[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 40 episodes in, how the hell does /m/ think SEED Destiny

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

I'm 40 episodes in, how the hell does /m/ think SEED Destiny is somehow worse? Yes it had some stock footage and writing problems but this has:

-Worse characterization, the MC being a total monster
-Obnoxiously slow pacing
-2 out of 3 episodes have no action
-Sometimes action scenes are completely cut out
-The music is absolutely atrocious and borderline ear rape.
-Horrific animation
-Forced homosexual ships as determined in the endgame
-Clumsy foreshadowing

This makes me unironically miss Age, even Kio's arc. Please tell me Japan actively reviled against this mess.
>>
File: geist.jpg (133KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
geist.jpg
133KB, 640x480px
>>15430138
>the MC being a total monster
You haven't been here very long, have you? Agree with the rest though.
>>
Nope, Japan evidently loved it.
>>
>>15430234
Not what yaraon reported
>>
File: 1490668514768.jpg (134KB, 1000x753px) Image search: [Google]
1490668514768.jpg
134KB, 1000x753px
>Worse characterization,
You don't get to use Destiny's characterization when characters like Shinn, Athrun and Cagalli were all over the place because Fukuda thought Cagalli's actress was getting to close to Morosawa.

>the MC being a total monster
Mika having no characterization asides from being a murder manlet is a fair point, however.

>Obnoxiously slow pacing
A fair point. Brewers arc and the Dort arc could easily be cut down by a few episodes and still be fine.
>2 out of 3 episodes have no action
I honestly felt it was more 1/2 of the episodes. I wouldn't have minded it as much if the politics were actually good in show other than KUDELLIA SUGOI.
>Sometimes action scenes are completely cut out
Not really a problem. Every single fight doesn't need to be in every episode or you'll get a Seed scenario where you'll just reuse footage of mooks dying to Tekkadan
>The music is absolutely atrocious and borderline ear rape.
The soundtrack is one of the few things /m/ agrees was good about IBO, dude
>Horrific animation
I'll take actual animation over the same scenes reused multiple times like in Destiny
>Forced homosexual ships as determined in the endgame
Nothing wrong with this. Why wouldn't the future be fine with same-sex marriage if they're fine with shit like child soldiers
>Clumsy foreshadowing
Such as? You mean the stuff with Vidar?
>>
>>15430237
Yaraon is a source that's only credible when it agrees with one's argument. The interviews with Tomino getting ripped on for G-Reco and apologizing for it are from there.
>>
>>15430247
>because Fukuda thought Cagalli's actress was getting to close to Morosawa.
Explain further
>>
>>15430249
>For fucks sake Kira even becomes the main character again.
No, he became the hero, Shinn was still protag he just turned evil.
>>
>>15430247
Agreed
Shit Animation >>>>>> Stock Footage abuse
I couldn't even handle it in SEED, and Destiny is even worse.
>>
>>15430252
It's part of an elaborate conspiracy that SEED haters have, pay that part no mind.

The CE hatedom is a lot like the DarkSydePhil hatedom. They have some good points, but they're obsessed with denigrating the object of their ire to the point of appearing autistic. Hence you have the Darth Lacus conspiracy theories and whatnot.
>>
File: Gilbert.mkv_001385511.jpg (39KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Gilbert.mkv_001385511.jpg
39KB, 320x180px
>>15430255
Can anyone explain to me how the fuck Durandal went from morally good, caring but unscrupulous leader in the beginning of Destiny to the cartoonishly evil caricature he was by the time Kira was "saving" the day again?
>>
File: 1490212951222.jpg (77KB, 821x608px) Image search: [Google]
1490212951222.jpg
77KB, 821x608px
>>15430252
Basically during the early production of Destiny (Like the 10s episode wise) Fukada thought Cagalli's voice actor (Naomi Shindo) was getting too close to Morosawa, so she rewrote her character to the crybaby leader you see during the middle of Seed Destiny. A bunch of the other cast voiced opinions against what Fukada wanted, most notably Shinn's VA.

