[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looks like they're finally ready to turn the Empire int

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 14

Looks like they're finally ready to turn the Empire into Zeon in canon material.

Are you ready /m/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA
>>
File: 1492302609041.jpg (31KB, 548x536px) Image search: [Google]
1492302609041.jpg
31KB, 548x536px
This is such a middle-finger to all the people who shelled out for the last game. There's not a snowball's chance in hell that this won't be exactly the same game with all the content you expected, but never got. It's like everyone bought a 60$(+) beta for the "full" version which, incidentally, is also 60$(+).
>>
>>15448803
>Looks like they're finally ready to turn the Empire into Zeon
What does that even mean?
>>
File: theylivemain3.png (418KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
theylivemain3.png
418KB, 640x360px
>>15448840

>Reminder that EA has the rights to all future Star Wars games

Really activated my almonds
>>
>>15448840
>EA
you expect anything else
>>
File: George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif (495KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif
495KB, 500x375px
>>15448840
>>15448988
Yeah, we're gonna be stuck with those clowns for a while. It's a wonder that only Traveller's Tales gets to do anything without putting up with EA.
>>
>>15448803
As cynical as I am towards this game, the campaign writer is apparently the same guy who wrote spec ops.
So that's potentially interesting.
>>
>>15448803

It's got a campaign mode, so I may actually bother with it. I don't touch arena-only shit.
>>
>>15449544
Can't wait to white phosphorus some filthy rebels
>>
Wasn't Zeon based on the Empire with a heavy coat of Nazi Germany paint in the first place?
>>
>>15449613
I've not heard that. Star Wars came out in 77, so I don't know how much that would have influenced the original idea for Gundam.
I've always seen them as a fairly heavy Nazi germany analogue, even in some of the tech.
>>
If the campaign is half as good as old Battlefront 2's was I'm sold. I just hope it's more of the old bot match style and less the CoD wannabe setpiece style.
>>
>>15448803

Does it even matter if they add space battles, classes and single player etc if the core gameplay is still a casualed up snooze fest?

The dogfighting gave you no control over your craft, you just kinda flew behind someone and held down fire until they exploded, and hope no one did it to you. until of course someone randomly got the hero pickup and was then able to effortlessly mow down 40 dudes.

It's gonna be like BF1, all the trailers and hands on make it feel like they're taking the game in a fresh direction, but when it get's down to it, it's the same tired shit wrapped in a reskin.
>>
>>15449632
Supposedly an entire studio is working on new flight mechanics, and they're looking to make this play closer to Battlefield 1.
>>
>>15449636
You say that like it's a good thing
>>
>>15449636
>and they're looking to make this play closer to Battlefield 1

Dropped like a colony.
>>
File: watch those wrist rockets.jpg (256KB, 680x721px) Image search: [Google]
watch those wrist rockets.jpg
256KB, 680x721px
>>15448803
Neat looking cinematic, but not neat enough to sell me on an EA shooter. I'll wait until they show some maps and single player modes.
>>
File: 1488305704755.gif (856KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
1488305704755.gif
856KB, 250x200px
>>15448840
People who shelled out for the last game knew exactly what they were going to get. We knew they was going to be no single player, only a few maps, no real character customization, no depth and usurious DLC. It was made by EA at the last minute, with the sole directive to get the game out before TFA got to theaters.

You paid $60 + $50 for the privilege of taking part in an advertising campaign for a movie. That's it. They didn't trick you, they didn't lie to you.
>>
>>15449652
Since its EA I won't trust them at all until the game its been out at least for a week or two, just to make sure the damned thing works
Dodged a bullet with Battlefield 4
>>
>>15449618
>I've always seen them as a fairly heavy Nazi germany analogue
The Empire represented America, straight from George Lucas. The Rebels were the Viet Cong.

The whole Empire = Nazi thing is a EU idea, though it's now accurate enough in new SW media it was never the original intention.
>>
So they're trying to go the Titanfall 2 route with this, by putting all the stuff they took out of the first game and making it look like they listened? Alright then.

I'll just wait for it to hit £20 on sale and pick it up then.
>>
The Rebel alliance is made up of self-loathing Jedi who blame the Empire for every ill in the galaxy, and politicians suffering from power-envy, bitter that the galaxy's only power can do what it likes without having to ask permission. The truth is that the Empire has behaved with enormous restraint since the Battle of Yavin. Remember, remember.

