[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ssg/ - Super Sentai General #575: Be Good to Doggo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 358
Thread images: 70

File: - sulking dog.webm (2MB, 726x720px) Image search: [Google]
- sulking dog.webm
2MB, 726x720px
Previous thread: >>15439393

>Links for beginners
Torrents:
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=search&cats=5_19&term=Sentai&offset=1
DDL:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!94IVTKDC!p7Pzw5Me6IdTvL5tv8k6qQ

>List of subbed series:
https://lovexcare.wordpress.com/releases/super-sentai-guide/
http://tokusubs.wikia.com/wiki/Tokusubs_Wiki

>Super Hero Time OSTs: https://mega.co.nz/#F!fddkkZiK!fau0lSCNv0MedCNpS_Ihew

>Super Sentai Monster Designs (currently Gorenger to ToQger): https://mega.nz/#F!Mp8hVQ7K!tm2cp0d9_GZiZdGaXt1nXw

>DO NOT MAKE NEW GENERALS WHEN IT IMMEDIATELY REACHES BUMP LIMIT. WAIT TILL IT GETS TO PAGE 6 TO MAKE A NEW GENERAL!!!! MOD RULES!
>>
File: Garu, no, get out of the rain.webm (2MB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
Garu, no, get out of the rain.webm
2MB, 700x392px
>>15448974
>>
>>15448976
Such is the fate of an Utsunomiya-produced show. I mean, if he wanted to produce a show that never progresses at all, he ought to just do Pokémon or something.

At least Returns will show life in a newly-fused Earth/Zyuland.
>>
Did anyone else besides me cared more about the Deboss generals in Kyoryuger than the actual heroes themselves. The only Kyoryugers I liked was Torin, Nossan, and Utchy.
>>
KYU KYU TAMA
TAMA TAMA KYU KYU
>>
File: kyukyutama.gif (339KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
kyukyutama.gif
339KB, 250x250px
>>15449197
>>
File: tamatamakyukyu.gif (154KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
tamatamakyukyu.gif
154KB, 200x200px
>>15449209
>>
what do people think of jark motw's so far, as compared to the last five years of monsters.

I think they're better than Deathgaliens and Object-Yokai, but not as good as Deboss Monsters or Shadow Monsters
>>
>>15449209
>>15449213
>>
>>15449296
I wonder if those people are PAID well.
>>
>>15449294
I think they're on par with the Deboss monsters, if not a little bit better.

They're very unique and colorful. I really enjoy them.
>>
I don't understand the complaints about recent seasons being "redwank." A team's red is always the central character, even if he isn't the leader of the team, and the one that receives the most development.

Even seasons that people generally love and prop up like Kakuranger, Shinkenger, and Dekaranger focus more on the red than any other member of the team.
>>
>>15449385
Imagine Kakuranger, Shinkenger, and Dekaranger without the others, just the red. Does it work?
Now do this with Ninninger or Kyuranger.
>>
>>15449385
focusing more on the red is different than focusing only on the red
>>
>>15449385
Red's getting more focus isn't the problem. Red's getting almost ALL the focus is the problem.

People use to think Gekiranger was bad with it's Red Focus, but compare that to how much Red focus Ninninger, Kyuranger, or Kyoryuger did and it's tame.
>>
>>15449385

The difference between "red focus" and "redwank" is when the red stops being the focus character and starts being the only character that matters.

The problem with seasons people call "redwank" is that the rest of the team is just there to say there's a team and to prop up the red. The others never get any significant focus or development, and if they do it's because of, or directly connected to, something the red did.
>>
>In Gekiranger Jan fails his trial to get his power up and only through working with his team does he manage to even qualify and it's only through failure is Jan able to realize what's needed to get the Fierce Ki

>In Kyoryuger King was so awesome that's why he failed Grey's test, and the reason he got a power up was that Gabutyra loved Daigo so much and wanted to fight with him so much he became a power up for King

In one series, teamwork was required to get a powerup. In another the Red was just so awesome he got it.

That's the difference between focus and Wank.
>>
>>15448974
>>15448985
>>15449296
what are these exactly? stage shows or something?
>>
>>15449438
yes
>>
>>15449438
I left the twitter handle in the filename just in case people were curious.
>>
>>15449390
Kakuranger's my favorite season and you can honestly remove everyone but Sasuke and Tsuruhime and lose very little. Saizo and Seikai are entirely unnecessary, and Jiraiya quickly drifts into the background after his introduction.

Early Sentai are especially bad about having Red get the main over arching plot, and everyone else fighting over focus filler. Zyuranger for example didn't need Dan, Boi, Mei, or Goushi for the most part. Just Geki and Burai are really plot important and Burai is part of Geki's plot.

Ran and Retsu might get power ups but Ran can be entirely excised from Gekiranger, and Retsu only really clings onto relevancy through his brother. Who ends up falling out of relevancy pretty quickly.

This show has always been Red wank centrally. Lucky is just louder about it.
>>
I normally wait until a Sentai is finished before I start watching (I like to watch shows in big chunks, also the toys will be on clearance) but Kyuranger looks really interesting. I'm a bit tempted to start watching weekly again.
>>
>>15449510
good luck
>>
>>15449510
YOSSHA LUCKY!!
>>
>>15449390
>Ninninger
I don't exactly want to defend Takaharu, but the show seemed to make a point of reducing his focus after the Gabi Raizo arc. A theory at the time was because the staff realized how bad his actor was, so they shifted focus to Kasumi (who had a more experienced actress).

Then there were a lot of shitposts here about Kasumi being too perfect, but eventually the show started to give her flaws and even attempted to prop up Nagi near the end. Yakumo and Kinji also had plenty of screentime throughout the show.

Takaharu was a shitty character and Ninninger was a weak show, but the staff at least seemed to have some self awareness about their problems.
>>
>>15449586
Takaharu has a, more or less, exclusive power up but he's non-stop shit on by his team and Kasumi, Kinji, and Yakumo all manage to overshadow him on multiple occasions. It's hardly a red focused season.
>>
File: Neo Jetman.png (172KB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
Neo Jetman.png
172KB, 427x240px
Have y'all noticed that ever since Jetman, we've been getting more that 1 hero of the same color in the same season? (not including evil teams)

