[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last week I made a thread after finishing IBO season 1. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

Last week I made a thread after finishing IBO season 1. I've just finished season 2 and just wanted to have a small discussion on some thoughts. Apologies on being late to the party.
In case anyone hasn't seen it, skip this thread because there will be spoilers.

In short,

The Good
>Really cool MS designs - some dislike the waists but I think that was to show off the internal frame gimmick and also helps with dynamic poses in animation. Plus, hey, it's something new.
>Subversive of Gundam tropes - beam weapons don't work on Gundams; Garma comes back and kills Char; the main antagonist wins without even stepping into an MS
>Strong characters; hopeful and inspiring but also emotional and suffering with real issues
>Good political intrigue and setting - a lot of stuff relevant to modern day such as false flag attacks, media control and child soldiers. Despite being an AU it's very self-contained, leaves no loose threads and manages to surprise.

The Bad
>Some really shitty arcs like the one where Beard McGee takes the Earth branch for a ride
>Bad character design - the S2 new recruits are boring, awful and don't fit in with the strong characters from the first season, and worse, they take the reins for the first half of S2
>Divisive conclusion - although Tekkadan achieved the changes in the world they wanted, they had to die for it. McGillis wasn't completely reprehensible but died like a bitch. Bael really needed to have some sort of trump card to be as relevant as he was pretending. I feel like they should have cut and run at the end of season 1, where they actually had a good quality of life without the need for fighting.
>A lot of build-up to ...really nothing. I guess this was the overall message but it was a little disappointing that it all went to shit so badly. Maybe they could rectify this via sidestories, but ultimately a missed opportunity.
>>
Rustal did nothing wrong
>>
>>15458588
>Strong characters
Oh wait maybe you're just talking about how beefy so many of the characters are
>>
File: Ryuseigo-doublerifle.jpg (172KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ryuseigo-doublerifle.jpg
172KB, 1280x720px
>>15458588 cont.
My favourite moments were:

>S1
Mikazuki rushing Carta's MS, shitting on her "duel" proposition.
McGillis betraying Gaelio. Still not sure why he needed to kill him considering he was already about to inherit Iznario's position and had already married into the Bauduin family.

>S2
The entire Mobile Armour arc; really put a twist on the classic Gundam narrative and felt urgent.
The final battle - felt hopeless and mixed, but some satisfying moments such as Iok's death. Frustrating, though, when McGillis could so easily have just stabbed Gaelio's cockpit after his aide had him pinned down; or how Mikazuki should have finished Julieta after he disabled her suit - especially embittering considering what happened in the end.

I can tell I would have loved this series as a teenager - the bestial nature of the Gundams and their more "Jojo-esque" proportions; the more medieval style of battle with pure melee weapons and nary a sword in sight; I really feel the lack of beam weapons shows off a better quality of animation (and bigger budget).

VERY good theming, what with the Ars Goetia/Valkyries/Angels naming system. Subtle, but potent, given that the main character trades parts of his life away in order to make a "deal" with Barbatos.

It's a little juvenile, a little hopeless, but a little but poignant as well. I don't see where the people who are saying it's the worst Gundam series are coming from. It's not perfect but it does its job compared to some other Gundam entries that outright fall flat on their face. It's not a good ending, but it's not Gundam's job to give you a warm comfy feeling inside - and besides, there are plenty of other Gundam shows you can watch if you want that.
>>
>>15458588
What was the point of this fucking show ?
Orga was fucking stupid, rushing into the death of his comrades so much they had to introduce more of them in S2 so they could die just after. Mika had no personality, literally a waste of a main character. McGillis was right all along yet he died, and he died for fucking nothing. Rustal lived and Tekkadan (at least, the remaining) just didn't care about him anymore.
The last quarter of this was really stupid with multiple unnecessary deaths.

