[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ransformers movies are good. Why do people hate them? Is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: robert.jpg (97KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
robert.jpg
97KB, 720x1080px
ransformers movies are good.

Why do people hate them?

Is it just in normie culture the transformers movies are hated?

Surely mecha nerds like these movies, right
>>
>>15430079
In what ways are they good. You surely can't be talking about the dialogue or plot.
>>
>>15430079
They're OK as dumb action flicks. Mecha action is rather poor, and the designs are atrocious.
>>
>>15430079
>Surely mecha nerds like these movies, right
It's the opposite if anything - the "mecha" design in the movies is atrocious, which is why they're so hated here
>>
File: 1492011405382.webm (896KB, 1070x564px) Image search: [Google]
1492011405382.webm
896KB, 1070x564px
>>15430079
i still cant get what normies means by the action too hard/shaky and don't understand what going on

did they only watch fucking godmars
>>
File: 53624553_p0.jpg (316KB, 1100x1383px) Image search: [Google]
53624553_p0.jpg
316KB, 1100x1383px
>>15430098
also
>metal alien shapeshifter
>hurr turnado of scraps
>finally get more streamlined design
>hurr too human change it back

the fuck is going on
>>
because michael bay is a shit tier director
>>
>>15430113
we wanted robots, not metal alien shapshifters, not turnado of scraps, not streamlined human designs

chunky, transforming robots
>>
>>15430125
them why dose his movies make so much dosh
>>
>>15430098
Just from that scene, there are a number of problems. The environment they chose purposely to be dark and poorly lit with minimal color because "muh CG is hard". In the second part of that scene when Optimus is hit in the neck with something, you can't tell what it is, but from the split second before, it hints that it's Megatron's foot. Still, you can't see what it is so it looks like Optimus is hit with fucking nothing. Because of the shitty design of the robots, you can't tell what part of Megatron is visible on the lower right of the screen in that scene, it's just another indiscernible hunk of metal, which makes it tremendously difficult for the viewer to internalize the positioning and movements of the fight. Again, this is done because of lack of effort in the fight direction and CG.

Also that's one of the few scenes that is not obscenely zoomed in and have explosions and shaky cam everywhere.

In TF1, all the action scenes you were looking at the zoomed in random shrapnel of the ankle bone or forearm of some robot while the the camera angles kept changing so it was impossible to tell what was going on. Again, this was done because the CG and action sequencing was shit, so they purposely made things indiscernible because they couldn't get comprehensible action scenes too look good.
>>
File: masterforce.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
masterforce.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>15430134
then stop complaining and watch G1 you dumb american
>>
File: ehrenkruger.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ehrenkruger.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>15430079
The movies went to shit the moment he came aboard as writer (he also wrote Ghost in the Shell remake).

I'm actually optimistic about The Last Knight since he's no longer involved in the production.
>>
>>15430198
The first movie isn't particularly good either. It's not the steaming pile the franchise has become but it's still bad.

Also fun fact that guy also wrote The Ring's screenplay and also Reindeer Games.
>>
>>15430079

Judging by box office sales "normies" don't mind it. I mean, it's profitable enough to make 5 movies despite their high cost.

If anything, the atrocious "vomit some metal into a pile and paint it dull brown and grey" design makes it intolerable to /m/

If you think /m/ likes it just because it has robots in it, you haven't seen enough threads around here boyo
>>
>>15430079
Critics hate them, normal people don't.
>>
Since this seems to be a Bayformers thread, might as well post the new trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vtf0MszgP8

I'm cautiously optimistic? But then, I liked Age of Extinction, well the first half at least. Once the Autobots escape Lockdown's ship the entire plot goes to shit.
>>
>>15430348
For me, I expect it to go the same route as always. I like the trailers and almost get sort of interested in the film itself, but the finished product is shit.

Only thing different now is that I haven't been keeping up with this movie's production, so I instinctively try to fill in any knowledge gaps with wishful thinking. But I know it's pointless.
>>
First one was enjoyable and is probably the one I'd say is actually still quite "good," even though that's up for debate with a lot of the jokes aging like shit and that final sequence with Sam fucking up Megs and not Prime. I do remember enjoying the prequel novel for the first film quite a bit, even with all the human shit though.

>>15430348

I liked Age of Extinction too, although it really felt like they put too much plot into it. You could've easily split it into two films and the pacing would've been better by miles. Felt like everything that happens during the second act/the China stuff could've used way more breathing room.

I'm cautiously optimistic the new one though. I really like how they're actually taking the Murderprime concept and running with it.
>>
>>15430079
tried watching 4 and it made giant robots fighting each other boring
>>
>>15430079
>Surely mecha nerds like these movies, right
How can I when all the mecha look like a living scrap heap
>>
The only Transformers film I have seen is the third one and it made me hate cinema
>>
>>15430152
Them why dose you nothing about the movie industry and the world? they barely make the money they used to anyways
>>
First one is a guilty pleasure. That Megan Fox opening the hood of the car where you can get a clear view of her waist is iconic popcorn cinema. Bay went to the crapper after that until he made Pain & Gain.
>>
Watching The Last Knight Trailer I can't help thinking of the office conversation.

