[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is this bullshit? I didn't mind Newtypes being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

What the fuck is this bullshit? I didn't mind Newtypes being introduced but this is just retarded. They couldn't have Kamille beat Yazan normally? Why does he have to become invincible?
>>
>Why does he have to become invincible?
He's not. All that Newtype bullshit didn't stop Scirocco from turning him into a vegetable.
>>
>>15467919
Yeah but against Yazan, Zeta couldn't even be damaged.
>>
>>15467958
Yeah well that's what happens when you have a super autistic freak for a pilot. Just be glad they didn't go full retard like with Unicorn and Banana
>>
>>15467910
>>15467958
There is an explanation,
Zeta's Biosensor activated after Kamille had enough of Yazan's bullshit and activated the Zeta's Barrier which Kamille changed the Barrier output and used it on the Beam Saber to stop a fleeing Yazan.

Also Yazan fucked up a lot of times were he had the Zeta he would underestimate Kamille which led to getting BTFO by Kamille
>>
>>15467976
>Zeta's Barrier
So basically your explanation is 'it's Newtype magic I ain't gotta explain shit'?
>>
>>15467995
The explanation is literally the Bio-sensor amplifying Newtype bullshit. Same shit happens with Nu Gundam and Unicorn
>>
>>15468000
I'm gonna have to watch Zeta again to see if they even talk about the bio sensor
>>
>>15467971
At the very least, they always mentioned shit with the psycho frame
>>
>>15468032
I'm pretty sure it didn't come up until the model kits.

Basically it was bullshit thought up as a last-minute excuse, like Strike Freedom's constantly changing origin info.
>>
>>15468032
They mention that the Zeta is a machine that can channel Camille's power, but only in the final battle with Scirocco. Nothing is every said before nor it's explained why it can do that.
>>
>>15468032
It's never mentioned in dialogue, other than Emma vaguely saying something about the Zeta able to make use of their souls or something shortly before she died.

>>15468036
No, it's a bit earlier than that. For ZZ at least, the production staff were already considering explaining it all as biosensor and psycommu bullshit, especially in Mashymre's case. However, this wasn't something that was ever outwardly stated, it was more of an internal thing that the staff agreed on (staff notes, show bible, etc) as they were working on the show.

http://mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14094
>Apparently, it was mentioned in the staff notes published in The Anime magazine while the show was still on the air, and the HG-UC kit manual says that the Zaku III Custom is rumored to have "a terminal with psycommu-like functions, although the details are unclear."
>>
>>15467995
>Newtype magic I ain't gotta explain shit'?

When Kamille goes into the Turbo Rage mode, his brain activity heightens up and since Biosensor and Psycommu in general read brainwaves and change them into a computer code, Kamille literally programs the Zeta biosensor to attract all Minovsky particle in the area and make an I-filed barrier and boost up his beam sabre.
>>
>>15468052
>>15468052

I give you props for pulling together a succinct description of what happened, but saying the Psychommu system turned Camille's rage into computer code to reprogram the Biosensor to spontaneously arrange an I-field is like saying my steering wheel reprogrammed my engine to fabricate gasoline. It's fine from an handwavium perspective, but good grief that just makes my head hurt.
>>
>>15468266
How'd you respond to Amuro pushing Axis, or Banana stopping a colony laser?
>>
>>15468269

The honest answer is, I don't know. The psychoframe is just weird technology even from a Gundam perspective that it defies rational explanation. In a lot of ways, it even breaks the mold of what we know concretely about what Newtypes can do, which is typically described as hyper-sensitivity to emotion, increased perception and spatial awareness, as well as being able to project their thoughts and feelings to others. How all that translates into kinetic manipulation like in the case of Axis, or in energy deflection like in Unicorn, I have no fucking clue. Sure we can say psychoframe, because that's the in-series explanation, but there's never really been a hard and fast description of how it works or why it can do those things. Especially in the case of Unicorn, where we see the development of the psychoframe crystals and the subsequent spike in the Unicorn's power, it suggests the psychoframe material itself is somehow capable of self-generation and expansion when exposed to strong enough psychic signal. It could be that it acts as a resonator, converting brain waves into an actual physical force, but at this point we are well beyond the known, relatively-realistic physics of things like the AMBAC or even I-Fields.
>>
>>15467919
The post-Unicorn retcons of that (according to interviews in Great Mechanics and such) say that Scirocco's not that strong a newtype. It was the psychofield generated by the biosensor responding to Scirocco's dying wish that did it, not Scirocco himself.
>>
File: IMG_2470.png (52KB, 346x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2470.png
52KB, 346x360px
>>15467910
Because it's science fiction about giant robots in space.
If this isn't shitposting and you're actually annoyed by science fiction being science fiction, you should probably stick to things like Lucky Star or PBS documentaries for entertainment.
>>
>>15468507
We're not talking about science fiction stuff here though.
We're talking about magic.
>>
>>15468519
>not talking about science fiction
The zeta's biosensor is a piece of technology in the distant future in an anime that allows such things happen.
>>
>>15468266
>Psychommu system turned Camille's rage into computer code