TLDR it was shit.
>>
>>15458792
The only good thing to come from the show was Lupus Rex and Bael.
>>
>>15458792
>What was the point of this fucking show ?
To tell a story.
>Orga was fucking stupid, rushing into the death of his comrades so much they had to introduce more of them in S2 so they could die just after.
Orga was silly, but their gambits always paid off until it went sour. Considering most of the new S2 characters died in the very first arc (about 5 episodes) of S2, I doubt they put them in because enough previous characters died. In fact, only Danji and Biscuit died in terms of named characters.
But I think the point was that yeah Orga pushed them too far in the end. McGillis' purdy words bamboozled Orga and so they lost the lives they had built from the ground up. I think that is the point of the message they were trying to convey.
>McGillis was right all along yet he died, and he died for fucking nothing.
I agree, but it's because he didn't plan enough. He was banking on his possession of Bael making everyone submit to him even though Bael has no special thing about it to force anyone who refused to submit. If Bael had had something like a beam weapon, funnels, or some sort of MA-controlling device, he could have done it, but Bael is essentially just an artefact.
>Rustal lived and Tekkadan (at least, the remaining) just didn't care about him anymore.
Largely because Tekkadan achieved what they had wanted originally - a free Mars. Not to mention, although McGillis lost, he achieved what he wanted as well - his uprising gave Gjallarhorn no alternative than to reform its government. Rustal "won" but at a lessened cost - kind of like the choice between throwing yourself onto a grenade or losing only one arm, Rustal chose to survive and become a prominent, if temporary, figure in a new system - but less powerful than he was before.
>The last quarter of this was really stupid with multiple unnecessary deaths.
Have you ever seen a Gundam show before?

>TLDR it was shit.
Well, thank you for your input Anon. For reference, what is your favourite Gundam show?
>>
>>15458820
>Have you ever seen a Gundam show before?
Yes but not all of them. I actually only started recently to try and watch all entries. I just started ZZ.
My favorite Gundam show is Code Geass.
I don't have a favorite show yet.
>>
>>15458820
>but less powerful
Only because some exec forced a "good" ending on the show, but realistically speaking if a dictator like him got rid of all his opponents he wouldn't feel forced to enact reform AT ALL, it doesn't make sense

>oh yes I just killed all the people that wanted to usurp me but I'd better do what they wanted to do because the PEOPLE would get mad at me despite me having all the repression power to put them down

It doesn't make sense, if the show had realistic politics Rustal would be acting like Erdogan after the failed coup, IE eliminate all the other opposition and strenghten his position, not turing Mars into a fucking democracy.
>>
IBO's mech battles were boring as fuck from the beginning, so I dropped it. Even Zeta had better fights although it was beamspam most of the time. It's such a boring show, Mika has no personality beyond killbot edgelord from what I've seen. Also they killed the hip goddess Fumitan, unforgivable.
>>
>>15458842
> realistically speaking if a dictator like him got rid of all his opponents he wouldn't feel forced to enact reform AT ALL, it doesn't make sense
But not all of his "opponents" died. He suppressed an uprising and re-gained public support for Gjallarhorn. There were still three Seven Stars heads remaining, and after the coup they would have been in the midst of a political debacle over how one Seven Stars member was able to do so much damage. This debacle was only able to be resolved by said Seven Stars heads willingly renouncing their positions in favour of more temporary ones in the form of a democracy, as the ending shows. What did Rustal even really want? He wasn't "attached to power" as much as he just wanted the cushiest job he could get. He didn't want to "take over the world" at any point; he probably just realized if he didn't put down McGillis, he'd be put down first.

Agan, Rustal didn't kill all of his enemies. Coup de tats almost never ends in a one-sided domination because you can't kill ALL the sympathizers - those in political positions, depending on the state of the nation, are forced instead to address the conditions that allowed the coup to happen in the first place, and if necessary, make changes to circumvent another.
>>
IBO was a show that I want to like a lot, but it has a lot of flaws that become more glaring the more you focus on them. The Mobile Armor arc alone was interesting enough to have made the whole damn show about it instead. If nothing else, I really want to see a prequel taking place during the Calamity War with demon-knight gundams hunting down dragon-terminator mobile armors instead of the blast of hot air that IBO's actual story turned out to be.
>>
>>15458867
Man, I really agree with your whole post. The strongest part of the IBO continuity by FAR is its mecha design and mythology; I'd LOVE to see a Calamity War iteration.

