[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I crazy for thinking IBO's designs are way better than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 15

File: lupus face.jpg (357KB, 1911x1596px) Image search: [Google]
lupus face.jpg
357KB, 1911x1596px
Am I crazy for thinking IBO's designs are way better than anything Nagano has ever churned out? I hate it when people call them knockoffs when they're so much better than his FSS designs.
>>
You shut your whore mouth
>>
I don't even like Nagano and I think you're wrong. They're like apple and pineapples.
>>
>>15456187
It's simply a matter of taste.
Nagano evolved into a very unconventional mecha design philosophy.
The Barbatos was designed by Washio, interestingly enough the Barbatos is more conservative when compared to FSS stuff which I found weird because Washio has often created some outlandish designs himself.
(see:fafner and gundam 00)

Nagano's designs are something you have to kinda force yourself to get accustomed too if you don't like them right off the bat, they're just that weird.
>>
>>15456187
I don't even like Nagano. I think he's got some neat ideas, but he's also got a lot of terrible ones and the only way to get a good design out of him is to have someone else rework it into something usable.

Even I think you're crazy. There's stuff about Nagano's work that I dislike, but he has a lot of interesting ideas mixed in with all of his terrible ones. IBO's designs don't have any of his creativity.
>>
>>15456187
It doesn't matter if you think they're better designs, at their core they are very much Nagano knockoffs. They take all the traits that define Mortar Headds and Heavy Metals wholesale- the exposed inner frame with pistons and power cables, the spikier armor, the general proportions (even Gothicmade gorilla arms later on with Lupus Rex), the thin waists, the high heels, and of course the knight motif. Those that don't do so are literal rehashes from G-Reco like Gusion, and the Graze is just another Ebikawa grunt. The only really standout design from all of IBO is the Vidar, because even if it still uses some Nagano elements, the design is very much its own thing, with its Mad Max look.
>>
>>15456217
> only really standout design

B-but muh Bael
>>
File: muh bael.jpg (69KB, 831x874px) Image search: [Google]
muh bael.jpg
69KB, 831x874px
>>15456221
What about it?
>>
>>15456224
Sissy Gundam
>>
File: schell.jpg (117KB, 875x786px) Image search: [Google]
schell.jpg
117KB, 875x786px
>>15456210
>I think he's got some neat ideas, but he's also got a lot of terrible ones and the only way to get a good design out of him is to have someone else rework it into something usable.

Explain further.
>>
File: barbatos.jpg (143KB, 279x569px) Image search: [Google]
barbatos.jpg
143KB, 279x569px
>>15456187
They're not comparable designs. The IBO designs are a lot more conventional than people think, and the only point of similarity is the tiny waist. But that one proportion has such a large impact on untrained viewer perception that it skews opinions in the wrong way.
>>
File: rick dias.jpg (306KB, 1024x771px) Image search: [Google]
rick dias.jpg
306KB, 1024x771px
>>15456253
>the only point of similarity is the tiny waist.

Wrong, and tiny waist isn't even the defining Nagano characteristic.
>>
>>15456248
Is that some sort of Brain Powerd fanart?
>>
File: norma-schell1.jpg (105KB, 477x741px) Image search: [Google]
norma-schell1.jpg
105KB, 477x741px
>>15456259
Bait harder.
>>
>>15456255
You're posting a design that's derived directly from the Dom and has much of the same, albeit stylized, silhouette which has the biggest and most immediate impact on design. You don't understand anything about design so stop posting.
>>
File: Grancher.jpg (38KB, 465x750px) Image search: [Google]
Grancher.jpg
38KB, 465x750px
>>15456260
It's literally a knockoff Antibody
>>
>>15456266
>You're posting a design that's derived directly from the Dom and has much of the same, albeit stylized, silhouette

By that retarded logic the Gogg is derived from Boss Borot. Rick Dias is 100% Nagano.

>You don't understand anything about design so stop posting.