>Jetman: 6 Blacks (Gai and Neo-Jetman) & 2 Blues (Ako and Dan)
>Kakuranger: 2 Blues (Saizou and Ninjaman)
>Carranger: 2 Blues (Naoki and Signalman)
>Hurricaneger: 2 Reds (Yousuke and Ikkou) & 2 Blues (Nanami and Isshuu)
>Magiranger: 2 Reds (Kai and Isamu)
>Shinkenger: 2 Reds (Takeru and Kaoru)
>Gokaiger: 2 Reds (Marvelous and Akared)
>Kyoryuger: 3 Reds (Daigo, Dai-kun, Juyong), 3 Blacks (Ian, Icchan, Hyeonjun), 7 Blues (Nobuharu, Nobuta-San, Ramirez, Yuko, Dai-Kun, Ami-neesan, Sechang), 3 Greens (Souji, Soujiro, Pureun), 3 Pinks (Amy, Ami-neesan, Dohee), 3 Golds (Utsusemimaru, Uppy, Juhyeok), 3 Grays (Tessai, Shinya, Soujiro), 3 Violets (Doc, Yayoi, Uppy) & 3 Silvers (Torin, Dansetsu, Icchan)
>Ninninger: 4 Reds (Takaharu, Yoshitaka, Tsumuji and Yoshiharu)
>Kyuranger: 2 Reds (Lucky and Houou) & 2 Blues (Garu and Kotaro)
>>
>>15449483
Removing Jiraiya would also remove his fight with Gali and I don't think anybody wants that.
>>
>>15449483
Kaku had a lot of problems with characters. The Hanarangers never did much after their introductio, Prince Jr went out weakly, the plot was resolved sloppily and I wanted Kappa around a whole lot more. He was fun. When everyone went off on their journeys to find their scrolls but Saizo and Seikai shared their plot I gave up on them.

Agree on Zyuranger.
>>
>>15448976
you say that yet I feel more invested in Zyuohger than in Kyoryuger, Ninninger or Kyuranger so far

it's not about being safe or not blown up, it's about being watchable

>>15449385
the seasons you mentioned, the red doesn't create a black hole absorbing other characters

same with zyuohger, Yamato might have gotten all power ups and is central, but he never took over the plot from the zyumen
>>
>>15449789
The problem with Zyuohger that despite being balanced, it doesn't really "stand out" compared to other Sentai. It's basically an average season that doesn't stick out. It just gets lumped in with everything between Kyoryuger and Kyuranger because it doesn't do anything to real make it feel unique, same with TQGer. It's more than they're sandwhiched between really decisive series that piss people off that they get any flack. Goseiger use to get a lot of flack for the reverse reason because it was between two really popular Sentai and thus people shat on it for being mediocre, compared to being stuck between shit that pisses people off so you get shat on for not being the exact opposite of those things.
>>
>>15449804
I knew some faggot would finally come out and say "Zyuohger is only 'good' because the previous show was bad". First off, go fuck yourself, Zyuohger is a good show regardless whether it came after Ninninger or not.

Second, it doesn't have to stand out to be good, it's good because it's a good watch, with entertaining characters and really great action. Don't take it out on Zyuohger because your post GB show is seen as garbage.

And fuck you, ToQger is unique in its setup and its setting, has memorable villains and certain heroes, and has a great build up to its reveal.
>>
>>15449804

I would say it stands out in the character department. Leo and Sela didn't get great payoff but it was a dynamic that I don't think has ever been done in Sentai before, and Yamato and Misao had top tier character arcs.

And the action scenes really tried to be dbz-level
>>
>>15449822
But he's not wrong.

In 10, even 5, years Zyuohger won't be recommended as a must watch the way shows like Shinkenger, Dairanger, Dekaranger, or even Kyoryuger are. It's just a bland forgettable season that got a bit more love because it followed a bad season.

The characters go almost no where and are even more shallow than most Sentai characters, the plot goes mostly no where, and the filler are rather generic. It's a serviceable show, one I personally enjoyed, but it's in no way a season that's going to be remembered for years to come. It just doesn't stand out.
>>
>>15449822
I never said what you implied I said. I said that Zyuohger doesn't stand out as amazing, and thus it's flaws are magnified because it's sandwiched between two series that a lot of people feel are bad, so it gets lumped as "bad," and same with TQGer. Neither of those two are bad, but get shit on because they weren't amazing enough to make them stick out more than how much people hate the two shows that surround it.

The hate for the shows around them washes over into their show and makes people treat it harsher.
>>
>>15449837
you tell yourself that then

>plot goes nowhere
>literally every episode they are either looking for Kusacock, fending off a monster, or trying to adjust to life

it's weird that Zyuohger gets this shit piled on it when other shows literally have "nothing happens after the first few episodes and the finale"
>>
>>15449842
Except only shitposters do that. You can easily tell it when they can't even get their facts right in the show, like the "oh Misao reuses his shit" even though after that vocal episode he finally got his shit together
>>
>>15449846
I blame ghostposters, they keep bringing up zyuohger in an attempt to falseflag by saying "oh both sentai and rider shows sucked that year"
>>
Anybody else expected Bud to be evil before it turned out he was an all right guy?
>>
>>15449848
Nah but I was expecting them to do an arc in Zyuland. Especially after we learned about his past. Shame that potential got wasted.
>>
>>15449848
it's kusaka

even then he still caused misunderstandings so it was hilarious

>>15449851
V-Cinema

also Zyuland is an end-goal, that's like saying you make an arc about how Takeru gets his girlfriend Tube Princess freed
>>
>>15449853
Zyuland didn't need to be an end-goal though. There was no actual reason for it to be either. Going back never meant they had to stay there.
>>
>>15449853
reminds me of people saying Nico should temporarily be a rider after grabbing Snipe's Gashat then being pissed that it didn't happen

like they make up their own rules while ignoring the established stuff then end up complaining because they ignored those rules

>>15449854
but it was, like it should have been obvious from the beginning, that the whole set-up is Yamato has to take care of these beastmen because he likes doing that, all while making sure they find a way home

you know what we call those shit where a new arc suddenly happens right near the end? tumors, tumors that ruin a show's pacing

see: Ghost's sudden MUH TENKUJI TAKERU
>>
B-but daigo is perfect. he has no flaws
>>
>>15449861
No we call it plot movement.
>>
>>15449899
are you those retards who think a dumb, retarded main character is full of personality?
>>
>>15449904
No. I'm someone who actually understands how a plot is meant to work.

Zyuland never needed to be endgame. Zyuland could have come into play at anytime and the show would have been better for it.

Look at Ex-Aid. Any other Rider season Chronicle would have been the last 5-6 episodes. It's better that it's initiated midway into the show.
>>
>>15449908
You're comparing two different things though. The Chronicle arc isn't meant to be and end-game, as it wasn't brought up as something as the end. It was revealed around halfway in the 10's. If it was an end-game, it would be terrible as it meant it took that long for it to be resolved.

Zyuland is meant to be an endgame because that's the main goal of the cast. It's why they were all going with the "we probably wouldn't see each other" at the end - because reaching it is the poignant moment for the character. If we suddenly get a Zyuland arc at the end, it will come off as pointless and rushed.

