[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It was pretty good... for FSS fans. For normal people th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1491768550876.jpg (404KB, 2000x1411px) Image search: [Google]
1491768550876.jpg
404KB, 2000x1411px
>It was pretty good... for FSS fans. For normal people there wasn't enough action to keep them interested, and the ending had a bunch of FSS characters and their mecha show up which made them WTF even more. On the technical side of things it was pretty much as perfect as Nagano wanted. A lot of people were bothered by how expressive the facial animation was (i.e. lots of different types of blinking and eye movement) and there were occasionally a few scenes where the camera would just stay in one spot as characters moved around, which is also atypical for an anime. The sound design was apparently really layered, and the start-up sequence for the GTM was that of an actual jet engine that apparently wowed a lot of people.

This review from Toshio Okada (the Gainax Otaking) gives a pretty good idea of what the movie is like:

http://blog.freeex.jp/archives/51363398.html

just release it PLEASE
>>
>>15445684
blu-ray never
>>
>>15445684
I'm pretty sure it's good since it was praised by Makoto Kobayashi, Akiman, Urobuchi, and various others on Twitter, but like anything with Nagano it sits in his vault forever.
>>
>>15445684
So now that there's a precedent for releasing anime on 4K BDs is Nagano finally going to let us own this or is it forever stuck inside his vault?
>>
This wqs only privately shown and not released to the public?! Didn't hear about a new FSS project.
>>
>>15446591
Have you been living under a rock?
>>
File: C9nrpgpUMAAOep7.jpg large.jpg (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
C9nrpgpUMAAOep7.jpg large.jpg
1MB, 1440x1080px
This is cool and all, but if you can get me that late 80s FSS short OVA (not the movie) directed by Nagano and animated by Anno, then we'll talk.
>>
>>15446711
Was it actually made?
>>
>>15446158
>now that there's a precedent for releasing anime on 4K BDs

The only other anime that's ever been released on a UHD so far has been Thunderbolt, and that was mastered in 4K to begin with.
>>
>>15446735
they're almost done
>>
I will hunt down and destroy an original cast of each WSC kit for this fucking thing to be released
>>
I remenber reading here that Gotchimade is still airing in some IMAX theater in Japan from time to time.
Does anybody know where to look for a schedule?
>>
>>15447559
Don't worry about that, the retcons already did it for you.
>>
>>15446735
It would've, had Honneamise not flopped so hard that it forced Gainax to make Gunbuster to recoup costs.
>>
File: 4b5e5221c9a3d_l.jpg (199KB, 789x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4b5e5221c9a3d_l.jpg
199KB, 789x1024px
>>15448561
Where's the image from anyway?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.