But that's what Newtype are, when Newtype were first discovered they have much stronger brainwaves reading than normal people and since Minovsky Particle fucked up most conventional radio signal the Flannagan institute (IIRC) develop the psycommu system that read and translate brainwaves into machine code.
>my steering wheel reprogrammed my engine to fabricate gasoline
If your car have a biosensor and you're a newtype, sure.
>>
>>15468052
Minovsky particle manipulation is the old theory m8. Zeta's Biosensor now creates the reality warping psycofield.
>>
>>15468266
>is like saying my steering wheel reprogrammed my engine to fabricate gasoline
So the AGE System
>>
>>15468897

A biosensor isn't a pscyoframe or psycommu and doesn't create a psycofield to my knowledge. Even psycommus don't create them, just psycoframes, since they're much more dense. And even then they need a large psycoframe (or multiple ones in proximity) as well as a large amount of human will concentrated on one thing.
>>
>>15467910
This thread is why I don't pay attention to the side material in Gundam.
Too much bullshit.
Just take what you see on the screen as is.
>>
>>15468269
Newtype bullshit deus ex machinas, just because it happened doesn't mean it was good, sensible or appropriate. Just light when Banagher and that damn slut in the shamblo face off and literally stand still having a spare off like 2 mental patients rolling on the floor screaming at each other until someone pulls them apart (Riddhe).
>>
>>15468978
>too much bullshit
>in side materials

The primary problem with gundam is there's too much bullshit in the mainline franchise. 90% of side materials just focus on beefing up the internals of the mobile suits too ridiculous levels while the main series just makes up a new asspull to force you to think NEWTYPES DA FUTURE.
>>
>>15468507
Just because it's sci fi doesn't mean it should resort to deus ex machinas.
>>
>>15468897
IIRC Psycofield were generated by Psycoframe hence the name Psycofield. Bio Sensor is just an upgraded version of a psycommu while Psycoframe is the whole new ballpark for Newtype tech. While Bio Computer and Psycommu operate on the same level of technology ie transmitted brainwaves to a machine then the machine convert it to computer codes, Psycoframe basically millions of Bio Sensor in an atomic scale being Incorporated around the cockpit in Amuro's case or the whole goddamn frame for Banana's.
>>
>>15469008
t. there were more gundams than gms in the oyw
>>
>>15469126
And how many of those were special snowflakes that could defeat enemies with mind bullets or recombine by themselves? All the oyw side stories gundams were just powered up mobile suits, nothing more nothing less. If you stuck a gm head on gundam mud rock it wouldn't have any difference but God forbid you put an oldtype in a protagonist gundam in a mainline entry.
>>
>>15469148
>And how many of those were special snowflakes
Literally all
>>
>>15469151
What could any of the rx78 series do that a gm could not? If you stuck the backpacks from rx78-4 or 5 on a gm command would there be any difference? Or even the full armor 7th for that fact. Ground gundams were only marginally stronger than ground gms but if you put anyone but a newtype in a gundam it instantly turns to shit.
>>
>>15468914
>doesn't create a psycofield to my knowledge
Retconned. They literally say that the pink aura is a visible psychofield now.
>>
It granted a wish, like Unicorn on a smaller scale. That's what NT powers are, wish fulfillment.
>>
>>15469166
>What could any of the rx78 series do that a gm could not?
Most GMs have short range equipment, and a lot less in terms of equipment.

