[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, are Amuro & Char even really THAT good as far as piloting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

So, are Amuro & Char even really THAT good as far as piloting skills go?

I feel like its really hard to tell because so much of their dominance can be attributed to situational advantages or just unfair fights. Like, Amuro is in a way more advanced mobile than his opponents through almost all of MSG. Char, Mr. Red Comet ace pilot or whatever all through MSG, is REALLY brought down to earth in Zeta once other people have had enough time to really develop skill with a mobile suit. There are like a dozen people in that show that can comfortably go toe-to-toe with him. It seems like he just had a huge head start over everyone in MSG that fades to nothing by the time of 0087. And in CCA, Amuro is fighting a bunch of Neo-Zeon poser newb scrubs even when he's in the Re-GZ, and Char is in the god damn Sazabi,
>>
>>15451061
Gelgoogs are Gundam tier save the armour and learning computer. Char also is disadvantaged>>15451061
by the second half of Zeta with a fairly mediocre ms and survives a 2 on 1 against the two best ms in the series. Amuro is better than Char, neither are the best, but both are up there.
>>
>>15451061
>Amuro is in a way more advanced mobile than his opponents through almost all of MSG.
Only for half of MSG.
>Char, Mr. Red Comet ace pilot or whatever all through MSG, is REALLY brought down to earth in Zeta once other people have had enough time to really develop skill with a mobile suit.
He was going toe to toe with Haman and Scirocco with the Hyaku Shiki while they used top tier mobile suits
> Amuro is fighting a bunch of Neo-Zeon poser newb scrubs even when he's in the Re-GZ, and Char is in the god damn Sazabi,
He outright ignores them and nonchalantly kills them and the only one who beat Char at point was Amuro
>>
>>15451061
>So, are Amuro & Char even really THAT good as far as piloting skills go?
Also who do think are better than them?
>>
>>15451076

Neither of those things would matter anyway, given that Gelgoogs pack beam weapons as standard which makes better armor a non-issue and a learning computer only matters to help you pilot easier/better, not make your mech materially better.
>>
>>15451061
>are Amuro & Char even really THAT good as far as piloting skills go?

YES!

Jeezus H Christ.
>>
>>15451061
>Amuro
He killed the Asshimar after coming back from his seven year hiatus. Kamille was having trouble with the guy so yeah Amuro's pretty good
>Char
His mobile suit was shit compared to the ones that the other aces had but he was still top tier in Zeta
>>
Char's great but not a one-man army and held back by his own grudges.

Amuro is so legendarily good that a hundred years pass and he's still THE pilot
>>
>>15451061
after a point in the war the Gundam becomes outdated. Amuro has to adapt since he doesn't get new machines like Char. The gundam's computer couldn't even keep up with him
>>
>>15451152
>He killed the Asshimar after coming back from his seven year hiatus.
No?
>His mobile suit was shit compared to the ones that the other aces had but he was still top tier in Zeta
Does that mean Lila was top tier as well?
>>
>>15451061
Amuro is. Char is overhyped.
>>
>>15451153
>Amuro is so legendarily good that a hundred years pass and he's still THE pilot

Amuro is the better pilot when it's all said and done. However, this is only due to him being a newtype. Before someone points out that char is one too, he is canonly one of the weakest one and doesn't get near as much help as amuro does from his intuition. Char is a better raw pilot than amuro.
>>
Kamille is actually the best pilot. Amuro is an old-type in comparison.
>>
>>15451061
Amuro is pretty good, Char is dogshit. They're not the best though, Char has been able to match Amuro a couple times when he wouldn't manage against other pilots

For example in the beginning of Zeta he has more than a decade of experience yet he gets his ass fucked by Jerid's first girlfriend.

Then Kamille outright murders her after piloting the MK-II like 3 times
>>
>>15451447
An Evolve short tried to justify Quattro sucking at the start of Zeta by saying he got rusty between the OYW and Zeta.

To drive the point home, the simulation he was in had him fight Char Aznable in his custom Zaku II, and Quattro LOST despite using a Hyaku Shiki.
>>
>>15451370
I thought it was Amuro was the best pilot, Kamille had the most control over his newtype abilities, and Jewdough had the most raw power as a newtype. And then Uso is just beast mode.
>>
>>15451305
Amuro was the one who killed Blutarch.
>>
>>15451370
Kamille is a decent pilot but he's carried by his newtype abilities
>>
>>15451488
>>15451499
Kamille barely uses his newtype abilities throughout the series, he only uses it a lot in the finale. Amuro fanboys are delusional.
>>
>way more advanced
The Gelgoog is nearly as good in every metric and is mass produced, also has way more ammo. Any limited production variant smashes the 78-2. Hard.
>>
>>15451331

