[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate those that shit on Inafune mindlessly. I dont' care

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 1492505801037.jpg (250KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1492505801037.jpg
250KB, 1280x1280px
I hate those that shit on Inafune mindlessly. I dont' care about this or that drama with some feminist mod or whatever, or Mighty Number blunder. My childhood was spent on the NES+SNES. My friends consisted of Mega Man, Roll, X and Zero. His games stand the test of time. I dont' care if he never makes anything on that par ever again.

So thank you Inafune. Thank you for the memories.
>>
>>15464661
>My friends consisted of Mega Man, Roll, X and Zero.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im0i7JDJ-cI
>>
All he was was a producer and illustrator, and he didn't even come up with the concept.

>During a special event at TGS 2007, Inafune clarified his role in the creation of Mega Man.

>"I'm often called the father of Mega Man, but actually, his design was already created when I joined Capcom," he explained. "My mentor [Capcom senior member Akira Kitamura], who was the designer of the original Mega Man, had a basic concept of what Mega Man was supposed to look like. So I only did half of the job in creating him."

This would be like calling Katoki the Father of Gundam for redrawing someone else's designs
>>
>>15464661
Don't worry, I still shit on him, but not mindlessly.

Mighty No.9 revealed Inafune's true colours. He was never anything more than a guy high up the food chain in development who never really contributed anything other than character designs and took credit for making Mega Man. Not a single one of Inafune's character designs are top-class - not even Mega Man. Not even Zero and his booblights. Just because he designed a LOT of robot masters does NOT make him "good" or even "above average". The chance for him to take the reigns and direct his own version of the franchise revealed to everybody that the man is just plain not able to make good games. He's barely able to make something that qualifies as a "game".

This is especially infuriating in the wake of the Mega Man Legends 3 debacle - at that time, Inafune left due to "the state of the Japanese games industry" - everyone across the world got his back, "poor Inafune" was the message being parroted because it's so much easier to believe in the underdog, the guy who created Mega Man! Which turned out to be a gross exaggeration. No, what went on afterwards when he had four times the budget he originally asked for, essentially unlimited time and a TEAM of "legendary" members of the games industry showed us that, probably, most of the problems that had plagued the Mega Man franchise were his fault. I don't want to be mean or unfair but I was once condemning Capcom, saying I'd never buy another of their games again - but the track record shows Inafune cannot finish a game and Capcom continue to make high quality games. There is no evidence for any other situation.

So no. I will shit on Inafune until the man dies. He is perhaps a fraud with good intentions, but still a fraud. Frankly I don't give a shit how you feel; your reasoning is literally "I grew up playing games that he was on the development team for so he's a good guy". I suspect his role in a game's development was lessened as its quality increased.
>>
>>15464661
I can understand if you like Mega Man (I do too), but honestly the fan-made spiritual successors are probably just as good (which is a low bar to clear when looking at MN9) or considerably better. I hear Rosenkreuzstillette is an excellent game both as a MM-style platformer and on its own merits.
>>
>>15464661
The only older Megaman games he was actually the producer for were the ones everyone remembers as the worst, 8 and MM/Bass for Classic, X4 for X.

So I don't know why everyone sucks his dick as if he made amazing games or something.
>>
>>15465009
I understand your point with MM8, but
>MM/Bass
>X4
>worst
>>
>>15465040
Megaman and Bass, music aside, is a terrible game. The only reason anyone likes X4 is nostalgia.
>>
>>15465055
>The only reason anyone likes X4 is nostalgia.
And because you could play through the whole game with Zero, which was the first game to do that.

However, despite 4's issues 7 still exists, so there's no way it could be the worst.
>>
>>15465060
That doesn't magically make it a good game.

But I forgot 7 existed so I'll give you that it's not the worst.
>>
>>15465064
>That doesn't magically make it a good game.
Well yeah that would be why I led off with 'DESPITE 4's issues'.

I don't think 4's a horrible game, but I think it's the weakest of the PS1 X titles, even over 6.
>>
>>15465009
Huh? Everyone sucks X4's dick as the last good X game, and I don't even understand why. Sure, X5 had Alia interrupting gameplay, X6 and X7 had some of the most bizarre game design ever seen and X8 had TWO bike stages, but I think they offered more than X4 did
>>
>>15464981
>who never really contributed anything other than character designs and took credit for making Mega Man. Not a single one of Inafune's character designs are top-class - not even Mega Man.

Inafune never designed Mega Man. Akira Kitamura did. Kitamura also did the story, level design, and directed the first two games.