>If you stuck the backpacks from rx78-4 or 5 on a gm command would there be any difference?
Yes. The -4 and -5 have magnetic coating, thrusters all over, and improved weapons like "hyper" beam rifles or a bigass beam launcher.

>Or even the full armor 7th for that fact
I don't think any of the OYW era GMs have a good enough reactor to power the weapons and thrusters.

>If you stuck a gm head on gundam mud rock it wouldn't have any difference but
That's because the only thing the head does is hold sensors and vulcans.

>but God forbid you put an oldtype in a protagonist gundam in a mainline entry.
That's because of special snowflake writing.
>>
>>15470354
>Retconned. They literally say that the pink aura is a visible psychofield now.
Source?
>>
>>15470385
The GM issue that covered the last Unicorn OVA episode.
>>
>>15470473
Is it up on that Chinese scans website?
>>
>watches gundam
>can't comprehend or can't handle newtype space autism magic
you should stop watching now since you can't seem to find a way to enjoy it in an ironic way like everyone else does
>>
>>15467910
What's actually wrong with it though ?
>>
>>15470849
Nothing really, just that the show itself didn't explain shit
>>
>>15467910

Okay OP, so the idea behind Gundam is this. The Earth, you know, where oldtypes dwell, is totally mundane. Space is different though, it's an Imaginationland you can manipulate with your thought - but only if you're that special snowflake newtype guy AND if you have decent enough level of newtype power (I've heard even imagining that small flash thingie to life or pretending to talk to dead people is hella hard). If you're really autistic like Kamille though, space listens to you more willfully.
>>
>>15470855
I prefer my space magic to be mysterious and obscure personally. It's cooler that it just happened instead of us getting a boring exposition scene explaining it.
>>
>>15471032
truth
>>
>>15471032
I think the issue that some people have with it is that it feels like a last-second cop-out and a bit internally inconsistent with what viewers could reasonably expect. Like when a character just gets an arbitrary power-up, or defeats an enemy by "Punching Harder-er," instead of through the crystallization of their skill or creativity.
>>
>>15471026
All this did was make Kamille look bad since Yazan still managed to survive
>>
>>15473270

We had already seen crazy Newtype shit like Four moving the Psycho Gundam with her mind from afar earlier in the series, not to mention Scirroco using mental pressure to make enemies miss shots against him, and Scirroco and Haman making their mobile suits glow and have a psychic sumo wrestling contest with one another. Newtype abilities going off the wall had been going on since before the show even hit it's mid point. If someone had payed attention to the show they were watching they would have no reason to be particularly surprised that during the most brutal battle in the series it would get ramped up even further. Since battle is usually what makes Newtype abilities come out.
>>
>>15473363
Kamille looked pretty bad on his own, since he needed to magically paralyze The O to defeat his series' end boss.
>>
>>15468269
psychoframe turns strong wishes into reality, it's that simple.
you can fabricate all kinds of technobable to explain it, but this is its basic purpose from what we've seen within the context of Gundam.
>>
>>15467910
>What the fuck is this bullshit?
>watching anything that isn't Takahashi and actually expecting it to be """ real""" robot
You do this to yourselves, lads
>>
>>15467910
>What the fuck is this bullshit? I didn't mind Newtypes being introduced but this is just retarded. They couldn't have Kamille beat Yazan normally? Why does he have to become invincible?

It has been almost 40 years since the UC is more about ghosts dukeing it out than robots fighting other robots.
Realism in the UC ? Yeah don't make me laugh.
>>
>>15467910
This is why newtype-ism is cancer in UC.

It's so ambiguous and ill-defined that it becomes a cop out in the story.
>>
>>15473661

> watching Takshashi
> expecting it to be real either

Sounds like you do too.
>>
>>15473558
Well, that surprisingly enough makes sense now, but yeah, it's pretty bullshit.
>>
>>15470817
>enjoy it in an ironic way
You're the worst type of person
>>
>>15471032
Yeah I agree.
It's like howthe original star wars trilogy handled the force.
It gave it a more spiritual prescence which made it a cool mysterious force in their world.

I wish newtypes were handled the same way.
After MSG and early Zeta Newtypes and all their analogues lost that mysticism, although victory and CCA recapture it.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.