It's so bad that Naomi Shindo refuses to do voicework for Cagalli in games/side material. Take a look at all the SRW games that have Seed Destiny, then take a look at the ones with voice acting and the ones that don't, then take a look at which of those games have Cagalli/Strike Rouge as a deployable character.
>>
>>15430268
>morally good
If you consider ordering the assassination of Lacus and working to expand ZAFT's military to be good, perhaps.
>>
>>15430276
>It's so bad that Naomi Shindo refuses to do voicework for Cagalli in games/side material.
That's total bullshit, what the fuck are you talking about? No offense.
>>
>>15430280
>If you consider ordering the assassination of Lacus
At the end of SEED and start of Destiny this would be an evil action. But the irony is that the longer Destiny goes on, the more Lacus is painted as a dangerous rogue element manipulating wars, which actually justifies him moving to remove her.
>>
>>15430268
Shit writing.
>>
>>15430261
Disagree, the stock footage was gorgeous and I wouldn't mind hanging some on my wall, IBO screams "rush job" in too many frames.
>>15430294
Not really, he had good ideas on where to lad humanity while fighting genocidal maniacs, over time he slowly became more corrupt with his ideals, so by the time he could finish the Earth Alliance the power got to his head. It is a much slower process than /m/ gives credit.
>>
>>15430309
The stock footage is awful for most of the show and isn't even comparable to non-stock footage shots in 00, GBF, or GReco.
There's also shit like the Impulse turning into the Strike because of stock footage laziness.
>>
>>15430309
Then why didn't Kira get corrupted when he was doing way more than Durandal for a longer period of time dealing with corrupt people
>>
File: 1490212908803.png (457KB, 622x669px) Image search: [Google]
1490212908803.png
457KB, 622x669px
>>15430289
>>SRW games with Cagalli as a playable character
>Alpha 3 (Seed)
>J (Seed)
>W (Seed/MSV)
>K (Seed Destiny)
>L (Seed Destiny)

>>SRW games where Seed/Seed Destiny are featured where Cagalli isn't a playable character
>Z
>Z2 (Both games)
>Z3 (Both games)
>UX
>OE
>V

In most of these, Neo just shows up in the Akatsuki when you get it for the first time.

The first Gundam game I can find her showing up in since then voiced is Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn, which came out in 2013/14 depending on your region.
>>
>>15430322
>and isn't even comparable to non-stock footage shots in 00, GBF, or GReco.
Maybe because they came a fuck of a lot later. It still looks better than its predecessors like Turn A (which is only kind of good, definitely not top tier like /m/ insists for no reason).
>>
>>15430327
And Extreme Versus, and the SD G Gen games.

Sounds like a coincidence to me.
>>
>>15430325
Lacus helped his moral compass somehow not his dick too.
>>
>>15430331
It's a coincidence that a voice actor refused to voice that character for almost a decade?
>>
>>15430336
It's a coincidence that the character was in games where there weren't any voices and not in games where there were voices. The same could be said for other characters, were their VAs traumatized as well? And again, G Gen.
>>
>>15430280
>>15430292
As for the military, beefing up ZAFT is a perfectly sensible action given how anyone with a brain could tell the EA/Blue Cosmos were just taking a breather for the next war and building their own strength, and they needed to be able to fight them.

Durandal is obviously meant to be a shady obvious villain, but the execution is so bungled that he spends the bulk of the show instead coming across as the only sane person in the earth sphere.

>>15430309
I took it as him being a 'good' foil to Rau. Where Rau sincerely believed (with good reason) that everyone was going to fucking kill each other, Durandal wanted to believe the best in people and prove his old friend's fatalism wrong. It's just that his outlook on how to achieve this was coloured by his own experience, and he had no confidante to point out how dumb his plan was.
>>
>>15430255
>No, he became the hero, Shinn was still protag he just turned evil.
The show instantly shifted its focus onto the TSA, he most definitely was not the protagonist.
>>
>>15430429
Except yes he was, get over it UCfag.
>>
>>15430435
Usually you don't need to wait for the BDs for the protagonist to get an actual ending.
>>
>>15430247
Not him but I think foreshadowing was a weak point in this show. Like "I have a long lost brother I only just mentioned now because he will be in this episode" happens twice back to back. Kudelia's maid was the one good use of foreshadowing. Though a bit heavy handed.
>>
>>15430247
>Shinn,
>all over the place
are you retarded?
Shinn is the same angry manchild all thr way through.

