because they can't stand it having more praise than timeless classics like Wing, 00, or SEED.
>>
>>15477964
Jesus you're asking way too specific questions about a show I watched years ago. But if I had to pick one sub-plot whose climax really dissapointed me it would have to be, without a doubt, Jerid's.
>>
>>15478704
You need to contemplate the futility of life.
>>
>>15478725
Been doing that for years and quite frankly I don't see what your point is.
>>
>>15478729
Jerid was just a naive kid that thought that the world would bend his way but it just kicked him in the face. Happens all the time.
>>
>>15478743
Yeah but he was still a major part of the show and he just gets done in real quick at the end. And that brings me to what I guess is my main gripe with Zeta, which is that while all the characters are very well developed, the complexity of their relations and all the grey morality involved just kinda dampens my emotional investment in those characters. I could appreciate what Zeta tried to do differently, and I even think they executed it well, but I always felt very distant from the drama, there was nothing in the show that got me invested in it quite the same way the original MSG did.
>>
>>15478755
Why would complexity dampen your emotional response. Isn't it more relatable this way?
>>
>>15478779
They're too complex, I need something vague and devoid to project myself onto.
>>
>>15478779
Because I wanted everyone in this show to die at least once. But seriously, I haven't watched the show in year so I'm working on vague recollections, but I felt like the drama in Zeta ended up dampening itself very often. And as I said, this is not due to any particular flaw I can point out in the show itself, it was just a continuous feeling of "man I liked MSG a lot better than this". But I might've been a bit unfairly biased towards Zeta because everyone was telling me how it's leagues beyond 0079 at the time but I just don't see it.

>>15478784
>projecting this much yourself
>>
>>15478704
So what was wrong with it ?
>>15478755
I can't really tell which anon is which, but that's fine if you personally did'nt feel connected to the characters because they were too grey or if you just found yourself liking MSG way more in comparison. But that is a far cry from saying shit like " ZETA IS TOTAL GARBAGE, THE OBJECTIVELY WORST MECHA SHOW OF THE 80s". If someone wants to make as strong of the claim as the latter they better be able to back up their viewpoint and actually be able to really point out in detail what is actually wrong with the show.
>>
>>15478824
I don't think that the characters in Zeta and MSG are that different.
I guess the storytelling approach is kind of different.
Both rely a lot on visual cues and cryptic dialogue but MSG is more focused. It always centers on a single character and a single issue at a time which makes it easier to follow and understand. This is traditional a traditional approach.
Zeta is really dicipated. You just get bits and ends of a single idea here and there and this is harder to keep track of. I like that though. It creates a sort of real-time feel that MSG didn't have. I do agree that it could have a dampening effect on your immediate emotional reaction because it doesn't give you time to ruminate. Most directors intuitively do that but it's the fact that Tomino doesn't that adds an extra layer of reality to his storytelling.
>>
File: op-1-8.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
op-1-8.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>15476896
People call best Jojo autistic?
Man, he can't catch a break can he.
>>
>>15476417
No,it's not, it's nowhere close, Zetarager. It's argably the franchise's best
>>
>>15478704
What was wrong with Jerid? He was fueled by vengeance for the entire show and he kept surviving because he either got lucky or waifus kept risking their lives for him. In the end that shit backfired and he ended up dying an angry death. It's supposed to show that running on nothing but revenge is foolish and will get you killed eventually.
>>
>>15480001
Wow. What profound thinking.
>>
>>15480027
It's more thinking than just you being disappointed. What did you expect? And at least they only showed it with one character in a well-executed way.
>>
I dislike Zeta and ZZ a lot (partly because it rehashed Dunbine and L-Gaim within a Gundam format), but I can honestly say that it has more redeeming elements than the shit that is CE. And I saw SEED before I saw Zeta and ZZ mind you.

Hell, the 3-way clusterfuck between the AEUG, Titans, and Axis was worth sitting through. I knew even before the series ended that 1 of the 3 factions was going to come out on top because the other 2 would expend themselves in bloodshed. Haman conserved her forces, thus Axis came out on top and the 1st coming of Neo-Zeon picked up where Zeta ended.

Not to mention Paptimus Scirocco. That dude is legitimately one of the better villains in Zeta. He was a master troll of the highest order and fucking over the Titans, AEUG, and Axis anyway he could was glorious to watch. Plus his death scene is hands-down the best (and most violent) I've ever seen an antagonist suffer from.
>>
>>15480152
So what exactly didn't you like about it. I haven't seen Dunbine or L-Gaim yet, so I don't know what you mean by
>rehashed Dunbine and L-Gaim within a Gundam format
>>
>>15479017
Shit if anything he's the least Autistic Jojo.
>>
>>15480135
>It's more thinking than just you being disappointed.
Different person.
>What did you expect?
From you? Something that is not a complete platitude.
>And at least they only showed it in a well-executed way
There is no good way to execute a banality.
>>
>>15480163
I think Josuke takes that title.
>>
>>15480160
I think what >>15480152 is saying is that Z & ZZ recycled Dunbine's aura motifs in battle as well as L-Gaim's Bio-Relation uplink. That and quite a few MS designs would fit well within L-Gaim than Gundam. Especially Haman's Qubeley or any of Paptimus' Jovian suits.

Gremmy's rebellion in ZZ even echoes Giwaza's from L-Gaim.
>>
>>15480163
>>15479017
The problem is like the picture says. People assume 'Overly Emotional' = 'Autistic'

When its' almost the exact opposite of that.

People see a character acting irrationally or complaining a lot and go 'He's fucking autistic' instead of 'He's a child acting childishly'
>>
>>15478670
All of these are shit, along Zeta.
>>
>>15476544
Spics shouldn't be allowed to have internet access.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.