On that note, we all know Australia was shown with a colony drop crater; where does that put this show in relation to UC? Was it just an easter egg or was it intended to allow it to fit at some point, perhaps as an alternative timeline?
>>
I knew the show would be shit the moment Graze Ein turned out to be completely ineffectual.
If Ein had actually managed to take out even one of the characters he totaled when he showed up, it would have been a legitimately pyrrhic victory for Tekkadan. Instead, everyone turns out a-okay and only a bunch of nameless nobodies die. Total cop-out.

Shino getting BTFO and failing utterly at the very end almost made up for it, but by then the story was pretty much over anyways.
>>
>>15458881
>Shino getting BTFO and failing utterly at the very end almost made up for it, but by then the story was pretty much over anyways.
I don't know, man. If he had made that shot, everything would have turned out wildly different.
>>
>>15458883
He didn't land that shot because plot armor. If he did the show would be over 5 episodes sooner so he had to miss.
>>
>>15458881
The fact that the shot was not made in the first place was bullshit. It was where IBO truly became irredeemable, because it ran with plot armor in the exact opposite direction and embraced the shittery that makes so many Gundam entries hard to sit through.
>>
>>15458881
>If Ein had actually managed to take out even one of the characters he totaled when he showed up, it would have been a legitimately pyrrhic victory for Tekkadan. Instead, everyone turns out a-okay and only a bunch of nameless nobodies die. Total cop-out.

If you do the math, no member of Tekkadan died at Edmonton.

> 54 names on the memorial at the start of s2.
> 42 3rd Group kids killed during the attack on CGS, Danji included. Danji's name is on the memorial, and it would be out of character for Orga not to honor the other kids who died under his command.
> Biscuit
> Shino mourning over around a dozen bodybags after taking the Brewers Ship.
> No names on the other side of the memorial.
>>
File: Empire Knights.png (2MB, 900x643px) Image search: [Google]
Empire Knights.png
2MB, 900x643px
>>15458588
>dat duo

Beware the Wrath of Broken Men!
>>
>>15458685
>not sure why he needed to kill him
Gaelio was the Bauduin heir, and if he died then Almiria (or her husband) would become the new heir. Basically he wanted to be the heir of two houses, which would give him a higher standing than any of the other jedi council members who only controlled one house each. Having his "father" exiled made him head of Fareed and marrying Almiria after killing Gaelio would also make him head of Bauduin (in the event of Almiria's father's death). This was actually a much better plan than "Whoever pulls this mobile suit out of the hangar shall be crowned king of all england".
>>
>>15458685
S1 McGillis killed Gaelio because he didn't want to share power

S2 he said he was driven by anger and being around his friends made him less motivated.

Fights in IBO were kind of dumb.

knocking ride out of the way of a giant high speed projectile.

Ton of characters got saved at the last second.

Julietta managing to screw up Shino's shot.

Arianhrod fleet shooting rubber bullets from their battleships.

Gaelio's gundams all had gimmicks that could have saved his ass, but he never used them.

Gaelio not firing the lance when McGillis was blocking. McGillis's sword being broken by the katana

Isurugi switching from they're so fast I can't keep up to keeping up.

Ein managing to survive.

Iok.
>>
>>15459218
>McGillis's sword being broken by the katana
the katana was glorious nippon steel folded over 1000 times
>>
>>15459218
Don't bother; people who cling to IBO will never change their opinions.
>>
>>15458588
Meta-Bad
a lot of the MS feet are deformed and retarded in the kits, which technically should transfer over to the show, but since we're fighting with giant robots anyways, fuck physics I guess. Makes for kits that don't stand/pose well without an action base for more than a fair amount of the designs.

