[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There are plenty of mecha series and films about a wide variety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
>There are plenty of mecha series and films about a wide variety of topics and featuring numerous themes beyond just violence and action
>There are a healthy amount of general cyberpunk/sci-fi flicks and series dealing with transhumanism and cybernetics in a thoughtful manner also
>There are literally no anime series whatsoever focusing on robots in particular that aren't just mindless action crap

What gives? Why the lack of any significant, thoughtful works dealing with artificial life? Does Japan just not have an interest in machines unless there's a human element present like with cyborgs or piloted mecha?

I know I'm being hyperbolic and that Tezuka did some stuff with regards to this, but he's literally the only example I can think of - and even then his works often dipped into action.
>>
>>15443903
Wait so are you looking for a series based around robots that is more than just action all the time or do you want one that is NO action?
>>
There is Straight Title Robot Anime, I guess. Then everyone in it dies.
>>
>>15443912
Just a series focusing primarily on robots (or even just one robot as the protag) that isn't a straight up action series.

I really dunno what prompted this in me, but its been bugging me all day now that I've noticed how few series are like that.
>>
>>15443903
sup Clawshrimpy
>>
A.I. Love You is about a gynoid and has little (no?) action that I can recall, but it's also pretty shit. Then there's Android Announcer Maico 2010, Robot Carnival, Time of Eve, and a lot of Tezuka's stuff too.

But yeah robot focused works are rare, you mostly just get one off robot characters in sci fi series.
>>
>>15443915
There's Mahoromatic which is a SoL about a robot maid. It has occasional action but I wouldn't call it an action series, and I also wouldn't call it particularly good.
>>
>>15443922
clawshrimpy wouldn't have been able to stop his autistic ranting about super robot shows long enough to type an OP that coherent
>>
>>15443930
Come to think of it, there is also that manga called Yuria Shiki 100. It is quite lewd though.
>>
>>15443938
It's a cute kinda lewd though.
Sexbots breaking out of their creepy inventor's lab and trying to find love without letting their programming fuck it all up was a really good premise for a comedy-ecchi series.

Also I cannot fucking believe I forgot to mention Chobits.
>>
>>15443946
On that note, it seems Maico's manga actually does deal with the main gal being a sex android.
>The anime version differs from the manga, with less sexual themes, and no crime fighting involved. Also, there is no mention of her being a sexdroid, and Rei is never introduced.
>>
>>15443946
>Also I cannot fucking believe I forgot to mention Chobits
I can believe it, no one above the age of 13 should read that trash
>>
>>15443955
That's why you watch the anime fampai
>>15443953
Huh, I never read the manga so I didn't know about that. Weird.
>>
>>15443960
Luckily, it's only 4 volumes long, although I guess the channel the anime aired on wanted to keep things clean.
>>
Yokohama Kaidashi kikou / Quiet Country Café : Iyashikei anime about an android in a post end-of-the-world Japan, where humanity is slowly disappearing.
>>
>>15443903
Time of Eve
Roujin-Z
Dinagiga

Also I guess GitS and Appleseed has some stuff on the side when they're not shooting motherfuckers.
>>
>>15443903
There's a ova called Eve no Jikan (don't know If i wrote the name right) that you'll like
>>
>>15443981
The manga it's based on is much longer, too, so the OVAs are the tip of the iceberg.

Also, Real Drive involves at least one android.
>>
Metropolis centers on a robot character

Also Astro Boy, but maybe that's considered mindless action crap nowadays
>>
>>15443903
>There are literally no anime series whatsoever focusing on robots in particular that aren't just mindless action crap
What are you pissed at in particular?
>>
>>15443915
There's Time of Eve motherfucker what the fuck do you even anime bitch holy shit jesus christ oh my god.
>>
>>15444125
I'm not pissed at anything.
>>
>tfw no patlabor spinoff about construction workers
>>
Shinkis and FAGs
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.