[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this. Well that was fucking terrible. They totally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

File: unicorn.jpg (159KB, 1707x952px) Image search: [Google]
unicorn.jpg
159KB, 1707x952px
Just finished this.

Well that was fucking terrible. They totally ruined Mineva's character and get me started on the retarded amount of UNDERSTANDING.

The battle scenes were on point though. Best I've seen, actually.
>>
>>15464782
>They totally ruined Mineva's character

Mineva didn't have a character to begin with. She's just generic space princess/MacGuffin.
>>
>>15464802
Marida doesn't have a personality either and everybody loves her.
>>
>>15464810
>and everybody loves her.
For sympathetic reasons.
>>
Ya but that time warp scene was a nostalgia trip. Backwards recap of some of the best UC moments almost got me pretty emotional as I've been following Gundam since I was 12.
>>
>>15464810
Marida was the cold onee-san type that's soft on the inside
it's pretty simplistic like the rest of unicorn but it exists
>>
>>15464810
SHE LOVED ICE CREAM AND HEADPATS
>>
>>15464821
>For sympathetic reasons.

I have a lot of sympathy for Audrey Burne.
>>
>>15465206
SHE LOVES HOTDOGS AND IS TOTAL ZEON WHORE
>>
>>15464810
>Marida doesn't have a personality either and everybody loves her.

Only pedophiles like her because she's puru puru puru puru. She's the embodiement of moe, sexual slave and tragic character all rolled into one. No wonder real life pedos flock to her.
>>
>>15465212
>18 years old
>Only pedophiles like her
what did he mean by this
>>
>>15464782
Did you really have to make a thread for this? This isn't your blog.
>>
>>15466241
>page 0 is filled with threads like some stoner retard talking about watching gundam high and tokushit

Go fuck yourself buddy.
>>
File: lolicon fantasy.png (401KB, 1918x788px) Image search: [Google]
lolicon fantasy.png
401KB, 1918x788px
>>15465295
She's a lolicon fantasy
>>
File: Banagher opens Laplace's Box.jpg (1MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Banagher opens Laplace's Box.jpg
1MB, 3000x2000px
>>15464782
>and get me started on the retarded amount of UNDERSTANDING.
The whole point of Unicorn is how UNDERSTANDING is nice, but rarely perfect and just plain doesn't work on any scale larger than two people, and that actual end to conflict comes from people leaving behind the baggage of the past, and acting in the interest of a better future while wanting to be better themselves.

Unicorn doesn't do the usual Gundam thing and talk about how understanding is needed for a better world, it's about how understanding as a concept is impossible and anyone that banks on it instead of actual interpersonal relationships and leading by example is a hopeless nincompoop.
>>
>>15464782
Unicorn's problems were that its characters are ALL awful. Every single one of them. The villains are all "muh rape" or "muh newtypes" and the good guys are "YOU CAN'T DO THAT"

Don't even get me started on Riddhe.

Everything else about Unicorn is absolute God tier. Shame characters are usually one of the most important parts of a story.
>>
>>15466396
What the fuck? What villains in Unicorn are about muh rapes?
>>
File: 109 - 1uVp8nT.jpg (296KB, 1600x1133px) Image search: [Google]
109 - 1uVp8nT.jpg
296KB, 1600x1133px
I finished this the other day, and there was one thing that kind of bugged me. Maybe I just missed it or something, but is it ever stated what exactly Full Frontal is? We go from the end of CCA where Char get's psycommu'd into nothingness, to Full Frontal being a thing 3 years later. Was he stated to be a clone at some point, some dude just taking Char's likeness (obviously not, but you don't know this til the last episode), or actually Char?

