[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /m/'s opinion on her decisions and philosophies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: 1429007420553.jpg (67KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1429007420553.jpg
67KB, 848x480px
What is /m/'s opinion on her decisions and philosophies?

Are they logical or just plain retarded?
>>
She gets assassinated in the novels?
>>
>>15440207
Retarded, especially if her goal was to end conflict.
>>
>>15440207
>zeek
>good decisions
>>
>>15440216

Her goal wasn't to end conflict, as in all fighting ever - just to stop people using Zeon and her family as an excuse to start old wars again and to put Spacenoid/Earthnoid shit in the past.

She originally wanted to stop the Sleeves because she thought Frontal wanted a new war, and then because he revealed he was just gonna turn the tables and make Earth the poor shit hole that'd inevitably rise up against the Spacenoid elite in a few decades.
>>
>>15440223
I know it wasn't to end conflict forever, just to put an end to the Spacenoid/Earthnoi daffair.

But she just handed every Spacenoid with a chip on their shoulder perfect justification.
>>
>>15440225

Zeonfag detected.
>>
>>15440225

Those same Spacenoids would have seen anything as perfect justification. She was speaking to the more reasonable ones and asking them not to use the box as justification.
>>
>>15440227
Far from it. I meant perfect justification as in they could use it to personally justify their actions and military/terrorist activities. For a violent dissident, it's the perfect gift. While covering it up removed it's ability to be used by the Republic of Zeon as blackmail, it would have sparked a huge outrage that just never seems to have been thought about. It was hugely irresponsible to broadcast.
>>
>>15440234
>While not covering up

I meant. Sorry a bit tired.

>>15440233
The thing about people who'd use violence for such things is that they'd use anything as justification. And Mineva just handed them (stupidly, forced into the setting) actual justification for being upset.
>>
>>15440238

Like you just said, violent people will use anything as justification. So whether the box existed or not those people ere going to use violence. They didn't need the justification of the box, and had rebelled multiple times in the past irregardless of the boxes existence.
>>
>>15440207
I've completed Unicorn a long time ago.
Her descisions are retarded, because:
-Nothing changes neither for spacenoids, nor for earthnoids - the economical roots of conflict are still not removed and that's main thing.
-Japs couldn't make their adaptation close to the original story, so, probably certain motives are mistold
-Japs can't into realistic stories about politics.

>>15440223
>just to stop people using Zeon and her family as an excuse to start old wars again
What's the problem? The wars are starting because of the clash of economical interests.
>>
gundam philosophies are always childish
>>
>>15440378
I think that students of history and politology should be observing the process of writing sci-fi stories.
But that's just a dream for my perfect imaginary world
>>
>>15440501
Not necessarily so, it's just that Mineva's choices don't make any sense at times, or are even misguided if you really want to stretch it
>>
>>15440225
>>15440233
>>15440234
>>15440238
Would the reveal of the box actually cause a massive riot or conflict between spacenoids and earthnoids?
It says that if theres a new evolution of man the Federation has to work with them and put them in the sistem
Makes me wonder what was the big deal about it. unless the Vist Foundation overhyped it so that the Feds would be scared of it
I think the result would be a massive amount of people self-procalming themselves as Newtypes just so they could get a fancy job in the Federation
>>
>>15440207
Why the fuck does she have any political power at all even as a symbol after Char roasted the Zabis in his speech?
>>
>>15442073
Why would the son of Zeon be worth listening to when the (grand)daughter of Zabi is not?

Not like people make logical decisions about what symbols they rally around or why; it's been 150 years since the American Civil War and retards down here still wave the Confederate battle flag or w/e around like it means something other than 'I hate niggers' anymore.
>>
>>15440375

Not all wars in UC are because of economics. Delaz and Char didn't start conflicts because of economics. And while Haman did, she also used Mineva and the Zabis as a direct rallying call. Which is basically always necessary for wars ultimately motivated by economic causes, because if someone went out and shouted "I should be in charge and have millions, help me kill these people and get my millions" no-one would listen. They do if you use the right symbol though. Mineva was trying to stop people using her, her family and Zeon itself as a symbol.
>>
>>15440207
>I want to end conflict
>I'll use the evil mobile suit Gundam to do it
plain retarded
>>
File: 44173330_p6.jpg (234KB, 1024x725px) Image search: [Google]
44173330_p6.jpg
234KB, 1024x725px
>>15442262
WHATEVER IT TAKES
>>
>>15442262
>I'll use the evil mobile suit Gundam to do it
Nu Gundam wasn't able bathe in blood so it came back three years later instead of slumbering
>>
>>15442262

What? It's not like that was a thing she said or wanted.
>>
Mineva is the best part of Unicorn's narrative and the best Peas Pringles in Gundam.

Not that that says much, but it's true.