And you call yourself someone who understands how a plot is meant to work.
>>
>>15449842
>Kyoryuger
>bad
ToQgerfags have no taste
>>
>>15449917
In any other show Chronicle would have been endgame though as it's Dan's masterstroke and what he was hoping to accomplish.

Getting to Zyuland before the end actually has a chance to move the characters forward in an interesting way. The reason they were upset at the end is because Bard's plan involved completely cutting off the connection between the two worlds. Before that they had just assumed they could visit Yamato at any time because they had the champion symbols.

Go-Busters and Magiranger both are good examples of reaching your endgame mid-way through and finding something unique to do afterwards. There's absolutely no reason Zyuohger couldn't have done the same. A goal being met does not mean an ending, it means a new goal is established.

The Zyuman group returns to Zyuland and sees the corruption first hand and must learn to deal with it. It could have happened in the 30s if the show wanted to. It could have marked real progress for the show.
>>
You know what would be great? If Cerberus Kyutama is actually related to Garu's past or something, like maybe three clansmen or some other.

Probably not though.
>>
>>15449943
What corruption are they seeing? The only thing they mentioned was treating humans like shit. That was years ago.
>>
>>15449943
GB did it because of a retool though, and it was a special case at that. And I do commend Kobayashi's writing for making it not obvious and it flowed well.

For Magi, wasn't it more near the end though?

As for Ex-Aid, that's the thing - it seemed like an end-game for the villain, but as you see it wasn't, and then you look back, you realize how small Dan is compared to the Bugsters so it wasn't really an end-game.

Them returning sidetracks the whole issue of a big flying roulette in space. They made a point that while they want to go home, they still want to save Yamato's world. And then there's Azald.

Yeah the corruption plot is there and seems like they're doing it for the V-Cinema, and honestly most Zyuland stuff are in it. But honestly I don't mind with what we got - Zyuland is not perfect. That should have been enough as it doesn't really clash with the show's plot. It makes a good post-show story though.
>>
>>15448976
I agree with Ian being handled well by Kyoryuger, but not Souji. I absolutely hate arcs that suddenly appear to make someone more 'relevant' like what they do with the Feather Edge being passed down to Souji from Torin, even if on paper it works. I suppose I just wish they started planting the seeds for that earlier instead of bringing up that plot point 40 episodes in.

In contrast, I really like the Souji/Ian friendship because it was a thing constantly running in the background that got referenced every now and then but wasn't too crammed in your face as ~these characters are now important~, because that's what Souji's endgame arc with the Feather Edge felt like - an attempt to compensate for how much he gets ignored by the show
>>
>>15449483
>Early Sentai
You're talking strictly the ones that have Red be relevant in the plot, right? The oldest entries have the Red be the leader, and that's the extent of it.

You could even have Sun Vulcan just be about Hiba, since Owashi has even less personality than him (granted, Hyo is the only one in the team to have any, despite being a Yellow).
>>
>>15450212
>since Owashi has even less personality than him
You could grab a brick, write "Owashi" on it, throw the suit onto said brick, and throw it at Black Magma and you would have the same amount of character than Owashi did, it's amazing.
>>
>>15449954
>and then you look back, you realize how small Dan is compared to the Bugsters so it wasn't really an end-game.
What? If anything the Bugsters are small. The threat escalation with Chronicle happened due to something Genm was about to complete. Genm was the one pushing everything bigger, while the bugsters are fairly static in comparison. Even the strongest Bugster right now only fights with tools made by Genm.
>>
>>15450406
And yet he wasn't able to realize he could complete it because of Pallad. And then all of the other things that came out. He was played like a fool.
>>
File: C9xVTPgUAAEq_GK.jpg (265KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C9xVTPgUAAEq_GK.jpg
265KB, 1200x900px
Cuteranger
>>
>>15449747
what about TimeRed and TimeFire?
>>
is there a good set of subs for boukenger ang magiranger?
>>
>>15450504
Boukenger - Kind of, FreeJoker is scrubbing it, but he's kind of dead.
Magiranger - Yes, it got a complete resub by tinyhenshin a while back.
>>
>>15449954
>not making it obvious
The series suddenly ending at 30 and Gavan showing up for two episodes out of nowhere has been a very jarring experience for me, but it's still an entertaining show.
>>
>>15450531
I always consider promotional episodes out of consideration, like that Kikaider ep in Gaim
>>
>>15450444
wtf is wrong with Spada's persepctive?
>>
The first min-album for Kyuranger comes out soon, doesn't it?
>>
>>15450541
Yes, but in this instance, it felt like it was done to give them time to think of new plot
>>
>>15450574
Does it? I haven't seen a listing yet.
>>
>>15450591
I remember the first one coming out within the next month for the last few years. I could just be remembering wrong, but I assumed Kyuranger would follow suit.
>>
>>15450574

The next album release that Columbia has for Kyuranger is the OST 1 which will be released on May 31st. Usually the 1st mini album is released in late April but I'm guessing Columbia and Toei is experimenting with how the albums are released again.
>>
File: kiy47ja.png (7KB, 356x141px) Image search: [Google]
kiy47ja.png
7KB, 356x141px
>kyuranger ratings plummeted to 2.0
>this is the 3rd worst for a sentai episode ever
>this is the worst in over 20 years
>>
>>15450791
>Episode 7 got the worst ratings
>It was also the only episode of Kyuranger I've enjoyed

Huh
>>
>>15450791
What is the episode with the worst rating ever?
>>
>>15450806

Carranger episode 25 with a 1.4% rating
>>
File: jrjane.png (26KB, 783x221px) Image search: [Google]
jrjane.png
26KB, 783x221px
>>15450806
Here's the top 10.

I just realized this is the worst rating since they switched to sunday mornings.
>>
>>15450816
>Mostly Mid-Twenty episodes

I guess thats a drop off point, huh?
>>
>>15450815
>>15450816
For anyone who's curious:
>It introduces Radietta Fanbelt, a peculiar alien girl who tries to join the Carrangers as "White Racer"!
>>
>>15450819
summer vacation, etc.
>>
>>15450822
It's also the one with the evil sentai of the background villains. They redid the OP with new lyrics as their insert song.

It's a good episode.
>>
>>15450791
YOSSHA LUCKY
>>
>>15450461
FUCK, I knew I forgot those 2!