Bob, you finished that King Arthur movie yet?

No. You finished that Transformers movie yet?

No.

I've got an idea.
>>
>>15430079
I like mecha, not silverware golems.
>>
The movies are far too long than they needed to be, which is terrible because all of the movies had shitty generic plots and the stories could be told in 90 minutes, easily. Though I liked Megatron's and Bumblebee's design. also some of the action scenes were good.
>>
>>15430079
>Is it just in normie culture the transformers movies are hated?

lol

only normies think those abominations are "good"

Soulless Gundams have more character than the characters in the Transformers films, humans transformers and all.
>>
>>15430088
It's mecha on the movie screen.
>>
>>15430304
Normies go see it and then complain how shit it is but they will still see the next one.
>>
>>15431079
somehow I wouldn't be surprised if this is based on some transformers spinoff from the 80s that everyone but hardcore transformers fans have forgotten about that bay resurrects after skimming their wiki
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW1byMeeZNA
>focus on children actors
>OMG they said she fights like a girl!?! well jokes on THEM she's really SUPER BADASS and smug and quippy
>lol they're treating the t-rex bot like a dog haha
there is no way this won't be shit
>>
>>15433039

Like every other Bayformers film except maybe the first, then?
>>
Not enough Transformers and character of them, too much humans. Of course that's due to the effects costing alot. But then again alot of the budget is wasted on military scenes and such that people don't give a shit about.

With that said, I'd rather watch streamlined 30min transformer movies, where they cut the bullshit and focus more on the transformers.
>>
>>15430079
Transformers are the Fast and The Furious of mecha. It don't matter how bad it is, it will make money because its a movie normies will go out and see to spend time with their family then go out to dinner at the nearest Arbys
>>
>>15430079
>Michél bay my ass

They are the exact opposite of the series
>>
File: tubbs.jpg (63KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
tubbs.jpg
63KB, 500x380px
>>15430079
>Why do people hate them?
Paper thin plots, cheap gags, and an abundance of cringy scenes mostly. The commercialization of the franchise has hurt it even more with obvious product inserts and shoe-horned pandering to the Chinese audience in the last one. Hell even the VP of Design from General Motors made a cameo for some reason.

>Is it just in normie culture the transformers movies are hated?
Also, correct. They can accept that the movies are big, dumb action flicks, but feel that being at all amused by them in any degree is somehow indicative of an inferior or childish intellect. They equate that liking if you like the movies, then you must be a stupid person and that if you don't like them then you are therefore not stupid.
>>
>>15433001
But it's bad at being that
>>
>>15433089
Hey fuck you leave Arbys out of this
>>
>>15433055
I mean even for bayformers standards, fuck child actors
>>
>>15433153
>We have the meats
>>
File: arbys-orange-cream-shake.jpg (14KB, 439x260px) Image search: [Google]
arbys-orange-cream-shake.jpg
14KB, 439x260px
>>15433153
they may not be the best, but that creamsicle milkshake they have over the summer is one of the greatest things in fast food
>>
>the actors are bad
>the writing is bad
>the jokes are horrible
>Micheal bay still hasn't figured out camera angles after all these years
And for the Transformers autists themselves:
>designs are bad (but this is up for debate IMO)
>>
>>15436218
honestly I like the idea of scrap golems, makes them feel more like ayylmaos and not just robots made by us that we call ayylmaos
doesn't stop them from looking like shit on screen but oh well
>>
>>15430304
Western normies != Chinamen that can't psychologically handle anything with ghosts in it
>>
>>15433121
Bruh they openly said they were filming the beginning of the second one in China for the Chinese audience to relate to. These movies have been China bait for alot longer than "the last one"
>>
>>15436229
>These movies have been China bait for alot longer than "the last one"

I'm not arguing against that. I said that it was obvious in the last one which is objectively true.
>>
>>15436221
I hate how overdesigned they are. If you went to Youtube and search What is Bayhem? You will get what i mean. Not every shot has to be a A West Side Story/Gentlemen Prefer Blondes level where loads of things move onscreen.
>>
>>15430079
What?
No
In normie culture they're "just fun action flicks bro, just turn your brain of you don't need to think"

Stop trying to think you're cultured because you like literal bottom of the barrel shit.
>>
>>15430079
No because the designs are literal garbage the action is mediocre and anything else worthy of note was done better by some preceding piece of transformers media. Just because it has giant robots doesnt make it good or mean that /m/ users will like it.
>>
Transformers 1 was the only good one. It was good as a dumb action movie/teen comedy.

The rest of the movies are abhorrent garbage.
>>
It amazes me how I hear nothing but negative opinions on this franchise and they still make bank. I'm still mad they wasted Shockwave.
>>15434360
Sometimes they work out, that girl in Logan was pretty damn great.
>>
>>15430125
I hate him but i'd argue against it. He is rather technical as a director but lack a sense of control. For better or for worse, he has a great ability on making things look grander than they actually are. His 360 degree camera rotating style separates him from most run of the mill director. Bad Boys II would be boring without him.
>>
>>15436889
good child actors are an exception, not the rule, and when bay can't even get good ADULT actors, well
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.