>>15442278
>that smug
Ha-Haman-sama?
>>
>>15440207
She was seriously retarded. Whilst she may have been right that it might have created a new uprising from the Earth in a few decades, it wouldn't have mattered at that point. Majority of people live in space already, and in Full Frontal's plan they'd most likely encourage all those left on Earth to immigrate if possible. Most likely the only people who would opt to live on Earth are those that are unable to make the travel, or those who still have some sentimental attraction to it. I can imagine most of the Earthnoid youth would immigrate to the more prosperous Sides looking for jobs that aren't there on Earth. At which point they can worry about expanding outward into the asteroid belt and further or something. Earth would be irrelevant afterwards. In contrast, we know from Zeta, F91 and Victory, that its not always just Zeon that you have to crush, but eventually other spacenoids will start throwing a fit with the AEUG, Crossbone Vanguard and Zanscare all having different areas of support in space. There'd be much less Space-Earth conflicts in the long run with most people living in space and in control of themselves than the actual situation we get with a minority of the population on Earth being in control over everyone.
>>
File: 44173330_p8.jpg (200KB, 860x608px) Image search: [Google]
44173330_p8.jpg
200KB, 860x608px
>>15442547
>>
>>15442193
>Why would an adult that was there when it happened and fought in the war be more valid than a little shit baby of one of their generals
>>
>>15442193
>Why would the son of Zeon be worth listening to when the (grand)daughter of Zabi is not?
That's a stupid question
>>
>>15442635
>Judau and friends infiltrate Side 3 to kidnap Mineva as a bargaining chip to end the war
>Mineva literally begs Judau to rescue her and not let Haman take her back
>Because Haman would rather let Mineva die than see her fall into the hands of the enemy, Judau is forced to let Haman take her back
>Later it's revealed that the Mineva Judau encountered was a body double the entire time, while side materials show the real Mineva was sent to Earth to stay away from the conflict and receive an education

I wonder what happened to that body double after that, now that she no longer has to live in fear of whether Haman will still find her useful that day or kill her for her uselessness.
>>
File: 58328839_p0.jpg (383KB, 678x960px) Image search: [Google]
58328839_p0.jpg
383KB, 678x960px
>>15442967
She lived happily ever after with the other purus
>>
if only Char had shot her during Zeta we wouldn't have had to worry about Zabis in ZZ/unicorn
>>
I'm sorry, but Minevaism is a valid sociopolitical philosophy, the epitome of orientalism and platonism, and one day I hope will be realized in this world
>>
>>15442993
>>15442967
ReZeon should've used her to stir shit up
>>
>>15442064
It means nothing in the end because Newtypes arn't the future they become rarer and rarer as time goes on.
>>
>>15449126
Kind of similar to what happened to the mutants in x-men. They were a genetic abberation that popped up for a couple of generations and wen't the next step for mankind. They die off in Old Man Logan comic.
>>
>>15449143
They would've been fine if Wanda and Cassie Nova hadn't done some actual aberrant shit.

>OML
Wew lad, there's plenty more potential futures where muties both prosper and also die.
>>
>>15442993
>Living with newtype ladies who are also clones
What a life.
>>
>>15442633
Only thing you'd get is Spacenoid vs Spacenoid violence instead of Spacenoid vs Earthnoid. Shitheels like Jupiter are still going to be lurking about and Mars has 'yet more' Zeon remnants.
>>
File: 1454129613849.jpg (68KB, 600x417px) Image search: [Google]
1454129613849.jpg
68KB, 600x417px
>>15449126
Newtypes were always rare, they were probably working in the Federation after Unicorn
And thats probably the reason of why the Federation was severely weakened in Late UC, because having autistc children with zero knowlege of how politics work in a goverment doesn't seem like a good idea in the first place, regarless of UNDERSTANDING.
I like to imagine that during F91, Mineva, Banana and probably some other guy were trying to contac the Crossbone Vanguard so that the fighting would end, and their only answer was "muh Cosmo Babylonia"
>>
>>15449143
Old Man Logan isn't even in the same room as canon, anon.
>>
File: q.jpg (75KB, 532x1181px) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
75KB, 532x1181px
I want to FUCK that chupa pop
>>
>>15440207
What she wanted to do was rob FF and the Vist foundation of the thing that they would use to continue blackmail the federation, it wasn't about ending the war but stopping both FF from creating the stage of a new OYW only now every side would have world ending super weapon and by breaking the stranglehold the Vist foundation and AE had on the federation they would be able to move beyond their paranoia and actually work out with the spacenoids

It was honestly one of the less retarded plot points of Unicorn and I don't understand why people keep insisting she wanted to stop war when they fucked off from the earth sphere after it
>>
>>15442226
>>15442226
>Mineva was trying to stop people using her, her family and Zeon itself as a symbol.
Honestly, this. I'm surprised how many heads this went over.

Anybody that thinks Unicorn is about UNDERSTANDING is too stupid to get the most basic themes in trash anime. Unicorn was about how UNDERSTANDING, while a nice concept, doesn't and never will work in the grand scheme of things. It's about how peace is achieved by people that actually want to make the world a better place and do what's right for the people close to them, not institutions, governments, or revolutions which are almost always the source of trouble and conflict in the first place, or some vague sense of telepathic mutual comprehension.

Also part of their goal was to get the Federation to stop fearing spacenoids over the whole "newtype" thing, and seeing their behavior down the line after Unicorn, I guess they kind of succeeded.
>>
>>15449432
Its also funny because both Full Frontal and Banana were trying to UNDERSTAND each other but in the end neither ended up agreeing with the other, with FF simply giving up and dying on his own terms while Banana and Riddhe used the psyco field generated by the Neo Zeong to stop a colony laser
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.