>Rodis clubfoot claws
>HIGH HEELS MAKE YOU MORE AGILE BARBATOS
>graze high heels (why? the ground type feet are perfectly serviceable and stable)
>shiden (LEMME WALK ON MY TOES AND HEEL IN AN ARCH, THIS IS GREAT, FUCK THE SOLE)
>hyakuri/hyakuren itty-bitty footsies
>Helmwige I don't care if it's supposed to be a charging bull, those feet don't fucking work for bipedal things that are supposed to fucking run
>>
File: 1492827597062.jpg (150KB, 1500x1304px) Image search: [Google]
1492827597062.jpg
150KB, 1500x1304px
>>15458588
>Subversive of Gundam tropes - beam weapons don't work on Gundams; Garma comes back and kills Char; the main antagonist wins without even stepping into an MS
>overthinking about gimmicks this much

You are same kind who will waste time thinking about a Ferrari painted blue.
>>
>>15459364
And watch Dougram ffs, OP.
It did all of those things just after completion of 0070.
>>
>>15458588
Don't forget:
>Interesting setting that didn't get enough fleshing out
>Choco Macky didn't plan through completely with his plans + too much focus on MUH BAEL

Honestly? I kinda like IBO, but there is a lot of elements that make it average in the end.
>>
>>15458588
Personally I disagree about the Earth War arc. For me, it's the best arc in the show and really gets across how the children of Tekkadan are vulnerable to being exploited.
>>
>>15459274
Your post makes you sound like the only bigot here, friend.
>>
>>15459551
I was only saying the truth. If people like the series, that's not going to change. People made up their minds on what they thought of it, and since the setting is likely never going to be explored again, there's nothing that would really change that. Attempting to convince someone their opinion is not correct is a fool's errand; that's all I said.
>>
>>15458997
There you are spreading misinfo again, you fucking goddamned faggot.
> I always imagined that only about 100 members came down to Earth in the second half of season 1, and a lot of them died there.
From an interview with Ogawa. Biscuit was the only one killed in Carta's incursion. Most of the deaths Tekkadan had on Earth happened in Edmonton. You even fucking see mobile workers exploding before your eyes while the kids piloting them scream in agony.
>>
>>15458886
>If he did the show would be over 5 episodes sooner
Good. It should have.
>>
File: 1490993428184.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1490993428184.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>>15458859
>Fumitan
>>
Better than G-Reco and Try
Most interesting take on a gundam series to date
Mecha designs
antagonist aren't retarded
protag undone by fatal character flaw

Not generic enough for the manchildren that infest /m/ and 2ch who want dbz battles with giant robots with laser beams
>>
>>15460294
>Better than G-Reco
No.
>and Try
Debatable
>Most interesting take on a gundam series to date
Not even in the top 5
>antagonist aren't retarded
The antagonists switched to having plot armor in season 2, just like Tekkadan had it in season 1.
>>
>>15458881
Didn't Nagai push for reviving Lafter and Azee at the end of S1? What happened to him between seasons?
>>
>>15460316

You know, it's a point of fierce contention, but I'd take antagonists with a touch of plot armor over Tekkadan massacring their way through anyone unfortunate enough to stand in their path with no losses whatsoever.

Which is what they did 95% percent of the time until Gjallarhorn finally took off the kid gloves. If the ending was another case of Tekkadan casually slaughtering everyone the reception would have probably been even worse.
>>
>>15460323
Nagai's a complete edgelord that wanted to revive the cast to unceremoniously kill them all off in the second season, that's what happened. No joke, look it up. Season 2 was essentially his nearly unrestrained misanthropic masturbation session combined with Okada's lust for Gaelio's VA bringing him back from the dead.

