[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think about Pluto? I don't really like Urasawa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: atom-pluto.jpg (172KB, 846x1200px) Image search: [Google]
atom-pluto.jpg
172KB, 846x1200px
What does /m/ think about Pluto?

I don't really like Urasawa and Tezuka. Can I still read it and be immersed without having read Astro boy?
>>
>>15440189

Depends. You can enjoy it without knowing a lot about Tezuka works (it may be an incentive to read some of his manga), but if you don't like the style of Urasawa it's an hard sell. It's literally 100% Urasawa mixed with a mish mash of plot and characters borrowed from Tezuka. Personally i liked it a lot.
>>
>>15440189
What is it you don't like about Urasawa, may I ask? Because it's a lot shorter than most of his stories, and a lot more focused for it
>>
>>15440189
I feel this is Urasawa's best work and the one time he didn't miserably botch the ending
>>
>>15440369

Everything was kinda meh besides the ending though.
>>
>>15440189
I liked it but was it really necessary to tease that they where going to adapt the more after world's strongest robot arc
>>
I'm a fan of urasawa (Only read monster and pluto, currently reading Billy bat though) and I can tell you Pluto lacks the unfocused issue that Monster has.

But if you dislike Urasawa and Tezuka its most likely not for you.
>>
Brau did nothing wrong, he's the true hero
>>
File: (Awkward screaming intensifies).jpg (97KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
(Awkward screaming intensifies).jpg
97KB, 1920x1080px
>>15440189
Is it just me or does the Atom from Pluto look kinda like Leo from Zone of the Enders?
>>
>>15440189
You can, but if you don't like Urasawa or Tezuka then I doubt this is going to change your mind.
>>
>>15440189
>I don't really like Urasawa and Tezuka.
Then, don't force yourself. Make your own opinion.
>>
>>15443028
How is Billy Bat? I stopped following it literal years ago.
>>
>>15440369
>I feel this is Urasawa's best wor
Better than Pineapple Army and Master Keaton?
>>
>>15445449
Yes, I genuinely believe that. But to be fair the premise and execution of Pluto is far more interesting to me than either of those.

I like Urasawa overall but to me Pluto was just a way better execution than majority of his work.
>>
>>15440389
>>15446063
>>15446397
>shitting on Urasawa
I want neo-/m/ to stop existing.
>>
File: pluto-atom-comparison.jpg (269KB, 917x617px) Image search: [Google]
pluto-atom-comparison.jpg
269KB, 917x617px
>>15440189
Pluto stars off really good, starts losing a bit of focus but then atom gets introduced and it never stops being very good from then on.

Also those designs should be the template for a live action adaptation.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.