Still though, why so many of the same color in the same season?
>>
>>15450791
So it's either

1. People don't care about Kyuranger
Or
2. People were busy watching CSHT at 7:30am instead of watching the new episode
>>
>>15450791
J U S T
>>
>>15450791
Question, what would this be blamed on? The previous episode not attracting the viewers or the episode itself? Or would it be both?
>>
>>15450887
CSHT, maybe. That came out on the 25th, a day before episode 7 aired, but I really can't see that having any effect on something that airs so early.
>>
>>15450887
Do we have the ratings for Ex-Aid? We could see if there was a particular drop that day
>>
>>15450797
What's the list for digital viewings?
>>
>>15450887
It was the crossover episode. The audience knows not to expect much from these ever since Gaim had 3, I think.
>>
>>15450899
Good, maybe in a few years that'll make Toei decide to drop them entirely if no one is watching them.
>>
>>15450822
It says a lot about how much of a damn people gave about Fushigi Comedy at that point, since White Racer is a big in-joke towards that series.
>>
>>15450893

Ex-Aid had a viewership rating of 3.2% that day
>>
>>15450922
>cucumber

heh
>>
>>15450922
>at least two 0.0s for Heybot
It really does repel the casuals, doesn't it.
>>
>>15450856
It depends on the trend in terms of ratings is. Though if the ratings continue to tank, the Western Side of the community will never get a say in anything Sentai again, which is garbage because it wasn't the design and aesthetics that likely is killing Kyuranger. It's the storytelling
>>
>>15450922
what episode is 0.9 for exaid
>>
>>15450508
Any idea when free joker will pick up boukenger again? My friends refuse to sit through TV-N but it's the next series in our 'to watch' list together.
>>
>>15450994
Did the western side of the community ever had a say?
>>
>>15451020
Saban had some stuff to with with it.
>>
>>15451013
Teach them some basic Japanese.
>>
>>15451013
Watch what FJ released and hopefully the wait for new episodes will make them want to watch it, even if its TV-N only
>>
>>15451023
Bandai of America, not Saban
>>
>>15451049
In which Saban is a shareholder.
>>
>>15450997

That figure is from the same episode. The numbers that is after the 3.2% are viewership breakdowns.

The 3.2% represents the overall household viewership and the numbers after represents individual, kids, teens, M1, M2, M3, F1, F2, and F3 viewership.
>>
>>15450922
>Queenranger
>Queer ranger
>Kyubeyranger
>cucumber

I love how Google Translate has no idea how to translate Kyuranger,
>>
File: CURRENCEL.jpg (24KB, 817x219px) Image search: [Google]
CURRENCEL.jpg
24KB, 817x219px
>>15451069
this one is my favorite
>>
>>15451080
>Currencel
would you watch a sentai about currency?
>>
>>15451112
I guess I would.
>>
>>15451112
>say the change!
COUNT THE CHANGE!
>>
>>15451069
limited express jar is my favorite

Too bad google translate changed it.
>>
>>15451128
>flips a coin up
>falls on a piggy-bank shaped device
>YENRED
>>
>>15451112
Kyoryu technically was, since the Deboss Army generals were named after currency.

I probably would though.
>>
What's your favorite Post-Gokai Changer?
>>
>>15451181
Changer or changing sequence?
Changer would be Zyuohger, sequence probably ToQger.
>>
>>15450994
It's not even that. Sentai just isn't cool anymore.
>>
File: Money_Rangers.jpg (224KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
Money_Rangers.jpg
224KB, 1440x810px
>>15451112
SamFlam did it
>>
>>15451226
reminds me of changeman and another one, but I can't figure out which one
>>
>>15451128
>>15451226
>>15451238
>Giving evil its just dues!
>Coinage Sentai Changeman!
>>
>>15451238
Flashman? Denjiman?
>>
File: img_6420.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
img_6420.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
>>15451238
Goggle V?
>>
>>15451216
>Sentai just isn't cool anymore
Because they don't try anymore.
>>
>>15451239
ok the pun was entirely unintended

>>15451240
>>15451241
I think it's bioman, but also the gold details are familiar somehow
>>
>>15451226
Maybe I'm forgetting someone, but do any rangers use sai? That'd be a cool personal weapon for someone to have someday.
>>
>>15451226
>Credit card chest pieces
SamFlam was too good for us
>>
>>15451226
so pink is bitcoin?

also, what the hell is black? Franc?
>>
File: Girell.jpg (212KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Girell.jpg
212KB, 640x480px
Watching Megaranger. Why is Girell so based?
>>
>>15450791
So basically we're not getting Balance episodes anymore then.
>>
>>15451278
>Balance and Naga, the two actually decent characters, will now be snubbed in future episodes

Fucking nips.
>>
>>15450791

They REALLY need to rethink their demographic. I know sentai is oriignally for YOUNG kids but possibly they need to think about making it for older/more fan oriented. Sentai has worked best when it's darker/more serious.
>>
>>15451285
The last time they tried to make it serious, they completely shat the bed toy sales wise and no one gave a fuck about it. Go-Busters killed the chance for "serious" Sentai in this decade.
>>
>>15451284
>>15451278
This will only happen IF the episodes following it don't have low ratings as well. See, the way you SHOULD look at ratings is that ratings reflect more the previous episode than the actual episode. What episode aired before the Naga/Balance episode? The god awful Pegasus armor episode.

>>15451288
>It's the "Go-Busters did poor with toys because it was serious" meme

Go-Busters did poor with toys BECAUSE IT HAD NO FUCKING TOYS TO SELL.
You had 5 Zords, a pair of glasses and a flash light/gun sword. There was NOTHING to sell. Look at fucking Ex-Aid, it's serious and the Gashat's are selling because they EXIST TO SELL. What this means is that they need a serious show but one that actually has toys.
>>
>>15451288

Then sentai is essentially doomed.

Another thing killing sentai. Over reliance on supplemental mecha. Was cool in Gaoranger and Hurricanger. Now it's a joke.
>>
>>15451285
>they need to think about making it for older/more fan oriented
I think that Akiba S2's failure pretty much killed that chance. Space Squad/Girls in Trouble has the tone down pat, at least, even if it's a V-Cinema crossover capitalizing on Space Sheriff nostalgia.

At the least, they should make those new Carranger specials that the cast and Toqger Returns director want.
>>
>>15451292
How did Go-Busters do, rating wise?
>>
>>15451266
SamFlam was too good for this world
>>
>>15451304

It's overall ratings was a 4.1% which at time made it the lowest rated sentai and was nearly a 1% drop from Gokaiger.
>>
>>15451312
Interesting. Was Gokaiger a spike, compared to Goseiger?
>>
>>15451275
Yeah Darkonda is pretty cool
>>
File: ssri4klr.png (61KB, 442x841px) Image search: [Google]
ssri4klr.png
61KB, 442x841px
>>15451304
>>15451312
It continued a downward trend from Shinken that was slightly stymied by the nostalgia in Gokai.
>>
>>15451314

No. Gokaiger overall ratings was 5.0% which was down .4% from Goseiger. Sentai ratings has been on a free fall since Boukenger with Shinkenger being the only sentai in the past 10 years to have increased ratings.
>>
>>15451318
Holy shit, Gorenger was a BEAST
>>
>>15451318
Is Gaoranger any good?
>>
>>15451292
They also were still attempting to sell Action Figures back then. In fact, Nick and Gorisaki had weapons in the toyline, so everyone thought the Buddyroids would be fighting alongside the Rangers before the show started.