>>15460325
We wanted neither of those. We would have been fine with Tekkadan and Arianrhod Gjallarhorn grinding each other to dust, Tekkadan barely eking out a win. The issue we had was that a great battle where destruction was everywhere got subbed out for a lackluster stroll to the dustbin, where they tossed away everything that could have made a good story for the sake of being the professional equivalent of an emo kid in 7th grade making angsty fanfiction after their parents said hanging out at Hot Topic wasn't going to happen while their grades were in the toilet. People got shortchanged, and that will forever be why the reputation of IBO is now almost relegated to worst Gundam.
>>
>>15460375
>why the reputation of IBO is now almost relegated to worst Gundam.
Sorry but nothing will ever top AGE, Try and Seed Destiny, and I dropped IBO at episode 17.
>>
>>15460401
I said almost for a reason.
>>
>>15458588
>>Some really shitty arcs like the one where Beard McGee takes the Earth branch for a ride
What?

That's the most interesting thing in S2 along with Gaelio getting revenge on McGillis. It had actual substance and was a good set up for a decent political thrill but it went no where because Tekkadan, the most boring protagonists short of Kira and co., had to take precedence over Rustal's plot to devise a war to undermine McGillis's authority and perceived competence.

If the show were just about Gaelio, Rustal, and McGillis it would've been much more interesting.
>>
File: Toogoodforthisseries.png (153KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Toogoodforthisseries.png
153KB, 600x400px
>>15460422
>Not mentioning Hashmal
Why no love for the unfairly bullied cinnamon roll?
>>
>S1 Chococochar is a coldman and perfect keikaku
>S2 Turn into a shit chunni with no plans besides Muh Bael
I blame Okada and Nagai for this shit
>>
>>15458796
Woah now. Don't leave out regular Lupus and Vidar.
>>
>to the anon saying Orga was a fuck twat without a plan that only rushed forward
That's not completely true, the show explains why he wants to "rush" so badly and many characters make him notice that his decisions were often reckless, then if he was the perfect tactician you all would've screamed mary sue, perfect and flawless characters that are predictable are boring and bad written characters.
>Mika has no personality
Again, watch the show, I may agree with you that he doesn't really shine in S1, but in S2 he gets more insight and they describe his personality and goal more in detail, for example the fact that he was the one supporting Orga and giving him courage all along.
>Muh killings and muh nameless cannon fodder
Are you seriously expecting a show with an entire army where every single member is utterly described? That's impossible, but IBO did a great job trying to give a past and some layers to the most know faces of the crew, let's play a game, if you think about it you can name at least one characteristic for every know face of the show, wanna bet? About the killing
>It's ok when Tomino kills an entire universe, or kills random characters in Victory because he got depression in real life, but IBO characters dying because of bad odds, and overwhelming force is because the author is edgy, SEED is better with its 5 vs 4000 scenarios and my power fantasies in REAL ROBOTS scenarios.
>McGillis going with muh Bael
He was sure about getting support from the other sections of Gjallarhorn because of "divine authority" a concept that was more than explained in IBO, but the other members chicken out because Rustal was THAT influential, at least he made them not interfere, but it wasn't ideal for sure to begin with, then the fight didn't turn in his favor and Tekkadan left him, so he didn't have much choice than launch a desperate attack or surrender.
>>
>>15460822
>Rustal having a change of heart
Rustal may have won, but something indeed change in the heart of the people, there were many revolts, and the rebels of Gjallarhorn were all fetching into the "divine authority" of Bael, so a change was NEEDED to don't lose face as an organization, he got elected by the others that's sure, but we don't know if he's somewhat forced by the many other changes that accurred, Mars indipendence was something set in motion for a long time and Kudelia was its final spark, and it's impossible to contain, no matter how much mediation power you got if it's something in the heart of the people. Rustal may be still in power right now, but he may be less powerful than ever, with Kudelia being at his side and having to respect all sort of republic kind of regulation, without being able to be a tyrannical supervisor anymore with a omnipotent iron fist.
>>
>>15458860