Remember the gut-wrenching holos of weeping stormtroopers phoning their partners to say, "I love you," before the station was destroyed. Remember those people leaping to their deaths from safety-pod hatches with no safety pods installed.

Remember the hundreds of droids buried alive.

Remember the smiling face of that beautiful girl who was in one of the detention cells. Remember, remember - and realise that the Empire has never retaliated for the destruction of the Death Star in anything like the way it could have.

So a few Rebels got locked without a trial in cellblock 1138? Pass the Kleenex.

So some Gungan wedding receptions were shot up after they merrily fired their blasters in a sky full of Empire shuttles? A shame, but maybe next time they should stick to confetti.

Remember, remember, the Death Star. One of the greatest atrocities in human history was committed against the Empire.

No, do more than remember. Never forget!
>>
>>15448803
Absolutely fucking not. Advertisers are not allowed here, piss off EA.

Reported.
>>
>>15449613
>>15449618
Not that I know. As much as Star Wars was indeed one of the inspirations for Gundam, the Empire is never said to be that heavy of a influence in the making of Zeon. YAS commented in one of the Origin books that one the main inspirations to Zeon was Imperial Japan, aesthetically speaking, he said in other interview that he got inspiration on 19th century uniforms, mainly Prussian ones. Nazification/Germanization of Zeon started happening in early 80's, when some young otaku fans started working in titles of the series, being the case with War in the Pocket.

In Star Wars case, one of the main inspirations of Lucas in making the Empire was that decaying empire from the Foundation series of books by Isaac Asimov. Aesthetically, John Mollo, costume designer from the original movie, said that Lucas asked him to make something in the lines of generic fascists, without making the connection with ww2 germany too obvious:
>We agreed early on that the army should have a booted look, like the Germans in 1939, but actually their tunics look more like the 1914-18 ones. They’re cut longer. You try not to make the connection too obvious.
>Uniforms are really difficult to make so that they look good. It’s very easy to make them look bad, Basically, George wanted the Empire to look like Fascists, and the rebels like casual Americans. The storm troopers are in white instead of black so it’s less obvious. Their headgear is a cross between a flying helmet and a gas mask. Their costumes are guite flimsy, really.
>>
>>15450072
Is it Disney Advertisers when the Episode VIII trailer is posted on /m/?
>>
The Empire can't be Zeon because it was the actual established power in the galaxy for 20 years, Zeon was always the underdog

However yes, this is empirewank but it's fine because we haven't had such a thing since that comic that displayed the empire liberating outer rim shitty worlds from their tyrants
>>
>>15450612
Honestly, some Empirewank will be a breath of fresh air for this franchise so I see it as a good thing.
>>
I'm not familiar with the SW fanbase at all but is there a phenomenon where most people side with the obvious bad guys and like the aesthetic, characters and whatnot better than the good guys like with Zeon?
>>
File: swi-153-pg09.jpg (825KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
swi-153-pg09.jpg
825KB, 1280x1811px
>>15450641
Maybe
>>
>>15450641

That seems to be the case in real life too, most people are actual crypto-fascists
>>
>>15450641
Yeah, because the Empire and Zeon don't look as dopey as their counterparts and they always get the coolest stuff.
>>
>>15450201
I really love John Mollos illustrations. As great as Ralph mcquarrie was it's sad how everyone else that worked on the film gets overlooked
>>
>>15450649
Kek, that graph makes too much sense.
>>
>>15450641
yeah most people can tell the difference between fiction and reality so they can enjoy fictional villains
>>
File: lsh7tn5lddq2vyrnnbdi[1].png (594KB, 800x548px) Image search: [Google]
lsh7tn5lddq2vyrnnbdi[1].png
594KB, 800x548px
>>15450641
It probably has to do more with whether a country is civilized or not.
>>
>>15449666
Don't you mean people who didn't shell out? Why would one have bought the game if they knew all that to begin with?
>>
I want Star Wars to just get stale and die already, but I don't suppose that's going to happen before it does for Marvel.
>>
File: Standard_rebel_soldiers.jpg (32KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
Standard_rebel_soldiers.jpg
32KB, 800x451px
>>15450658
>because the Empire and Zeon don't look as dopey as their counterparts

HEY!