Although there were only 5 mecha, were sold in a different way. Basically, Go-Buster Ace was sold as the usual combined main mecha, while the other two core ones were sold like they were auxiliary attachments rather than part of the main combo. Then, Silver's and Gold's also were sold separately, and finally there was Lioh. It was basically an attempt at selling less, but larger mecha, with more functions by themselves. And, yeah, it didn't work.
>>
File: Full Year Toy Sales Earnings.png (25KB, 683x272px) Image search: [Google]
Full Year Toy Sales Earnings.png
25KB, 683x272px
>>15450791

I'll interesting to see how the toy sales are when the 4Q report is released next month.
>>
>>15451318
Dekaranger is that one modern sentai that gets referenced in anime and games and shit all the time, would've thought that it had higher ratings.
>>
>>15451330
Consensus here seems to be that it's boring and not worth bothering with, but after watching it all fairly recently, I didn't understand those comments whatsoever.

It's a good series with a great cast, fun villains and really good suit acting and suit action. The Rouki plotline felt like a bit of a drag at times, but it gave out some really good fights, so I was okay with it in the end.
>>
>>15451330

Watch Gaoranger VS Super Sentai. I LOOOOOOVE that movie.
>>
>>15451329

Well, in context:

1)It was a NEW concept (although Gatchaman did it before, just animated).
2)It was the 70's so less other distractions for kids at that time.
>>
File: GoRider.jpg (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GoRider.jpg
166KB, 1280x720px
Is GoRider sentai?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeN5hrgUdOo
What is this nonsense that keeps showing up on my feed?! For the love of god someone tell me!
>>
>>15451373

that was a clip show
>>
>>15451479
Fuck, I miss Kiriya. He even holds his card in an adorable way.
>>
>>15451377
>2)It was the 70's so less other distractions for kids at that time.

Well, no cell phones, computers, and video games to distract them anyway.

There definitely wasn't any shortage of TV shows for them to watch in 1975.
>>
>>15451361
Where can I get Gaoranger subs?
>>
>>15449747
I'd hesitate to include the extras from Kyoryuger 100 years later and Kyoryu Brave since they're not part of the original season.

also, are Lucky and the phoenix form not the same?
>>
>>15449294
>>15449359
I just have no clue what theme they follow.
>>
>>15451754
Nope, Houoh Soldier is a separate Kyuranger, not a power up.
>>
>>15451623
look at the links in the OP
>>
>>15451815
>Nope, Houoh Soldier is a separate Kyuranger, not a power up.

holy shit my dick is diamonds.
>>
>>15450822

>Zokuranger episode is lowest viewed in franchise

Japan, how?
>>
>>15451982
the true unofficial sentai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWzcytrS0g
>>
>>15450922
Where are people getting ratings from? My old source stopped updating years ago.
>>
>>15451350
>Dem dinosaur sales

Brave Da Ze!
>>
>>15451134
What was Aigaron named after?
>Gold
>Lira
>Euro
>>
>>15452031
Galleon like what Garren is based on
>>
>>15452031
Galleon, apparently.
>>
>>15452036
>>15452038
Oh, interesting. Hadn't come to mind.
>>
>>15452036
BOROBORO DA
>>
File: BOROBORODAAA.jpg (19KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
BOROBORODAAA.jpg
19KB, 511x428px
>>15452050
>>
What are the rest of Kyuranger's ratings?
>>
>>15452065

>>15450791
>>
>>15452069
thanks

wow, interest really dropped off?
>>
>>15451112
COUNT ZA MEDALS
>>
>>15451357
Not having high ratings as it aired doesn't mean much. Between rental, dvds, repeats, and other means Dekaranger had plenty of chances to find it's audience.

The one that always surprises me with that list is Jetman.
>>
>>15452076
Something could have happened that day that drew attention away from it. The ratings were raising up until that episode.
>>
>>15452230
>>15452076
It was the kamen rider crossover, also it was after the pegasus armor episode
>>
>>15452230
>>15452239
it can't be the crossover aspect though since it was short and ignorable, and hell Ex_Aid had that too yet has 3.2 in ratings.
>>
>>15452247
Probably the birthday monster then. I mean, his plot was dumb.
>>
File: 62441481_p8_master1200.jpg (465KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
62441481_p8_master1200.jpg
465KB, 500x707px
>>
Which one you prefer in a season /ssg/
Bad suits but good helmets or
Good suits but bad helmets
>>
>Thanks to RTA for the guest translation~

http://over-ti.me/releases/animal-sentai-zyuohger-movie-pulse-pounding-circus-panic/
>>
>>15451292
>Go-Busters did poor with toys BECAUSE IT HAD NO FUCKING TOYS TO SELL.
You're not wrong, but IIRC that meme was started by Bandai or Toei execs trying to sell Kyoryu as a fun alternative to "dark" Gobus. If execs or investors actually still believe that then we'll be stuck with these trends for a while.
>>
>>15452325
FAR FAR AWAY DEEP IN SPACE TO A GALAXY YOU'LL GO
>>
>>15452366
>over 4 months later

So we'll be getting zyuoh vs ninnin in august?
>>
File: kemeno sentai.jpg (496KB, 1805x2048px) Image search: [Google]
kemeno sentai.jpg
496KB, 1805x2048px
Started off with Super Sentai a few months ago with Jetman since I like Gatchaman. Should I watch something earlier like Liveman or Dairanger next?
I'd watch Zyuranger, but I heard that it was kid of the week. Dairanger might be the same as well, but I'm a fan when it comes to Asian martial arts media.
>>
>>15452546
Don't worry about kid of the week in Dairanger.
>>
>>15452546
cute
>>
>>15452366
I'll watch this because I miss the Zyuoh gang
>>
>>15452239
>>15452247
I think that's low for Ex-Aid though isn't it?

That's always the crossover episode since it's the start of spring break in Japan. It's probably meant as an incentive to watch. The Dracomander will be a better indication of ratings.

>>15452366
>>15452529
I don't know but Ignis said recently that Rider 4 is almost ready for release. We'll probably see that next.
>>
>>15451319
Shinkenger grasped the fujoshi market since Tori is a pretty motherfucker, Aiba already had a sizable fandom in Japan, and Shogo Suzuki wasn't a slouch in the looks department either. The girls were also cute and the team was incredibly fashionable and trendy. The show being about Takeru's harem didn't hurt. From what I understand it did well with teen girls too because of the cast.

I assume Goseiger's decent ratings were thanks to Kyosuke Hamao's fujo fandom. He was already popular with them from Tenimyu and the Takumi movies. As well as a little post-Shinken hype.