>they would have been in the midst of a political debacle over how one Seven Stars member was able to do so much damage.
The show never shows this. In fact the only connection the show states to the McGillis incident and the Seven Stars being disbanded is that after Iok died for no reason at the last minute, there weren't enough for the system to continue. You're making an assumption, here. And with what's shown of Rustal being able to manipulate the media and show how things were quickly resolved to reassert Gjallajorn's authority, there's no reason for there to be any political debacle.
>>
>>15460851
Reforms happen when you need to stabilize a chaotic situation quick, not after you've just defeated your enemies on live TV and have the entire media narrative behind you. If they showed people not buying the media narrative and there being massive protests back in the Earth Sphere that Rustal couldn't control with all his forces stuck in Mars, then it would've have been done well, but they don't show anything like that. They instead give us an exposition dump about Rustal democratizing Gjallajorn because after Iok died they were somehow low on families. Which is pretty dumb excuse, when that just means McGillis could've probably hired assassins or poisoned Team Meat at one of their meat meetups, and rose to the top anyways if all that mattered were how many Seven Stars were still around
>>
>>15458588
>Really cool MS designs - some dislike the waists but I think that was to show off the internal frame gimmick and also helps with dynamic poses in animation. Plus, hey, it's something new.
What's the gimmick with the internal Frame? Why did we have to see the inside again. Also, just because it's new doesn't mean that it's good
>Strong characters; hopeful and inspiring but also emotional and suffering with real issues
I dunno, I found that whenever they went into character drama it all felt pretty repetitive and overly drawn out after the first few times.
>Good political intrigue and setting - a lot of stuff relevant to modern day such as false flag attacks, media control and child soldiers. Despite being an AU it's very self-contained, leaves no loose threads and manages to surprise.
>no loose threads
How's Almiria? Though, in all seriousness, I felt that most of the threads that they tied up at the end of S2 was done in a pretty rushed and forced manner. The last few episodes especially exemplify this, as the plot contorts itself to kill off the characters it needs to die and then its all capped off with that awful epilogue where they tie up most of the rest of stuff they forgot about for most of the season
>>
>>15460316
>If a character is not defeated, they have unfairly been given "plot armor"
Man...you spend way too much time on these boards. Maybe...I don't know, maybe that's just how the story goes? It's not like this was adapted from an ancient legend and the modern version allows someone who dies in the original to win. You're just spouting buzzwords, and worse; buzzwords you never even thought about before going on 4chan.
>>
>>15460422
>That's the most interesting thing in S2
I see where you're coming from but I really disagree. It was boring, confusing to the viewer because every character besides Beardman was confused themselves; there were 0 Gundams until Barbatos shows up like Goku at the very end and it just felt like wasted time on shittily designed little boy characters who were totally unbelievable in their job roles. The arc was fine, but the fact that it was the first one after the fantastic climax of season one made it jarring.

>If the show were just about Gaelio, Rustal, and McGillis it would've been much more interesting.
I'm with you, but on the other hand, their conflict needs the conflict of the poverty-stricken children to contrast and give more weight to the aristocrats in over their heads.
>>
>>15460375

>barely eking out a win

That wasn't going to happen the moment an organization of a few hundred people, tops, decided to tousle with the power that essentially ruled the Earth Sphere.
>>
>>15458588
How does this make them good characters? You said nothing about the quality you just go wow they are emotional 10/10

I swear ibo fans just see something they like, stop paying attention and then make up why it is good.
>>
The Bad
>if I get muh Bael I don't need a plan.
>we Tekkadan are supporting you becuz it's such a smart move.
>everybody die.
>main antagonist improves Mars situation.
>no point at all.
>>
>>15460822
Was Orga ever outmaneuvered in a fight?
>>
File: 1351951250770.gif (625KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1351951250770.gif
625KB, 500x500px
>>15458588
>dynamic poses in animation
>>
>>15461443
I'm not an "IBO fan", I simply finished watching it and decided it's not as bad as I heard it was.