I-i l-like those rebel bike helmets!
>>
>>15450830
>tfw rebel uniforms are just gray coveralls and a vest
>>
>>15450830
What did they base those weird helmets on, anyway? I think I saw something vaguely similar worn by US Navy in World War 2, but that's it.
>>
File: Navy helmet.jpg (88KB, 740x610px) Image search: [Google]
Navy helmet.jpg
88KB, 740x610px
>>15451089
Probably old navy helmets. Maybe a bit of the East German helmet.
>>
>>15451089

well, as mentioned earlier in the thread, if the rebels were meant to be vaguely Viet Kong-ish, then those helmets do sorta looks vaguely reminicent of some of the old pith helmets used in the old colonial theaters... But like, a spacey version... which is good for biking...
>>
>>15450064

> Remember the hundreds of droids buried alive

You could construct an entire Death Stat out of every droid carcass in the galaxy, then light the whole thing on fire using their own oil and piss on the remains and the only thing 99.9999999% recurring would have to say would be minor frustration there isn't a handy astromech to input calculations for them or scratch their ass. Star Wars people are stunningly blase about droid cruelty.
>>
File: artoo sets his enemies on fire.gif (2MB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
artoo sets his enemies on fire.gif
2MB, 500x250px
>>15451135
oh sure, everybody goes on and on about sentient-on-droid "cruelty" but nobody talks about the drastically higher statistics of droid-on-droid acts
>>
>>15449621
They'll have to actually do really good with this game, for me. I wanted to believe Battlefront 1 would be good because I loved the first series so much. But they let me down hard like the fucking kikes EA are. If it isn't at least as good gameplay-wise as Battlefront II and as good looking and sounding as the EA reboot, I will tell them to fuck off and no fucking shills are going to change my mind.
>>
>>15450641

The Empire is a bit of an odd situation when it comes to liking them. Where they were generally rather cruel and were under the direct command of an utterly monstrous Sith Lord, they brought a truly sustainable peace to the galaxy and had managed to snuff of most crime in the core regions, as well as keeping a leash on the more active crime rings like the Black Sun. With the Rebel Alliances actions to have them pulled from power, the entire galaxy is driven in utter chaos and countless billions are sacrificed to bring about a generally pointless change in management for the core regions.

Its a bit like the situation present with the AEUG and Titans from Zeta Gundam.

The AEUGs actions were ultimately well intentioned and while a reformation sounded good on paper, what did it really bring in the end? Well over two billion killed from Hamans rise to power and without the Titans to guard many areas of Earth, many radical orginizations like the African Liberation Front and Anaheim Electronics were allowed run completely unopposed.

The Titans, while cruel and vicious in its efforts to keep the world under its heel, kept the Earth in a state of peace from potential Zeon remnants organizations and allowed for Earth to begin rebuilding without threat of sudden attack. The Gryps war ended with about 80 to 90 million killed in a year and a half period. Without anyone to protect Earth, Axis killed well over 20% of the remaining population on Earth in a matter of months, much like how in the old Star Wars Legends canon, the Yuuzang Von killed countless trillions of innocents without anyone to fight back against them.

In short, either intentionally or unintentionally, many realize that such radical changes bring the risk of greater tragedies, no matter how bad the current system may be.
>>
>>15448803
Does that mean we are finally getting Empirewank?
>>
>>15452233
Source for those figures?
>>
>>15450658
>Zeon gets the Dom, Acguy, Z'Gok, and a number of other fun suits
>The Feddies slap a gun on top of a ball and call it a day.
>>
>>15452295
Don't be dissing on the Ball zeke scum
>>
File: 119.jpg (36KB, 562x437px) Image search: [Google]
119.jpg
36KB, 562x437px
>>15448803
>3-4hr campaign probably thrown in as an afterthought
>inevitable dlc out the ass
>no mod/custom maps support
I'll stick to Battlefront 2 (the original), thanks.
>>
File: 1490512316231.jpg (136KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490512316231.jpg
136KB, 1280x1024px
>>15452295
How dare you insult the mighty Ball you filthy Zeek
>>
>>15452280

For the Zeta/ZZ conflict losses or the one from Star Wars?