Inafune only did the promotional art because he was the only one on the team who was a trained artist.
>>
>>15465220
>trained con artist
Close enough.
>>
>>15464661
"His games'
hahahaha kill yourself, worthless cringe boi
>>
>>15464981
>Just because he designed a LOT of robot masters

How many robot masters did Inafune design? I really think MM fans need to go back to the sources and question ALL their assumptions about the series. For too long "Inafune did everything" was the default belief, stemming from the false notion that he was the series creator.

We need to start from scratch and find out who designed what.

>Not even Zero and his booblights.

There ARE sources saying he designed Zero. He's on record for that.
>>
>>15464661
>His games
He only provided the money, bruh.
>>
File: 1466552777978.png (162KB, 585x492px) Image search: [Google]
1466552777978.png
162KB, 585x492px
>>
>>15465220
>Inafune never designed Mega Man. Akira Kitamura did.
That's right. Inafune basically "finalized" the design, which I find strange because his digital skills are nonexistent.

>Inafune only did the promotional art because he was the only one on the team who was a trained artist.
I wonder what and where he actually studied. Hand-drawn art was fine back in the 80s but his art does not stand up today. Like Chris chan, Inafune's art skills have never improved.

>>15465234
>How many robot masters did Inafune design?
From 1-3, all of them, but how much of those were merely "finalizing" someone else's work we have no way of knowing. The rest, however, we already know Capcom frequently held robot master competitions where kids submitted their ideas. He didn't design mavericks or anything else, really.
>There ARE sources saying he designed Zero. He's on record for that.
Yes, that's why I was saying that even the ones we can prove he designed are not even top-level designs. The original Mega Man is iconic, but again, he didn't come up with that design. Zero's booblight design is a mess and Nakayama's redesign is already more iconic.

Inafune was the cancer that Mega Man needed to be cleansed of.
>>
THANK YOU CON MAN
>>
>>15464661
dude had an ego out the ass, calling himself the savior of Japanese gaming.
>>
File: ClfzqQcWgAA_dEB.jpg (46KB, 415x367px) Image search: [Google]
ClfzqQcWgAA_dEB.jpg
46KB, 415x367px
>>15465242
As fun as the Sonic Twitter is, the reaction to said tweet was a much better burn.
>>
>>15466966
Sonic Twitter is the leathery old whore who sits on her trailer steps heckling the young whores
>>
File: Cc2MSzRWwAAXsuz.jpg (125KB, 844x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cc2MSzRWwAAXsuz.jpg
125KB, 844x1000px
Superior Capcom robot
>>
>>15464661
I'll continue not liking this faggot, he is the reason DMC got borked and now we have no new game, he is teh reason Lost Planet died too after that abortion of a third game
>>
>>15465252

Inafune finalized nothing. There was no creative element to it. He added nothing. He drew what he was told to draw. Inafune is the only one where "finalizing the design" credit is given to the guy who does the box art. Did the guy who ddi the box art to Donkey Konr or Mario Bros get credit for "finalizing" the Mario design? It seems like people just want to salvage Inafune's rep and can't admit he had nothing to do with the creation of Mega Man and little role in MM1.

>From 1-3, all of them,

Without sources, I ain't trusting shit anymore. For too long MM fans have bounced around what is "obvious" or what "everyone knows" without proofs. Myths and misinformation are created that way.
>>
>>15464661
>My friends consisted of Mega Man, Roll, X and Zero.
i don't know if i should pity you or laugh
>>
>>15464661
>I hate those that shit on Inafune mindlessly

It pisses me off because the Inafune hate was just a diversionary tactic by the SJWs once everyone started focusing on Dina. Can't believe so many cucks got played like that...
>>
>>15466966
>Sonic Mania
>that new game that's actually going to be more of Generations like everyone wanted

Sonic is looking pretty good so far which just means he's going to crash and burn.
>>
>>15468224
They're both shit
>>
>>15467798
>Inafune is the only one where "finalizing the design" credit is given to the guy who does the box art.
Eh, you'd be surprised how many people think Kinu Nishimura, Bengus, Ikeno, Edyan and such designed Capcom's fighting game characters, when all they did was promotional art.
>>
>>15465252
Wait, so no robotmaster after 3 was made by capcom?

>nakayama's redesign is already more iconic
Anon, I dont like inafune either but dont fool yourself.
>>
>>15468244
I sincerely doubt it'll be good desu
>>
>>15464981
that and MM9 and 10 were fine games he had zero to do with so
>>
>>15468224
that post is so full of buzzwords i cant actually tell if its real or generated by a computer
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.