This line of argument always confuses me a little bit. Yea, he's got better spatial awareness than Char at least partially because he's a stronger newtype but it's not like anyone looks at current pilots and says "well this guys spatial awareness is higher than this other guy, so this first guy isn't really a better raw pilot - he's just artificially helped".
>>
>>15451532
>magically discerning your foes' location and intentions
>somehow the same as just plain being a better pilot
ESP is not normal by definition.
>>
Allegedly Jewdough is the strongest Newtype, and even then, Amuro is considered better due to more pilot skill and tact.
>>
>>15451523
>Kamille barely uses his newtype abilities throughout the series
You should pay more attention.
>>
>>15451061
>Amuro is in a way more advanced mobile than his opponents
Did you only watch the first half?
>>
>>15451556
No you, fagtron.
>>
>>15451523
>Gains super powers due to the bio sensor
>Still gets fucked by Scirocco
Kamille is shit.
>>
>>15451536

It's not normal, but if a pilot has an extra strong sense of some kind he isn't dismissed as cheating. So why is it when someone has an extra sense they're not a real pilot and not a true, "raw" pilot.

>>15451576

Scirocco had a bio-sensor too.
>>
>>15451592
>Scirocco had a bio-sensor too.
Yeah but the O didn't absorb any newtype souls
>>
>>15451592
>It's not normal, but if a pilot has an extra strong sense of some kind he isn't dismissed as cheating. So why is it when someone has an extra sense they're not a real pilot and not a true, "raw" pilot.
Maybe in MSG but starting from Zeta newtypes became space wizards.
>>
>>15451600

All the bio-sensor did was make the Zeta physically a better unit (stronger/faster) by the looks of things while holding The O still. It didn't erect any kind of psychic or newtype defense. Even then Scirocco intended to kill Kamille by the way he talks (wanting to bring Kamille with him), but only manages to knock his brain out of whack. Which he's recovered from less than a year later.
>>
>>15451647
Kamille used it against Yazan. He increase the length of his beam saber and the Zeta gained a newtype powered shield
>>
>>15451592
>It's not normal, but if a pilot has an extra strong sense of some kind he isn't dismissed as cheating. So why is it when someone has an extra sense they're not a real pilot and not a true, "raw" pilot.

Using psychic powers doesn't factor in to determining who has the piloting ability. We're talking about who the best pilot is (aka controlling your fucking robot), not about who is the best ms. cleo
>>
>>15451671

I'm aware, but neither of those things happened in his showdown against The O. And both of them are still physical defenses. Or at least, defenses against physical things. There's still no suggestion they help mitigate newtype attacks at all.
>>
>>15451672

Except in the case of newtype pilots how good a psychic someone is clearly is an intrinsic part of their piloting skill. Hence why it's impossible to determine how good a pilot they are minus that psychic skill.
>>
>>15451682
Most newtypes are pretty bad pilots. Yazan destroyed those little shits
>>
>>15451682
No, you fucking retard. You just don't get it. We're discussing who is best at piloting. That means the skill of piloting. Their psychic ability has nothing to do with it because it's been taken out of the equation.
>>
>>15451689

Yazan himself had the right sensory capability to be a newtype for all we know, just not the emotional or mental capacity to handle it. So that's not saying much.
>>
>>15451699

Except you can't take it out of the equation, any more than you can remove the ability of sight from the equation for any other pilot and then evaluate everyone on how well they perform blind without ever actually testing it. I get exactly what you mean, I just think it's nonsense.
>>
>>15451713
>Except you can't take it out of the equation
Yes, you can. It's very easy to do so. You look at their physical piloting ability and ignore newtype moments.

Get fucked, you blithering moron. Literally everyone can wrap their heads around this concept but (You).
>>
Was the newtype thing Tomino always planned to be in the series?

I had heard all about Newtypes and Lalah Sune before watching 0079 but they both only appeared in the very last arc out of nowhere, not to mention Amuro going from a good pilot to a godly pilot in that last stretch of episodes as well.
>>
>>15451720

Except you can't, because their newtype abilities are still passively in the equation even if there isn't a big neon sign saying "I'm moving an asteroid with my mind right now".
>>
>>15451723
Newtypes were first mentioned when Matilda said Amuro could be a psychic. Amuro's first display of newtype ability was against his fight with the tri stars. The final hint before Lala was when Amuro had a medical checkup in Jaburo where he said they kept checking his brainwaves
>>
>>15451728
>Except you can't
Correction: (You) can't.
>>
>>15451447
Does she ever even land a hit on him ? All I recall is Char missing her a few times in a short shoot out and that being their only engagement. That's like saying that Fa is better than Yazan because she managed to dodge a few of his shots one time.
>>
>>15451752