Hilariously ironic statement coming from a moron like you. You can't even describe Nagano's designs properly before shitting on them.
>>
File: Msn-00100.jpg (860KB, 1357x2590px) Image search: [Google]
Msn-00100.jpg
860KB, 1357x2590px
>>15456248
I feel like Nagano's biggest problem is his lack of restraint. There's other stuff that I don't like about his style, but seeing some his original concept art compared the (superior, in my mind) final products what has changed always seems to be taking specific parts out of his original designs and stripping away the rest of the excess junk. Look at how noisy and cluttered that concept art is compared to the final Hyaku Shiki, especially the arms. A lot of the major design elements were retained in the final version, but tons of stuff that's just detail for the sake of detail was thrown out to make it a lot less cluttered. The original is so noisy that a lot of it is just drowned out in details, but the final one gives the viewer fewer points of focus that are individually more distinct because of it.

I also don't like his proportions, but those are easier to deal with. I think it's the overdesigning that really kills his work for me.
>>
File: baronz.jpg (104KB, 1024x884px) Image search: [Google]
baronz.jpg
104KB, 1024x884px
>>15456271
>posts completely different design with vaguely similar sihoulette
>KNOCKOFF

You're more retarded than OP. By your logic every Katoki design is a knockoff of himself.
>>
File: 076.jpg (332KB, 1280x1802px) Image search: [Google]
076.jpg
332KB, 1280x1802px
>>15456274
>overdesigning

I hate that word, but I understand what you mean.

Regardless, Hyaku Shiki's anime design is simpler only because it was made for ease of animation. All draft animation designs are much more complex than the final animation-ready product regardless of who drew them, with few exceptions.

Nagano has the luxury of most of his designs not having to be animated, so in places like FSS he can go nuts.
>>
File: engage sr3.jpg (34KB, 434x579px) Image search: [Google]
engage sr3.jpg
34KB, 434x579px
Of all Nagano's designs I like the Engage SR3 the most.
It's elegant and he didn't go full-retard with the detail.
>>
>>15456289
>Nagano has the luxury of most of his designs not having to be animated

IBO's designs have just as much detail as any Motor Head (hence the wonky animation) and they still look like shit compared to them.
>>
File: Raphael_(Argos).png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Raphael_(Argos).png
3MB, 1920x1080px
The Barbatos and it's line are all just discount Fafners without the distorted torso.
>>
>>15456494
Well, they also have the luxury of not needing to be animated.
>>
>>15456500
Did you misread? IBO designs are """"animated""".
>>
File: a0NzVld.jpg (470KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
a0NzVld.jpg
470KB, 1280x720px
>>15456519
I guess I just glossed over the parentheses.
>>
>>15456273
>By that retarded logic the Gogg is derived from Boss Borot.

Are you implying it isn't?
>>
>>15456194
>They're like apple and pineapples

Where are the pens?
>>
>>15456552
It's not? Are you retarded?
>>
>>15456499
Washio is known for small waists and large arms.

Same with his Thrones from 00.
>>
>>15456858
Are you?
>>
>>15456187
>Am I crazy for thinking IBO's designs are way better than anything Nagano has ever churned out?
Very much so.
>>
>>15457319
>>15456858
Are we?
>>
>>15456187
IBO's designs were awesome. They are uniquely detailed and proportioned, but still retain just enough of the classic Gundam design to be recognizable. The only one that really didn't look anything like a Gundam was when they first found Gusion and it had been rebuilt with Rodi parts.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the FSS designs.
>>
>>15456273
>By that retarded logic the Gogg is derived from Boss Borot.
Rick Dias is totally derived from the Dom, both in universe and in design.
Boss Borot is from Mazinger, Gogg is from MSG.
>>
>>15459141
The only similarity between Rick Dias and Dom is the monoeye and general silhouette, and even that's stretching it. Rick Dias is a much more angular design.
>>
>>15456187
Even when Nagano fucks around and gives mecha high heels, they at least look nice. In IBO, there are more broken and deformed feet than there were foot-bound women in China's history.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.