[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've watched 8 episodes so far and I still can't decide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: dai-guard-screenshot.jpg (78KB, 440x354px) Image search: [Google]
dai-guard-screenshot.jpg
78KB, 440x354px
I've watched 8 episodes so far and I still can't decide whether I like it for its kind of semi realistic take on how much effort operating a giant robot takes, or if I'm just super bored by the apparent lack of anything happening.

What does /m/ think of it, does it improve?
>>
DAT

OP
>>
>>15439062
bitchass nigger
>>
>>15439062
I loved it, but I expected it to be dry and slow from the beginning.
Studying policy theory at the time made it more interesting?
I would say that if you're not digging the relentless 'real-take-on-a-super-robot' in the next few episodes, you may as well drop it. It doesn't have a massive swing from what I remember.
>>
>>15439062
It's a good show but if it's not your thing it's not your thing. Not everyone likes watching Super Robot Pilots fill out TPS reports.

>>15439068
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EHmbrK8KZI
>>
>>15439092
>>15439101
I enjoy the concept, I guess I'm just a little surprised at how not prevalent the office issues and paperwork seem to be. It always seems to be "don't do this you're not authorised yet" "hey yo so imma do this anyway because saving people" "well okay I guess grumble grumble"

I mean, it appears to have the trappings of corporate meddling but it's clear that simply isn't the case and that the pilots do whatever the fuck they like.

And the damage paperwork is all totally irrelevant so far aside from the humour of "look at all these forms!" so I guess it isn't yet hitting the notes I'd expected of it.

If there's actual corporate or public opinion consequences later on then I'll keep watching for sure.
>>
>>15439144
Legitimately autistic. Do yourself and all of us a favor and neck yourself.
>>
>>15439062

I absolutely adore everything about it. Honestly I can't think of anything bad to say about it when I look at the series as a whole it's just absolutely wonderful

Keep pushing just a little bit more.
>>
File: 11918359.jpg (102KB, 834x800px) Image search: [Google]
11918359.jpg
102KB, 834x800px
>>15439144
Ignore the shitposter, anon. Dai-guard is pretty well-liked here, but if it's not your cup of tea it's totaly fine.

It's been a while since I've watched the show, so I forget exactly when what happens. Has Shirota been introduced yet? There do come some public opinion consequences around the middle of the show -- specifically, the military wanting to take Dai-Gaurd back after heterodynes have become common again, and the issues surrounding that. The public opinion part comes in later after they decide to build THEIR OWN mech after not getting it back and having a public competition of sorts to see who'd the public rather have protect them. They also wind up learning more about heterodynes later on, which goes on to effect combat with them and Dai-Guard's weapons. Hope that helps you decide whether you want to keep watching or not.

Unrealted, but I really wish there was more fanart.
>>
>>15439299

Shirota was around from the start.

Shirota is best boy
>>
>>15439289
Fair enough. I certainly don't dislike it, I guess I was just a little surprised that it doesn't seem to be delivering too strongly on what I thought was its core concept so far.

>>15439299
I'm not surprised it's well liked, the concept is fairly unique and I am only a third of the way through so I'm going to stick with it.

Apparently it looks like episode 10 is where the politics really start to come into play, so I'll be looking forward to that. I'm not imagining Gasaraki-level serious political discourse but I'm hopeing for a shift towards slightly greater consequences.
>>
>>15439062
Dai-Guard is a pretty character driven show. It gets better as the characters get to develop, so yeah I'd say it improves. But, if you're not too into the characters, the action and hijinks stay more or less on the same level throughout, but the stakes and consequences of the action do get higher in the second half.

Overall it's just a pretty comfy ride though.
>>
I wouldn't mind a sequel, it pretty much had an open-ended ending.
>>
>>15441473

The ending works for the series themes because it's open ended. The heterodyne are just metaphors for natural disasters so getting rid of them for good kind of misses the point.

You can do more with the characters though, I wouldn't mind seeing them again.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.