I just want to say (because of the wiki) I know it's the "evil" half of Char's soul in a cyber newtype clone, but still. None of that is explained in Unicorn, or even alluded to enough to draw the conclusion oneself.
>>
>>15467001
OVA skipped the reveal that Full Frontal was just a Char imprinted on some poor Zeon newtype grunt. I guess they didn't have the time or something. Though the fact that Zeon could do that with the Psychoframe brings up the plot hole of why won't Neo-Zeon just do it with every cyber newtype grunt they have so they have a whole bunch of ace pilots totally dedicated to the cause.
>>
>>15467001
He's the Venom snake to Char's Big boss from what I remember someone saying about the novel.
>>
>>15467014
>so they have a whole bunch of ace pilots totally dedicated to the cause.
That would require them having someone other than Char to imprint onto people.
>>
>>15464782
Every protag in the UC is either a angsty stuck up brat or a whiney peacnik preachy pussy, except for maybe Usso and what's-his-face from the 08th team.
>>
>>15464782
>DO I FIT IN YET GUYZZZ???-the post
>>
>>15464782
>Well that was fucking terrible.
Why?
>They totally ruined Mineva's character
What character?
>>
>>15467014
Full Frontal literally had a part of Char's soul in the OVA
>>
>>15468698
>everything with the Neo Zeong
>that autistic flashback where they go through the one year war
The OVA was somehow even dumber than the novel
>>
>>15466396
Zimmerman, Bright, and Otto
>>
>>15469339
Not him, but come on, does bright really count when he didn't do much and most of his characterization is just stuff from 0079, Zeta, ZZ, and CCA?

I'll give you the other two I liked Zimmerman and Otto was cool wish we got more of him.
>>
>>15466353
>The whole point of Unicorn is how UNDERSTANDING is nice, but rarely perfect and just plain doesn't work on any scale larger than two people, and that actual end to conflict comes from people leaving behind the baggage of the past, and acting in the interest of a better future while wanting to be better themselves.
Dude, that is exactly what early UC is about too. It is just not as retarded about it as Unicorn is. Good things don't just happen because you wished them to.
>>
>>15464782
I guess you just didn't...

UNDERSTAND.
>>
Unicorn tries real hard to be this super special, super important, historically important conflict when it is no more than some shitty sidestory of doubtful canonical status.
>>
>>15469401

YEAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>15468621
>and what's-his-face from the 08th team
>not a whiney peacnik preachy pussy
I see someone didn't watch the second half of the show.
>>
>>15469814
I didn't, so okay, Usso and I guess Seabook are the only ones that are neither.
>>
>>15468873
>Angelo didn't an hero in the OVAs
Agreed.
>>
>>15469355
>good things don't just happen because you wished them to
Explain CCA's ending then?
>>
>>15469818
Uso is dense idiot who cries and screams to just about anything that happens
Seabook was surprisingly level headed, probably because of the small screen time
>>
File: Victory_Gundam_29_22[1].png (543KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
Victory_Gundam_29_22[1].png
543KB, 704x528px
>>15470034
Uso was a small child.

a very lucky small child.
>>
>>15470034
He's still level headed in Crossbone. I'd honestly be ok if we stopped getting early UC in games, and they focus more on having Victory, and Crossbone.
>>
>>15470034
Usso still wasn't the brats that Amuro and Kamille were, he didn't go completely emo like Shinji Ikari did in his circumstances, and he did his duty and fought without devolving into pacifist bullshit like Bahngeter
>>
>>15469339
>zinnerman

>traitorous scum being a good character
>>
>>15470081
he cared more about family than sleeves.
>>
>>15470090

more like the writer just modified canon to make the Federation look like barbarians so Zinnerman could be a good guy despite the fact that he's fighting for space nazis who have a habit of dropping large objects on the earth
>>
>>15470139
The Feds have always been evil.

UC Gundam has always been about a magic boy in a magic robot saying "look, just because the Federation is evil, doesn't justify you being evil".
>>
>>15470148
t. Black_Nazi
>>
>>15470139
>t. delusional feddie
>>
I don't know where to post this and it doesn't warrant its own thread.
Hello, /m/.
My experience with mecha is vague memories from the 90s with Gundam Wing and with Unicorn -which I recently finished watching.
Now that I've got a taste for it, where do I go from here? It might be easier on you just to post one of the many infocharts for me.

