[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys! Just want everybody to know that the correct spelling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: flower.jpg (7KB, 187x270px) Image search: [Google]
flower.jpg
7KB, 187x270px
Hi guys! Just want everybody to know that the correct spelling of the series isn't Gundam Seed or Gundam SEED Destiny. It's Gundam SEED DESTINY. That's right, all caps. Just like Gundam AGE.

Peace!
>>
DOG ONLY FEED ON SHAME
>>
File: 06.jpg (417KB, 580x764px) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
417KB, 580x764px
>>
>>15473376
Better than Iron Menstruation
>>
>>15473394
probably kill u too
>>
DOG
>>
File: Gundam_Seed_Destiny[1].jpg (69KB, 494x328px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_Seed_Destiny[1].jpg
69KB, 494x328px
1: It's a convention to use all-caps in logos, you're being too literal. Do you refer to Turn A as "∀ GUNDAM CALLED TURN "A" GUNDAM" as well? Or do you say "MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM UC UNICORN"?

2: You're being inconsistent anyways, because they often render it as MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM SEED DESTINY. Pic related.

3: The Japanese community *does* call it "MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM SEED DESTINY", but then, this is a community that barely understands English. The English and Japanese Gundam fandoms have different ways of referring to the same things - we say "Turn A Gundam" while they say "∀ガンダム".
>>
>>15473417
1: No, they never call Turn A that, that's just the subtitle on the logo teaching how to call it. "UC UNICORN" is not used too and it's redundant. They write UC but it means Unicorn, just like they write Z, V, W, ∀, but it means Zeta, Victory, Wing, Turn A.

2: The japanese words on titles are more commonly adapted in lower case. Kidou Senshi = Mobile Suit. Tekketsu no Orphans = Iron-Blooded, etc.

3: We write "Turn A" cause it's easy than to find the "∀" on the keyboard. Everybody still say it in the same way.
>>
File: Untitled-42.jpg (167KB, 864x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-42.jpg
167KB, 864x1136px
>>15473499
1: I was joking, but it is an established convention to use all caps in titles. It's not "MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM WING", it's Mobile Suit Gundam Wing.

2: Sure, as long as you ignore basically every piece of Gundam merchandise released overseas. Just look at some DVD logos. MOBILE FIGHTER G GUNDAM. MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM 0080 WAR IN THE POCKET. Or hell, since you brought up IBO, pic related.

3: Nigga, Japanese keyboards don't come with a turned A either. Moreover, I'm not just talking about casual conversation. The Wikipedia page in English is "Turn A Gundam", the Japanese page is "∀ガンダム". Hell, look at Wing, which the Japanese prefer to call "ガンダムW", or Victory, which they prefer to call "Vガンダム”.
>>
File: and we're the audience.jpg (54KB, 637x256px) Image search: [Google]
and we're the audience.jpg
54KB, 637x256px
>>15473499
>We write "Turn A" cause it's easy than to find the "∀" on the keyboard. Everybody still say it in the same way.

What a half-assed, lukewarm resolution.

If you're gonna clench your ass about these things, go all the way. Find a way to type DESTINy where the D is 2 to 3 font sizes larger. You should also never used SEED in the main title line, only S. You also need to find a way to have the 機動戦士 appear above ガンダム, MOBILE SUIT (at 0.75 font size to) GUNDAM SEED below it and not cutting into the section below the ム, and have シード デスティニー above the "ESTIN" in DESTINy.

I can only pay you one (You) per post. It's not much but take it if you must.
>>
>>15473553
What a clusterfuck of a logo. I never noticed how crazy it was.
>>
>>15473523
1: I know it is a convention for logos. But SEED has more going on with all his acronyms: ZAFT, PLANT, FAITH, ZAKU, GOUF, and of course, SEED. Sure, Destiny, as the mobile suit, it's fine, but on the title it's DESTINY. Maybe it was supposed to mean something. Also, it's New Mobile Report Gundam Wing. Only in the US was released as Mobile Suit.

2: Again, I know it's a convention for logos and promo materials and not only japanese ones. There's not any much to say about it.

3: Yes, exactly what I said at 1: here >>15473499

>>15473553
Now you just being silly, but I don't mind, we all are. Keep with the good humor.
>>
>>15473567
GUNDAM is an acronym in SEED as well, so you should be typing Mobile Suit GUNDAM SEED DESTINY if anything.

>Maybe it was supposed to mean something.
Possible. Fukuda's wife was one of the finest writers of our time, may she rest in piece.
>>
>>15473376
Best AU Gundam
>>
>>15476658
Yes, SEED and SEED Destiny are best AU.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.