[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Federation sees Newtypes as incredibly useful weapons and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Gundam mk ii.jpg (42KB, 293x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam mk ii.jpg
42KB, 293x500px
>Federation sees Newtypes as incredibly useful weapons and goes to hell and back trying to weaponize them, make more, and turn them into one-man armies
>When creating the successor to the Gundam - the mobile suit that not only won the OYW in a big sense, but was piloted by the whole reason they've got their big dick boner for Newtypes in the first place - they choose to make it a deliberate downgrade

I'm sensing a disconnect here. Wouldn't you want your Gundam, a suit that by name alone should be for aces among aces, to be as capable as possible, costs be damned?
>>
>>15456624
Because it was a prototype meant to test out new technologies like the E-packs and movable frame for eventual use on mass production models, not to be the next end all be all suit for aces? Because it was made by the titans and the EF developed a fear of newtypes after the war? Because the titans didn't give a flying fuck about natural newtypes and were working on artificial newtypes and developing newtype specific MS for them at other bases?

Gundams aren't necessarily "For aces among aces" either. Usually they're prototypes for testing out new stuff.
>>
>>15456624
>costs be damned?

no, because it's not so much the machine, but the pilot in the machine. The Gundam became outdated before the war was over. Amuro was just that damn good to get so far with it.

The gundam could cost as much as it wants but if the pilot isn't good enough then it just becomes a money sink due to repair costs and god forbid the thing gets destroyed .
>>
>>15456677
>The Gundam became outdated before the war was over

pretty much , Zeon had suits that rivaled the Gundam
>>
>>15456652
yeah it's kinda interesting that the MK II is more like a real world prototype than most Gundams that are labeled prototypes tend to function like
>>
>>15456677
>and god forbid the thing gets destroyed .
This. I'm amazed the Feds ever made another Gundam after losing the RX-78-2, 4, and 6, the FA Gundam, the three Blue Destiny units, the Alex, and the GP01, GP02, GP03 *and* GP04. And I just know there's more shit I'm forgetting, since I only just recalled that the Pixie was a thing too.
>>
>>15456725
The EFF ended up never actually buying the GP04, which is part of why it was unfinished and AE sold it to zeon.
>>
>>15456734
Fair enough, my bad, I misremembered and thought they still funded its development.
>>
File: RX-178.jpg (451KB, 1103x1585px) Image search: [Google]
RX-178.jpg
451KB, 1103x1585px
fuck the haters, MK-II is my bae
>>
>>15456624
>Linear cockpit
>Movable Frame
How was it a downgrade? Beam weapons and melee combat mean that traditional armor profiles are just extra mass. How would a lighter, faster Gundam with an improved user interface ever be a downgrade?

>>15456681
Not just rivaled, but surpassed. The Gelgoog was a beam-using, space-capable mobile suit that was more maneuverable than the Gundam. The Gyan and later variants of the Rick Dom were probably more capable in close combat to boot.
>>
>>15456725
The GP series was off the record though, and the Alex probably was too.
>>
Unicorn and Banshee were made with NT-D to put an end to Zeon dominance in space with newtypes. So newtypes would no longer be a factor and the Feds could go back to fielding chepa GI GM(a real earth federation hero). Turns out the NT-D needs a newtype pilot or you cook the pilot's brain.
>>
>>15456624
Cost of mass production is heavy.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.