Thanks.
>>
>>15470430
MSG 1979
>>
>>15469850
I don't think you understand what I'm talking about.
According to Unicorn and many other UNDERSTANDING schlock before or after it all you need to do to achieve UNDERSTANDING is to stop worrying and be happy and that people that disagree with that UNDERSTANDING are either just too ignorant or too spiteful to just CHOOSE to be happy because they still don't UNDERSTAND that you can just CHOOSE to be happy whenever your want at your will and it's their fault for not being happy because they haven't just CHOSEN to be happy but instead they have CHOSEN to be a trouble to everyone else and that they should immediately correct themselves by achieving a spiritual revelation that shows them that All-Loving-All-Merciful-Buddha-Jesus Protagonist was right all along and that UNDERSTANDING can be reached simply by UNDERSTANDING that you can just spontaneously CHOOSE to be happy which can be achieved simply and easily by wishing for it or else it is perfectly righteous that you should be dismissed forever as the evilest faggot that ever lived for not CHOOSING to GET OVER IT and deliberately CHOOSING to bother everyone because you are just a spiteful asshole like that for not being happy.

I don't remember CCA being about this.
>>
>>15470959
I do not think you understand Unicorn. UC message is about spreading the word out so nefarious people cannot twist it and use it for their own end.

CCA is about miracle solving humanity problem.

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>15470995
UC is about how humans will keep on doing their human thing. CCA is the same.I don't remember any of humanity's problems being solved in it and I am not talking about solving problems but about the attitude that problems exist in the first place because there are some people that just refuse to see the totally righteous path that the protagonist espouses.
>>
>>15471007
CCA is about fucking Newtype magic whisking away giant fucking space rock meant to destroy Earth.

That's one big fucking problem solved by Deus Ex Machina.
>>
>>15471061
>CCA is about fucking Newtype magic whisking away giant fucking space rock meant to destroy Earth.
And Unicorn is about a magical space teenager magically singlehandedly deflecting a giant space beam with his magical space robot. So what?
Can you stop being completely superficial for a second?
>>
>>15471063
So it's about fucking wishing away shit with Deus Ex Machina? Which is exactly the problem you are complaining about?

>Can you stop being completely superficial for a second?
Can you get to reality for one fucking second?
>>
>>15471068
>So it's about fucking wishing away shit with Deus Ex Machina?
It doesn't feature any people that were unhappy but magically became happy through spontaneously gaining awareness of the totally righteous power of understanding.
You yourself said that the "point" of Unicorn i.e. the idea that it was trying to convey was that:
>actual end to conflict comes from people leaving behind the baggage of the past, and acting in the interest of a better future while wanting to be better themselves
implying that the majority of people don't actually that understand on their own without being told and that if they could just magically open their eyes to this truth and understand it they could choose through their free will to be better and happier and more because you can totally make a conscious decision how to feel and what to be.
>>
>>15471083
>It doesn't feature any people that were unhappy but magically became happy through spontaneously gaining awareness of the totally righteous power of understanding.
Nobody in Unicorn gets magically happy because of magical NT power.
>implying that the majority of people don't actually that understand on their own without being told
But people from all countries have been misled by messages that make them mad and go to war, see various false flag attacks in the world.

Politicians have lied and told half-truth to make people go to war for all decade of humanity, and Unicorn's message is to stop that, by presenting the full truth.

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>15471090
Yeah, Full Frontal didn't do from full nihilist to "Banagher-coon, now I've totally seen the light of human's heart and I totally apologize for being a bad boy" because of Banagher's magical talk-no-jutsu and that a shitton of people, Riddhe including, didn't get magically purified from their evil ways by Marida's totally pure and merciful all-forgiving blameless motherly love, because there is no way any of those people would have chosen to be so bad if they knew how great understanding is and that all of their problems and insignificant existence and personal feelings and life experiences are nothing in comparison with it.
Of course, if we could just reveal how bad adults and their lies are then no one would believe them anymore and everybody would begin to love and trust those complete strangers that were trying to kill them just yesterday. We just need to one day expose all of those those people that are just evil and do evil things without reason and then all of us good people will be able to live in peace.
Politicians that are bad and they are the source of all evil in the world and the only reason there are wars is because of them and all of them are cynical and selfish for no reason and they just want to explore the people who dindu nothing and were forced to fight against their wills because they didn't know better.
>>
>>15471133