Gokaiger's lower ratings were likely due to the Tsunami. I know it threw OOO strong ratings run off.
>>
>>15452649
Honestly thinking about it I'm shocked Goseiger's ratings aren't stronger. I guess Agri doing jackshit hurt them a bit in the end.

The poor guy left Japan to escape his fandom only to learn that he had sizable stalker following her too.
>>
>>15452366
so... anyone catch the cameos at the end of this?
>>
File: Shafu you're too old for this.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Shafu you're too old for this.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>15452661
i looked for a few minutes but it doesn't look like they brought Doggie out of retirement.

i'm both happy and sad to see Shafu there. it reminds me that his VA is dead
>>
who is RTA anyway
>>
>>15452792
It is a mystery.
>>
>>15452792
Since he overlocalizes so much, he must be Magenta.
>>
>>15452883
>you got your ass burned so hard you return to /ssg/
>>
>>15450791
>>15450922
Weirdly enough, One Piece and DBS also had lower ratings this week as well.

Did something happen this week in Japan that made almost everyone stop watching the sunday morning shows?
>>
>>15452888
And you got your ass burned so hard you now hide behind another name.
>>
>>15452894
>>
>>15452663
Doggie and Torin were there. When the raw came out months ago we had people find them in the end credits.
>>
and the references weren't just them

the bluray/dvd release had a complete list of all sentai references
>>
>Misao retreads the same plot over and over until finally letting the development truly take.
Glad someone else feels the same.
>>
>>15452932
samefagging doesn't mean someone else feels it
>>
File: George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif (495KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif
495KB, 500x375px
>>15452366
Finally, time for clown/trainer-punching.
>>
>>15452366
>all those engrish
>>
>>15452366
God I fucking love Zyuohger choreography
>>
to that selafag asking if she did the traditional shark handgrab, here it is
>>
File: C93CXleVwAEfNOg.jpg:large.jpg (437KB, 1759x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C93CXleVwAEfNOg.jpg:large.jpg
437KB, 1759x2048px
daily doggo
>>
>Over-time can't even finish out Zyuoh by itself

Sounds like OT needs a new translator
>>
File: top_0012.png (110KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
top_0012.png
110KB, 400x240px
I seem to recall a couple months back someone here was wondering about Taiko no Tatsujin and Toku songs, it turns out you don't actually have to go to Japan if you want to play the latest series' songs like I thought, you just need to be able to get the DLC for the games.

Fushigi na Orb on the 3DS has Go-Busters and Switch On.
Jikyu Daibouken on the 3DS has ToQger, Switch On, Just Live More (DLC), and Surprise Drive (DLC). I think it has Ultraman Orb as well, it's either this or the next game but I can't remember if it was DLC.
Mystery Adventure on the 3DS has Zyuohger, We Think Therefore We Are (Can't remember it was DLC), and Excite (DLC).
V Version on the Vita has Ultraman X (DLC).
Wii U Version has Kyoryuger but good luck finding this game on the cheap.
>>
File: C9ifj8jV0AA1Qy2.jpg (651KB, 1762x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C9ifj8jV0AA1Qy2.jpg
651KB, 1762x2048px
>>15453264
Adorable doggo. Also, BEAR! (' - ')7
>>
what's a baked dragon
>>
File: 62458719_p0.jpg (134KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
62458719_p0.jpg
134KB, 500x600px
>>
>>15453453
>>
>Can't use actual Kyutamas in it
What's the point?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJZxwONY0q0
>>
>>15453485
Make dumb collectors shell out a heap of money just to get a single kyutama.
>>
>>15453488
Does Sentai ever get better collectibles like Kamen Rider later on? The DX Ryutsueder looked really disappointing outside the kyutama.
>>
>>15453464
wow his pajamas glow in the dark
must be pajamagic
>>
>>15453501
From toy catalog scans, Kyuranger's toys are all pretty disappointing so far. When put up against Zyuoh's they look fine, but that's about it.
And not really, Sentai collectibles are pretty much in the "what you see is what you get" range. Bandai takes more risks toy wise with Rider because it's a nice, safe cash cow for them. Sentai has been selling less each show for some time now. Zyuohger selling slightly better than Ninnin seems like it was just a blip.
>>
>>15452910
Oh shit, really? Does anyone have pics cause I'm retarded and couldn't find them
>>
File: Pajamagic.jpg (306KB, 1000x561px) Image search: [Google]
Pajamagic.jpg
306KB, 1000x561px
>>15453515
>>
>>15452891
It was the start of spring break. It's likely many families went away.
>>
>>15453523
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Doubutsu_Sentai_Jyuohger:_Dokidoki_Circus_Panic!
>>
File: C92v3NuVYAAGI-0.jpg (255KB, 1200x901px)
C92v3NuVYAAGI-0.jpg
255KB, 1200x901px
Cuteranger
>>
Hey /ssg/
Usually we have "What theme do you want to see in a series" questions.
But I want to ask you

What theme do you think will be the next one?
>>
>>15453726
Cars
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (768KB, 3000x1961px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
768KB, 3000x1961px
>>15453739
no fuck you raceing semi trucks
>>
>>15453753
Sentai budget would never allow for that, especially in the state it's in now.
>>
>>15453726
>Implying there will be a next Sentai

Don't lose that shine, Anon.
>>
>>15453760
What would TV Asahi put in it's place? Another toku or a new anime?
>>
>>15453763
Prism Ace
>>
If Sentai goes, what will Saban do? No way in hell he'd make his own suits and craft his own show from scratch.
>>
>>15453774
Masked Rider Medical Aid
>>
>>15453774
Finally use Go-Busters, ToQger and Zyuohger.

Alternatively, shit out more Dinosaur stuff thanks to Kyoryu2
>>
>>15453774
There's the skipped seasons now. And they might attempt a rerun again, or maybe even making new seasons with old suited footage. If the toy sales fall enough and Bandai gives up then the show is finished.
>>
>>15453799
>Muh zordbuilder doesn't work with that zord
>SKIP!!!
>>
>>15453799
Good luck with that.

>The monster suits only last so long, and that's a consideration because they're not inexpensive to make

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpRLKSY6Lac
>>
>>15452943
Nope. Too bad for you, shitposter.
>>
>>15453739
Yeah. Cars or dinosaurs. Ninjas and animals underperformed. Even if Kyuranger is a success toy-wise they'll want one of their two heavy hitters to go after it.
>>
>>15453739
>>15453958
I hope they don't try another faux-Carranger like Go-Onger was. That show was divisive enough even before the Gobus schism.

>>15453765
That is assuming they would do anything associated with a Sentai series that bombed.

Besides, the next Ultraman is airing soon.
>>
>>15453958
I think Toei only likes to repeat a theme after a considerable time. Which is why I can see Cars coming back soon since Go-Onger is almost 10.
>>
>>15453970
Yeah but when you're desperate you'll do anything.