>>Clumsy foreshadowing
>Such as?
They literally use the same shitty "I have a brother out there" plot point to develop two characters.
Then they kill both brothers.
>>
>>15431004
Yeah, Shinn was the most consistent character in Destiny.
>>
>>15430508
Wrong, that was very bad foreshadowing, only TVTropes would have seen that coning.
>>
>>15430247
>wouldn't the future be fine with same-sex marriage if they're fine with shit like child soldiers
Just look at the past if you want an answer to that question.
>>
Yeah I love IBO too!
>>
>>15430327

The only game that really matters there is Z1 where Cagalli is conspiciously always given an excuse not to fight. However the game is heavily Shinn focused anyway and several other characters are unvoiced and not playable like Heine Dearka and the Dom Trio and even Andy is forced into Eternal aftera few stages so it could just be for space time reasons, since Cagalli would only join at the very end and they'd have to model in the Strike Rouge to have both her and Mwu PCs.

The other games are post plot Kira Athrun Shinn and sometimes Luna and Lacus only (and Z3 is only Kira and Shinn) so it's no surprise they don't have Cagalli when they don't have 80 percent of the cast.

It's really more likely a coinicidence or laziness on BN's part more than anything.
>>
>>15430292

But that only starts because Durandal attacked her. Otherwise she'd have cooperated with him. In effect he created his own problem by refusing to allow something he couldn't control to exist.

Premptively killing people because they might move against you later on before they'd done anything, and especially when they're currently retired is morally wrong.

That just justifies Lacus really because she's acting in self defense, since there's no reason to believe Durandal won't insist on having her killed regardless of what she does.
>>
>>15431462
It's been a long time since I watched Destiny but wasn't Lacus implicitly up to a lot of shady shit in the gap between SEED and Destiny?
>>
>>15430138

Oh look, it's that retarded anon who has a boner for CE, desperately trying to find something worse than Destiny all the while crying because people hate it.

You keep fucking making thread on /a/. How about you fuck off already?
>>
>>15430138
well it must've done something right if you sat through it for 40 episodes
>>
p>>15431363
Niceto see fake gundam fans.
>>
>>15431556
Oh hush, Clawshrimpy. Go make a GGG thread.
>>
>>15431564

Bro, I ain't Clawshrimpy. I don't even like Destiny. I am just tired of this same fucking anon making IBO shitposting threads. I don't even think IBO was that good, but christ if you have something to prove constantly making Destiny threads.
>>
>>15431582
Putyour trip back on Black Knight.
>>
>>15431594

Wrong again faggot. Seriously, enough with these threads.
>>
>>15430138
Agreed OP, notice in that ep mob boss and black chick die and the monster isthe only one that does not whine over it with eye water. Such forced and creepy shit.
>>
>>15431613
Like your new trip Duel. What monster of the week is that?
>>
>>15431626

Christ dude, I'm a scanlator. Your paranoia is hilarious though.
>>
>>15431631
/m/ has become paranoid in recent years. Nobody trusts anyone anymore ever since Guanche banned the Orochi four years ago. We tried to fight him off, but that fucker used all our tricls againstus in our worst year. We admit MAHQ beat us and we'restill pissed.
>>
>>15430138
>"some" stock footage
>"some" writing problems
man, you must really fucking love SEED
>>
>>15431686
Cr/y/ harder.
>>
>>15431646
If the corporate fat cats make trolling software, use Orochi's methods, and mass produce bots, then internet fandoms would be royally fucked in the long run.
>>
>>15431686
>>15430138
I'm not sure he's seen any other gundams besides Seed, Seed Destiny, IBO, and 0080 (which he hates equally)
>>
>>15432026
But /y/ners love SEED, since Kira/Athrun homolust.
>>
>>15433054
I have seen almost every gundam, congrats on being wrong.
>>
>>15431233
She had plenty of suspecious moments like when she connected them to a communication network or when Orga caught her on the computer or the confusion about the necklace with the contemplative gaze. The show makes it clear she's a traitor.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.