I'm not a newtype, so yes, quite obviously I can't.
>>
>>15451736
Ah, okay. I assumed the 'Amuro is a psychic/ESPer' stuff was unrelated to newtypes but I guess newtype was just the formal name for that phenomenon.
>>
>>15451764
The newtype shit does get out of hand later on in the other series
>>
>>15451488
SD Gundam MK II kinda parodies that idea. Amuro is the best piloy so they made him the warrior. Kamille is best newtype so they made him a wizard. Jewdough is a thief so they just made him a thief.
>>
by cca Amuro could beat Char while piloting a Ball if he wanted to. wouldn't even need newtype magic to do it.
>>
>>15451061
I am amazed how your autism forbids you from understanding something so obvious in the anime.
>>
>>15451723
MSG is in some way a re-telling of Star Wars, I doubt newtypes popped up just for the end. They were planned but remember that we have lost 7 episodes including many "Charia Bull newtypes underlings" moments that probably would have extended stuff on newtypes.
>>
>>15452034
>amuro fans
>>
Amuro is a monster
Char is shit. Fighting the White Base crew didn't do him any favors in MSG. He always had to retreat or lose. But Zeta cemented that he was bad. He didn't do shit in there. Emma was more impressive. Char lives based on his reputation.
>>
>>15451677
>I'm aware, but neither of those things happened in his showdown against The O
No, he just froze Scirocco's machine in place, robbing him of his ability to defend himself.

Or is that somehow 'skill' too?
>>
>>15452483

Who said that was skill in the first place? All anyone was talking about was why Scirocco was still able to attack Kamille even with no dead people help. If you want to discuss skill there are plenty of regular fights to cite.
>>
>>15451061

reading this garbage triggered me.
how can anyone be so retarded even after watching the show?
>>
>>15451061
>So, are Amuro & Char even really THAT good as far as piloting skills go?

Char attributes and traits are more to a commander or a leader archetype and this is shown when in Zeta he commanded most of the AUEG MS forces, as for piloting skill he is good. He is damn good that he manage to hold off 2 top tier MS with a destroyed leg and an arm but most of his life he was overshadow by a more superior ms pilot of all time, which is Amuro. The reason why Char was looked down as a pilot because of Amuro. Pit him against any other pilot and Char could've dominated them.

Amuro is so damn good pilot, his combat data from OYW were used by the Jupiter Empire, and it was proven deadly when Amuro's Bio Brain BTFO 3 or 4 gundam with such ease it was not even funny. Furthermore because of his insane piloting skill almost all GM have this macro key that would follow Amuro's style of dodging and evading making them basically miniatures Amuro and that was after OYW alone, we're not touching his CCA piloting skills.

Unlike other gundam pilot in the series, they're prefer to show off their respective MS gimmicks and tried to "disabled" the ms and not outright killing them, Amuro on the other hand, will abuse every advantage he can get ie that Neo-Zeon pilot who just hit an actual real asteroid and within moment notice Amuro iced that guy or other Neo-Zeon pilot who happened to be there during Nu vs Sazabi fight at Axis, Amuro goes straight to guy, steal his gun and proceed to kill the guy with his own gun, That was pretty brutal if you ask me.

>but abusing an advantage is not a trait of a good pilot.
Julius Caesar also abused every advantage he can set his eyes on, he don't care about fancy battle or what not he wanted to get the job done and he done it.

To be fair, Char, Kamille, Jewdough to name a few are exceptional MS pilot, but to compare them with Amuro is unfair given that he is "THE" pilot most UC pilot wanted to be
>>
File: uso kills.jpg (357KB, 907x4444px) Image search: [Google]
uso kills.jpg
357KB, 907x4444px
>>15451488
To me it's Uso>Amuro in terms of being a pilot.
>>
File: uso vs fuala gengaozo.webm (3MB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
uso vs fuala gengaozo.webm
3MB, 704x480px
>>15453080
ignore the "missile bounces of the beams" animation error.
>>
File: Victory vs Gengaozo.gif (266KB, 177x133px) Image search: [Google]
Victory vs Gengaozo.gif
266KB, 177x133px
>>15453085
>>
File: fighting backwards.jpg (737KB, 704x2880px) Image search: [Google]
fighting backwards.jpg
737KB, 704x2880px
>>15453091
>>
File: gundam pilot kills.png (148KB, 1926x959px) Image search: [Google]
gundam pilot kills.png
148KB, 1926x959px
>>15453094
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.