I'm honestly shocked they never did birds again.
>>
>>15453978
Maybe they think that without Inoue it wouldn't be TRENDY enough.

That said, I wouldn't mind Go-Onger getting a celebration as long as the Carranger crew is allowed to get in on that party as well.
>>
>>15453970
>>15453988
I'd imagine if we don't see cars next year, we 100% will before the new decade.
>>
>>15454002
Don't know if car themed series, but car/vehicle mechs will certainly be used soon.
>>
>>15453774
Mystic Knights: The Next Generation
>>
1.) We haven't seen a show with a fully mecha theme of mythical animals for a long time. Might be a good time now.
2.) I think that if Sentai ends, Saban could start just making its own cgi show.
>>
>>15454153
fuck off
>>
>>15454157

I will if this flops. Threads are getting fairly lame.

Rest assured I won't just keep pushing the invite, this will be the first and last time you see this.
>>
ehhh fuck it
>>
Who are the best evil ranger group?

Also why weren't the nezirangers called the NegaRangers?
>>
File: Questers[1].jpg (132KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Questers[1].jpg
132KB, 704x396px
>>15454358

I love the Questers, fantastic designs
>>
>>15454372
The questers are just such an uncomfortable concept for me plot wise...
>>
>>15454381
How so?

>>15454358
Because they're from Nezire? Nezi I believe means screw or twisted, making them more along the lines of Twisted Ranger.
>>
>>15454540
Werewolves suddenly become the evil rangers because...?
>>
>>15454545
I guess I misinterpreted your use of uncomfortable.
>>
>>15454545
they look more like lions than werewolves
>>
>>15454566
>half man half beast hyrbrids that have been hunted for centuries
>lions
>>
>>15454545

>Werewolves suddenly become the evil rangers because...?

Weren't they purposely turned that way by Gajah to counter the Boukengers? Maybe I just love the idea of an ancient lifeform getting a cybernetic upgrade, probably why I like boukenSilver as well since it's similar.
>>
>>15454569
yes and? you do realize there are more than werewolves as far as werecreatures are concerned right

this is zyuranger levels of "dinosaurs"
>>
>Still no Kyoreager subs

My smile is gone for good.
>>
>>15454632
>her_hopes_and_dreams_gone.jpg
>>
>>15454545
Gaja gave them the Anti-parallel engines, an upgrade over the tech used by the Boukenger. And then the one who hunted them also became a Boukenger, with the Neo Parallel Engine which was immune to the Anti-parallel Engine's effects. And later the entire team upgrades to Neo Parallel Engines too, but there's no visual change. They just stop getting nerfed when facing the Questers.
>>
File: Dairenoh.jpg (724KB, 712x1811px) Image search: [Google]
Dairenoh.jpg
724KB, 712x1811px
Soon
>>
>>15454759
Buy me one
>>
>>15454759
I dunno how much information there is on this but are there any major differences between this and the Legacy Thunder Megazord?
>>
>>15454850
No zordbuilder shit is the only thing we know for sure at the moment.
>>
>>15452366
I'm usually not a big fan of the movies, but this one really did it for me. I think it was the huge audience they had almost the whole movie, that really made it feel like they were putting on a show more than anything which made it a lot of fun. It must have been an amazing experience for the kids.
>>
>>15451809
Sentai monsters don't always have themes
sometimes they're just aliens like the zangyack.
>>
File: CqseAW-UEAAu-gA.jpg (316KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
CqseAW-UEAAu-gA.jpg
316KB, 1536x2048px
>>
>>15454910
A few are blatantly based on Cryptids tho
>>
anyone got a MEGA folder for GoGoV?
>>
>>15450887
Lucky not shutting the fuck up. I mean is this really what japanese kids like and up to grow up to be?
>>
>>15451216
It needs a break like KR. Even the toys they used to make, like the action figures aren't even being made because everyone doesn't give a shit anymore.
>>
>>15455380
Like the UMA in Goseiger.
>>
>Almost 200 days since the last Deka release

O-T please, I need muh sentai cops
>>
File: 1392794364549.gif (3MB, 420x230px) Image search: [Google]
1392794364549.gif
3MB, 420x230px
does OT need new translators now that it seems they don't have time to translate movies or any of their older shows
>>
>>15455380
I thought they were based on past villains or some shit.
>>
>>15455757
Wasn't the last we heard that Heat has a proper professional translating job now which is why they're having help for the movies mainly?
>>
>>15455801
Yes. Heat has a lot on his plate with work right now and it's harder to do backlog.

I think he wants to do Agito too. A shame.
>>
>>15455422
No, they grow up to have the souls sucked out of them by the corporate machine. Let the dream for a little while longer.
>>
>>15456013

Really? Agito's subs are great.
>>
>>15456064
Thanks for letting me know never to come to you with questions about subs.
>>
File: 1475527487303.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475527487303.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>15456066
>>
>>15455616
Maybe Space Squad will give that the boost it needs, since O-T will have to focus on that soon.
>>
File: 1391497918787.png (850KB, 442x1310px) Image search: [Google]
1391497918787.png
850KB, 442x1310px
>>15456066

I don't see a problem
>>
Hurricanger subs when??
>>
>>15456013
It would be nice if he got to at least complete Ryuki before that.
>>
>>15456186
Ask the Imagination Station owner.
>>
>>15456186

the scrubs are decent enough
>>
>>15451278
DELETE THIS

Balance/Naga episodes are goat
>>
So I've watched the following:

Zyuranger
Dairanger
Ohranger
What's been subbed of Fiveman (ugh)
Almost done with Megaranger

On my watching queue:
Liveman
Jetman
Carranger
Gingaman

Which should I watch next?
>>
>>15456444
You can't go wrong with Carranger or Jetman, imo
Watch Go-Busters
>>
>>15456444
Gingaman.
>>
>>15456198
Ryuki isn't on Heat, it's on the other members. Heat finished translating Ryuki.
>>
>>15456455

I'll probably go with Jetman since that's the one many people say is the best older sentai.
>>
File: 71.jpg (47KB, 564x494px) Image search: [Google]
71.jpg
47KB, 564x494px
>>
>>15452661
movie is full of little weapons cameo in background like pic related, BFJ Penta Force or Goranger Hurricane
>>
File: Miku OP.jpg (255KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Miku OP.jpg
255KB, 640x480px
My favorite pink ranger.
>>
File: saya1.jpg (133KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
saya1.jpg
133KB, 960x720px
>>15456621
>>
>>15456621

>school trip episode
>pink milking a cow
>wow they feel just like Yellow's

I came
>>
>>15456632
Amusingly enough, Arakawa wrote that episode. Even back then he sneaked in innuendos.
>>
File: Momo-chan UNF UNF!!2.jpg (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Momo-chan UNF UNF!!2.jpg
1MB, 1440x1080px
>>15456621

