[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how come Haruto and loli bitch were the only ones who actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: valvrave1hito_pac.jpg (444KB, 1500x968px) Image search: [Google]
valvrave1hito_pac.jpg
444KB, 1500x968px
So how come Haruto and loli bitch were the only ones who actually got affected by the whole "Valvrave eats your runes and takes away all your memories" thing?

I mean according to the timeskip fucking Saki, NEET girl, and Shouko have went by apparently hundreds of years, presumably still piloting their units, and yet they're fine? What the fuck's the deal with that?
>>
>>15431467
The other pilots knew better than going berserk and leaking runes right and left?
>>
>>15431467
Because they're explicitly the ones that supply the power for the other Valvraves. The others don't collect runes themselves and instead take it from Haruto and his Valvrave.
>>
>>15431467
Plothole or bad writing.
>>
>>15431480
Yeah but Haruto died so like what took its place?
I mean by succession, that would be Shouko's job by then but she still seems fine in the timeskip
>>
>>15431487

It was probably Shouko, but Haruto only lost it after piloting a fair few times and after fighting particularly hard. Shouko and the others may have not piloted many times over the years.
>>
>>15431487
Part of Haruto's problem was that he leaked runes like Marie. That's why they lost their memories - otherwise taking runes from other sources to fuel the Valvraves works fine.
>>
>>15431514
>Part of Haruto's problem was that he leaked runes like Marie. That's why they lost their memories -
He wasn't leaking.
>otherwise taking runes from other sources to fuel the Valvraves works fine.
Which he never did.
>>
File: 1368465747385.png (224KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1368465747385.png
224KB, 600x500px
Speaking of runes, what was that entire 'getting runes through sex' thing?

Obtaining runes in one way or another was really easy for Haruto, so why did he still job and get himself killed?
>>
>>15431534
Because he wanted to die. He wanted to be a martyr rather than make a better future for people and live with them. He could have lived but chose death.
>>
>>15431534

Didn't he refuse to harvest runes, even when Saki offered to let him take them from her? I vageuly recall him having some stupid complex about taking them even from willing people who it ultimately wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>15431546
This is some CRAAAAAAWLING IN MY SKIN level shit. What an emo.
>>
>>15431549
Yes, he was a retard with a martyr complex like >>15431546 said. SAD!
>>
>>15431467
Marie got kinda borked while being used as the guinea pig for the system, and Haruto starved himself more than advisable. The language used suggests that Valvraves can differentiate between runes for fuel and runes that constitute the being of the pilot proper, but for these two circumstances came around to give them the short end of the stick whether due to prototype problems or fatal flaws.

The finalized design was that Hito would act as the primary energy source of the Valvrave fleet, using runes collected by its pilot, sometimes triggering uncontrollable fits of bitey violence when runes aren't being collected in sufficient amounts. It's a stopgap measure of sorts enacted after Tekka, the only other Valvrave to be equipped with a RAVE engine, ended up going apeshit for reasons; instead of risking that happen across the entire fleet, Hikaminari through Hiasobi used RAVE Mirrors, which source their power from Hito's RAVE.

The implication is that by the time the series starts, the whole thing is at a stage where as long as you maintain a healthy rune intake and/or don't over exert the Valvraves, things should be fine, but even so anyone sitting in Hito's cockpit is pretty much playing living battery and is stuck with the occupational hazard of rune abyss.
>>
>>15431534
So the thing about Haruto is he's nice to a fault, and L-Elf struck a hard nerve with the whole monster thing, so he ends up with this mentality that he has to shield and protect everyone from everything even if it kills him, because he's assumed the role of protector of Module 77 by being the first to wield a Valvrave, as well as be the first to experience the space vampire voodoo surrounding it, and he's like "no I need to put everyone else's happiness before my own well being because this is the curse I bear now, fuck my life!"

And it gets so bad that he crosses a point of no return where he literally cannot pilot his Valvrave without it gradually killing himself, so he's like "fuck it, 'the candle that burns brightest' and all that" the moment he decided to stop trying to shield his friends from the truth about space vampires.

Which comes after him having an introspective moment on the moon where he comes to terms with the fact he is going to die.

Also for what it's worth Haruto wasn't being led by a staff of people who could advise him as to what the proper protocol for being a Valvrave pilot would entail at the beginning, the whole program was clandestine and he was just one of many school kids who didn't know about the shady shit down below, so a lot of times he suffered because honestly no one knew better in advance that things would cascade the way they did.

It's sorta an avalanche of tragic flaws and whatnot that coalesce into the cosmic face-egging that is Haruto's existence.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.