[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Godzilla have emotions? Is he capable of abstract thought?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 435542562.jpg (89KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
435542562.jpg
89KB, 750x500px
Does Godzilla have emotions? Is he capable of abstract thought? Or does he have a primitive reptilian brain only capable of simple thoughts such as "hungry" and "attack" ?

Can he feel sad, happy, or upset?
>>
>>15440559
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI
>>
>>15440559
Depends on the movie
>>
>>15440559
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY79KGbvpOw
>>
>original- no, he's a force of nature
>the rest of Showa, give or take- definitely, especially towards the end
>'90s Heisei- maybe? I'm leaning towards no, maybe parental concern for Junior
>the '00s movies- probably not in most of them. That said, in Final Wars Minilla's actions suggest the species can feel affection and the big lug spares the protagonists
>Shin- nothing but pain
>>
File: Godzilla Totem.jpg (836KB, 1280x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla Totem.jpg
836KB, 1280x1046px
>>15440559
His kids probably would have gotten there eventually.
>>
I wonder which monster was the most intelligent?
>>
>>15440776
Gamera, Mothra or King Caesar
>>
>>15440776
Not a Toho's one that for sure
>>
>yfw people say that Shin was funny
>>
>>15441750
hahaha holy shit do you think Brazil isn't supposed to funny too
>>
>>15440559
>Can he feel sad, happy, or upset?
only angery
>>
File: Godzilla-dancing-gif.gif (669KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla-dancing-gif.gif
669KB, 500x213px
>implying this isn't the happiest motherfucker ever
>>
>>15441750

I thought of this the entire film

I just watched it last night, what about it is funny, exactly? I mean, the whole bureaucracy thing is sometimes
>>
>>15441944
>>15441750
The beginning was supposed to be a dark comedy/satire.
>>
>>15441956

satire of what? I mean, if you mean the incompetency of the government's response I can kinda see that, but it didn't come off as all that incompetent anyway so, like, explain?
>>
>>15440559
He felt parental in 67
He felt guilty in 64 when him and Rodan watched Mothra Larvae go and fight Ghidorah by itself.
He felt sadness when Godzilla Jr was killed in front of him in 95.

But if you watched any of the fucking film you'd know this.
>>
>>15440857
>Gamera
I'll give it to you. Both Showa and Heisei Gameras were smart enough to figure things out.
>Mothra
I'll give it to you.

>King Caesar
>Fucker tried to REFLECT MISSILES then hid behind a rock and stood there when the rock was sliced in half while fighting MechaGodzilla
>GFW King Caesar got butthurt Anguirus was knocked out by a hill, ran at Godzilla, only to be thrown and K.O'd.
>>
He gets pissed
>>
>>15441750
>>15441944
>>15441965
Did you watch an alternate cut of the movie that didn't contain "Meeting Omitted," the numerous times that they hold meetings in order to decide to hold another meeting with the same people in a different room in ten minutes time, or the giant chain of "Requesting permission to fire," that included three people who were in the same room? How about an entire sequence of armless, googly-eyed juvenile Godzilla flopping around and smashing his face into buildings?

How obvious does a joke have to be before you get it? Did you just look at the final Godzilla design and the nighttime attack and form your entire opinion around those without watching the movie?
>>
>>15440769
I wonder how many bricks the investigation team shat when they found those in the post-incident investigation.
>>
>>15442150
>He felt parental in 67
Not exactly an explicit sign that he has emotions. Don't basic reptiles and other animals protect their young?
>He felt guilty in 64 when him and Rodan watched Mothra Larvae go and fight Ghidorah by itself.
I doubt it was "guilt," he probably saw king ghidorah as a threat and just happened to gang up with the others against it out of aggressiveness
>He felt sadness when Godzilla Jr was killed in front of him in 95.
He just stared and him and made a low roar. I watched that scene. Maybe it's because the suit was stiff, but he didn't do shit. He was also melting a lot and proceeded to fight right after.

He didn't seem sad at all at junior's death.
>>
>>15440750
As far as Millennium goes, GMK's an avatar of rage and frustration over Japan's tendency towards warcrime denialism, and Kiryu Saga Goji's entire motivation is that he's mad about the military defiling his ancestor's remains. Godzilla 2000 killing Orga the MIB way is very much in line with Godzilla's Showa-era intelligence.
>>
>>15443078
>I doubt it was "guilt," he probably saw king ghidorah as a threat and just happened to gang up with the others against it out of aggressiveness

Did you forget the entire Monster conversation scene where Godzilla and Rodan explain that they think humans are bullying little assholes and that they don't care if Ghidorah kills them all?

>He just stared and him and made a low roar. I watched that scene. Maybe it's because the suit was stiff, but he didn't do shit. He was also melting a lot and proceeded to fight right after.

He tried breathing life into him with wisps of radioactive energy being exchanged between them and when that didn't work and Junior died, he started roaring and shooting beams in anger at the loss of his son.
>>
>>15442694
You forgot the part where there's a giant fucking monster attacking the city and the PM goes "got to get priorities right... Bring me my blue jumpsuit, we're holding a press conference!"
>>
File: SHINji nishikawa.jpg (128KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
SHINji nishikawa.jpg
128KB, 960x719px
>1954
engine f]of destruction, not much to it
>rest of showa
shows gradual growth in emotion, and intelligence. by DAM and Gigan he can stratigize with other monsters to beat an opponent, also shown to care for other monsters like minya and anguirus and be pissed when titanosaurus steps on the kids
>heisei
just like showa, gradual growth. he obviously feels sadness and pain when baby rejects him at first in MG2 (and smiles when he comes with him) and anger when spaceG and destroyah harm jr

>Millennium
GMK godzilla is pretty much just a tool for ghosts, but for the rest hes pretty smart for this series.
>knows katagiri is the one who gives him the most shit and targets him
>megaguirus he has to figure out how to beat a monster who is much faster and his beam doesnt work on, this is probably him at his smartest
>GxMG/SOS: goes to shinegawa because he knows kiryus bones are 54, arguably the reason he came back in 1999 was the bones they caught
>FinalWars: he obviously has emotion because he follows minyas stand down, he also uses anguirus' greatest strength to defeat the trio and figures out that kamacuras is hiding through camouflage
>>
>>15443078
>Maybe it's because the suit was stiff, but he didn't do shit. He was also melting a lot and proceeded to fight right after.
i know destroyah messes up at roughly 90% of what that movie tired to do, but making godzilla actually look sad is one of the few things it does get good

of course he fights right after, hes angry and he wants to kill destroyah. they even explcitly say he is crying and a few drops fall
>>
>>15440559
He has a kid.
>>
>>15445949
So a no.
>>
File: 1123243523211.png (325KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1123243523211.png
325KB, 500x300px
>>15441827
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.