Seriously...
>>
>>15471133
>Yeah, Full Frontal didn't do from full nihilist to "Banagher-coon, now I've totally seen the light of human's heart and I totally apologize for being a bad boy" because of Banagher's magical talk-no-jutsu and that a shitton of people,
He got convinced by Banagher to have hopes in the new generation, for a good reason, just like he had hopes for humanity due to Amuro.
>iddhe including, didn't get magically purified from their evil ways by Marida's totally pure and merciful all-forgiving blameless motherly love,
Riddhe didn't get magically shit, he got over his nonsensical hatred of NT, and Marida death makes him realize he fucks up.
>because there is no way any of those people would have chosen to be so bad if they knew how great understanding is and that all of their problems and insignificant existence and personal feelings and life experiences are nothing in comparison with it.
Riddhe was tired of NT since he thought NT leads to conflict and war, FF was tired of the war seeing it refuses to change, no amount of self reflection is going to open their mind.
>Of course, if we could just reveal how bad adults and their lies are then no one would believe them anymore and everybody would begin to love and trust those complete strangers that were trying to kill them just yesterday.
More strawmans, but yes, if people know better, we might not be repeating bad mistakes.

And that's the point of UC.

End of.
>>
>>15471148
The thing is that it is completely possible to repeat bad mistakes even if you do know better.
There is a difference between understanding something intellectually and the intuitive knowledge of something gained through repeated personal experience and a lecture by a magical teenager doesn't amount to this latter.
War is much more complicated that "because the bad people told me to do it".
>>
>>15471165
Yeah, sure, but Unicorn has never about NO WAR FOREVER.

It's about preventing someone to misuse a message to start a potential war.
>>
>>15471169
>It's about preventing someone to misuse a message to start a potential war.
That's what the story is about.
Did you forget that you agreed that the "point" of Unicorn was to say that:
>actual end to conflict comes from people leaving behind the baggage of the past, and acting in the interest of a better future while wanting to be better themselves
That is what I'm talking about from the start. Knowing the truth won't help people do that.
>>
>>15471061
The whole point was that in the end it changed nothing. The earth sphere still went to shit in late UC
>>
>>15471182
I'm gonna repeat myself here:
>UC message is about spreading the word out so nefarious people cannot twist it and use it for their own end.

>That is what I'm talking about from the start. Knowing the truth won't help people do that.
It will help prevent people from being manipulated into doing that certain stupid shit.
>>
>>15471204
Uh, you don't know that until Tomino continues UC past CCA.

And even then, that's still better than the Earth getting dropped.
>>
>>15471206
No. It won't.From the perspective of the average person it's just more propaganda. People believe whatever is convenient to them.
Things don't happen because one person decided they will and manipulated everyone into following him. If that one person succeeded it's because there were people who were ready to believe him in the first place. It's not the mass that is controlled by the individual but the individual that is controlled by the mass.
>>
>>15471224
The point is it's not going to single handlely stop any future conflict, but that it's going to stop a war from starting right now.

Of course the truly zeon fanatics (like me) don't give a shit, neither do bad people, but now the box's message cannot be misused.
>>
>>15464782

I really disliked the final battle.

It was supposed to be a BATTLE, god damn it. The bad guy has a giant death-machine, the good guys have two smaller, nippier machines. The solution should be to smash them into each other in glorious combat, instead of having Full Frontal basically give up and die.

FIGHT each other, you faggots! Give me what I paid for!
>>
>>15471245
You are trying to make it sound like it wasn't trying to deliver any philosophical message when it clearly was and you agreed earlier.
>>
>>15471208
>Uh, you don't know that until Tomino continues UC past CCA.
Did you not watch F91 or Victory?
>>
>>15471282
Uh, what, no I don't think I agreed with you.
>>
>>15471286
No, in my context, because years later Tomino makes F91 and Victory.

You don't know that until he creates F91 and Victory.
>>
>>15471288
>>
>>15471314
When did I say that?
>>
>>15471316
Somebody did. I don't know if it was you.
So you claim that Unicorn was not trying to deliver any philosophical message but was simply a historical account of particular events?
>>
>>15471319
I am saying Unicorn does not try any BUT MUH UNDERSTANDING SHIT, its message is about presenting the truth and preventing half-truth.
>>
>>15471337
SOREDEMO
>>
Unicorn's message is that banagher is uc jesus and all zeeks and feddies are freed from their sins by his holy hand and his messenger of POSSIBILITIES, the god mode unicorn
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.