My other favorite pink ranger.
>>
>>15455423
what really needs to happen is they need to move the Superhero Time block to a different time, as it's been going head to head with Pokemon for years and that's a competition that Super Sentai always loses

>>15456444
I'd say Kakuranger then Carranger
>>
>>15456658
I was more of a fan of Juri.
>>
File: C978BVPU0AAWQ01.jpg (65KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
C978BVPU0AAWQ01.jpg
65KB, 480x640px
concept art for Raptor and some furfag's OC
>>
>>15456621
>>15456632
Everyone in Megaranger is a best.
>>
>>15456862
Japanese George Costanza is the best George Costanza, that's true
>>
>>15456857
>bald garu

I'm so used seeing him with a mohawk that now it feels weird

also even in concept art he still has sad dog eyes
>>
super sentai wouldn't survive without power rangers
>>
>>15457139
This is actually likely no matter what anyone wants to say. Power Rangers extends the brand world-wide and gives them a second change to earn money from it. Even if Saban and others take a cut first.
>>
>>15457139
Sentai is still very big in Japan itself though. Ultraman is alive and Sentai makes more than twice as much money in the toys and hobby category, which doesn't include Power Rangers money. What would likely happen though is Sentai getting even lower budgets.
>>
>>15457097
>is more than able to notice when someones lying
>encourages Kenta when he is down in the dumps and tries to hide it
That's for sure, and just from the first few eps I've been watching.

>>15457148
So, how long until it reaches Spectreman levels of cheap? At this point there needs to be a villain that makes old monsters smarter rather than stronger.
>>
what the fuck is up with the influx of "yeah no sentai is finished guys" posts recently
>>
>>15457201
Bad ratings and bad toysales two years in a row, and Kyuranger's ratings so far aren't too optimistic. Though I think that 2.0 is just a fluke since One Piece and DBS also had low ratings that day. Likely due to spring break.

Toysales however we don't know yet. I expect them to be up personally.
>>
>>15457201
Kyuranger has the lowest rating of the past 20 years
>>
>>15457214
It's ratings were going up. Episode 7 just tanked for some reason. Likely due to Spring Break starting.
>>
>>15457250
Its ratings dropped from 3.9 to a 3.6, that isn't going up.
>>
>>15457201
Ratings make a lot of people nervous.
>>
File: 62491004_p0.jpg (51KB, 700x463px) Image search: [Google]
62491004_p0.jpg
51KB, 700x463px
at least it has cutes
>>
>>15457329
cuter than the show
>>
>>15457329
It has Madako, or whatever the Squid lady is called. She's the only cute thing on the show.
>>
>>15457341
was*
>>
>>15457341
I feel a bit sorry for the designer, he clearly wants to have her appeal to older viewers when Sentai hasn't been on primetime since the 90s.
>>
>>15457353
Please don't tell me they killed off the only character I thought was nice.
>>
File: octopus ass.jpg (118KB, 1440x810px)
octopus ass.jpg
118KB, 1440x810px
>>15457341
>>
>>15457360
Nah, Ikargen took one tentacle of her when she blew up, and Octopi can regenerate, so she'll be back.
>>
>>15457378
Okay good. I haven't watched anything past episode 7 yet as I'm in a weird spot with Kyu currently, so I'm waiting for a few episodes to be out so I can watch them at once.

It's nice to know she isn't gone for good yet.
>>
File: dserdtfgyhuijk.gif (89KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
dserdtfgyhuijk.gif
89KB, 500x280px
>>15457329
>>
>>15457378
In fact she's in next weeks preview.
>>
one more for the fans
>>
File: 1491245883224.jpg (78KB, 622x240px) Image search: [Google]
1491245883224.jpg
78KB, 622x240px
>>
File: 62498014_p0_master1200.jpg (258KB, 584x867px) Image search: [Google]
62498014_p0_master1200.jpg
258KB, 584x867px
>>
File: 62465341_p1_master1200.jpg (365KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
62465341_p1_master1200.jpg
365KB, 768x1024px
>>
File: 62420871_p0_master1200.jpg (357KB, 1200x682px) Image search: [Google]
62420871_p0_master1200.jpg
357KB, 1200x682px
>>
File: 62369259_p0_master1200.jpg (364KB, 1200x875px) Image search: [Google]
62369259_p0_master1200.jpg
364KB, 1200x875px
>>
>>
File: 62296409_p0.jpg (631KB, 2034x650px) Image search: [Google]
62296409_p0.jpg
631KB, 2034x650px
>>15457409
>>
File: 62223099_p1_master1200.jpg (640KB, 1032x729px) Image search: [Google]
62223099_p1_master1200.jpg
640KB, 1032x729px
>>
File: 62118681_p0.png (665KB, 1096x1132px) Image search: [Google]
62118681_p0.png
665KB, 1096x1132px
>>
File: 62134199_p0.png (175KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
62134199_p0.png
175KB, 600x550px
tired now
sources are on the filenames you should know how to find them
>>
File: 1490001611582.jpg (131KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1490001611582.jpg
131KB, 1000x750px
>>
>>15457435
retard whore
>>
I'm only watching kyu for dragondaddy
>>
>>15457456
Good taste.
>>
File: 2harro.jpg (142KB, 1440x834px)
2harro.jpg
142KB, 1440x834px
>>15457456
>>15457477
HARRO EVARIBODEE
>>
>>15457414
Is there face actor art with Dragon and Kotaro doing cute things with the team yet?
>>
File: 62437810_p0.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
62437810_p0.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>15457484
not many
>>
4chanx is acting like shit again

>>15457484
>>15457492
I doubt they'd also make the kid actor join the face actors in their romp, sadly
>>
>>15457499
I'm sure the full team will get plenty of cute art together.

A lot of candids with the actors is unlikely though.
>>
>>15457499
You getting that hiccup were the submit box hitches on a random number?
>>
File: 62434953_p0.png (1MB, 1000x1000px)
62434953_p0.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
in fact, these 2 were the only good ones I found

but these are from pixiv, there must be something else from twitter or something
but sadly I don't know the good pages for that
>>
>>15457503
yep

>>15457502
they don't even make the voice actors of the suit actors join the romp, I doubt they'd make a kid join them

it's for public photos for the actors to advertise anyway, so it's expected
>>
>>15457499
>using 4chanx
>>
>>15457480
Hello, best character.
>>
File: Kyuranger 10_00_07_20.899.jpg (256KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
Kyuranger 10_00_07_20.899.jpg
256KB, 1440x810px
>>15457505
>>
>>15457735
>>15457735
>>15457735
>>
File: b1PKR9x.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px)
b1PKR9x.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>15457372
Thread posts: 358
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.