>How does this make them good characters?
Well, I was summing up so my points would all fit into one post, so it's not the only thing I could say about them. By "strong" I mean they make a powerful impression on the viewer - I knew everybody's name, role, personality and little tics by the end of the first two arcs, where by contrast I still can't even name anyone other than Bellri, Aida, Mask and Klim Nick from G-Reco. I'm normally pretty bad with names and remembering the differences between characters that look the same so I was remarking on the fact that IBO managed to differentiate a bunch of poor children better than most Gundam media. "Hopeful and inspiring" refers to the fact that you watch them make a decision, stick to it, and succeed; but you don't see them magically win, you see them actually go do it and lose things along the way. The series has good exposition by showing us how Mikazuki and co react instead of monologues and Kudelia going "Heero doesn't know how to express himself! I must be there for him! Also everyone stop fighting please!"

>You said nothing about the quality you just go wow they are emotional 10/10
The quality was good.
There you go I said something about the quality, happy now?
Following your example, your post is shit; you said nothing about the show you just go wow you are objectively wrong 0/10

I swear some /m/-goers just don't want anything new so they can bitch about what could have been and masturbate to Getter Emperor.
>>
>>15462624
I didn't know who ride, Yamagi, Takaki or Aston were until S2.

I'm normally pretty good with names.
>>
>>15460634
>>15461492
>Hurrr I was raped as a child must acquire UNLIMITED POWAHHHH!!!!!
>Spend whole life trying to accomplish this
>Plan is clearly shit and fails miserably
>How could this possibly have happened?
>Die
>Big baddie turns out to be an ok guy after all
>Wow its fucking nothing
>>
>>15459274
Just like you Anti-IBO faggots.
Can someone edit the SJW pic and post it?
>>
>>15460316
>No.
Yes.
>Debatable
No.
>Not even in the top 5
Yes, but go on about how 00 is.
>>
>>15463644
>World is run by seven extremely powerful, unchallengeable families
>At least one of them is a sexual criminal of the highest order
>He keeps his favourite rape victim by his side pretending it's his son so he can rape him errday
>Every single one of the other family heads could do this without impunity, hell they could probably even get off even if they admitted what they were doing because they're so powerful
>One of the victims formulates a plan from a young age to overturn this massive imbalance of power
>His plan appeals to the morality and integrity of society rather than having some way of forcing submission
>He loses to a false-flag by one of the remaining heads, proving not only his point but also Tekkadan's
>The few remaining family heads are forced to reorder society so that they don't have such an obvious power advantage
>They all take lessened positions in a very slightly more balanced power structure
I mean it's not romantic, it's not pleasant, but it's a story.
>>
>>15465468
>proving not only his point but also Tekkadan's
Maybe to the audience, but when it's established that Rustal had control of the media narrative and they don't show anyone dissenting with that narrative, it's just speculation to assume that people in IBO's universe even got thay point
>The few remaining family heads are forced to reorder society so that they don't have such an obvious power advantage
The started reason from the epilogue exposition was that it happened because without Iok, there weren't enough families for three seven stars to function. A dumber explanation than what you wrote, but that's the show's official reason behind the Gjallajorn reforms and doesn't say anything otherwise.
>>
>>15465902
>Maybe to the audience
Even then Tekkadan and McGillis were using AV system.

Tekkadan also had one ready.
>>
>>15458685
>I really feel the lack of beam weapons shows off a better quality of animation (and bigger budget)
>quality of animation

Nothing about IBO's often QUALITY-level animation struck me as "high budget," especially when compared to previous entries. Build Fighters, another Studio 3 project, looked better and far more consistent, and I highly doubt Gundam's most blatant toy commercial was given a particularly high budget.

This isn't to say that IBO's animation was always terrible, but the ugly-looking parts certainly outnumber the good-looking ones.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.