Star War figures just come from the fact the Yuuzang Vong proceeded to glass most of the surface of Corrucant and many of the inner rim worlds as they were ripping into the galaxy.

The Gryps Wars losses have generally been kind of dicey, but have been discussed in Gundam Sentinel and to a lesser degree, ZZ itself and its Novelization getting into the degree of attacks during the conflict.

Zeta: Ranged to be around 80-90 million, this includes the 30th bunch incident from 0085 as well, which starts the death count at about 10 million. Include the early Karaba and AEUG raids on the Earth surface before and during the events of Zeta. Then we have the colony gassing attacks from operation Apollo and later the colony laser attacks from Bask's forces. If we assume each colony was filled to capacity on each one of those colonies, the losses would be roughly over 40-50 million from those alone. Add in potential fighting on Earth during the Dakar coup, it evens out to the final tally we have.

ZZ: ZZ is a bit more difficult to get a real number down on it. In the Novelization of ZZ, apparenty Africa has the highest population density on the planet compared to other areas, mostly for political reasons. Because the Federation and its officals are elected by a direct democracy system and areas with the highest population densities get the highest delegation counts, the Federation incensed massive population growth in these areas, then offered major government funded welfare programs to keep the general population in its pockets. As a result, Africa alone holds well over 25-30% of the planets total population by ZZ. When Hamans forces began occupying territory, namely Dakar, radical followers of Zeon and the African Liberation Front chapters began commiting mass acts of genocide across Africa and the Middle East, until the E.F was able to reorganize to fight back.
>>
>>15452319
>no mod/custom maps support
That's one of the best things about the original games. There's literally hundreds of maps and custom eras (i.e. BFX, Dark Times, KOTOR) that have kept the gameplay fresh and interesting for the past decade.

Sucks we don't see that level of support in most modern games.
>>
>>15452337
Sorry, I should have clarified, I was asking about Zeta and ZZ. You're going a bit overboard with some of the assumptions. From what we do know, 30 bunch had a death toll of 3 million.

>Gundamofficial
https://archive.li/9qTDA
>Mark Simmons' timeline
https://archive.li/8ftTD

>Include the early Karaba and AEUG raids on the Earth surface before and during the events of Zeta.
There's maybe several thousand dead? There weren't too many large scale battles like the Jaburo drop or Operation Apollo, and most of the fighting was between mobile suit forces rather than with infantry or in densely populated areas.

>Then we have the colony gassing attacks from operation Apollo
What? No such thing happened. Operation Apollo was when the Titans occupied the city of Von Braun in episode 23.

There was an attempted colony gassing but that was 6 episodes later, and it ended in failure with the canisters destroyed. However, according to the website timeline the Titans do succeed in gassing colony 21 at Side 2 in episode 41.

>and later the colony laser attacks from Bask's forces
The colony laser isn't introduced until episode 39, and destroyed one colony in episode 40.

All in all, there's maybe 25 million dead? I see 3 million dead at 30 bunch, then we're assuming that both colonies at side 2 that were destroyed were packed full at 10 million (Londenion had a population of just 5 million for an "old city") and 2 million would cover the rest of the miscellaneous events and skirmishes. I can't see a tally as high as 50 million dead, though.
>>
>>15452467
Strange, I was going off of the Gihrens Greed series that noted the final loss count at Side 1 30 bunch was at 10 million, but it seems 3 million is the actual canon amount.

I was also off on Operation Apollo, I had recalled a colony was successfully gassed, but that may have been the one Reccoa and her unit aided in during episode 41.

Also I appreciate the link the timeline, I was unaware all of this was archived in english somewhere.

50 million from onscreen conflict seems reasonable, though I still imagine many of the small skirmishes across the globe would have bolstered the numbers to at least he 80 million lost line. Given how it only took about a month to wipe out well over 7 billion people in the first month of the One Year War, those numbers are not terrible all thing considered.
>>
>>15450751
To show off their gamer nerd cred and that they're a hueg Star Wars fan.
>>
>>15450751
>Why would one have bought the game if they knew all that to begin with?
Because fans are retarded.
Especially Star Wars fans.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.